What TV do you have? 1080p? 4K?

What TV do you have? 1080p? 4K?
Are you thinking about getting a new TV soon?

Is the Sony XBR49X900E 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2017 Model) any good?

Go OLED or go home

I'm not rich.

The burn-in problem is still not fully solved on OLED.

>What TV do you have?
Got a 42" Panasonic G20 plasma since 2011. Works wonders, only wish it was about 50", then it'd be perfect.

You mean go plasma or go home.

Input lag makes it not so good for games.

32" 1080. I'd like something bigger, maybe even 4K, but I'm too poor.

I work home theater at best buy, sony makes the best longest lasting TVs currently,Samsung is decent but highly saturates colors to keep up which fucks with films or video that have darker pallets
also AMA about home theater or

I own a sony 4k x800d 49" myself to back up my claim that they make the best shit right now as far as tv goes, their soundbars aren't great for clarity though everything else is top notch

forgot pic, custom stand, they're usually much sleeker than mine

that sony is currently the best 49 inch model available.

A shitty Sony that I got for 100 euros. Who watches tv anyway?

lmao wagie

Just bought a TLC 55 inch 4k HDR TV. What's your opinion on the brand?

Reading up on them before I bought and it seemed like a decent purchase on my budget.

my family all uses crt still. we aren't poor its just one of those things we never saw the worth of upgrading.

200lbs of Sony WEGA 1080i CRT. I'd like to upgrade, but
>crt = dead
>plasma = dead
>sed = died in the womb
>lcd = shit
>oled = not up to par yet

Huh I've been looking at this tv myself, this or the one below it xe85.

a growing percentage of my income is passive and my family is fairly affluent, I do this for sales experience and cus my family won't cover my school fees cus it's art shot, lmao

lower end build quality on the spectrum, but we only just started selling TCL recently I haven't had enough experience or customer complaints to give a fair judgment

#1 in China so cheap parts like you said but from what I read it performed well. Only pad $450 for it and it looks nice so far. The built in Roku thing is great too.

40 inches hisense tv, very simple and cheap but great picture quality tv.

for 450 you could have got a solid 1080p TV that would last you a long time, I love 4k but if you had to choose between a solid 1080 and a risky 4k it's always a solid 1080 at least for now, if you're happy with it though congrats

yeah for a few months before the backlight fails or something else, I always tell customers straight up not to buy hisense or vizio, it's annoying dealing with customers coming back complaining about what you warned them about

i bought mine a year ago , so far working well. can you tel me what kind of problems should I expect from it ?

Should I get a Sony XBR49X900E?

a year out of a hisense? is it a 1080p?

I have had a 1080p Hisense 55-inch since last black friday, no problems since. It works well with my PS4, but the in tv apps are garbage.

Still a good tv though

one of the best tvs on the market

but oled still is king

900 series is honestly kinda overkill, there's definitely a noticeable difference in the picture and color quality, but there's very few media to warrant it, I'd recommend an 800 series as a sweet spot, I honestly can't imagine what substantial improvement they make past 4k as far as picture quality goes so if you just want to buy a TV that'll last you for a very long time and is essentially future proof, sure go ahead and get the 900, or an OLED but I hate them because they get burn in after a while I get in trouble at work for telling customers about it
this is why I asked if it was 1080p, it's a lot simpler of a system and therefore a lot less that can go wrong

shir same here man where do you work.

>mfw comfy 1366x768 laptop
>Q4 2017
>owning a tv

Best Buy you fucking retard.

Will 4K and UHD become the new standard or do you think 4K will not catch on like 3D TVs?

yes full hd 1080p why ?

not me (bbyanon) lmao but I'm sure he meant what store/region
it'll definitely catch on, cable needs to catch up with streaming, which is increasingly 4k

No love for LG? I've been looking at the LG 43UJ630V. Seems to have just about everything I want, including HDR. Just gonna wait for Black Friday to see if the price comes down.

What's the best tv to buy come black friday on a

Opinion on the XBR43X800E for gaming?

