The "DCEU" Problem and how to solve it

I'm starting this discussions because I think it's time we start acknowledging the facts. The DCEU is doomed to fail. The franchise is a complete failure and there is no hope for it because of WB's interference. I don't know what the studio executives are doing but they are creating a complete mess with the DCEU, with incredibly shitty stories and Zack Snyder. And worse there are rumors that Ben Affleck would be considering leaving altogether. And that would be bad because Ben Affleck is the only thing that would have kept the franchise together. If he goes then the DCEU will go to and WB will be blamed for it

So with this discussion I ask what if a different studio were to claim ownership of the entire DC properties and how will it affect the franchise as a whole?

Example: What if DC is owned by Universal/Legendary Entertainment and what actors you think would play them

Start the discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4kwZrhtCvdk
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=id42.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

more shitposting threads, sage and report.

>what if a different studio were to claim ownership of the entire DC properties and how will it affect the franchise as a whole?

This would needlessly wreck a lot of good things like the Lego movies. Shitty action movies that still manage to make some money are not worth ruining the good stuff.

t. shill

Someone's freaking out over Wonder Woman and Justice League. Sorry kid, the DCEU is here to stay.

holy shit you're absolutely retarded, unless you're baiting, in which case have a well deserved (you)

I think the main problem with the DCEU is the denial that it has failed.

The main problem with the DCEU is people pretending BvS was bad.

Don't you have a containment thread out there already?

>I think it's time we start acknowledging the facts

You're saying this as if we have an effect or monetary gain? If it fails it fails. I don't care for more shit posting threads

It's yet to have a flop. Everybody has a different interpretation of "failed"

BvS is bad, but Affleck is awesome

>And that would be bad because Ben Affleck is the only thing that would have kept the franchise together

My how times change. I remember everybody laughing their asses off when he was cast

But the audience viewership will drop along with it's profit margin. With Suicide Squad making less then Batman vs Superman, and the Flash movie not going anywhere

this

just look at what it did to Lego Batman

>With Suicide Squad making less then Batman vs Superman

Are you out of your fucking mind? Nobody was expecting Suicide Squad to do better than BvS

Nothing?

And we'll all forget about it because he's now Batman, and even that's in question with him no longer directing. Also word with studio interfering the production, and the script getting a rewrite. That is a worrying thing

>That is a worrying thing

Is it? It's just a film.

holy shit you are dumb

But they are expecting a good story. Which it did not deliver, and the new Joker ended up becoming a dissapointment

A film that would decide the DCEU's fate if they get it right. If it fails then everything fails

OK user. The DCEU is fucked. And?

not really worrying as its nothing more than any other major studio film.

OK. They either get it right or try something else in a few years. It's nothing to lose sleep over

So how can it be fixed? The only option is a complete reboot of the DCEU

Yet it was still a huge financial success and has sold shit tons of merchandise.

Ill agree the story was bad, but
>and the new Joker ended up becoming a dissapointment
is just a subjective opinion and not one i agree with, regardless that has nothing to do with what you replied to

Geoff John

and since DC movies are all WB makes they'll be ruined

But a sponsor would save it if a new studio possess ownership of it

>and the new Joker ended up becoming a dissapointment

The new Joker was among the most popular Halloween costumes, maybe among autist its a dissapointment but among normies it became a huge character, just like Harley Quinn.

Like it or not Suicide Squad was a hit, people were talking about the movie, making memes, harley quinn cosplays everywhere, the characters appearing on Injustice 2, etc.

The movie failed with critics and was succesful with almost everybody else.

Despite what losers on Sup Forums think.

Also: 9 original posters, 22 replies on a DC shitposting thread, every single time.

