It's finally been a year

What are your overall thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/mxicpd40
en.genzu.net/sokan/
twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/832049428395499520
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Personally, I thought it was just okay, but overhyped.

Loved it.

Rewatching has been great because you pick up on all the small ques for what is to come later. Show is just fantastic. I hope the universe continues in some way.

I liked it

Good show, didn't overstay its welcome

Could've done with a third season, though.

I think you should stop making this thread

Why's that?

Excellent show, needs to be continued.

Loved it, want to see comics.

A few weeks ago, everybody was talking about how the show was overrated shit, now you're all sucking its dick

>Sup Forums is one person
>What are contrarians hating on something just so you can be against the majority.

Not a hive mind ect ect
But seriously, people who hate something usually sperg the loudest.

>MEANWHILE in Bizarro Sup Forums...

i watched like 11 episodes and found it horribly overrated. I thought Mable was gonna be the greatest female character yadda yadda but she is just selfish and annoying without all the fun. Basically Dee Dee. The jokes are hit and miss. Stan is great though.

>13+ posts in on a Gravity Falls thread
>no one has said the word "hack" yet
What's going on?

It's been a year and there's still at least one thread a day

I wish Alex would stop pumping out merchandise now that it's over.

It pushed the envelope but ultimately was unsatisfying

Pacifica's massive breasts.

It was ok

Couldv'e done with 3 13 half hour seasons (less time between the beginning and gideon rises, 2 more episodes between scaryoke and not what he seems, and more time in general with ford)

Had pretty much zero reason to end as rushed or abruptly as it did.

Alex Hirsch is a lazy obnoxious kike.

Forget the creator, the show is still great. People on Sup Forums mostly just hate on it for the attention.

Still mad about pacifica not keeping her character developement and no padifica.

It'll happen in the comics. Best girl deserves best boy.

damn great show up untl they revealed the author, it all went downhill from there extremely fast

the ending was decent at best

Season 2 was great, just the ending they fumbled the ball a bit.

I miss Limey.

I loved it from beginning to end

This. It failed in its attempt to be more dramatic and plot-driven, really wish they didn't go with an end-of-the-world finale.

It sucked

>What are your overall thoughts?

Solid 8/10

Quite possibly my favorite show of all time, planning to start a rewatch tonight.

Wonderful characters and setting, engaging mystery plot and great stand-alone episodes as well. It isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it hits far too many of my sweetspots for any of it's flaws to be dealbreakers.

I was frustrated by a lot of 2b and especially Wierdmageddon but after being given a year to mellow out I've realized that the good far outweighs the bad.

really wish Mabel wasn't such a brat, only character I really couldn't stand but she's fucking everywhere

Could have done with a spookier tone.

It would have been really great if Hirsch didn't torpedo the show after he got bored with working on it.

Pretty much

Why's that?

Yeah, she seems to be the most popular

Decent, even if the female characters were all written terribly.

>Could've done with a third season, though.
Really could've. Tried to pack too much into the 2nd half of season 2.

Very good show. Wish there were more episodes.

Loved it, but I wish it had more story and another season. I also wish it had more Pacifica.

I saw the It's Always Sunny episode "Frank's Brother" the other day, and it felt kinda like a non-supernatural version of "A Tale of Two Stans" to me.

It was okay

What a cash cow.

The creator said comics are a possibility so there is hope for more pacifica.

I hope so

I think /gfg/ may have actually been the most fun I've ever had on Sup Forums.

I wasn't around for that. What was it like?

That season 2A though

anyone got that pic alex drew of the twins when they were older (and specifically said it was not canon)?

Hard to explain, I think it's just this feeling of community and familiarity you develop after shitposting with the same group of people every single day, about nothing, for over a year.

Still love it and was here from the beginning. Probably one of the oldest file I have from the show. I also have this too pastebin.com/mxicpd40 and it has almost ever live thread of /gfg/. Though I wish it lasted one more season, would have been worth it to enjoy it on Sup Forums for another year or two.

see If you have any problems with desustorage just change it to desuarchive

Right here.

>Mabel becomes some weird colorful goth

And she changes her mind about fingerless gloves.

