Image Week 3 Storytime: Chew

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

Now it's time for what I like to call the Pre-Saga era, when Image was trying to shed away their "extreme" 90's self and not many were paying attention to them. There were some break-out hits, but not as much as today.

Next up is our dish for the afternoon, John Layman and Rob Guillory's Chew

The Walking Dead:
Invincible:

Bon apetit

I love early Chew. I think it meanders a bit towards the end (there's a lot of big spreads that feel like filler even if they are fun). The ending is pretty good and the universe certainly has potential if someone wants to write a spin-off.

It has a great sense of humor. Here's hoping it does get a shot at a tv show. It could be a really fun series if it was in similar hands as iZombie.

I think they're making an animated short with Glenn from TWD as Tony.

Got the final trade a few weeks back.
Part of me doesn't want to read it cause I just know it'll be the end of the series and I'll miss it too much.

I think we should have storytime all of Chew yesterday for Valentine's Day and invited /ck/.

/ck/ is a bunch of delusional assholes, you don't want anything to do with them.

Sup Forums is love no longer

I know that feel. I haven't read the last issue yet

>Insulting our waifu

Newfags can fucking leave.

Fuck off, /ck/ is awful.