Injustice 2: Cheetah Grils Edition

Injustice 2 Thread

Swamp Thing, Catwoman, Cheetah and the Slaughter Swamp and Gorilla City stages were all confirmed yesterday and Black Canary was recently added to the beta which is ending soon.

Also, the mobile version of the game had a soft launch overseas. Videos of the mobile game have now shown us Green Lantern, Cyborg and Scarecrow (seemingly seen through the effects of fear gas).

Swamp Thing Reveal Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=WKZNHiva7dc&feature=youtu.be

Black Canary, Catwoman, Cheetah and Poison Ivy Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=9DExgqV3tj0&feature=youtu.be

Mobile Game Character Model Footage: youtube.com/watch?v=k2BMfPVgUeM

Pastebin: pastebin.com/V5wVHSY2

Next new reveal is coming next week on the 23rd.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/02/15/injustice-2-why-i-love-swamp-thing-so-much-a-ign-first
youtube.com/watch?v=7rO9-2N7wDk
youtube.com/watch?v=NHY5LiQAQRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st

>That hairstyle on Ivy

Just following the DCEU style

New Injustice thread? Time for

CHEETAH ASS
H
E
E
T
A
H

A
S
S

I've never gone from holy shit hype to disappointment as fast as I did upon seeing Scarecrows design for this game. He looks like grunt differ for a zombie game

I'd wait until seeing the actual console model/gear options before making final judgment

How many character slots are left?

None.

9 DLC plus maybe more if it sells well.

As many as you want, bbygrl.

Pretty sure they're asking how many unconfirmed character slots are left.

That's still none.
Every slot is accounted for.

Beware Brainiac's FLOATING DISCO BALL ATTACK!

The only thing with any reasonable doubt left is whether Freeze is a skin, but given that him being a skin makes the select screen fit with the right number of characters I'd say it's 95% likely.

Needs to be FAR bigger.

Why is Catwoman so ugly?

1. Fear construct from Scarecrow gassing his opponent at the start of the match
2. Zombie Rot avatar ala Anton Arcane

How many of the DLC characters do you think will be characters from the last game that were cut?

Considering all of those look like hot garbage and everyone in the mobile looks the same as they do in the console I don't have much hope.

I think he's asking how many reveals are left

>tfw Freeze is gonna be the skin and not Cold because Bats has enough characters already

I want to see a prominent Mr. Freeze in the story. He'd have an interesting angle considering how the loss of Nora affects his morality.

In terms of official reveals? They still have nine characters to show including the ones we found out about in the mobile game.

1. Green Lantern
2. Firestorm
3. Dr. Fate
4. Cyborg
5. Green Arrow
6. Captain Cold
7. Joker
8. Scarecrow
9. Black Adam

Also they've yet to reveal the Mr. Freeze skin but that's not gonna happen until after Cold is shown.

Deathstroke is the most likely, for he is the most demanded.

Sinestro and Shazam have their chances, Luthor is unlikely but can happen.

1 or 2 at most if they get enough fan support. For MKX the only character we got back from MK9 as DLC was technically Tri-Borg though he was a weird amalgam of four separate characters. I suspect some will be premier skins like Shazam or Sinestro. Lex I could see coming back.

>Deathstroke is the most likely, for he is the most demanded.

Please no. Such a boring ass character and we have Deadshot for Shooty McBangBang slot.

So many better options. So many better returning characters we could have.

I don't know about Deathstroke. With Deadshot, Robin and the likely future inclusion of Red Hood he wouldn't really be necessary.

I'd love several but I'm saying 1 or 2 at most. Probably Deathstroke to tie in with the Batman film (if that's still happening) and because he was very popular in the first game.

I would take Freeze over all of the new Batman characters, and Catwoman. Especially Catwoman.

I'm surprised they took Deathstroke out in the first place.

>I'm surprised they took Deathstroke out in the first place.

They probably wouldn't have if they didn't have to put in Deadshot because of the SS movie.

Frankly Im ok if none of the DLC characters are returning, cut fighters from Injustice 1. Unless they get a moveset overhaul or something, Im all for new faces

>necessary
We have 8 Batman characters. We have both Ivy and Swamp Thing. Necessity means jack shit.

But they are different. Deathstroke is the "I'm so badass, I don't even need to use my guns to kill you" while Deadshot is the "Of course I use gun. I'm not an idiot" guy.

I'm not happy they took out Slade but I am happy they added Deadshot. Never saw the movie but I loved the old SS comics.

They're both mercs who wear masks. This game is made for an audience who can't tell the difference beyond that.

How do normies end up with such shit taste? Why are Red Hood and Deathstroke, gadget using "heroes" we've seen a hundred times, the most popular requests and not characters like J'onn, Plas, Beast Boy, Booster Gold, Etrigan, Zatanna.

But no we're gonna get Sub-Zero, Deathstroke and Red Hood.

