Storytime

Storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Emp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry, I fucked up

>Warren Ellis
Well lets have a look.

Nice, just got done reading and was about to storytime.

No idea what this is, but it's certainly intriguing. Thanks for the storytime.

>April 2017
What

This is a really shit look for Angie, the previous liquid metal was much better

That's all

inb4 images in a storytime reeeeee

Damn, Spartan got old

it's over
heres' your
>reeeeeeeeeeeeee
anyways

How long until Ellis gets bored with this and leaves?

We techno-hulk now

5 issues. Trees won't write itself!

That's just like, your opinion, man.

I'm all for more /m/ in my capeshit.

>tiny babby hands

does he still write trees, pretty sure it's got 1 issue in a year

i dug it. probably not enough to stick around for two years to see how it all unfolds, though. i'll see how the first 6-issue arc develops and decide then. the art was subpar and disappointing. hope they switch artists for the next arc.

man, Trees is still going? i couldn't get through two issues. i'm old enough to remember when an Ellis comic used to be something to look forward to. he kinda ruined that with his "hard drive crash." odd how even after that he still experiences delays in every single comic he's attached to, apart from Moon Knight, if i recall correctly.

Looks like there is a lot of players in this story which makes me want to see how it plays out.Also looking forward to seeing my boy Grifter again!

So this is the 3th full reboot?
And why does it feels like they set up a cinema universe? This looks more like GI Joe or Transformers movie thing.
I get that it tries to be modern, more "real", but that isnt really Wildstorm universe.

This issue feels bland, i get it, they try to set up the various properties, but Ellis could write it better.

As i saw that announcement, i wasnt sure if i should order it or not. But after reading im glad i didnt preordered it.

Even that the original was cheesy, this cheeesyness dont do it for me. this isnt wildstorm, its the husk of wildstorm with a cybernetic DC-Cinema universe skeleton underneath it.

Thx for storytiming.

It was.

Its just the set up for the world.
Looks like there will be several Spin-offs after this.

I am hopeful but i am afraid Warren will fuck it up by being lazy.Then again Jim Lee has an army of kids he could use to keep Warren working.

Comics are cover dated a few months after they're actually released. It's a remnant of old magazine publishing practices, it let them keep the issues on the rack for longer without seeming out of date. I think a few regular magazines still do it too.

>NOT MUH
It's just the first issue autismo, give it some time.

Besides, I have no idea where you're getting that this is some kind of cinematic WS universe, if anything this is the Ultimate WS universe.

So Marlowe is an alien as opposed to an android and lacks the nigh omnipotence he had in the previous universe

>MAD trying to stay relevant

More like new universal version.

Ellis's Wildstorm work has always hada cinematic feel to it. The Authority arc was damn near movies on a page.

Shit he's still writing Trees can he actually make it feel like something is fucking happening or will he wait till the sun goes supernova to finish it

Meant for

Look the cafe, the introductions, the action scenes.
Change it with GI Joe character or put somewhere a transformers. bang you got a cinematic universe thing.
The panels and their design reminds me of movies.

>give it some time.
No, will pass it. Even the 2nd Reboot felt more like Wildstorm than this.
For me it seems more like the CDU that failed hard.

The question is why not put the main setting/plot on his shoulders. And the rest on other writers?

Sure but it didnt felt bland and exchangable with other characters or properties. And this is the first issue that should set the tone. Like a trailer. This doesnt do anything for me. Wont buy it. Wildstorm is dead for me now.

Pretty good, it should have been oversized and given us bigger action sequences.

As a Wildstorm fan it needs a little bit more techno and military jargon.

And they did a bad job with pacing and framing it felt like Engineer transfromed like 2 feet away from Craven, it shouldn't have taken Craven till the end of the issue to find out who she is.

I like the new Kraven, very Tony Stark esq but his entire sequence felt like shit talking co-workers instead of madman.

Bring on Helspont, Pike and Orb already

Unironically really digging the completely sterile art, goes well with Ellis' inherent coldness, the conspiracies and the modern minimalist pastel chic look.

yeah, i hear you. it wasn't stellar by any means. modern day Ellis reads like he doesn't put forth much effort anymore. plus 24 issues is really a stretch, so expect plenty of decompression. not to mention the art was kinda bad, like spin-off bad. they should have gotten a big name, or at least a competent artist for the launch.

>Look the cafe, the introductions, the action scenes.
>Change it with GI Joe character or put somewhere a transformers. bang you got a cinematic universe thing.
>The panels and their design reminds me of movies.

