Latin American charcters

>Latin American charcters
>Randomly drops common spanish words in every sentence

Am I the only one who hates this trope. Also IIRC he failed spanish in the comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwlvMiDH5NM
youtube.com/watch?v=UV4qtaaEbc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does it upset you, ese? It makes you mad, cabrón? Get a grip, chico.

Quedate salty, gringito

Stop making this thread

yeah i hate it too OP

sure triggered drumpft

You need to go back.

I want to see more Latino characters who can't speak a word of Spanish. Just because you're a Latino, it doesn't automatically mean you know Spanish.

(Seriously, look up "Latinos who can't speak Spanish")

>este tema de nuevo

You already made this thread with the same picture.

yeah its annoying, but its the only way bad writers have to give hispanics something that identifies them from whites

>Latin American poster
>randomly drops common spanish words in every sentence
OP es puto.

Does Reaper from Overwatch count?

>be greek american
>parents speak greek to me, I speak english back
>sometimes i randomly say greek words
it happens you uncultured faggot

>Also IIRC he failed spanish in the comics.

Surprisingly, at least in my experience, this isn't unheard of among native Spanish speakers

*Marica

So is blue beetle getting deported?

Face it gringo, it's how every latino hablos burrito

If said character is Latino and can't speak Spanish, yes.

Oh please, a sizeable proportion of American Latinos can't even even speak Spanish.

I agree, amigo. Every time I see that shit I'm like "Aye caramba."

Why are you upset, Taco?

but what if hes wearing a mask?

I hope you're joking. I don't even have as many where I'm from in Michigan and all of them speak fucking spanish

>Seriously, look up "Chileans"
fixed weon

Look at this pinche squat, all sore cuz we glassed his fuckin well.

Chicanos are a mistake. People in other countries know more than 3 languages and they don't mix them up while talking because they know well enough both of them, and if they don't know a word they try to use another/an example. It's frustrating to talk to them because you are not quite sure in what language to respond to them.
And they also have the balls to correct your English when in Mexico.

I pronounce business how ever I want, negro. Next you'll be telling me it's not beisbol.

**Maricón

>The Muslims speak Arabic
>The Chinese speak their native tongues
>Can't speak French for shit despite being my people's language
Feels black man.

Tu es obviously not latino, or else you would hablo Spanish taco chalupa
hon hon hon

>characters only speak in their foreign language
>no subtitles automatically appear whenever they speak

Typically it's Third-Generation Latinos that can't speak Spanish.

>all latin characters are mexican
>they all like soccer

Maybe the Latin American character is peppering his speech with Spanish to hide the fact that he doesn't actually know the language.

Soccer Sam intensifies

Hispanic isn't a race you dumbfuck

Any race could be hispanic, including white

I'm sick of all the hispanics in shows being brown indio aztec rape babies

When are we gonna see some White Hispanics like the spanish?

He is Texan, from El Paso.

In Trump's America you need to pass the paperbag test to not be deported. Get with the times user.

But we like *futbol

Are you really surprised? The Big 2 are dominated by non-white dudes who have no fucking clue what non-whites are actually like.

Remember how Claremont would insert gibberish German and Russian for Nightcrawler and Colossus? Comic fans aren't interested in cultural nuances, they just want to be entertained with flashy costumes and powers. Nobody gives a fuck about accurately depicting a non-white character as an actual person.

Remember the Great Ten and the female member that gave birth to supersoldiers? Or how about that Muslim mutant on X-Men whose powers are sand-related.

We're lucky that Jaime Reyes even got this far as a legacy Blue Beetle and a popular character.

It isn't that far of the truth, actually.

What really bothers me is when they mess up with the pronuntiation.

>latin "american" alien
>rapes white boy until he likes it

Yes Reaper is latino and if you buy his legacy skin that make him look younger he sometimes speak in spanish, real latin american spanish not some broken chicano bullshit

>Every latino is a trash that dosen't know how to speak spanish

Thanks, Maricon

Tranquilo España, que es tu culpa que seamos asi.

