Hey Peter, I killed your mom, wanna join up with me?

>Hey Peter, I killed your mom, wanna join up with me?

Okay the rest of the movie was decent to good, but what the fuck was this? Was it not enough that he abandoned her because he had other plans? He literally had to put the fucking tumor in her fucking head?

It's not like Peter needs any more convincing. "Hey how would you like to help me destroy all life in the Universe, son?" What the fuck.

>rest of the movie was decent to good
Gotta disagree with ya, chief. They tried too hard to inject humor in every single scene and the Guardians are NEVER in any danger, removing all conflict and drama from the movie. I felt the first movie had more heart by far.

That's true but in the first movie all the drama is defused by quips

this

I don't know what kind of mongoloid would find the entire running time of the "hey you got some tape?" scene funny.

Taserface is also the worst recurring joke of the movie, it wasn't that funny at the start anyways, I mean I get it if you name yourself arseface or something but that joke is the prime example of beating a dead horse.

eh idk about that. Mom's death scene wasn't and the final fight with Ronan transitioned from a goofy premise and injected heart into the scene via dead mom and friendship bonds. And Groot had just "died" for his friends, no quips there.

I didn't say great or anything. It was a fun action movie that had good moments as well.

I just thought it was really fucking jarring how he just up and says he put a tumor in her. Like... that's really fucking overkill, and he doesn't even seem like the sort of villain who would bother with doing that.

But he becomes buy this toy groot" in a matter of minutes for big laughs

Marlets bitch about the Martha scene to no end but go dead silent when you bring this up.

Hmm...

yeah but that was basically post-movie in the credits sequence. The point of the sacrifice and the impact it had on the characters had already been made, even if it was undercut later.

>and the Guardians are NEVER in any danger, removing all conflict and drama from the movie

How low of an IQ do you need to watch a capeshit movie and be fooled into thinking they're ever in any danger? Might as well make fun of it.

suspension of disbelief, baby. I know I'm being taken for a ride but that doesn't mean I'll hop in just anybody's car.

>Like... that's really fucking overkill, and he doesn't even seem like the sort of villain who would bother with doing that.

they obviously ran out of time and need to turn him into a villan fast, just make him do/admit something very obviously evil and the retard audience will know he's a bad guy!

This scene isn't nearly as bad as Martha

starlord must be stopped. fight fascism

How so? He already had Star-Lord pretty much influenced. And then he just casually drops the "lol I gave your mom cancer" for no reason

>even if it was undercut later

That was my point all along

Yea, that shit was not funny. Maybe it made 6 years old laugh so they kept it in. Not EVERYTHING has to be an awkward joke.

yeah but what I'm saying is you have the initial impact and they let it settle and have its affect on you. LATER after everything has been wrapped up when the movie is done they bring him out for cuteness. Its not the same thing as watching Drax get dragged from the back of a ship hitting literally every tree in his path with no consequences at all.

>They poured millions into what was basically an after-school special script about 'who your real family is'

Does anyone else get as irrationally upset about this as I do? The entire fucking story was so played out and one note. "Oh man I finally have a dad and a family!!" "But your dad is a dick!" "S-shut up I finally have a family, oh wait he's a jerk and you guys are really my family!"

Like give me a fucking BREAK.

It would be great if they make RR made a one-liner joke about how the name Taserface is retarded, and then at the end when taserface is contacting the golden aliens the bitch gave him a smirk and giggle.

instead they stretch the “joke” with almost 5+ minutes of unfunny dialogues.

I'm a 36 year old man and I've heard this term all my life. What is an "After school special?"

Ego as a character is a supreme narcissist. He cared about his mother because of how she made Ego feel. He killed her because she was a distraction. He did indeed feel bad about it and said it for sympathy. How bad it was for Ego, that he had to kill Peter's mom. All the matters to Ego is himself. Have you ever met someone that tries to turn a conversation back to them? Like

"oh man, I got stuck in traffic today, for an hour"

"Oh yea, i once had to sit in traffic and waste gas on the AC, it was like 10 minutes of nothing, it was so bad"

That's Ego. It's not nearly as bad for him, but his experience is the only one he cares about, he doesn't care about Peters feelings, and yea, he messed up by mentioning it. Had he actually cared about Peters mom, he wouldn't have killed her. Had he actually cared for Peters feelings, he wouldn't have said it.

>it's an "user on Sup Forums armchair quarterbacks a multi-billion dollar franchise" episode

Not to mention that Gamorra talked him in to giving his dad a chance, and then 20 minutes later is trying to pry them apart talking about who your real family is and shit.

What the fuck.

A special you watch after school that usually had shit like talking about safety, friendship, etc. Basically infotainment in the 70s

>it's an argumentum ad populum episode

A programme kids would watch coming home from school. Usually wholesome, non-offensive television that would try to teach them moral guidance and life lessons. Usually they are very unrealistic and outlandish.

>it's a fallacy fallacy episode

>its a i took latin for 5 minutes before switching over to french because ms benelli was hotter and i'm not going to speak either of these languages anyway episode

Did you watch them or did you just pick that up culturally? Are they full shows or like the G.I.Joe bumpers?

>it's a "it's good if it appeals to lowest common denominator" episode

>you need to manually learn latin to know some phrase that has been tossed around for millenias on this site

Picked up culturally. They're essentially short movies that aired on TV

>taking my post seriously
you mad

His narcissism is well established but it's still a massive over the top 'kick the dog' moment when he's already quite villainous already.

Hell he simply could have gone, "In a way it was a good thing when your mother got that tumor in her head. She was making me lose sight of the big picture." Hell that seems even worse than actually killing her.

I'm pretty sure this movie was actually a stealth vehicle for gently introducing the philosophical concept of a Boltzmann Brain to the public.

I've been noticing that kind of shit a lot lately.

>"oh man, I got stuck in traffic today, for an hour"
>"Oh yea, i once had to sit in traffic and waste gas on the AC, it was like 10 minutes of nothing, it was so bad"
Fucking triggered. One of my closest friends is extremely narcissistic and does this in every conversation. Apology for blog.

>the rest of the movie was good but this scene was bad
>scene is actually the only redeeming quality of the flick
What did OP mean by this?

IDK but Pratt's definitely has limited range. When he yelled right after that it sucked so bad. It didn't feel like genuine rage at all. You can tell they picked one about 30 takes into to it too. He's just not good enough yet to properly express that kind of emotion.

I think he just assumed that Peter would enjoy Godhood more than caring about some girl he pumped and dumped.

>realize that Ego is my own father, except he didnt give my mom cancer, just treated her like shit
>the only Yondu I had in my life was my best friend's dad because he actually gave a shit

That line would have been much better

DUDE THE 80's LMAO

I agree very much. Though Id have written it differently. Maybe comment on how happy he was when Meredith died or if they're so compelled to attach him to it, how he heard the mom was sick and was ready to save her, but didn't because he knew he had work to do.

him putting the tumor in her head was pretty dumb.

I'm not even a DKEK but the martha scene isn't even bad at all. Brainlets just took it the wrong way and at face value clearly because they didn't understand any of the films themes or character motivations