You answered your own question in your own post. They reboot it in a few years. Are we done here or are we going to have the same conversation I'm sure you have already had hundreds of times by now

I dont get that

What did you like about this joker?
I cought a case of not muh cause
>>He came off kind of snarly
>>He genuinely cared for Harley
>>He didnt tell any jokes

But I want to know what the people who did like him liked about him. I just dont see it.

people have been saying this since fucking MoS came out, dense fucker

WB would never hand over DC or share profits with another studio. It's financial success if every area

posters, 22 replies

Why do people try and bitch about discussion? Isnt that the goal?

not really, Wonder Woman will get a sequel based on her own box office performance.

Also Justice League is not going to bomb, I can see it making 800 million to a billion easy.

''But a lot of Marvel movies made a billion too!''

Not really, China keeps 90% of the boc office money or some shit, so when Marvel makes a one billion movie it actually is more like a 800 million movie.

That's why DC doesn't change their movies to appeal to China, its a waste just for peanuts

The DCEU's first 3 movies did better than the competitor's (MCU) first 3 movies, which shows that their business strategy is working.

But Joker is barely in it, and he's not all that

Why do we give a shit?
Just read comics or watch the cartoons, they are always better than the movies.

There is discussion and there is autism, shitposting threads like this ''So WE ALL AGREE ON THIS...'' are just autism or shills earning their pay.

This

>That's why DC doesn't change their movies to appeal to China, its a waste just for peanuts

This falls on deaf ears every time. It's a fact that domestic is more important than foreign for this very reason. China just keep more than other countries do

He felt the most like the joker out of any cinematic adaptation bar maybe Nicholsen, liked the overall aesthetic and Leto's performance. Loved the car as well. I also liked the loving Harley aspect to an extent, nice to see something approached from a new angle.

Not as good of a performance as Ledger mind, but i prefer Leto overall and think he a better adaptation of the character than ledger was.

Which is your fave user?

>But Joker is barely in it, and he's not all that

And yet people loved the hell out of that version, holy shit!

It was the second most popular Halloween costume last year. Those kind of trends are the greatest sign of a product/character being succesful among regular audiences.

Also the character has the attention of a lot of women too, something that Marvel fails on doing and the female audiences love to buy merchandise more than men, and merch money is more important than box office money, that's just a salad compared to merch money

Ledger. He's the greatest and his Joker was even the greatest I've ever seen

Not to mention that Marvel lost money on Hulk and Iron Man 2 made less than Suicide Squad while also having a larger budget

Well if you dont agree maybe the thread wasnt intended for you. Maybe its a thread for those that agree with OPs statement, and want to discuss the topic he provided. MAYBE the reason these threads always turn out shit is because people who dont agree show up to start off topic arguments, but I suppose even they contribute more to the discussion then those who show up only to dismiss the thread simply because they dont like it.

My two cents.

But to get back on topic. I think a reboot would be just as hard to pull off as a salvage job/new direction. I mean rebooting would be seen as admittance that they dropped the ball and then on the next try people may not take the risk.

It could be played as a "okay now we know what you want and here it is" but thats such a risk because it could end up being another unpopular movie and then they lose even more trust.

Those two properties are owned by different studios, and Marvel made more money after that because it's story improved

>>>He genuinely cared for Harley

This is just a ''not muh joker'' complain, he does care about her in lots of versions, he just cares more about himself on any scenario.

Also I think that girls liked Jeoter because of him being a dangerous bad boy.

The ''Joker is all about chaos!!!'' Joker is not all he is.

This is the problem with DC movies, too many fanboys fixed on character only being able to have one interpretation.

Marvel changes Dr. Strange into Tony Stark with magic and people go '' just like the comics of course,since the 70s and not just Bendis!!!''

Agreed

>Someone's freaking out over Wonder Woman and Justice League.
Yeah. Warner Bros.

> and Marvel made more money after that because it's story improved

And that can happen with DCEU as well. I don't think it will but hey let's wait and see

>then those who show up only to dismiss the thread simply because they dont like it.

no, because is the ''let's shit on DC based on rumors'' thread number 20 since the last two days.

ALWAYS with a 350+ posts, 29 original posters ratio

I wonder how much Wonder Woman has to make to stop Sup Forums shitposting, Anywhere between 600 and 800 mil or does it have to cross a billion?

