Star-Lord

>he's gone forever
You feel it too, don't you?

I like to believe that costume would never have worked in live action or with the mood of the movie.
A part of me really wants to see them doing what happened to Quill with destroying a planet to save a galaxy, going to space jail to redeem self and coming back to guard the galaxy once more.

He had a good redemption story and a proper ending. That's more than you can say for most characters. No matter how he came back or who brought him back I'm not sure anything would have felt like a continuation and not a reboot. Best just to view 70s Star-Lord>Annihilation>GOTG as one little story bubble, continuity be damned.

Besides, all it takes is one good writer to bring some more character back to him. DnA are the ones that started applying to him the archetype of the fool and I don't think that's a bad thing. After all, the fool is often the wisest man in the court. Not that Bendis knows anything about Shakespeare.

We'll see how Duggan handles him.

I'm not gonna start convincing myself it'll happen but I can see it. I definitely think it could work once Pratt has a few movies under his belt.

I thought that the uniforms at the end of the first movie were about as close as we're going to get with those uni's. He had the helmet in some artwork; maybe they give it to him eventually?

I hope not. That helmet is character-defining.
Seeing him without it is like seeing cap without his shield... or bucky without his metal arm

>forever
no way user some day he will come back maybe we will not see it but he will

you know who also wont come back anytime soon? groot in uniform, back in the day groot used an uniform like any other member of the team now they let him run naked like an animal

I doubt the helmet appears in the MCU because it looks objectively silly on damn near anything that ain't a rigid military uniform. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it to bits, especially the classic version with the owl motif, but I don't ever expect to see it on the big screen.

>that helmet is character defining

No way, it didn't last long even the seventies. Djurdevic did a killer redesign of course but I'm not of the opinion that he can't go without it.

Frankly, I think Quill is defined by not being particularly well-defined. He changes with the cosmic winds.

forgot my image

>it looks objectively silly on damn near anything that ain't a rigid military uniform

As much as I also want the helmet I would settle with them at least giving him the crest on the forehead. Without it it just looks generic.

he also used to speak in full sentences

Did DnA ever explain why they suddenly changed that?

This is an awful picture, but I couldn't find actual scans of the book.

they only say that wen his species reach a certain age his vocals cord bibrate in a dissonace unaudible to other species if im correct

Yeah, I don't really dig it. Looks like a transformer wearing a scarf. That getup is over-designed as hell.

I forgot about this one. Kinda wish the flame wasn't a Ravager thing in the MCU, but then I'm not really sure how else you'd fit it in without the Master.

The blue uniform looks great. I don't think I'd want the uniform without the helmet. Don't care for the NCR Ranger knockoff.

He looks like a Korpsman

Well I guess they aren't really THE Guardians of the Galaxy yet.

They are just a group of people saving shit. Maybe they get an actual logo soon.

Well, they kinda did. Their red uniforms all had the Ravager emblem IIRC. That said, it's worth noting that they didn't actually have a team logo under DnA. Star-Lord was the only one to wear the flame because, well, it's his symbol.

Well they at least had the uniform.

It looks like everyone besides Starlord (and Groot I guess) are wearing blue in the sequel, so maybe we do eventually get uniforms?

God damn, I just want the uniforms. And maybe give Rocket some sleeves

Wanna know a secret? I'm not terribly hung up on the uniforms. It's one of the best designs ever, and if they appear in a movie I'll be over the moon about it, but if they don't? Doesn't really bother me. They'll always be a hallmark of v2.

Sup Forums will also kill me for this, but I don't think the Guardians could have lasted long as a paramilitary task force anyway. It was great for DNA's run, wouldn't change a thing about it, but given how things went and ended in that book it really seemed like a phase to me. The Guardians could only come back quite differently or not at all. You can't really do the uniformed task force thing twice IMO. Space is crowded enough with plenty of those already and the characters are too off-beat.

I kinda like Rocket without sleeves, like I think it's fine if they all have their own style but their uniforms are similar color.

