Bro-Captain edition
Water Polo minor

>check /std/
>they are talking about shapeshifting Klingon
what the fuck

Member when Geordi was a beard-o

>TOS pilot the cage
>aliens are too good at imagining things so they can't be productive anymore
>if humans ever learn how to access this power of illusion they will be broken as a species
What's a holodeck
>girl is all deformed and shit
>aliens make her appear beautiful
>after threatening to kill himself rather than be a prisoner, Pike decides it's better for the girl to remain prisoner where she can live the illusion of being beautiful
K.
>concluding scene joke is a yeoman asking the captain if he would fuck her

So when Worf joins the house of martok is he no longer exiled or shunned by other klingons?

None of them really like him anyway. I'm sure he pissed someone off and had to quit his ambassador position.

Seems like it, yeah

Very Controversial Opinion Incoming

Am I the only one who thinks that The Visitor is just good and not great? Hardly bad, just overrated.

Rewatched it recently and I thought Cirroc lofton's acting was superb but there was too much filler that seemed unimportant.

Remember that time Worf raped Ezri?
What about the time he tried to kill himself when he got a space fever. Or the time when he was paralysed so he tried to convince his only estranged son, who he barely knew, to kill him. Or that time he stabbed his brother, healed him back to normal and then wiped his memory. He was a good chief of security.

I can definitely understand your point of view.

It was great though but could have been better.

Some writers are bad

It's only great if you have daddy issues, which explains why is vastly overrated here

> A Matter of Perspective

lol that cuck got R I K E R E D

If you're a father its a really great episode as well because you really feel for sisko and his plight of existing for only a few minutes but seeing your sons life fall to pieces because of you

So DS9 is all imaginary right?

>that cuck
His name is Lead Researcher Shickadance to you!

By extension all of Star Trek was imaginary

So why did the prophets all act like oh my god what is linear time and who are people we dont understand

But then lol we made you

I don't get why people hate that episode

Why isn't discovery /trek/?

I like the series... But it's just not /trek/

And with all their space medicine they probably could have fixed her.

Trek medicine is literally just writers convenience. Some episodes they can cure space aids but other episodes its lol we cant stop the bleeding

They didn't make him until after they had already met him.

It's not linear.

Hector, more like Rektor xD

Something doesn't stop or start being Trek just because you like it or not. Give it a few years when it's not so cancerous to talk about and it'll have it's place in normal discussion. Unless it gets cancelled and that other secret project the director of Wrath of Khan is working on replaces it.

STD is unironically the DS9 of our generation. Initially rejected vehemently by the community, it will eventually be re-evaluated and respected for having its own separate style and forging its own unique identity.

Similarly, Orville is our Voyager. While it is at first welcomed with open arms for being a return to form, it will ultimately be viewed as an aimless and directionless waste of time that had no ambitions other than to copy TNG but at a far lower level of quality.

Can we get the Sup Forums boards Template so we can make a Trek version of all the boards like they did with the GoT characters. We could use some races or individual characters for certain boards

Stop.

25 years ago you would have been complaining about DS9 too, if you had had the opportunity.

Wrong.

Whatever you say.

>STD
>our generation

Millenial SJWs and your fidget spinners.

>implying I didn't
>implying I ever stopped

But, user, you're a millennial.

TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT are millenial
STD is Gen Z

This ship makes my dick so hard

people hate this episode?

Great guest acting and Picard in legal proceedings and Riker chadding it up. Its a great episode

You messed up the subtitles. That's pretty embarrassing.

Also, the fact that you would make something like this is doing a pretty good job of convincing me that you're not approaching this show objectively. You were always going to force yourself to hate it. And 25 years ago you would do the same to DS9.

It's one of the maybe three or four episodes I always skip on rewatches. I don't know why exactly, I'm just never in the mood to rewatch it.

I didn't mess them up, that's how they were synced in the file, retard.

I actually sat down excitedly with snacks, even after the first two episodes. I felt like it was literally making me dumber. Seems like it successfully worked its magic on your peanut brain.

I skip Sarek in season 3 because its not comfy

Hollow Pursuits, Transfigurations, Vengeance Factor, The Price I don't watch because they are wank

Not a massive fan of Yesterdays Enterprise and Captains Holiday either.

>I didn't mess them up, that's how they were synced in the file, retard.
They were synced perfectly in mine, you must have fucked it up.

You were so zealous and eager to come on here and virtue signal about how loyal you are to Old Trek and how angry you are about New Trek that you forgot to do any quality control. Sad.

Very poor effort, D-

Why the fuck does it spin? Did they really have to make the ship a fidget spinner to appeal to kids?

Then how does that explain why Inner Light is so beloved, when it's really not even a Star Trek episode.

Are you the guy who refuses to watch STD because of the beer pong?

No, I am

Damn, you're pretty pathetic.

Stop letting hatred rule your life.

dont post here often and not even bothered with the new Star Trek yet

But I do love me some space diplomacy and legal proceedings with The Wounded easily in my top 3 favourites. I would probably not enjoy the space beer pong scene. I mean I can do that at home

. . . . What the. . what.
Fuck the Picard Maneuver then.