Well barring Hamil Id say Nicolson really came off like a clown prince of crime. I love ledgers but I think its agreed he took crazy liberties with the character that happened to work fantastic in that specific film. Its not a joker id like as the definitive.

If i think about it tho, the joker from the animated adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns is probably hands down my favorite interpretation of the character from any medium.

>OP talking about himself as if he wasn't OP so it looks like he has support

This is just sad

And that's the thing. It's always the "wait and see" and I worry how it can be improved? The story is something that would bring failure to the DCEU. Hell, I thought Geoff Johns would save it, but there isn't any news of him since then. Meaning something is happening from behind the scene and it would have to involve Zack Snyder

Merchandise wise Wonder Woman is outselling most of the Marvel characters, so she is fine, the movie will make its budget back and then some more in less than a week.

''muh billion dollar club'' autists will sperg that meme for months probably, but if the movie manages to make 400 million at least is going to be considere a great succes, worthy of sequels.

Marvel should be more worried about DC being able to make the Gotham Sirens movie before Captain Marvel.

Now that is a fucking walking joke of a franchaise

You can't fix the shit taste of normies

if it made more than Avatar and Titanic combined it couldn't stop the shitposting

nothing but a Disney logo can do that

i love how there's a world of difference between the intent of these two posters but the second guy has no idea

Shazam! is at New Line, which is technically a different studio. It's a weird choice and probably to do with who signed what, but then, so is the incredible delay on actually making the damn thing.

ehhhhh they were expecting a billion for BvS and didn't get it; even if we generously assumed that WB - with its long history of glorious overspend budgets - somehow kept a tight watch on spending there... they were expecting a billion

which means they planned for it to make a billion: sure, they had contingencies for what to do if it didn't make that much - but their ideal was a billion plus change, and much of this year's and next year's offerings hinged on achieving that billion plus change - since they didn't do it, all kinds of things will now not move forward, get their budgets cut, be expected to make more money and so on and so forth

it's just business: not a flop, but a definite underperformer simply because it didn't do as well as the competition and, remember, the competition is also things like the LotR/Hobbit movies, Harry Potter, and so on

it's no good saying "we made four times as much as Jupiter Ascending" when you're covered in your own shit

i wouldn't worry about the rewrites - he wrote significant chunks of BvS and what he didn't write was as much Terrio as Goyer

truth is he's only ever won awards for his writing with Matt Damon, shared

>and I worry how it can be improved?

Fucking why faggot? You're not involved in their production. They're just movies. Stop being such a sad cunt

62 replies.
15 original posters.

>the movie will make its budget back and then some more in less than a week.

how delusional

>doomed to fail
>just as Suicide Squad BTFO'd Dr Strange

I literally only come here for storytimes and shillposting

The problem is the fact that movie going audience has shit taste

>ehhhhh they were expecting a billion for BvS and didn't get it

That doesn't matter. It still wasn't a flop. A "flop" is when a movie makes less at the box office than it's production. I'm tired of faggots trying to change definitions just so they can shit post

Thanks for the thread, D*sney shill.

Remember to sage, report and hide paid shill threads, folks.

How about more than Captain Marvel?

Here's an idea. How about fuck this whole "cinematic universe" idea and go back to self contained movies?

Also go tell Snyder to eat a bag of shitty dicks

no a flop is when people don't like it

It's budget is 100-120 mil. That's not an unreasonable statement

that is simple

take a machine gun to the nearest Marvel flick screening, and kill all the normalfags

No it isn't

You seem completely divorced from reality.

This, so far each movie has been more profitable than the last one and in 2016 the DCEU made about the same money than the MCU (factoring the SS didn't get a CHina release)

Based DC bringing the capeshit fatigue closer and closer so Marlel has to survive on those netflix shows no one watches and those comics no one buys

miller Joker is best hands down, good taste nigga

So no matter what it makes me will have a year or so of shit posting?

