So as this movie comes closer and closer I keep wondering what does the Panther think about racism...

So as this movie comes closer and closer I keep wondering what does the Panther think about racism? I feel like he is just praised because he's black and this PC movement does not take the time to really see how great of character he really is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9HYycG0e4s
qz.com/458137/mugabe-is-asking-back-the-white-farmers-he-chased-away/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think the King of Wakanda has any moral ground to lecture anyone on discrimination.

>Diverse is just another way to say black
hue

His modern interpretation in the comics, for at least the past 15 or so years, has been White Guilt: The Character.

BP is not a fan of white people. Hell, the whole point of Wakanda was to be a civilization founded on reverse Jim Crow laws (No White People Allowed). And that goes all the way back to his Silver Age origins.

Don't they just hate everyone rather than discriminating on specific people?

I'm assuming the guy who said diverse is being sarcastic.

>This movie has a ton of black characters
>In a movie set in Africa

"Duh."

It's gonna be impossible to talk about this movie on this site

This.

It's the same way people of color is used to make it sound like all minorities agree on or are affected by a certain issue when they just mean blacks

>hella diverse
>90% of the case is black

Being black is all you need to be diverse now? Impressive.

It was NO people allowed in not just white people

Pretty sure they were just set on no outsiders regardless of race

Pretty much anywhere. The Trumptards seem to shit up every conversation about anything to do with black points of view or black issues.

>t.people who actually read comics

Just shut up already.

Even in civil war it stated the reclusive wakanda coming out or something of that matter

Why?
How to write your feelings:
1. Don't hide them, so you can have a actual opinion

2. Don't just write them down. Try to elaborate, so its just not some 5-6 word string without any meaning

3. If your opinion is bad, just accept it, and don't feel bad about it

Following rule 1 might lead to edge, but thats far better than sarcasm and denial
Following rule 2 is harder, but its far better than just writing "white knight, KYS!"
Following rule 3 is important, because its just a extension of rule 1.

I don't think Donald Trump's exostence is going to contribute to the lack of good conversation about a superhero movie.

So how did stop outsiders from getting in?

Did he build a wall?

I'm just so tired of the virtue signalling. I can't stand it. Just look at the stupid title, even: "hella diverse." I'm sure this was written by a white person.

Fucking Christ. How can you even use the word "diverse" when everyone is exactly the same and it not make your head explode from the cognitive dissonance?

Fuck it. Whatever.

A superhero movie featuring a black lead and an advanced African nation, at that.

>A cast that is all the same race is diverse
Are these people fucking retards? I remember them saying the same thing about the NBA being 90% black, and praising it for diversity.

I don't see what that has to do with Trump though, like if you're pulling the racism card, it's not even in context for the right race his supporters are "racist" against. That's just Black Panther's story, any Marvel fan would know this. Worst you'll get is some "WE WUZ" memers.

>So how did stop outsiders from getting in?Did he build a wall?

Pretty much. Except T'Challa didn't deport illegal aliens, migrants and refugees who came into Wakanda.

He executed them.

It's not racist when black people do it.

Diversity has meant "no white people" for years now, and cognitive dissonance just isn't a thing for the people who changed that definition to suit their collective agenda.

>BP is not a fan of white people
BP is not a fan of anyone not Wakanda

And even then he barley tolerates other people from Wakanda

WE

That movie will be shit because Black Pantern is just a C-List that was bumped to A-List artificially.

Tchalla is just surrounded by fucking traitor everytime. His main plot is, being the clever black who got betrayed by other no so clever black. Like every country in Africa in perpetual Civil War.

After the tenth coup, you would think he would actually be proactive and murder his entire conseil BEFORE they betray him.

He basically got no respect from his people despite all he has done.

I don't want to see a movie about a dude who got no respect from a bunch of asshole who are retrograde and will betray him at the worst moment.

And of course there is the whole PC cancer in the background but frankily, that is not the worst.

Actually, yes.

Wakanda is pretty much Trump's perfect America, complete with a big wall that keeps all refugees out, except that it's populated entirely by Africans who somehow manage to be both primitive tribals and sci-fi super-geniuses at once.

Because he is in a country of unsufferable asshole.

>the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

>In human social affairs, discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which the person or thing is perceived to belong rather than on individual merit.

They discriminate against non-Wakandans, so
>I don't think the King of Wakanda has any moral ground to lecture anyone on discrimination.
Is a correct statement

Exactly, how did the saying go

I hate people of other nations but I hate krauts who disagree with me even more? Something like that

> 90% of the cast are the same race
> This is "diverse"

The word does not mean what they think it means.

Thanks for the insight, i thought the comic was a WWK wankery.
Hope the movie won't be reduced to whatever they call "diversity celebration". But then, there are the Nu-Ghostbusters.