I think the joke was that she accidentally burns half her hair off with a firework and rolls with it until it grows back.

Bad

Why's that?

Finally having watched it a few months ago, I don't really get the complaints, other than "it should have been longer", which is not something I really buy since it was only taking place over one summer.

came for the hot chub fan service. stayed for the pretty good story, lore, characters, voice acting and overall plot (until the Love God episode came in and Mabel evolved from an endearing character to a massive cunt). Still finished all the way through though.

an autistic nightmare.
was in almost every thread since the beginning

Mabel was a massive cunt before then, it just became more apparent as the show went on

By the finale she reached turbocunt status

I remember when /gfg/ used this weird site with the characters.

en.genzu.net/sokan/

I still miss it

Regardless of what you think of the show, for me, it's given me one of the funnest experiences a cartoon's ever been able to provide for its watchers

Honestly speaking, it's not as awful as Sup Forums typically likes to toot. Season 2B is the only truly lackluster part of the show as it failed to deliver on the premise of trying to make up for a missing season, which evidently it couldn't do. And even then it wasn't offensively terrible by any means. That's still three quarters a great show and one quarter missed opportunity with a nice ending.

I'm getting all depressed remembering the times now.

>Tfw /mlpg/ is nearly 7 fucking years old
Please kill me.

I wish I got into Gravity Falls sooner. I started watching it shortly after episode 9 of season 2 aired.

Finale was garbage tier, made me forget about this show whatsoever.

What was wrong with the finale?

Mabel was poorly written

twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/832049428395499520

>but your kindness makes it feel like I never left
that's because he hasn't left. He's still pumping out merch

I guess the show is officially dead

>new adventures

Yeah, I can't imagine anything interesting happening in Piedmont

>Check the archive for the first episode
>All those people that absolutely adored it and couldn't wait for more to come

Simpler times

Also thanks. I wasn't here for most of these so I'm gonna spend alot of time catching up and reading. It's like looking straight into an album, except really autistic and melancholy at the same time.

I miss /gfg/ so much. Some of the most fun I've had on this website. Glad to see some people in this thread are veterans. Happy anniversary lads.

It wasn't that good.
Dippers crush on Wendy really bogged down the first half on the show. Then Mabel bogged down the rest.

i wold like to point that i don't wanna sound like some hipster scumbag saying "DUHH IT'S SOOOOO OVERATED...2/10" when i really enjoy it and i miss it ...and 2 seasons was perfect time for what they wanted to tell..

still i miss it

Villain was weak, there were no real consequences. Just a fuckton of wasted potential.

Hirsch can't write girls

Alex needs to go ahead and fucking announce his new show. Getting real tired of this waiting shit.

It'll be worse than Gravity Falls, regardless of your opinion on Gravity Falls

>GF was inspired by Twin Peaks
>Twin Peaks fell apart after the "big reveal"
Pottery.

Alex never watched Twin Peaks until the show went into production. The series is more influenced by Eerie Indiana than anything.

I loved it, it had its problems yes, probably could've been resolved better if it had a 3rd season, but whatever still had a good time watching man.

Still waiting for that gf comic Hirsch what gives?!?

probably the best cartoon since AtLA

I wish I'd been their during the Not What He Seems premiere night.

>I missed out on /gfg/ and all the fun
Now I feel depressed Sup Forums

I can't help but think their maybe more that he's not telling us about ending the show so quick, not trying to defend the dude but it just seemed so odd that he would end a damn good show so abruptly.

it's not odd when you consider that Alex admitted he was stressed after the first season, and thought about ending it there.

>Stop talking about cartoons on the cartoons and comic board

Like some backstage drama shit, maybe?In addition to Alex actually wanting to end the show in the 1st season until his pal Jon Stewart convinced to keep going.

I wish they hadn't done the oh everything turned out okay in the end anyway thing with uncle stan. Aside from that good show.

Me too

No the problem was he was way too overpowered, so they had to tone him down. Then when they toned him down, it made him look really, really dumb.

I liked his role in the season 1 finale though, where he's just a demon in the background helping nefarious people without much care for their cause.