BEST DC REBIRTH WEEK? ODD OR EVEN WEEKS?

All right, Sup Forums, DC Rebirth's release schedule has been pretty good in terms of rare delays, and the books are coming out predictably. Certain twice monthly books are coming out on odd weeks, while others on even weeks, which made me wonder: which weeks are better?

Odd week books: Aquaman, Batman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Harley Quinn, Justice League, Nightwing, Superman
Even week books: Action Comics, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Flash, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman
Which one is the better? Which weeks are you looking more forward to?
I'm partial to even weeks bc of Deathstroke, Flash, and Hal.
Also, general Rebirth thread. Post anything Rebirth related.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/status/829102451236155392
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Deathstroke is the best book so I almost want to pick even but it's the only one I really like. And I think it's switching to odd weeks in April anyway.

Bumpin' with best girl

Odd weeks for that Batman/Superman/Green Arrow combo. Nightwing is usually decent as well.

Action/Detective are obviously weaker and Flash isn't a can't miss book.

I like the odd week twice monthlies more. Even weeks has better monthlies though.

This, but Green Lanterns tops for me

I hate rebirth.

there are three rebirth books worth reading and they are:
>Deathstroke
>Hal Jordan and the GLC
>Flash

are you me, user?

Flash is terrible and I'm not giving Venditti another shot.

Odd weeks are better, but even are pretty great too.

Flash isn't worth reading. It's the epitome of mediocre and the art is ugly.

Every other book has lost what made it interesting to start out with but Flash, Deathstroke, and Hal have remained at the same level of content or, in the case of the Flash, have actually gotten better as it's gone on. I will say that I liked the last Nightwing issue, but the whole Bludhaven arc was pretty meh overall

Odd weeks hamds down, but the absolute best book is Deathstroke and it's on even weeks, so we're doing great all month

Most weren't interesting to start. Flash and Nigthwing have good art, but the writing is ass.

>Even week books: Action Comics, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Flash, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman
Deathstroke and Hal n Pals are the only biweekly books I read, so even weeks

New Super-man usually comes out second week too, iirc

Odd weeks for me, but I'm enjoying more than one book from each group

Tough but I'd go odd:

Batman has been fucking fantastic
Superman has been fucking fantastic
Green Arrow has been fucking fantastic
Green Lanterns has been fucking fantastic
Aquaman has been fucking fantastic
Nightwing

Although on the even weeks:
Detective Comics has been fucking fantastic
Deathstroke has been fucking fantastic
Hal Jordan has been fucking fantastic
Suicide Squad has been fucking fantastic

Rebirth in general is a fucking fantastic thing

Odds-evens 8-3 so far

Cyborg has rogues now and more supporting characters and even a female counterpart. It's great.

Best Rebirth books are still Deathstroke and New Super-Man.

Looking forward to JSA and LOSH Rebirths.

Firestorm and Plastic Man Rebirths when?

Here is a more important question: which week has better waifus?
Odd weeks with Mera, Jessica and Lois are the best for me

even if hitch is doing JSA?

twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/status/829102451236155392

I'll take that chance

Fuck Firestorm, I want Martian Manhunter and Plas Rebirth books

they can wait, shazam must come first

Take a 12 issue Bane series written by Dixon and shut up.

>more Batshit

k, I guess

Superman is the best book

That's a big mini-series

UUUU

>Detective Comics has been fucking fantastic

Deathstroke is clearly better. Superior dad scenes even.

Does anyone else catch the vibe that all of the Rebirth books are good enough but none of them are actually fulfilling in terms of creative writing or character development? Like, there are sparks of good moments but I don't feel like anything is really special outside of Prieststroke and the two issues of Batman with Gerads

>tfw every arc in every story is the same generic superhero bullshit

I miss the infinite crisis days

>tfw every arc in every story is the same generic superhero bullshit
That's what you all wished for though or else DCyou would have sold.

The only rebirth books worth reading at all are batman
Detective Comics
And Flash
Everything else has been pretty underwhelming.

Rebirth is rehashed over convoluted garbage.

I get what you're saying, dude
I think the New 52 at the beginning had 'higher highs' (Batman, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Wondy etc.), but overall the line-wide average quality is much-much higher now
Some of the books I still buy (particularly Flash, Green Arrow, and Aquaman) are absolutely run of the mill, regular superhero stories, but they are still fun in a traditional way

>the Rebirth books are good enough
That and hard-core nostalgiaFagging are pretty much the whole point, senpai.

