I like Villeneuve but I think he's really going to fuck up this adaption

I like Villeneuve but I think he's really going to fuck up this adaption.

He's too self-serious and I don't think he could could capture the sense of wonder that Herbert did with the books.

It should be at least 3 movies in the first place, otherwise you end up with abhorent mess like the Lynch version

He's also less likely to dumb it down/normie-fy it. He's basically the best studio director you could hope for the job.

Key to good Dune adaption will always be knowing what to cut.

he already fucked up blade runner
christ what a shit show

the Lynch movie really wasn't that bad, it's just that it would be incomprehensible if you didn't read the book

Fuck off retard, he made the best sequel since Empire Strikes Back

The Dark Knight?

just be glad he isn't going to include a scene where ten thousand Harkonnen extras take a shit on the landing field at Arrakeen.

count your blessings, man.

Daily reminder, that Jodo never made Dune

I've got his back after 2049 for anything Sci-Fi. I just really hope they don't take the project away from him because Blade Runner didn't do well

Good.

who cares, it's never going to happen

remember all the "I'M A NERD!" fucks sperging out over this doc

have they never seen his movies? most pretentious fuck ever.

Go watch Han Solo Solo movie.

the lynch film was and IS the best we could hope for

Really? I've always avoided it because everyone said it was shit. I enjoyed the book and didn't want it ruined by a shitty movie.

Someone please explain me why Hyperion is a bad book. Haven't read it (yet) while also noticing posts about how it's basically a child book in the Dune threads

t. pleb
t. bookworm pleb
lynch's version is pure kino

>unironically rating shit wars and putting them anywhere in even remotely serious discussions
fucking manchild faggot

Hyperion is great.

This. It's a doorstop of a novel. It should be at least 2 films. One covering the intro politics and the trip to Arrakis. And the other the escape of Paul and Jessica and his ascension to the Kwisatz Haderach.

I am surprised with all the sci-fi and fantasy nerdery going on today, they don't give Lynch ALL the film stock and let him do a 4K UHD blu-ray director's cut that is like 3.5 or 4 hours.

You're a fucking idiot.

It will be terrible.
>bad CGI worms
>Americans getting triggered over the word jihad
>people on this site getting triggered over the Bene Gesserit
Also, the first book basically ends on a cliffhanger since we never find out if Paul can prevent the jihad, so you'd technically have to make adaptations of the sequels too and that would be just a shitshow with even more triggering. Or just leave that out altogether which would be shit.

He didn't though? It was better than the first and possibly the best version we could have gotten ever.
Imagine if Riddley Scott , Nolan or JJ directed it.

Good. It was a clusterfuck even in the pre-production, imagine what a disaster it could have been.

I think it would have been and incredibly entertaining disaster, I certainly wished it was made just for that.

Dune is just a glib facsimile of 40k anyway. I mean, seriously, 'God Emperor of Mankind'? GW should sue his ass.

>this post

>You have awakened the Worm who is God. Prepare to die.

Is Dune worth a read even if im indiferent to sci-fi genre?

Yeah that sense of wonder came from you being 15 when you read them

Thank you, dear friends, for joining me in another game of Master Baiting. Every Dune thread I say the same thing and you stumble into my spidersweb and get caught up! Haha! You see, I am the Darkness and the Light. The Alpha and the Omega. I am the Beginning and the End. I am Oblivion. I am the Master of Bait. I know what you're going to say next, it'll be '>hur dur I was pretending to be retarded' or a image version of it! Well, I am one step ahead of you, as always. I have danced this dance more times that you have drawn breath. I am closer to God than you'll ever know.

Sci-fi is only used as the background, it's more about politics, religion, ecology.

Woah

>It was better than the first
You have to go back.

He's never directed a bad movie

>What is Arrival

>He's too self-serious and I don't think he could could capture the sense of wonder that Herbert did with the books.

I think you've mis-read herbert.

His world is not wondrous and fantastical -- it's actually pretty dry and serious.

We got The Metabarons instead, so it's all good

Gotta split it into a trilogy
First movie book 1 and 2, or whenever paul and jessics escape arrakeen. I cant remember if this is the mid point, move it further back if not.
Second covering rest of dune
Third covering Messiah.

A mediocre movie

It was fucking horrible

>Find audiobook of Dune on youtube
>Take 8 months to finish Part. 1, always listening to a bit before sleeping
>Finally done and ready for Part. 2
>Removed from youtube
>Can't find the version anywhere

The first half is great - the politics, religion, and general worldbuilding are excellent.
The second half is prety poor, and is focused on the story. It's rushed, seems sequel baity, and characters/stories seem neglected. Some ridiculous shit happens, and some key scenes are very poorly handled. I've not read anything else by Herbert, but I presume he wasn't a great storyteller.
I'd say it's worth reading for the world alone though

Read you illiterate fuck. It's a short book.

My problem isn't that I don't know how else to finish the book, my problem is that I like the comfy voices at night because I'm too depressed to fall asleep when I'm alone with my thoughts but that I can't find the same voices.

>taking 8 months to finish a book let alone an audiobook
lmao

Its like 600+ pages. Not that short.

>Hyperion
Top comfy

Why did they call Leto 3 Leto 2? The real 2 died as a baby

lmao the trip to arrakis is all of 50 pages, dog

That is a very french looking comic

Flawed, but above average

Juan Giménez is argentinian

Probable just pissed off people who read Endymion.

>gave up on arrival after 60 min and deleted the file
>watched prisoners, it's just average
>some nice shots and scenes, but nothing that would draw me back
should i go on with this dude? is the lack of depth the issue here?

no, your pleb taste is

Are you crazy, 3 movies for Dune? That'd require Hobbit levels of padded bullshit

Sicario and Blade Runner are kino. He needs a good writer.

Studio would push for 3, but you could do it in 2, with dune being 1 movie, and messiah #2. Maybe make god emperor if you had to do 3.

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING STILLSUIT RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I mean its black for fucks sake. BLACK.

Okay so I never read or watched single thing about Dune, where do I start?

Do I just read the book or is any of the film versions worth checking out at all?

Sicario is decent but not kino. Blade Runner is must watch kino.

As always, read the books first.
The movies are confusing otherwise and kind of get rid of the main appeal of the books, the whole subtexts and plotting and whatnot. The movies are good for showcasing the great visual aspects of the books.

>Sicario is decent but not kino
name a flaw

>Do I just read the book
yes. read Dune first, if you like it and want more read Messiah for an ending to Muad'Dibs story. if you'll still want more, Children and God Emperor, they continue the story and give another conclusion, for the Golden Path saga this time. God-Emperor is regarded by many fans as the highest point in the series.
if you'll still want more, Hertetics and Chapterhouse, those are again their own storyline, but quality declined and it ends on a big cliffhaner and Herbert died before writing the last book, so you;'ll be pissed off about not knowing how it all ended.
do not touch anything Herberts son wrote, it's garbage. especially do not touch ending toi the saga he wrote, it's fucking retarded, awfully written and shows that he fundamentally misunderstood his fathers work and plotlines.

or is any of the film versions worth checking out at all?
no

>Metabarons

I see you are a man of culture as well.
Technopriests was a heap of shit, though.

sold that game last year on ebay, went for alot, i dont get who would buy a boardgame in 2017

who will play the sandworm in the inevitable biopic?