Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çatalhöyük
youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Emperor_of_Mankind
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was (is)proto persian-armenian right?

Idris Elba

the girl from Stranger Things

He was born here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çatalhöyük

I will.

He looks so much like Kelsey Grammer

>all those household names
Yeah, because a 40K movie with a budget of two billion dollars is totally in the cards.

Idris Elba

>Why do they hate aliens??
>Why don't they have AI??
>Why is everyone white??
I don't really think 40k would translate well to a mass audience.

It could work as a TV shot. HBO was able to get the average person to care about GOT. How much of that audience do you think cared about GOT beforehand?

Put Steve Buscemi as Konrad

>watch Ed Wood biopic
>SJP is in it
>"Do I really have a face of a horse?"
>kek

There's only one option.

It’s not hard to make aliens in 40k look evil, most are. Give a 10 minute universe intro that shows how the robots got out of control and how they’re not allowed anymore. The race thing could either be changed or they could just deal with it like GoT does, by not addressing it.

One of my issues is showing the Machine Cult. I’ve been reading the books for over a decade and I still don’t understand those weirdos.

They aren't all white though, some token minority characters already exist for them to use. That black librarian that I can't remember the name of for example.

Ian McShane

everyone in 40k is evil, that's the entire point

>the budget for those actors is impossible for a movie
>but it could work with a television show
think over this very hard, user

>Why do they hate aliens??
Because humans are great and everyone else are dicks.

>Why don't they have AI??
They had it once. It didn't work out. Now the Imperium's tech is mostly just salvaged and decrepit.

>Why is everyone white??
It depends from which world they recruit members. There are entire IG jungle regiments populated by mostly non-whites. Also a full on mongol SM chapter. There are also black sisters, inquisitors and ecclesiarchs here and there. Also black SMs. The Emperor himself isn't technically white either. Race was never really relevant in the fluff. Humanity is far more focused on exterminating the xenos.

Donald Trump

The only way a theoretical 40k movie or tv show would work for mass audiences is to focus on an Imperial Guardsman. A very lucky one to say the least.
>Most human
>Gives an insight into the imperium
>Gets us into the large battles that take place across the universe
>Gives a proper perspective to Space Marines and how powerful they really are.

People keep saying this but it still remains a shitty idea.

Wow Horus, what a great story.

That's true, even if you focus on Guardsmen, you gotta find a way how in 10 Thousand years after the Horus Heresy how the Imperium bastardized the Emperor's word. Then from there you would have explain the Horus Heresy. Then from there you would have to explain Chaos and the Imperium pre heresy...

What about a mock documentary about the state of the galaxy from some source that would know the Imperium and the galaxy pre AND post heresy.

I DID NOT TELEPORT ANGRON AWAY FROM HIS GLADITORIAL VICTORY
IT'S BULLSHIT
I DID NAAAAHHHHT
Oh hi Mortarion

40k would only really work as an animated series. In fact i'm surprised it hasn't been adapted yet.

Also Space Wolves is best chapter, Dark Angel traitors and Magnuscucks get out

Just throw them in on a planet that the nids are attacking don't explain anything

That's not the Salamanders or Sons of malice

NO ORKZ, NO BUY!

The emperor of Mankind looks Kurdish orArmenian, hes clearly not European.

Black templars are the best

Friendly reminder that Alpha Legion are loyal and are just playing a long-con

>Mysterious backstory
>Unclear motivations
>Immortal

It makes sense

A Song of Ice and Fire doesn't have the scope the WH40K setting does. Even if you limited yourself to the Horus heresy you still have ridiculously large armies, space battles, etc.

I always saw the character design as suggesting a native american actor

What part of the lore would you think ((((they)))) would fuck up?

I'll place my bets that they'll have female Space Marines and ignore the Sisters of Battle.

too short to play emprah

He's DB Cooper, mystery solved

>animated series. In fact i'm surprised it hasn't been adapted yet

GW needs to pay this guy and make it official.

HELSREACH - Part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg

Don't forget Lord Inquisitor
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

eldar is only woman
like alien lesbians

>What part of the lore would you think ((((they)))) would fuck up

Black wash everything. We wuz da god empress n sheeiit.

>Imperial Guardsman

He should be recruited from a feral world that knows nothing of the galaxy. The audience will learn about the Imperium as he does.

I know it's impossible but it'd still be good

>ironically using (((())))

You realize the actual original creator of 40k lore Rick Priestly was Jewish right?