Honestly it bothers me more that they portray every latino as a brown manlet, because apparently people in the US mistakenly believe that latino or hispanic is a race in the US and everyone looks the same. I say mistakenly because in the government page it literally says:
a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean persons of Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin including those of Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican Republic, Spanish, and Central or South American origin living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic group (white, black, Asian, etc.);

It's not like I have anything against brown people or manlets, the thing is that it's just fucking wrong that they keep making it as if everyone in latin america looks the same, seriously in some coutnries we have a lot of black people, in some others we have a lot of natives or mestizos that look like natives and there's countries that have little of both and an overall of white people.

It's the same Japanese do when they potray burgers in manga or anime, it's ALWAYS the same obnoxious blue eyed blonde faggot when we all know in the US not everyone looks like that. The united states itself is actually less white than Chile to say an example, a country we often joke about being "indios" here(i'm from Uruguay).

There's another thing, they always make it as if "latinos" dance salsa and other caribbean stuff, we don't do that here in the south, I mean unless it's the north of brazil that's near caribbean countries not even fucking Brazilians are into salsa.

>latin character
>speaks broken english pulled out of google

is their budget so limited that they can hire an intern to translate a couple of lines?

Don't forget people lumping in Surinamese and Brazilians with Spanish-speaking Latinos.

>It's the same Japanese do when they potray burgers in manga or anime, it's ALWAYS the same obnoxious blue eyed blonde faggot when we all know in the US not everyone looks like that.
Blonde hair and blue eyes is so exotic and out-of-place for a monotonous people like Asians that no shit they're gonna depict someone like that.

How many generations ago did "your people" move?

Kyle Rayner is a white hispanic.

Well, technically he's half and is only in touch with his Irish mom's side, but people always fucking insist on bringing him up in threads about latino characters like he's so important to the subject.

My dad is a native speaker.

They did this in mosaic right? "una loca caliente"

>Don't forget people lumping in Surinamese and Brazilians with Spanish-speaking Latinos.
To be honest they're not wrong in a way. The actually meaning of Latino is someone who speaks a tongue derived from latin, so in it's actual meaning latino means italians, frogs, spaniards or portuguese are all "latinos".

The problem is when people that don't know the meaning of it and think latino just means someone that speaks spanish or whatever

I like this. This is good.

It worked with Mas y Menos because they don't really matter to the plot of anything they're in, you could tell the same story if they were mute.

But you can't ever do that with a character whose dialogue is important to the narrative.

>>Randomly drops common spanish words in every sentence
I only have issue with the random part. It's not unusual to drop words from a language you're used to in another, but they are not random.
Both insults and affectionate words are a classic, but from my experience it's mostly culinary terms. Sometime, foreign words are used as nuances too.

Ne te culpabilise pas, user.

Just make them super catholic or have an overbearing fat mother who slaps them with her sandals.

>it's ALWAYS the same obnoxious blue eyed blonde faggot

even when they aren't white, even.

Eh. According to Wikipedia Chile is around 60% white -though no exact number because no nation besides Murica cares about race so much- So it's like the US. I really do feel like most 'Latin Americans' do similar looks.

Of course Central/South America is more diverse than Americas think, there are Chinese communities in Mexico, German villages in Chile, Japanese heritage in Brazil, but since they focus more in American characters the will usually make the 'X-American' a first generation immigrant, usually from more humble parents, so it makes sense it wouldn't be the whitest Puerto Rican or Mexican.

I'd appreciate more actual foreign characters than half-something Americans, but that's just my preference to the international cast trope.

I'm white as fuck and I sometimes say things in spanish. I just like the language.

I don't know about that user, only rich people are "white-ish" in chile user, and very few of them are like "culturally white".

>culturally white

Literally a meme, go back to Sup Forums.

If latino characters don't speak spanish at all then they are just white people with the occasional tan-- which defeats the purpose of their token inclusion to begin with.
deal with it.

that's how you can tell if Jaime is being written well or not

I'm one of those latinos

youtube.com/watch?v=jwlvMiDH5NM

Check this video. This is why you shouldn't care about retards that call themselves "latinos" in the US, they're not, they're just trash that went to your country and nobody here likes.

Well of course it's not, don't you anglos fail in grammar classes or something? Spanish has a lot of shit that you need to learn, it's not only about speaking it, analyzing texts/books and all that is quite the pain in the ass.