I wouldn't even go that far. DC largely stopped being good around Identity Crisis. After that basically only Johns and Morrison stuff was great with a fringe title here and there.

I suppose the first year of New52 had a bunch of stinkers yeah, but Rebirth is much more infuriating because it's just rehashes and nostalgia pandering all day every day and very little variety. Like, Blackhawks, Men of War and Mr. terrific weren't any good, but at least it was something... Now it's just 8 batbooks, 7 super books, fucking Hitch JL...

Tell me would it be extremely painful if I only bought half the issues?

Nah, you're a retard. Post Infinite Crisis and then post 52 DC had some really awesome stuff. Identity Crisis era was meh.

>Flash, Green Arrow, and Aquaman) are absolutely run of the mill, regular superhero stories, but they are still fun in a traditional way
I don't read Aquaman, so I can't comment on that one; but Flash has been pretty crap (Godspeed was PAINFUL) and Green Arrow hasn't been much better (evil bankers literally skinny poor people alive ffs!) ... but they've both got God Tier art which is the reason I keep sticking around.

The outlier books are relegated to Young Animal which probably is better for them anyways. Not as much scrutiny to be put on the chopping block so fast. I don't even think Blackhawks made it to issue 8.

You really like GLC that much? What do you like about it?

I get the point it's just kind of depressing that they're pushing such a lack of ambition. Maybe it's just starting with "good" so they can do some more ambitious stuff later but for now it just feels pretty soul-less.

I like Detective more than most on here but it is certainly not fucking fantastic. And Suicide Squad? Fucking fantastic? Really?

Sandoval is great and even when he's not drawing it's just fun space adventures. So far it's nothing breathtaking but there's some really killer moments that don't try to be too big but succeed at the mark they're aiming at.

Experimental books are now under either the Hanna Barbera, Young Animal or Wild Storm banners, and I'm fine with that

There's room to like them both.

the drop in quality for Detective Comics after Tim died was so dramatic. I signed on for "bat-team that only tangentially involved batman" and I've pretty much just gotten Batwoman and Batman (both of which now have their own books).

I wouldn't say Flash has god tier art. I think it's very good and a great fit for Flash though. Fill ins have not been good though. Green Arrow has two amazing artist but I dropped it when that Byrne fellow came on board, writing is just bland and rehashed as fuck, Percy's previous run was a lot more fresh. I think these titles having great art is all the more frustrating for me because Deathstroke for example has crap art and that one is actually well written.

All of the Rebirth launch titles made it to at least 8 unlike Rebirth era where a mini gets canceled at 3. Young Animal is great but it's too small, New52 launch had more fringe titles.
And it's not just about fringe, but giving Bane a 12 issues(not 6, but 12) before Shazam, LoSH, Martian Manhunter or Plastic man is pants on head retarded. getting Dixon on is just... no words.

New Super-Man is better

Sure, but Superman is not good.

THIS
>hal going super-saiyan
>guy with the beer scene
>nulobo moment
>starro invasion and getting captured by brainiac

What more would you want from a big dumb space opera?

>Bane by Chuck Dixon 12 issue mini
just... who the fuck wanted this to happen

Odd top tier
>Aquaman
>Batman
>Green Arrow
>Green Lanterns
>Nightwing
>Superman
Even top tier
>Action Comics
>Deathstroke
>Detective Comics
>Flash
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
>Wonder Woman
It's a tie.

I agree with you, but the last issue picked up a bit for me. I really did not care for the Syndicate arc or Batwoman two parter despite being a Batwoman fan.
But I think the run is focusing away from Steph and Batwoman who I think are the characters most incompatible with the team. I really like the idea of it just consisting of Bruce, Batwing, Azrael, Clayface and Cass, and Tim when he returns.

It's heartwarming, funny, has great art, wonderful references to great comics that also serve to tell good and unique stories. It's good.

Also- I felt that telling us that Tim was alive right after they killed him took out virtually all of the sting of him dying. Like, yes of course he's still alive but let us pretend for a few issues he's dead or else everyone grieving is just going to look stupid to the reader.

I thought the most recent issue was pretty good, but I will say the average quality of the art on this book is fucking atrocious

Starro, Braniac, and Larfleeze in the same plot was a load of fun

Eh well I guess Tynion and Co. went for hyping up toward an event and changing other characters more than having an emotional impact for the reader.

Art is subjective but I like it well enough. I like the crisp lines of Martinez and enjoy the color work when it's Barrows turn despite not liking the way he draws a lot of the characters.

