Just saw this. Is this the first movie that someone can actually say is too smart for the average viewer...

Just saw this. Is this the first movie that someone can actually say is too smart for the average viewer? In a sense that it is dense with information and relies primarily on gravitas and both emotional and intellectual depth and stillness. I can completely understand why someone would scrutinize it as entertainment. It really wasn't. It was an experience. An experience i'm sure glad i had.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CSCfNvI2ric
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>when you catch your wife cheating on you because she thought you were in another galaxy

user, let's bring those fedora levels down to 50%

i dont get what you are implying

im christian... lol. why is my statement fedora like

it's too smart because people didn't get the love thing.

underrated

that was basically a cloaked conversation about God and the possibility of a supreme being, if the bible were written now in the modern era for the first time it would sound a bit like that, this movie is anti fedora arrogance and cynicism

If he wasn't socially retarded he might have a chance with the girl on the far left

i dont get you people

this is something a crazy guy would say

>God is infinite love so he can't be deduced by mathematics which is the process of his adversary

THE SHANE BLACK MOVIES IS WAY SMARTER THAN ANY MOVIE, FIGHT ME FAGGOTS

what are you trying to say

>It was an experience. An experience i'm sure glad i had.
Did you fap to the movies again, user?

>This was the first movie I saw with my ex gf
>We watched it this Friday 2 years ago
>We made inside jokes about this movie like how he named his daughter Murph and his crying scenes
I really didn’t need this today OP

He's saying that he failed high school math and therefore it is a tool of Satan.

Lol no. Rapping is for cowards like Matt Damon in this movie, wtf were him and Topher grace in it anyway, kinda took me out at first

What do you mean (((((you people?)))))))

I'm sorry brother. In the next life well laugh about it.

Cleary

I don't know about that guy, but I like to ironically respond with "underrated" to really dumb posts because I think "underrated" is a reddit phrase and I want people to stop using it.

how is this comment not higher?

Upvoted

if you had endless encryption how would you break it?

Depends on the value of what's being encrypted. I know this a smart ass rhetorical question but I don't think you understand the variance in intricacy.

to the top!

After seeing this movie, I swore to myself to never watch marvel flicks again. Thank goodness.

>TARS, reduce intelligence to 45%
Just saw this. Is this the first movie that someone can actually say is too smart for the average viewer? In a sense that it is dense with information and relies primarily on gravitas and both emotional and intellectual depth and stillness. I can completely understand why someone would scrutinize it as entertainment. It really wasn't. It was an experience. An experience i'm sure glad i had.
>Woah, easy there big guy. Lets bring it way back up to 80%
After seeing this movie, I swore to myself to never watch marvel flicks again. Thank goodness.
>Perfect.

You know as visually engaging his films are, why does Christopher Nolan seem to have almost no creativity? The Dark Knight shamelessly ripped off Heat, Inception ripped off Paprika. Interstellar was basically
"Hey what if we remade 2001: A Space Odyssey but instead of relying on visual symbolism we just threw in Hollywood action scenes, over-explained the entire plot and forced a 3-act structure into it?"

endless value infinite intricacy

>"Hey what if we remade 2001: A Space Odyssey but instead of relying on visual symbolism we just threw in Hollywood action scenes, over-explained the entire plot and forced a 3-act structure into it?"
Wow that almost sounds like an entirely different movie! If a movie is in space does it rip off 2001? Wew lad you might be retarded

Lol jam Kubrick, we still remember you

Prove these are ripoffs

>action in interstellar
There's literally no action, it's just well shot and master class effects and set design, it's more of a human spirit piece and it's friction with objectivity and the reconciliation of the two, and the love of a selfless father who was there all along hinting at his presence, sort of the way our God does with us

If it is endless valuable to me then I know it need not be encrypted. Whatever I love is free. Whatever I love is eternal.

youtu.be/CSCfNvI2ric

Lmafo

Interstellar is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Arrival and to a somewhat lesser extent Blade Runner 2049, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Interstellar by the time she was talking about a ghost in her room AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Interstellar and Arrival. I think where Arrival was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Interstellar has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>granny murph scene