>Trump

I think he basically was a hittite

Machine cult is a reference to assimov's "foundation" series of books.
Bascially, in a post apocaliptic society, where people has lost most knowledge, some scientists start the "religion of science", and they control tech for the masses while holding the knowledge back for themselves. The "priests" work the tech but only on a practical level, with a lot of show and ritual for the masses. They dont know the theory. Only a handful keep the theory.

Yiff my fellow puppy!

Yes

>he Emperor was born to mortal parents on Terra in the 8th Millennium BC[3a] in a primitive proto-Hittite village along the banks of the Sakarya River, manifesting his powers as a youth. While a young adolescent, the Emperor's father was murdered by his uncle. While preparing his fathers body for a primitive funeral ritual, he received a vision of his murder. Later, the boy who would become the Emperor calmly approached his uncle and stopped his heart with his psychic abilities, displaying neither sorrow or malice. According to the Emperor himself, this was the moment he realized that humanity needed law, order, and the guidance of a ruler. Shortly after, he left his village for the first city of humanity (likely ancient Sumeria)

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Emperor_of_Mankind

Tbh kurds and armenians are brown as fuck if anything he would be a georgian or something.
They have that black hair white skin combo a lot.

His appearance is irrelevant anyway. The Emperor is a gestalt mass of psychic energy that can take any form he wants. The "Golden God" form is by his own admission just one he takes to inspire regular humans

He's a neolithic-era caveman basically, he predates any modern ethnic group

In real terms they'll just get Andy Serkis in a mo-cap suit to do it all. Plus gives a shit about space marines and Chaos shit? Imperial Guard vs Orc/Tyranids will at least give the normies something to chew on.

Yes and Warhammer 40k was originally a bland parody of fascism and just an excuse to sell toys for a tabletop rpg, then eventually because MUH GRIM DARKNESS different authors began experimenting with the world of 40k that was obviously inspired a lot by Heinlein

>Yes and Warhammer 40k was originally a bland parody of fascism

No, it was a satirical parody of utopian sci-fi that was all the rage at the time it came out.

The Imperium isn't really Fascist, it's a theocracy

They biggest reason 30k wouldn't work as a movie is (imo) the amount of world building required. Sure you could do it star wars style and just not explain anything beyond what is required for the story itself. But aspie fans would never accept it.

Priestly was around when the setting became unironic (3rd edition) and wrote the backstories for all the primarchs in 2001 and what have you. He only left GW somewhat recently, abou 2010

this is true but an autist can dream

any 40k movie will require a lot of worldbuilding just to get the basic flavor down, which modern audiences hate.

You basically NEED to make it about Horus Heresy as a primer so your audience has any idea where Warhammer 40k comes from. Really, you might as well sidestep the entire matter by not making it 40k at all but merely following events during 30k and Horus Heresy. Only problem is we're talking outlandish budgets for something totally unsafe and unknown to most of the audience.

just make it about Yarrick, then you'll get to see pretty much everything of note.

I don't know. Horus Heresy novels don't really waste a lot of time on "as you know" narrative dumps. I imagine a visual medium would have an even easier time getting some points across.

It's a reactionary and anti-democratic state lead by the military. It also features
>Eugenics
>Extreme autarky because fuck trading with aliens lol
>extreme meritocracy
>Pushing for aristocratic ideals in citizens
All of which are key components in fascism.

>The Imperium isn't really Fascist, it's a theocracy

One does not exclude the other, though. Clerical fascism is a thing in real life. Not to put my fedora on or anything but it's clear worship of the God Emperor is a tool to get humanity united under something.

There is AI though, just not self aware AI (well there is, we know some radical elements of the mechanicus have access to it/use it).

Also no reason why you cant have different ethnicities. Rank and file can be all colors. As for the primarchs, well easy to match the legion's origin/culture to a non white face. Theyre mostly based on different earth cultures anyway. Hell, just re-retcon vulkan back to a black dude instead. Or even better, a black dude with the condition that turns the salamanders jet black.

I mean look at the original star wars movie. There's tonnes of weird shit without any explanation or particular world building. As long as you are ok with a multi movie setup it kinda works. Biggest issue then becomes what particular plotline to follow. 30k doesn't really have any good storylines that function as a movie. One of the better ones would be the dark angels storyline (descent of angels) since it follows a dude from fish out of water perspective on the 30k universe at large.