LG representative admitted that they fucked up the color matrix when it comes to their 4k tvs under their 9000 series,the colors are very dark compared to sony and Samsung, you can see it in stores
whatever "holiday tv" Samsung makes, for example the Samsung 6290 and 6300 are the same TV sans bluetooth capability for the 6290, but it's a solid 100$ cheaper, "regular" or top notch TVs are on sale most of the year with alternating sale prices per week or per 2 weeks but never dip below that for black Friday, there are specific TVs made for black Friday so don't have your hopes up for a tip tier TV, customers never believe me when I tell them and then black Friday rolls around

a monitor will almost always be better for gaming than a TV because of response time, if you're serious about gaming just use a monitor, but if you want an all around sorta thing then they're great for casual gaming, great with colors, black levels, and clarity

I'm seeing a lot of stores advertising a Samsung 55" 4K UN55MU6290 Ultra HD Smart TV. So I guess go for that since it's Samsung and a 6290 as you said, right?

Thanks

yes i forgot to mention one of hisense tv advantages is the secret factory menu , i use some tweaks there to get VGA quality on regular tv. ( but seriously dont do it if you are novice YOU MAY FUCK UP YOUR TV FOR GOOD )

it's a bit older at this point (2016) but still excellent i wouldn't have any qualms recommending it
yessir

also don't fall for the 4k player meme, if you wanna watch a movie in 4k that bad, just stream it digitally or go to the theaters

First tv i bought was a 22 Vizio
then a 40 in Sony Bravia (out of box)
then Sony XBR43X830C 43-Inch 4K Ultra
Now 55 OLED B6 - which they made the smaller tho, not upgrading again any time soon

Any other tv's you know of and recommend in case I can't get that specific Samsung? Looking for minimum of 55 inches for less than 700

careful not to leave that OLED on overnight too many times
you dead set on 4k?

I'd prefer 4k but it might be negotiable depending on how good a 1080p is

I'm planning on getting the TCL 55P605 this Black Friday. Seems like the best value proposition for my low budget. Also getting an Xbox One S. Would really like to get the X but I don't think I can justify paying like 3 times what the S costs.

It doesn't sit well with me to recommend much under 700 for that size in 4k, the trade offs tend not to be worth it, the only good one I can think of is that Samsung I was telling that user about, 4k Samsung 6290, no HDR but Samsung's color gamut tech already saturates colors so while the range might not be there the brightness will be

as far as 1080 goes I highly recommend the sony w600d, the processors in there do such a good job of making the image crisp you wouldn't believe it's just 1080, it's hard to describe without seeing it for yourself

POST THE DOG THAT BARFS SPAGHETTI

HE SHOULD BE THE TV THREAD MASCOT

Get a proper display you fuck

Thanks man. If I could go down to 49 inch minimum, any other recommendations?

oh yeah, sony x720e, processor and all that isn't as strong as the 800 and above and it's lacking androidTV, but it's excellent otherwise, and as far as size goes, my 800 is 49" but looks absolutely massive in my dorm

I'll keep those in mind, thanks again

cheers mate, if you go 4k, make sure to buy 4k cables, they transfer a lot more Gb/ps 4k images are a lot more dense than 1080p ones even if you're just counting pixels (8 million) you'll loss A LOT of image quality with inappropriate cables

>just stream it digitally
Lolno.
A 1080p BD is better than 4K streaming.

Shit, didn't even know that, thought all hdmi cables were the same. Amazon here I come

Why would anyone get an an xbox? You guys play shit like forza or halo?

stop having shit internet, it's definitely not
thats only applicable if you're using something external for your 4k, if it's from your TV you wouldn't need it

I have an XBR850C 55". It's been great for the couple of years I've had it.

Well I do have a ps4 and stream amazon prime on it sometimes. Might even get an Xbox one s to have a 4k blu ray player and access to other games

hey go ahead then son

I have a 17'' eMachines CRT from 2005 displaying a beautiful 1280x1024. Some day I'll get one of those fancy LCDs.

>stop having shit internet, it's definitely not
Yes it is. There's no "4K" streaming. The resolution is there but the bitrate is not. It's not even in the same league as a 1080p BD.

Also for obvious reasons local playback will always be superior. How can you compare the shitty software streaming services use with MPV or MPC+Madvr?

please explain what Netflix means by 4k streaming then, I'm genuinely curious, educate me pls

What about LG Led 4k 55inch