I think that's the thing, even long before the TF and GI Joe films you mention, Ellis was already looking into making comics more like movies and wanted to eschew the standard comic storytelling at the time in favor of that.

Also I assume this was done to distinguish it from Wildstorm characters already in the DCU or New Earth or whatever you want to call it.

>N-N-NOT MUH!!!!
Seriously, you're pathetic.

Enjoyed it. The art was the strangest. Was expecting 90s style WildStorm superhero art & design with widescreen movie style panels. It was instead quite straightforward modern tech-noir style with standard panelling.

Half year

If she is still developing it, I'm sure she'll continue upgrading herself.

I hate this new Void so much
Who did all these shitty street-level redesigns anyway?

Jim Lee.

Haha, are you kidding me
Old Void was just a naked silver bald chick
At least this has a lot more thought put into it

This doesn't have any thought put into it, now she's just some chick in a plugsuit. Classic Void looked really alien and otherworldly to fit her personality.

>Old Void was just a naked silver bald chick
The less the better

changes liquid blood for razor blade blood. New angie is not very smart.

dude what?
spartan took Lord Emp, aka Jacob Marlowe's name. as a "nephew".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Emp

I wanted Wildstorm to come back but I guess I'll be passing on this. Ellis has his own ideas of what Wildstorm should be and I'm sure his fans will be interested.

Nah, this was boring as fuck.

You still have Orlando.

The art isnt bad. A little bit stiff, a little bit puritan, but it transports the story and looks more realistic.
>spin-off
You nailed it. Feels more of an adaption of a crime tv series.
Not bad, but sure another artist would help.

Yes but than it was moviesque. But now its like an adaption of CSI the Comic. The panels are less movie but GI Joe movie.

>distinguish it from Wildstorm characters already in the DCU or New Earth
But going grim&gritty isnt what wildstorm was for me. So wildstorm is just a husk to sell his grim noir spy comic. Thats why i mean it seem sto me like you could change the characters or universe and nothing changed.

Yes, exxageration helps to validate your points.
>i dont have any arguments
>quick lets throw a tantrum
grow up, if you want to prove me wrong.

oh shit, I had thought that Spartan used a different name from Emp when he went public so Emp's public name was something else

>Ellis has his own ideas of what Wildstorm should be and I'm sure his fans will be interested.

Isn't there a large overlap between Ellis fans and Wildstorm fans? Between Stormfront, Authority and Planetary he defined a lot of Wildstorm's more popular elements

>exxageration
Jesus kid, you can't even spell, why should I take you seriously?

Ellis is certainly starting at full Ellis. God only knows at what % Ellis he'll finish.

Anyway I'm actually not that interested in the Wild Storm, so please hurry and get to the character minis.

I dont really hate her, but at first i thought
>Ladytron?
No, thats not her
>Lady Deathstrike?
Adrianna? Oh Void.

More thought isnt always good. If you make her more generic.

>Stormfront
Ellis is a Neo-Nazi?

>But now its like an adaption of CSI the Comic.

In light of other Ellis comics in the last 15 years that doesn't really surprise me. He seems to do a lot of procedural stuff (Gravel, that Simon Spector comic for Apparat, Moon Knight, Fell, and I'm pretty sure there's others)

Injection is essentially a high concept procedural thing. His run on Bond too.

He's confusing Stormwatch with Stormfront.

>generic
Show me 5 other characters who look like her.

>Stormfront
Kek

Loved it.
Fuck the stupid spandex comics, this is way better.

It's weird how some artists can be really good at organic horror and no-sell tech stuff, or vice versa.

Yeah, thats what i feel too.

Dialog sorta annoys me. I'm already starting to miss the old gritty but superhero universe.

Fuck me. Meant to type Stormwatch

Change the names into
>Ladytron
>Deathstrike
You wouldnt notice that its Void.
And than you could put her in a Halo setting, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Titanfall or into the GI Joe movie. She would just blend in. Thats what i mean with generic.

Yes, but the problem is, thats not Wildstorm for me. So it just feels more like cover it up with thewildstorm skin so fans will buy it. But with this kind of first issue you get lured to read, but dont get a reward.

She looks nothing like Ladytron, what the fuck are you on about?

congratulation. here have a cookie

How mature, as expected from an underage b&.

This is basically a modern Image comic.
Which is a good thing, mind, even if it's a bit ironic.

So that's what that means. I noticed it on comics years ago but never looked into it