Post-IC was mostly good up until Final Crisis

Everything after that kinda sucked hard because Morrison confused everyone

It's ok but it's worse than Deathstroke.

It's really bad, dude.

Can't help shit taste.

>Also- I felt that telling us that Tim was alive right after they killed him took out virtually all of the sting of him dying.
Like he would have stayed dead anyway.

Yeah, I guess we can't help you.

What a shame.

>Percy's previous run was a lot more fresh
I dropped it the second it was clear that what I thought was a creepy horror story was actually an amazingly ham-fisted bit of Virtue Signaling about the evils of Drones.

But other than that I mostly agree.

Only the filler issues between arcs are good, the rest is bad. The first eradicator arc was bad, so was the dinosaur island and multiplicity was dumpster fire.

I dont really get the hate for King's Batman.

Rereading the run up to now and it's fucking great. I loved I am Gotham and I am Suicide, plus I am Bane is gearing up to be the best of the trilogy.

Fucking love everything King puts out. His Vision, his Omega Men, Sheriff of Babylon, Batman and the Green Lantern Darkseid War Special are all fucking fantastic

>top tier
>Action Comics
The irony level achieved by "Nothing Happens: The Comic" being called "Action" is the only thing Top Tier about it.

Now this is a serious case of nostalgia goggles
Countdown was a tremendous pile of shit with even shittier minis (Arena, Lord Havok, Search for Ray Palmer etc.), Flash was shit the whole time, JLA was directionless, shitty bat books like Outsiders, Robin, Gotham Underground, lame Aquaman, Amazons Attack, shitty Winick books, holy-fuck-I-can't-even level of shittyness in the Titans books...
There were some really good books by a handful of writers (Johns, Morrison, Simone, Dini, Rucka), but mostly good? Nah.

>Fucking love everything King puts out.
Tom, c'mon. You're embarrassing yourself.

The Eradicator arc and Dinosaur Island certainly were not bad.

It's because we love King that we don't like his Batman. It's nothing like his own works.

not pander-y enough

I hate Batman, my lest liked DC character ever since New 52, King actually made me look forward to the days that I pick up Batman on my pull list. Based King is Based.

that was only the first Doomsday arc. everything since then has been great.

They're fine. He's just mad that somebody questioned the supremacy of Deathstroke. Superman and Deathstroke both sat at the top of the Rebirth poll that Sup Forums did a few weeks ago. They were far away from the other titles if I recall

Even though the first 6 issues were a big fight and had more Action than Superman has had in years. Seems like an apt title to me

>unlike Rebirth era where a mini gets canceled at 3

Vigilante wasn't canceled if that's what you're talking about. It was just pushed straight to a collection because of fuckups on the rating that was printed on the book. It's still finished, just not coming out on a month to month.

>There were some really good books by a handful of writers (Johns, Morrison, Simone, Dini, Rucka)
That covers a lot though, that's about 20 titles between those 5 people and Morrison for example was doing All Star Superman and Batman at this time. GOAT. Other than those there was still Matt Wagner's Batman minis, Blue Beetle, Jonah Hex, Shadowpact.. And it was also a great time for Vertigo, Fables, American Virgin, 100 Bullets, DMZ, Northlanders...

And New 52 actually did have a mini that was cancelled at 3 issues.

>What more would you want from a big dumb space opera?

Bring back Evil Star.

It was some shitty video game tie in or something. Certainly not under the New 52 banner and certainly not DC proper.

Well Superman and Deathstroke are completely different things. Superman is comfy, funny, and cute with classic superheroics and good character moments. Deathstroke is obviously going for something else. It's fine to like both a lot in different ways.

Didn't the Green Team or something get cut short too?

New Super-Man is better than both those

I think Green Team managed to make it to 8 somehow.

I actually miss those times because there were many books you just knew were going to be classics (morrison batman, johns gl, simone secret six etc.), in a sea of shit
These days? Most books are pretty enjoyable, but easily forgettable

Both weeks. As a lifelong GLfag I am so happy were actually getting decent stories for the first time in fucking ages. I'm amazed how Venditti is actually putting out decent stuff after his entire New 52 run being garbage. And who would've thought Humphries would be able to put out some of the best GL stuff in years.

>enjoyable
Nah. Maybe readable but I can't be bothered to read them. They just bore me.

>It was some shitty video game tie in or something

No it was some Wildstorm characters they tried to introduce into main continuity and failed spectacularly

cringe

It got to 8 I own them all

I never thought I'd meet the one person in the world who bought those.

well, you haven't met that guy...