Springfield

Hey what state is the simpsons springfield in? Thanks homos

One of the 50

aren't there a ton of Springfields in the US?

The one that borders five other states on a point

Oregon

Sneed

stupid nigger

Most of the creators are from Oregon and there is a Springfield in Oregon so while nothing is official pretty sure its based in Oregon

No way.
As a non american that would surprise me.
I always thought it was middle america.
As an outsider, my take is, nothing is more unamerican than the west coast of america.

>, nothing is more unamerican than the west coast of america.
u couldnt be more wrong

>nothing is more unamerican than the west coast of america.

TOP WEW user

fuck off least coast degenerate faggots

go get fucked up by another hurricane storm east coast fag

He's completely correct, commies.

I actually met Matt Groening about a year ago and I asked him. He said when he was a kid he used to watch "Father Knows Best" which took place in a town called Springfield. He always thought it was Springfield, OR. because that's where he grew up. Then he realized it was actually in an undisclosed midwestern state. He said that's kind of what he was going for. It's whatever Springfield is YOUR Springfield.

tl;dr there is no state for Springfield and there never will be.

In my mind it has always been suburban IL

You know nothing.

And it's not supposed to be in any state, really. The creators are from Oregon so there are a lot of things they borrowed names from, but Simpsons Springfield is nothing like the Springfield in Oregon (which is a meth riddled shit hole).

Massachusetts

Yeah. I'm from Mass, and I was always convinced it was Springfield, MA as a child. I guess that's the point.

>undisclosed midwestern state.
This is closer to the truth.
In one of the Treehouse of Horror Episode (4, maybe?) they zoom out from the house, up inot the atmosphere, and all the way to space and the tentacle aliens, and it is somewhere in the center of the US. Possibly Missouri or Illinois.

I met Matt Groening one time too. This was like 2007 when The Simpsons Game first came out. It was at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical interfettence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly. Really strange guy. I must have caught him on a bad day.

Yeah, and west Springfield is three times the size of Texas and the state borders Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky.

That would explain why all the characters are so stupid.

It borders Sneedville, TN.

is this the new sneed?

Homer hasn't been stabbed to death over a meth dispute, so it's not my Springfield

What about kentucky?
Illinois somewhere closer to these places.
Also whenever they are near the ocean it has a more east coast vibe.

Springfield Harbor appears to be in the Pacific Ocean in Simpson Tide, there's a scene where their submarine course into Russian waters is shown on a map and they are travelling northeast.

Well, it's within driving distance to New York but had also had ties to Hollywood (Krusty being a celebrity with ties to Hollywood, ads targeting production studio) so somewhere in the middle of the country makes sense, but it was always flexible enough to be a convenient plot device.

*northwest

Just duckgoad it. Sneed whats it mean?

I disagree about hollywood.
For the simpsons breadth and scope they seemed to ignore hollywood. Rarely referanced. Odd for such a show.

I’ve heard a lot about it actually being Eugene, Oregon.
Mountains, Ocean nearby, redwoods.
With a city and backwoods rural area

In the episode with the Radioactive Man movie they advertise in (obscure?) Hollywood magazines.

I met one of the other writers, Mike Reiss and when I asked he said "I'm not going to bullshit you. There is no state for Springfield.

That's strange, why not just Springfield Oregon? They are right next to each other and while I neither really fits, Springfield (OR) is closer than Eugene, which is a college town above anything else. And the ocean isn't that close to either one of those cities. Also when did redwoods feature in the Simpsons?

If you're trolling I totally fell for it

>when did redwoods feature in the Simpsons?
this log is your log
this log is my log

I poured some onions inside my trousers