>paramilitary task force
you know you migth be rigth but i prefer how cosmo talk about the guardians of a bunch of low tier individuals witch despice lacking serius heavy hiters were able to do acomplish so mutch by just trying their best

I really hate to say it but you are probably right.

Especially if the Novas get involved later.

thats why the novas were wiped out at the start of annhilation

So what are the chances we get a big Nova in Infinity War?

I mean it would be the perfect opportunity. Thanos comes for Xandar to get the infinity stone, so perhaps the Novas start working on new technology to create super powered Nova Corp since their regular corp got wrecked by just Ronan.

You got a problem with that?

thats a good set up but i doubth they use it since infinity war already have ashit ton of characthers

Yeah, I know.

I have a feeling Infinity War is gonna be a super fine balancing act. They are already on the cusp of having too many characters for a movie. In comics either not everyone gets importance or they have multiple comics intersecting for the story, but that doesn't work with a major movie.

Damn, I wonder how they are gonna do this. And they keep adding characters too.

I wonder if they are gonna start killing characters so they don't have to justify keeping all of them.

I love the left sided look but I can see why they didn't go with it.

It looks incredible but it makes him look too much like a soldier, which is what they were in that Annihilation: Conquest mini, soldiers for the Kree.

The movie Star-Lord is the more rogueish, Han Solo type.

So I think, as much as i love that left page and the version in the comics more than what we got, I think I can be satisfied with it.

Slim to none.
The guys who wrote the script said they like him and wanted him in, but haven't said anything to follow that up.
I think there's a history between Nova and Thanos that really should be explored. It'd be really cool if they introduced him in IW as a last resort against Thanos like Vision in AoU, but that's dreaming way too big.

>I wonder if they are gonna start killing characters so they don't have to justify keeping all of them.

They could fix that problem in the movie if they had the balls

user it's time to embrace who he is now

I mean I guess it could be sorta like a the Vision moment. New character introduced near the climax of part 2 of infinity war that helps turn the tide.

Especially since the Vision will presumably die so Thanos can take his infinity stone

I still have no idea why they made him blonde

Does brown hair just not go well with the red coat? Even Chris Pratt has brown hair.

I don't think they have the balls to do THAT.

But if they killed off a fair amount of the current MCU, I would probably applaud them. As long as it wasn't stupidly done.
Fuckin Bendis.
>Write for a Cosmic series.
>Have the grand finale to your run take place on Earth.

He really didn't know how to work with what he was given did he.

I just wanna see the colours in the movie,maybe the helmet

That's kinda what I was thinking too. I'd fucking love something like that, but realistically I don't see that happening.

>bendis find a way to use his waifu in space
the man is a living meme at this poin

That's a good point, of the now "core" team only Quill, Rocky, and Groot ever had the actual uniform design. Gamora just had a blue slutkini and Drax wore space jeans.

It's really weird to me that everybody gets blue now in the movies except Quill..

Oh me too, that's like the heart and soul of the book. But one of the hard lessons was that all these kooky characters banded together, forgot their differences, gave it their best shot at being serious game-changers... and it wasn't really enough. Even Quill wrote them off as something of a failed experiment.

Presumably because Bendis only ever read one of the 80s stories where he's blonde, ergo he has to be blonde again. He's funny like that. I will say that the blonde hair does look cooler flowing out of the mask.

I dunno, the cobbled together look of the uniform in that art gives me more of a "scavenger" vibe, which I think also works.

Are we ever gonna see Jack Flag again?

In fairness, the blonde hair isn't just a product of the movie. His first appearance was in black and white and they've gone back and forth between brown and blonde ever since.

It still strikes me as a little too military for the personality Quill has in the movie. More mercenary than thief.

I mean again, I love the left design to death, but it's just a little too guy who will fight you straight up vs guy who will try and run first.

Though I'd love to see Quill dressed like that challenging Ronan to a dance off. I think it'd be funnier in that outfit.

I don't know where or how it happened but the other day someone posted a page showing his funeral on Earth. Captain America and the Guardians were there.