I did say he was not muh, literally right there for you to read

But its not any new versions of the character I dont like. Unlike most folks who think the DCU is dead, I actually did love man of steel and the new direction they took with superman. I loved Ledgers preformance despite being unlike any other joker before it.

No, I didnt like THIS new version of the joker, it doesnt mean im agaisnt new interpretations, hell I actually root for them, but I can dislike a new version if it doesnt click with me.

So far the DCU characters that dont click with me are
>>Joker
>>Lex
>>Jimmy Olsen
>>Lois Lane
>>Batman

Although I think Batman is salvagable the rest are dead to me (heh Jimmy)

>WHAT COULD SAVE X MOVIE OR X COMIC

Good writting.

Breaking even point at 250 millions worldwide? Two weeks until they get there tops and 50M net profit at least, screencap this

too bad normalfags have shit taste

If that were true, Marvel would have gone bankrupt years ago

That means a few folks got together in a thread to have a discussion. One you feel personally attacked by for some reason. If you see it as trolling maybe you take these movies to seriously.

I love the marvel movies, love em, when theres a thread about how much they suck, I just move on cause I dont agree with them, but they are free to discuss it.

I hope your not one of those hugbox types.

>it doesnt mean im agaisnt new interpretations

your complains were just about how the Joker is different from other Jokers.

Besides its not even his move, hard to judge him from just 14 minutes.

And I bet that the other characters that don't ''click'' with you are suffering from the ''not muh's

>That means a few folks got together in a thread to have a discussion.

Shills are funny, go buy a baby groot toy.

He was making fun of the bad grammar from the person that made the thread.

>Breaking even point at 250 millions worldwide?

Yeah if you apply the marketing = budget thing. But the post I responded to was about making back just the budget

With 25+ being people defending the DCEU no less. They can't even get more than 4 people to hate the DCEU!

Well, only if you think it won't be critically received well enough or have a substantial enough BO that it'll make a statement that defends itself. Like I think Suicide Squad was a completely dogshit movie, movie you'd never hear me say it wasn't successful though.
Alternatively, the first movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on screen together can't break a Billion? That's a failure in my book. Financially it wasn't a bomb, because it still brought home a big chunk of dough, but had it been a better movie, people spoke more positively about it and went back to rewatch it I am confident it would have crossed a Billion. Neither happened though.

Man I was talking about Wonder Woman and you just had to bring up BvS for no reason at all. And you think you aren't a shit poster.

>I love the marvel movies, love em, when theres a thread about how much they suck, I just move on cause I dont agree with them

There's a lot you can get from this message.
1) Most anti-DCEU threads are filled with a majority of people who "love the marvel movies"
2) People who "love" the MCU don't care enough about them to defend them.
3) The DCEU has made such an impact that people actually care enough to defend the movies.

This videos talks what's wrong with the DCU. It's really good.
youtube.com/watch?v=4kwZrhtCvdk

>That means a few folks got together in a thread to have a discussion
>"did you hear? my father's wife's bull's wife's son works in nintendo and they told that WB just fired some hairdresser because she didn't show up at work!!! HAHAHAHAHA HOW WILL DC EVER RECOVER???"
>*him and two other shills evanposts for a couple of hours*

Great discussions you got there, yes

>and you just had to bring up BvS for no reason at all
I also brought up Suicide Squad as well.
We were talking about a DCEU movie. You asked about the prospect of a year of shitposting. I merely brought up the historical precedent of the most recent movies of the shared universe. That is an unfair or biased thing to do now? I thought I was just trying to forecast what a new apple might receive based upon the reception of the most recent apples.

Why don't you summarize it instead? Is there some reason why you want to give this guy views?

>94 replies
>23 posters

This is a failure

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=id42.htm

This is a success

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm

And this is a hit

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm

Learn the difference, it could save your life someday

>The DCEU has made such an impact that people actually care enough to defend the movies.
You know who else does that? People with tiny cocks, when they try to argue why size doesn't matter. The Bane's don't need to defend shit because they're too busy using theirs to ever need to defend it.