Do you value Polynesian fire-dancing? Your answer may determine our future friendship.

>mfw ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS is showing on TV right now
man, I forgot how comfy this episode is.

The Picard Maneuver isn't an offensive maneuver anyway.

It's meant to trick your enemy into thinking that you have another ship, and give you a 50:50 chance that they'll fire on the wrong one.

Also, it only works for enemies without faster-than-light sensors, which is pretty much nobody.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?

>shut your brain off dude lmao

No, I'm saying don't spend so much of your time on things that make you angry. Why are you making and spamming garbage .webms instead of watching something else that makes you happy?

Literally better than anything STD has shat out

All these people complaining are just mad that they can't afford a monthly streaming service.

>Do you value Polynesian fire-dancing?
false equivalency mixed in with deflection

There is nothing fun about STD. No stand-alone episodes and it's already at the season finale.Mudd doesn't count.

The astroturfing is real. It twists and morphs in on itself. I admire your tenacity but we are a different breed.

>>mfw ATTENTION BAJORAN WORKERS is showing on TV right now
Which channel?
DS9 never shows anywhere on cable

>No stand-alone episodes
Not true.
>and it's already at the season finale.
Not true, just the mid-season finale.
>Mudd doesn't count.
Oh, right, because he proves you wrong.

So what does that make the JJ Movies? Current era version of the TNG movies, a product we want to love but keep being sold garbage

You must have a real high opinion of yourself to believe that nobody could ever possibly disagree with you, and that people are only pretending to disagree with you because they're being paid for it.

>another day, another sad STD raid failed

>You must have a real high opinion of yourself to believe that nobody could ever possibly disagree with you, and that people are only pretending to disagree with you because they're being paid for it.
This tactic is used to often in the shill discussions, I'm tired of seeing it.
In fact, I think this post is a verbatim rehash from the other night.

It's an over-the-air channel Heroes and Icons. They show every trek from TNG thru ENT 6 days a week. Right after Xena that is ;)

Sorry, I meant to say TOS to ENT.

Thanks bud, checkin' it out now. *high fives* *walking away thumbs up*

Maybe you should find something new to say instead of accusing everybody you don't like of being a shill.

No, I'll repeat an apt phrase over and over until it stops being apt.

Now fuck off back to your runt cage.

The old crew is terrible.

Any Riker fat fic?

>you're tired of seeing people say "I'm not a shill"
>but you will still continue to accuse everybody of being a shill
>and you will then act surprised when they respond "I'm not a shill"
Are you actually this stupid or are you only pretending?

You've conquered every logical fallacy and are creating new ones as we speak. What do you want from us? We don't like you and yet you keep coming back.

Is she in contention for one of the worse characters ever?

Your entire argument is fallacious. Where is your evidence that anyone here is a shill?

To cute

You're in contention for 'worse' grammar.

You got me

>Anyone need these leftovers from All Good Things?
>Not now, but don't throw them out!

redditors jerk off to her so she is considered a great character

>Your entire argument is fallacious. Where is your evidence that anyone here is a shill?
I'm tired of having this same fucking conversation over and over and over again. Do we really want this thread to reach bump limit? Using all these discordant tactics, same astroturfing shit that goes on IN EVERY high pop. public forum.
A Film and Television forum NOT being shilled is the exception to the rule.
Go. The Fuck. Away.

what is this kid wearing? jeez

A windows 95 screensaver

>can't prove there are no stand-alone's
>mudd is literally part of the arc
>claims mudd is a stand-alone

So you have no evidence.

Should I start accusing you of being a shill for Fox, being paid to shit on CBS? I have no evidence, but you seem to think that everybody should be suspected by default...

What the fuck are you yammering about?

>So you have no evidence.
Hey. Nigger. How the fuck am I supposed to have concrete evidence as a non-mod on an anonymous forum?

You know this. You suck at what you do trying to weave a false narrative. You use all the same tactics every day and I will continually point it out. I'll also use even more insidious tactics against you. Leave the thread. Stop responding.

>two STD threads up
>faggot feels the need to post here
I blame DS9 fans for this

>Stardate 7324.1, we are about to begin our exploration of the Ejaculation Nebula.

Buddy, you're ruining /trek/
Post some OC, make fun of the trannyposters, grannyposters or Dukat lulsters or even go back to being a complete asshole to me for having the goddamn gaul to find enjoyment in Voyager, but JUST DO SOMETHING ELSE

user, you're creating a false narrative right now.

Do you actually believe that there are zero people on this planet who like STD and aren't shills?
Do you actually believe that there are zero people on this website who like STD and aren't shills?
Do you actually believe that there are zero people on this board who like STD and aren't shills?
Do you actually believe that there are zero people in these threads who like STD and aren't shills?
Or do you only pretend to believe that because it fits your favorite narrative?

I'm reaching out to you. Human to human. Openly, honestly, with all my heart. Please believe me: Your behavior is disruptive and downright poisonous to the thread. There are better ways to say "I don't like STD" than saying "Anybody who likes STD is a paid shill."