>there are the Nu-Ghostbusters.
Fuck off back to Sup Forums

Don't tell me Sup Forums wasn't appaled by the remake and the actual diversity being harmonically depicted in the comic and the cartoon, but being killed off by "something just because"

That piece of shit movie killed the comic?

No, but only Sup Forums puts nu in front of words. Nobody in their right mind would say Nu-Ghostbusters. You're a shitposter from Sup Forums so fuck off back there

They keep their traditional tribe rituals which has a low amount of spirituality to it combined with embracing the future. A civilization not based heavily off of religious leanings (as the world largely is), can find a way to solve its issues without the fear of offending someone or some god.

They worked on ending poverty, educating people, and working towards efficiency while blocking any way for outside forces to interfere. It's debatable to argue whether it would actually work as real people tend to be more selfish rather than selfless. Given it's roughly based on the ideals of a small African tribal community, it expands the idea of working towards the greater good of the whole where everyone plays a part in helping others while serving under a King whose main task is to lead and protect them.

When selfish needs are applied, then shit starts to go wrong. Most forget that Wakanda has 4 cults: Panther, White Gorilla, Lion, and Crocodile. Most on ever focus on Panther alone and occasionally White Gorilla for a source of conflict.

You mean Nu52 was coined by Sup Forums?

>That piece of shit movie killed the comic?

It never sold very well in the first place. Around 5-6k unites per issue.

But what's worse is that their plan to save the Ghostbusters comic and improve sales is to cancel the current ongoing (GB International) and start up a new series that crosses over with the 2016 movie cast (GB 101) while adding 2 new/original female characters to the team (previewed in Annual 2017).

They're spiraling pretty bad.

>not based on religious learnings
>it's literally based entirely on the Panther God

NowThis used to be good before it was sjw

youtube.com/watch?v=S9HYycG0e4s

So pretty much he is the African Trump.
Make Wakanda Great Again!

Well, I for one hope they go full on racist for the movie. It has to do well, it simply can not fail, because if it does we will see the same type of "attack the fans" bullshit we saw with Ghostbusters but this time they will say its "racist" to not see it. That could kill Marvel movie's momentum if they have to deal with that.

This

Where the fuck have you people been?
Blacks only=diversity has been a thing for a couple of years now.

Yes. Because no other superhero has ended up recycling pretty much the same damn story and villain setup over and over again.

>Blacks only=diversity has been a thing for a couple of years now.
Fuck you thats racist to muslums and gays

Don't cry your white tears, Argentina.

Panther god (and the other 3) with minor rituals compared to the giant religious texts like The bible, koran, and Greek/Roman mythology, Norse mythology, the insanity of shintoism. Plus the Panther god isn't ruling over every aspect of how they live their lives and function versus some American clerk who doesn't want to allow gay people to marry because the bible told her so.

I love this.

>diverse
>90% one race

WEW LAD

Someone should really make this a meme campaign

Doesn't Black Panther get his powers and rank from his god?

/thread

T'Challa never did that.

I always liked to think of T'Challa as a self-hating character. He is fully aware of how he thinks less of non-Wakandans and that for no matter how much good he brings to the world his greatest flaw will be his undying Patriotism towards a society that contains multiple flaws in its hierarchical structure. Will he give his life for the peace of Wakanda? Sure, in less than the blink of an eye, but that's really more because of how he was raised and what he believes Wakanda is capable of becoming rather than what it is now. Also it gives some nice juxtaposition between him and Captain America

>Black Pantern is just a C-List that was bumped to A-List artificially.
Isn't that how they all did it though

Sup Forums and the alt right movement will see this as a direct attack on their existence as long victimized whites and chastise it simply on the basis that anyone felt the need to make a movie about predominately Black characters in fucking Africa, of all places.

They're already throwing a fit that Netflix put up a second black audience targeted show.

Is a group of people going to try an get everyone to not watch this movie, like what happened with Rogue One?

Only if you try your hardest not to use any critic see links thinking. It's diverse in the context of other Hollywood movies.

You have to try and be dumb to get offended.

No, an herb gives him his super human level abilities which is exclusive to who is chosen to be the Black Panther.

Jesus, so he is a special snowflake nigger king who get special metal armor from his isolationist special walled kingdom and gets super power from smoking special weed.

fuck sakes, how did this get a movie?

>so he is a special snowflake nigger king who get special metal armor from his isolationist special walled kingdom and gets super power from smoking special weed.
No

>Dear White People
>black audience

It's nice seeing it all laid out like this.

Oh it'll be easy easy to give an opinion, but you must know full well that there will not be any discussion here. It'll be hundreds of posts of memes and buzzwords, with most of the people actively trying to make others angry, trolling and being trolled either sincerely or not. It'll just be shitpost after shitpost.