Certainly gives me an excuse to keep the first game around.

Yeah eight Batman characters who for the most part all have different powers and weapons. We already have a sword guy with Robin, a guy focused on guns with Deadshot, Joker and Harley also have guns plus Red Hood is likely coming later on. How many fucking shootbang guys do we need? And if they're bring back characters from the first game there are so many other more unique and more important choices that have been left out.

>In the hours I got to play Injustice 2 during my visit to NetherRealm Studios in Chicago, I could barely pull myself away from ol’ Swampy. The way he plays lines up so well with how he's been portrayed in the comics (here's a great Swamp Thing primer if you're unfamiliar), and his toolset is full of unorthodox moves that come together to form a play style that’s anything but typical. If I had to boil it down I’d say he’s a hybrid zoner/grappler that’s best played reactively, but can become aggressive under the right circumstances. Surface similarities to Injustice 1’s Solomon Grundy are completely superficial; I’ve never really played a character quite like Swamp Thing in a fighting game.

>His unique feel doesn’t come from a single move, or a radical central concept either. It stems from subtleties that change how familiar move archetypes are applied. A simple example is his projectile attack, Log Kick. Just like it sounds, he kicks a log across the screen towards his opponent, but this is no Hadouken.

>Log kick travels at an odd velocity: it starts out fast, but decelerates as it travels further, until it comes to a stop and falls off into the foreground. It can’t travel the full length of the screen, but the way it loses speed creates the impression that it will stop a lot shorter than it does. It also hits low and causes a knockdown as well, making it highly disruptive to players who want to stand at long range and just blast away at you.

>Bio Fission is another way the lumbering guardian of Mother Earth can keep long-range zoners honest. He creates a clone of himself that appear behind his opponent to strike at them. Unlike Supergirl’s teleportation move, Bio Fission is relatively slow, and doesn’t actually reposition you when you use it. The only exception is if you meter-burn it and connect with it, in which case you score a knockdown, and replace your clone. Neat.

Do we know if Deadshot is black underneath yet?

Still upset SS ruined one of my favorites.

Fingers look white.

>Projectiles and teleport-style attacks are staples of NRS games, but neither Log Kick or Bio Fission is of the “do it until your opponent figures it out” variety. They aren’t powerful, safe tools to impose your will with; they have specific use cases for punishing the types of tactics that are typically very strong against big, slow, grappler types, which makes them feel more thoughtful and rewarding to use.

>At the end of the day though, Swamp Thing is still a grappler, but unlike others of his kind, he need not rely on getting up in his opponent’s face. His Vine Grab has three variations, the farthest-reaching of which can snag a standing opponent from one step shy of full screen. This nets you a nice chunk of damage, especially if you choose to meter-burn it, and it can even be directed upward to act as an anti-air from about half screen.

>This is pretty game-changing for a grappler. Swampy doesn’t need to take insane risks to threaten with his signature grab like, say, Zangief has to in order to land a Spinning Piledriver. Not only that, but the presence of an anti-air version means that the usual method for escaping command grabs (jumping) doesn’t save you from it either.

>So he doesn’t need to be in your face to give you a big, mossy hug, but if he is, he has another grab to use altogether. Green Thumb is relatively quick, and has three possible follow ups.

>One deals maximum damage and leaves your target in front of you, another sacrifices a little damage for a side switch (great for putting opponents into the corner), and the third does the least damage but leaves the opponent standing. The last one is the most interesting, since it allows you to avoid having to deal with an invincible wake-up move.

>How many fucking shootbang guys do we need?
I dunno user, how many guys who punch and kick do we need?

>that head

is this photoshopped?
Lol people will defend this, what the fuck

>These options are all available for the meter-burned version as well, which actually heals Swamp Thing before you execute a follow-up. Green Thumb is fast enough to tick into, like after your opponent blocks a crouching light attack, making it a versatile command grab that allows you to heal and create situations as opposed to inflicting maximum damage.

>As you begin to put all the pieces together, you realize that there’s no range at which you can totally ignore Swamp Thing’s options, which is a crazy notion to consider for a grappler. The guessing game that grapplers usually play is being played across almost the entire level, so despite his combo potential being relatively low, he continually rewards defensive players who can make good reads. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a grappler like him, and it’s this outside-the-box approach to character design that really sets Injustice 2 apart from its contemporaries.

ign.com/articles/2017/02/15/injustice-2-why-i-love-swamp-thing-so-much-a-ign-first

So hype that Swampy is getting love in anything at all these days. And being a grappler, my playstyle of choice, is like a direct apology from Boon for dumping my old main Grundy.

Goddammit the game is still three months away, stop making me this excited for Swamp Thing.

Sorry bro, I know it's just not your style.

Don't make Red Hood a premier skin for Deadshot

Make him a skin for the Gorilla and have him be Jason Grodd

>Long range grappler with heals

I honestly think zero. There's just so much more demand for characters that have never gotten in and NRS is at least going to put in 2 if not three guest characters.