Holy fuck a doppelganger

Super common from my own experiences. They speak the language, but haven't had to engage in rigorous grammatical exercises at any point. Likewise, depending on how isolated they are, they may actually know pidgin versions of some words or phrases.

There is also a strong tendency for native speakers to not put forward much effort in the day-to-day classwork since they expect to ace the final test or assignment. Which means a slight mistake on that lands them in the D to F range.

You see this with people who take summer courses too. They are familiar with the basics, so they skimp on the smaller assignments.

Then make it into one.

But how else would we find out they're hispanic?

Good writing, character development, story arcs, or subtle implications? Nah.

Taco Taco, churro, pinata, cinco de mayo, "hola"

The medieval spanish in this pic is on-fucking-point

Callate conchetumare perro culiao

I was actually going to include how I'm not any better at the parts of a sentence or the like from English classes. I can see how they fail it, but I just found it interesting

The whole Spanglish thing only makes sense is when it's between family members talking to each other mainly with our parents/grandparents the younger generation tend to speak english only to each other. We don't randomly drop spanish words when talking to other people in english too, so yeah this trope always annoyed me.

It's "gringuito". Read a book, negro.

I have an aunt that thinks it's a normal thing but then again she's the crazy/ghetto one in the family.

But portuguese is the ugliest language in the world.

his spanish was bad in the show too
it's particularly amusing because A) Greg is a huge SJW and B) this is the show that yet again re-adapted the superfriends as much better characters, yet they were guilty of something superfriends was infamous for, that whole weird peppered language thing

yeah but I bet it's not words like 'yes' and 'no' that you learned in english really early
i bet it's more like.. words for shit you say a lot less often, that you heard in greek a lot more

The peppered language is an easy to convey sense of "other" about the person.

Well... I do hate chicanos. And America Chavez is a cunt.

Esto.

She isn't actually one. She hails from a pocket dimension.

He isn't Latinamerican, he is Mexican American, he wasn't born in latinamerica.

So what? Most Americans can't even speak English.

El gaucho already exists.

Lesbian Utopia of cunts!

Even worse than Themyscira.

You are a dumbass, Chile and Costa Rica are the only countries with no absolute white majorities in latinamerica that are culturally criollo. Uruguay and Argentina being the two criollo countries with absolute majorities

Because they don't rape men to survive?

Exactly! Femdom is kinda hot!
No men? Puaj. How am i supposed to jerk to that?

Only they do do that, all the fucking time.

What the hell are you talkinv about?

S'funny, Hispanics do talk like that. Most of the ones I knew in DC/NOVA anyway.

I swear to god i saw this same exact thread a couple weeks ago, either this is the same one and the mods just don't give a shit or someone hates this trope so much they posted it twice

Also here's some autism

Weisman didn't give a fuck just look at the way Bane talked in Young Justice, it's like they had Danny Trejo (who has admitted he doesn't know Spanish fluently but hey he admitted it) read from a babelfish translator.

youtube.com/watch?v=UV4qtaaEbc0

As for Jaime it's jarring because in Jaime's own comic and in every other interpretation of the character he speaks English without dropping random Spanish words in every sentence and when he speaks in Spanish he does it well and fluently without dropping random words in English.

Spanglish is usually done by Puerto Ricans, preppy Latin American rich kids who want to be American, Chicanos, and gangbanger latinos who have a need to shout out to everyone else that they're latinos. The rest of Latin America hates it especially since it's a sign that you cannot master either language.

That guy looks like my cousin, i'm kinda like him too, but more chubby, but i'm not really rich, my family has a house, we can afford 2 cars, i'm going to college, i go outside the country for my vacation, but pretty standar

I fucking hate it too. I grew up on the border and this shit just stands out as sooo fucking fake to me.

>Turkish-American character
>doesn't drop any Turkish words in his dialogue
>doesn't make any references to Turkish culture
>the fact that he's Turkish is never even mentioned

If only they could make the same for us

>pretty standard
I don't think so, I would say that the standard is not going very far from home, to a beach or something.
I went to the south of Chile hitchhiking though, it was pretty awesome.

My main issue if what is people that speak multiple languages don't do that kind of shit.