twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

More or less.

yep. it's the average life of the Drumpf supporter

pretty much

No

Only some parts of the South.

why is he so cute bros

more heroin usage in 2017

no. child protective services would be called on those kids. even in poor areas there's a sense of order and people going to their jobs. I'm sure you could FIND people as fucked up as this, drug addicts and homeless most likely, but there isn't an underground cat hunting economy.

>from a guy who made kids
Oh wowie, a father like me.

>The film was shot in some of Nashville's poorest neighborhoods. Producer Cary Woods comments, "we're essentially seeing the kind of poverty that we're used to seeing in Third World countries when news crews are covering famines, [but] seeing that in the heart of America." One small home housed fifteen people and several thousand cockroaches. Bugs literally crawled up and down the walls.[3] Korine comments, "we had to take out stuff to be able to put the camera in the room."[8] At times, the crew rebelled against filming in such conditions and Korine was forced to purchase hazmat suits for them to wear. Korine and Escoffier, who thought this was offensive, "wore Speedos and flip-flops just to piss them off."[6]
i guess so

Dude people bad LMAO

i regretted every second i watched of this fuck off for reminding me

Korine and Escoffer sound like liberal idiots.

>At times, the crew rebelled against filming in such conditions and Korine was forced to purchase hazmat suits for them to wear. Korine and Escoffier, who thought this was offensive, "wore Speedos and flip-flops just to piss them off."
lmao
is there a documentary about the filming of Gummo or Korine in general?
all I've seen is that bizarre one with him and Gaspar Noe

>Korine and Escoffier, who thought this was offensive, "wore Speedos and flip-flops just to piss them off."[6
Awesome.

Korines from Nashville and he’s based a f

please explain how the word "liberal" relates to any of that.

lol how? they were shooting in conditions that people actually lived in and people wanted hazmat suits for it, do you really just kneejerk whenever you hear the word "offensive"?

Reminds me of this old Washington Post series where the writer moved into some shit section of DC to conduct interviews. He said that the apartment he moved into had cockroaches that were so used to human contact that they didn't give a fuck about being in your presence and you had to physically swat them aside if you wanted them to move.

Shit fuck nogggrt

just because that asshole korrine wanted to view the poor people and their miserable toil and existence for his vanity project to view with his hollywood pals doesnt mean he needs to mock those who have concerns for their own safety

I think it's a reasonably accurate description of some parts of the lower midwest. I've had to spend a few days in Oklahoma one time and there were countless little townships like that along the highway. Not too small in size but maybe a few thousand residents tops, a few general stores and things like that along the main drag, but no industry of any kind. I stopped by to eat at a diner and spent a few hours walking around, really leaves you with a lot of questions.

Honestly made me appreciate city life a lot more, I'm sure peaceful little flyover towns are great places to retire to but they've gotta be incredibly depressing to grow up in.

>directorial debut
>hollywood pals
lrn2movies, also somebody else mentioned that he is actually from the south

wow you're a pussy and know nothing about korine. he likes making movies about those kinds of characters because he's from that environment. btw some cockroaches are not going to kill you, they're not radioactive and certainly don't warrant a hazmat suit. I'm truly sorry that doing things for the sake of art fun and adventure don't register to you.

this is what anywhere outside of affluent coastal cities looks like to jew yorkers.

woah dood u did a redpill!!1

Nah. Not the middle. But yeah this is what poor white people would be like in America, and yes mostly in the south.

youtube.com/watch?v=pYUUW_1kar0

Best scene in the movie.

>When a mini-dwarf rich kid from Nashville like Harmony Korine flies first class and moves to New York City’s Soho in his ‘plush safe’ apartment, running around town quoting Godard with lines like, "Fuck the bourgeois", it’s insincere, it’s calculated, it’s unoriginal, and it’s the worst thing in the world, ‘trendy’. He already knows that he and his boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny are going to be on the cover of ‘The Face’. He knows he’ll get his run at The Angelica and be hip in Japan. But no one will ever make an important film because they saw ‘Gummo’ or ‘Donkey Boy’.

Yup. The culture you consume is from the coasts so you don't get this info / perspective often but as a flyover-liver its pretty much exactly like this

>I'm truly sorry that doing things for the sake of art fun and adventure don't register to you
Yea because filming poverty for some snob movie while mocking crew members who dont want to take bed bugs home to their families sure is an adventure what an out of touch asshole you are. those people living it must have felt uplifted at the thought of such high art being created at their expense.

>boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny
She sucked your dick on camera, bro. Show some respect.

yeah

Is that why gallo busted a nut in sevigny's eye?

Then he made Sevigny choke on his cock for "art," fucking based

He literally made the movie to show the kind of conditions people he knew as a kid lived in.

same can be said for any of Gallo's films

Youre right man never take risks. show dem liberals

oh the ironing

>don't hurt people's feefees and don't shine a light on the hardships people face
You're a fucking idiot and nothing you're saying is making any sense

>Youre right man never take risks. show dem liberals
go get bed bugs when you leave mummies tit

>mum
Oh you’re a Brit disregarded completely

Literally what are you even arguing about? That he exposed his crew to bed bugs? Get real, faggot

You are such a faggot holy shit

Every time I see someone with that kind of chin it makes my blood boil. I dont know what it is, but it makes me want to punch them hard. They are not human.

Pretty much. Most of my enjoyment of the films comes from the fact that I grew up around some kids reminiscent of the ones in the film. The living conditions weren't that bad in Podunk Nebraska but there were some shifty parts of town.

One kid, that was rumored to have fingerbanged his cat on the reg, killed his newborn from shaking in a meth rage some years back.

god has abandoned us

I live in Oklahoma, there's nothing as bad as what you see in Gummo.

Maybe in the panhandle...I mean it is the panhandle...

he has a friend that will record that and i have no one. who's really fucking up here?

And?

Thats so interesting user. We should definitely have more of you and your Friends on movies and series!! We need to explore more of this, the authentic america! The real america. Raw. Honest. Gut-wrenching. Bold. Like a rough diamond.

I'm from the rustbel and there was a story in my town where a kid supposedly chopped up his parents and hid the parts in their backyard shed, my cousin would always point out the house when we drove by. I never figured out if it was legit or not.
I've been in a few extremely dirty houses way out in the country also.

brilliant point

Really? I do have another story.

Is Middle America like this?
No
Are there broke as fuck towns that are comparable to this in America?
Yes. There are shithole trailer parks across the country. I would argue that they are the exception to the rule, however you could probably look into through rural income statistics of some sort.

That's not what Middle America refers to.

Si. I am from the Central Americas also we are just like these, without the spaghettis in bathtubs however. He mostly right but we not look like Americanos.

This is one of my favorite American movies because it really does simulate the dereliction and sober hopelessness of growing up poor I rural America. It is of course a symbolic exaggeration, but it is like a moving impressionistic piece about my youth. I love it.

Any other movies like that? I need some depressing kino

tyler1 hehehe

I really like Gallo but I think he is off base. Korine might be calculated, craven and venal but Gummo is a good movie and a contribution to the canon. I’m the fag above who said Gummo is one of my favorite American movies. To that’s lost I also would add buffalo 66, among a few others. I don’t care about what you youngins think of this assessment so don’t bother commenting on that. I do think korine is a faggot vain hipster but Gummo has merit.

>One kid, that was rumored to have fingerbanged his cat on the reg, killed his newborn from shaking in a meth rage some years back.
Sup Forums: the post

>dude I wanna make a documentary showcasing white trash america
>cant actually find any white trash that fit my perception of white trash
>fuck it ill just make an artsy pretend documentary

This movie was directed by a Jew, and it's the pure vision of how they see us.
>Gummo
>Goyim

Note the alternate poster with the upside down Christian cross. Gummo is mocking the Creator for creating lower class goyim.

Is this film actually entertaining or is it just a bleak slog?

you decide
youtube.com/watch?v=mBvatwg47-0

What's wrong with this kid?

it's time for a mutt remake lads

you could watch the Making a Murderer series on Netflix. Kinda similar type characters. Also Julien Donkey Boy. Or maybe Stroszek.

Name one director with merit inspired by Korine. You can't.

i liked the thing Korine did with val kilmer on the bicycle

disgusting

this board is for people 18 or older

Max Landis

he made this review in 2000. brown bunny was in 2003. id love to know how it got from there to onscreen fellating

Liberals fetishize poverty and think all of America should look like Venezula.

It's good to have a movie like this once in a while.You can't shove your own shit under the rug and then complain that your house stinks

I find gummo extremely relaxing and relateable. but I was white trash that huffed paint with my friends in middle school, so yeah.