Did WB force them to add Damien or does he actually have fans? I've always heard everybody talk about how terrible he is.

pedophiles and fujoshit like him

just check the Supersons storytime to see it

Friendly remembly not to buy the $99 Ultimate Edition because three of those characters are confirmed guests and one of them is gonna be Sub-Zero. Don't waste your money.

Who /waitingforkompleteedition/ here?

So in the mobile game there are times where Hal will say

>"I'm the REAL Green Lantern"
Shit talking against John Stewart or are there gonna be two Hals again?

I love Damian. I feel like Sup Forums used to as well but you know how Sup Forums has to be counterculture.

>3 are confirmed guests
Source?

Boon has already been making polls for which MK and Guest characters people want in. Spawn and Sub-Zero one. Most likely they're going to come in threes so I expect a third guest unless they count one of the Watchmen as a guest.

Fighting games are the worst ones to do this for because the community could be dead by that point.

Already bought it. I was gonna get all the characters regardless of who they are, I like having every option available to me.

Yeah, I am sure they did and that's why Batman sold like shit until Snyder saved the title

I'm glad we'll be able to change how the DLC characters look

Yeah hopefully the Watchmen character will be considered a guest. It would kind of suck for one of the packs to be Rorschach and another non-DC character on top of that. Though if its Hellboy I wouldn't mind as much.

Right? Finally the DLC characters wont be forever stuck with the same static look.

Hellboy might be the only guest I welcome. Boon needs to fuck off with his Mortal Kombat characters.

>It ends up being a character from War Gods or Rampage

If he's gonna force MK characters in it should at least be the greatest character in the entire series

Did Mignola concede the right to use Hellboy?

Spawn is a safe guess because Netherrealm has the rights to use him.

youtube.com/watch?v=7rO9-2N7wDk

Hal, king of the goofy supers

I really dont want to play a Watchmen character. Would rather get Hellboy

But that's not shao kahn

I don't think so. Though I assume that poll Boon did was for characters they either already had the rights to or ones they easily could get permission to use.

Man why are the Lantern so dull looking in these games. I feel like they're supposed to be vibrant and light up the darkness.

Well to be fair that's from the mobile game, it should look way better in the actual game.

Why does Hal tries anymore?.

Thats just fucking Gordonbats! Damn Hal, I know you were never creative with constructs but damn

You can't not love Hal

Hey, smiff was pretty alright as deadshot, the movie was shit don't get me wrong, but atleast wild wild smiff was trying

>Jason grodd
It all makes sense now

"10 minutes of Swamp Thing gameplay" fucking when?

Hellboy would be sweet, but only if they got Perlman

He was literally playing Will Smith like he always does.

Surprisingly, Margot Harley was the only tolerable part of that movie.

Next Watchtower, I'd imagine

They probably could, is Perlman doing much these days

Yeah actually, mostly voice roles and stuff, he was in that Harry Potter thing released last year and also is in some amazon prime show

I don't get why DC didn't go with Arc Systems for a over-the-top fighter? Comics are about larger than life characters doing over the top things, in a battle of good vs evil.

youtube.com/watch?v=NHY5LiQAQRw

DC doesn't want to cultivate that kind of image.

Because they want the game to sell.

It's why they bought the Mortal Kombat people in the first place.

A piece of garbage like MKvsDC sold mulitiple millions of copies.

Because GG is hot setplay trash

Well if they can get Carl Weathers they should be able to get Perlman to lend his face and voice

Yet it is that over the top craziness that people love about Mahvel. Both Marvel and Capcom let their IPs have fun and just go at it. I just wish DC would get over the "realism" phase. Comics where never about being real in the first place.

because not every game needs to be anime user

I mean what do you mean by realism and crazyness?

Art style or gameplay?

Because gameplay wise, well not full on anime, it's not that far off either.

And Marvel is even bigger trash that GG.
And Amrvel is also Streamboar: The Experiance

I would've preferred Circe to Cheetah. Cheetah has such a boring powerset compared to Circe's sorcery skills which would have been a good foil for Dr Fate (already confirmed in game files).

I don't know man, but seeing Swamp thing creating clones to beat the shit out of people and superman super being him punching someone through the air just so he can smash his face to the ground is pretty super to me
i think he needs bright graphics and people shouting special attacks otherwise is not fun enough for him

So the next official reveal is 02/23.

Not asking for anime, just over the top. After the Dark Knight trilogy, DC has become obsess with realism and now forcing this notion of other heroes. Batman in ways has hurt comics rather than help, everything is dialed down now.

>Why doesn't DC make their fighting game generic anime garbage?
You know if you add up all the sales of GG, each version and sequel on every console, they basically come in around 1/2 to 3/4ths the sales of Injustice 1. Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone wants your anime bullshit.