And of course there'll be a few rational opinions sprinkled in there, but they'll be buried under the massive amounts of shit.

What is he then?

A king of a African kingdom who was lucky enough to have a meteor with a special metal fall on his land thousands of years which his kingdom built everything upon. He gets his power from herbs that he drinks and training

Although if I recall correct he is no longer king of the kingdom, instead he is king of the dead people of the kingdom and got a power boost from the god of the dead in his culture.

Who books this shit?

>an herb gives him his super human level abilities
Of course, this will be retconned or soccer moms will think the movie is weed propaganda

Just sounds like some mary sue nigger power fantasy. Shit this garbage may ruin the run of enjoyable movies if they try and make it some sort of nigger-centric black power bullshit.

>implying any leftists approve of muslim rape

cool strawman bro

Comics, or are you going to start complaining about how Steve Rogers is
>a special snowflake white from Brookyln who get special metal shield from his isolationist special walled republic and gets super power from taking steriods
Yeah just like Capitan America was steroid propaganda.

>Steve Rogers is a special snowflake white from Brooklyn who get special metal shield from his isolationist special walled republic and gets super power from taking steroids

What would a Wakandan version of a fundie be like?

Dont hurt yourself reaching so far. I am sure some nigger prince is the same as some 70 pound weakling who was bulled as a kid. Hell, you could of said spider man and been more on point, but I guess hes a nigger now so you dont even remember the real spider man.

>Just sounds like some mary sue nigger power fantasy
Capeshit in general is just one big power fantasy.

But it's okay when white people do it.

T challa is hardly flawless,he detests his actions an traditions half the time and drove away his love interest in Sue and Ororo because he valued his culture over his own life and others.Hes about as much a Mary Sue as Doom or namor

Yeah, Black Panther's one big arc is I WANT TO HELP THE OUTSIDE WORLD. OH NO SOMEONE TRIED TO OVERTHROW ME/WAKANDA FELL APART.

He's like Doom if Doom was black and boring.

>Dont hurt yourself reaching so far
I'm just following in your example Senapi

wasn't their a comic page that so all the black heroes together and saying their family? even when some of them never meet each other.

>drove away his love interest in Sue and Ororo because he valued his culture over his own life and others
What

The former is already married and he divorced the later because of Namor drowning his kingdom

.......it is different then what is usually portrayed, so it DIVERSES.

Sorry if Africans being black offends you.....

>What would a Wakandan version of a fundie be like?

WAKANDA STRONK

WHITE PIGGU OUT

THINGS WERE GOOD BEFORE WE LET THOSE PEOPLE IN.

White Gorilla Cult is the closest. Ancient hunter/warrior tribe before the Panther cult took a hold of everything which now holds most of the population. They made a comeback with M'Baku to try and seize the throne.

It is boring because he is the only sane dude in an entire racist asylum.

To write it simply, he is the black who prevent to other black of his country to run it into the ground because they are dumb/greddy/religious.

The ways I see it, Wakanda is like the Zimbabwe. Without Tchala it will "derviate into religious shit" and fail.
qz.com/458137/mugabe-is-asking-back-the-white-farmers-he-chased-away/

>comparing super science to dudeweedlmao
lol

>90% of a cast is one race
>"Hella diverse"
Poor choice of words.

as opposed to WHITE GODS FROM SPACE SUPERIOR SMART MAN IN IRON ARMOR WE SO SPECIAL

because thats normal. When other people do it, its dumb.

They just wish they wuz kings like us

Most black men hate the Dear White People movie

just search up black forums

Nah it will probably not be good, a 'futuristic african society' seems just too impossible.

>Comparing LOLSCIENCE to the power of nature
Did you watch Civil war?

>Uh it's diverse! There's like a caramel colored guy, a charcoal looking dude, some kind of half mix woman, a purple man...

Well firstly it makes sense that the majority of the cast is black because Black Panther is from Africa, so I'm kind of rolling my eyes at the whole 'omg the cast is so DIVERSE' thing. If anything the cast of BP is NOT diverse because it's 90% black. Where are all the Asians and Europeans?????

Secondly a Wakandan has no moral high ground on the subject of discrimination and needs to shut the fuck up.

It's pretty easy to phrase in a way that doesn't make it sound like a pot joke.

The comic just ended for no reason given. It didn't do great numbers, but it wasn't awful for IDW.

It was later relaunched as Ghostbusters International, but now that's getting shut down i favour of new shitty movie synergy.

Shit's pretty bad. I've been pulling IDW's GB comics since day one, and my interest in it was killed fucking dead by this.

Most of them already act like that.