>wrote the backstories for all the primarchs in 2001 and what have you
Wat , I thought he only focused on the game itself. Sauce?

I don't think Mechanicum really thinks it's a show. Maybe the top most higher ups who have a greater grasp on technology finer points, but revering the Machine Spirit is very real.

>implying if any movie is going to be mad, it's not going to be about the origin stories of papa Smurf
OP plz

It shouldn't be adapted. It's too British. Americans are too stupid to realise it's left wing Brit parody from the 1980s. In the same way they don't get Judge Dredd and that he's parodying 80s style tough guys like Dirty Harry & Rambo. They'll either take it too seriously and miss the point or make it super camp and miss the point. It's black comedy and too British. Look at the retards bringing race and Jewish people into the discussion already when those things are moot issues in the setting..

>Ultramarines

>dat feel when he Girlyman made new and improved Space Marines

So basically, biggest game changer in 10k years?

tbf, a large part of the existing fandom already takes the 40k IP way too seriously.

Because it is serious nowadays. Sure, it started out by being a parody, but I don't think that ever diminished from what it was at face value. Minus the fact Orks were straight up football hooligans.

Emperors place of birth has nothing to do with anything. He has no race or ethnicity, he is motherfucking Emperor.

>>Why is everyone white??

You're lucky Vulkan and Salamanders are too nice.

super long animated series starting at the end of the age of technology. the intro ends where it all goes to shit. then open at the end of the unification of terra and go all the way until current 40k. (this will never happen)

I think you need to show the Golden Age of Mankind to make people understand just how far mankind has fallen morally and technologically.

idk why this made me laugh so hard

Well he was born a hittite (or spawned perhaps), but yes that doesnt really matter as he can change form to whatever suits him. So they could even cast idris elba to play him. But honestly, best to show him in a blinding light, makeing it impossible to discern any features.

He was created in a lab by a joint human/Eldar research team toward the end of the Dark Age of Technology. Assertions to the contrary are Imperial propaganda to discredit pre-existing religions.

>>Why is everyone white??

Pic related is best story line and introduction to the universe

I wonder if the emperor ever posed as a girl

whoops

>Judge Dredd and 40k are just British versions of black humor that Americans can't understand
Just because something has comical and satirical elements to it, does not make it completely comical. Dystopia =/= comedy in every instance, saying that 40k and Dredd is *just* gallows humor is like saying a Clockwork Orange is meant to be humorous 100% of the time.

40k lore is a mixed bag of humor, grotesque sadism, and ultra violence.

>Orcs were straight up football hooligans
I mean in Tolkien they talked with a Cockney accent and behaved like the lower rungs of the British working class in their overall mannerisms

He did. He also pretended to be a God and let a guy establish a religion about him just so he could, 50 years later, appear and go 'lol I was the god after all, your religion is a lie, SUPER ATHEIST WINS AGAIN'.

Dredd is semi-related to 40k since GW produced models.

T. Elf

Go murder fuck another demon god into existence pl0z

>Dude, materialism is the the only rational way to perceive the world in a world where I use the Warp, a form of energy that can defy the laws of physics at the will of those strong enough to wield it, because uhh...
>Fuck you Magnus and Lorgar
Was it autism?

Literally /our guy/, i bet the big E is shitposting on Sup Forums as we speak

what is the imperium of man tax policy?

>tfw no GoT style budget for the Horus Heresy

>Hey, look at dad over there, that trained technician using that laser
>Yeah that's pretty cool
>Why can't we use the laser?
>Yeah! Good point? Why can't we use the very dangerous laser without any knowledge, training or understanding on how it works
>Hey, dad, let me use that laser
>No, fuck off, it's dangerous, concentrate on my orders
>FUCKING DAD REEE FUCK YOU I WANNA USE THE FUCKING LASER YOU STUPID FUCKING HYPOCRITE
>Hey, I'm the laser, I can talk, you're right, fuck your dad, you deserve to use me, kill him lol

HMMM.

>No GoT style Warhammer Fantasy...
I guess this is close enough

>wanting Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies: The Setting
No thanks. WHFB doesn't work unless it's an Alt-reality. 40k can work cause it never ended.

Everybady betray me
I'm fed up with this worl
*sits on throne*

>casting somebody as Alpharius
Nigga would always be wearing his helmet and sit in a dim lit room shot from the back. Except for the spooky mystery scenes where he is disguised as somebody else.