He showed up last year. Nobody believed him about all the cosmic stuff which was pretty funny. Then Captain Hydra pushed him out of a plane.

What

Why

Also yeah, I agree. The Quill that the movies have established doesn't seem the paramilitary type.

Maybe he eventually wears blue, but I doubt we will get full uniforms.
I do hope that maybe he gets that flame symbol added to his helmet. Could be in character, he's trying to build his rep as Starlord, so creating a logo seems like something he might do.

great as if i neded another reason to hate spencer

I just looked that up.

Why wasn't his hair colored? Sure it was goofy as hell looking, but otherwise hes not very visually distinctive.

Also, whatever happened to future captain america?

vance astro? he die in the dna run

Did he? I thought he sorta just disappeared after Thanos Imperative.

When did he die?

his costume witch is wath kep his time displaced body in place got riped and he start to rotten if i remember corectly

He died in Adam's illusion but he made it back to his time. He was in Abnett's Guardians 3000 and Korvac Saga.

Uh, are you okay there buddy?

I think since apparently the Ravagers are going to be antagonists in the new movie, maybe Quill will give up the red to no longer be associated with them?

Wait
The Ravengers are the bad guys
But Yondu is gonna side with Quill even tho hes the leader?

Hows that gonna work out?

Taserface leads a mutinee after Yondu let Quill get away with the stone.

Huh, I guess I could see that.

Solicits for Duggan's GotG mention the Nova corls but he's been hinting on his twitter the return of the Bakian family so it might just be them.

Still making Nova corps outside of the Nova comic is kind of a shitty thing to do.

Apparently they get their hands on Rocket and Groot when the others go looking for Ego. Yondu is gonna let them go or something and I guess that's the last straw for Taserface and his boys, so they throw Yondu in the brig too.

Well they really didn't have a logo until Bendis' run and the logo they got was just the Star-Lord logo with the Nova logo inside.

Pretty sure someone saw the last page of Thanos imperative and just went with that.

It's not the same Vance tho due to time fuckery, when Peter talks to him Vance doesn't even recognize him he even says to the other future Guardians "Apparently a version of me used to run with these dinkwafts"

Honestly I want Vance back on the team, I liked him.

Bendis said he didn't read the previous run. Chances are he just quickly checked to see if they had a logo, saw that and used it.

I thought he said he was taking the fraternity of raptors and having them do what the Nova Corps did.
If he is bringing back the Nova Corps, then that fucking blows.

Oh right, branching timelines and all that. Man, I just want Guardians 3000 back. I'm still sad about all those dropped plot lines.

>why are the Stark robots
>what the fuck is Geena and what is she supposed to prevent/fix
>what is Rael Rider's true heritage and what is the Nova/Spartax alliance
>what trippy time-bending cosmic odyssey does King Peter go on to wind up being Quill's ancestor and possibly the first Star-Lord

Secret Wars derailed the whole thing and Guardians of Infinity was okay but really disappointing as a follow up.

Bendis doesn't draw the comic, user.

Probably doing both? I know he teased the Bakian Nova family in his twitter and the solicits mention a Nova corps.

The thing that gets me about Rael is that she had Rich's Nova Prime helmet aside from having a helmet herself we also never found out if she was Robbie's or Rich's descendant, probably great grandkid sonce she was over 100 years old.

Yeah the Peter Quill from the fiture who is really present Quill's Great great Grandpa was something I wanted to explore further.

Fuck events, seriously.

That whole costume and mask is anime as FUCK

I kinda like it

Well the helmet was scrapped because Gunn said it made Quill look too much like Iron man and he thought his hair sticking out made him more casual looking and relaxed so they went with that.

>"scavenger" vibe
I was about to say that like I can see him going around in a destroyed junkyard in some other planet looking for ship parts.

> GoTG 2 ends with Quill earning a officers rank in the Zandarian Military the Guardians are offically a force for good in the Galaxy.
>"Do I get a Uniform?"
>After Credit shows Thanos moving towards earth.
>aftercredits for Thor: Ragnarok Shows the Nova Corp, Zandar, The Ravangers, Thor and Hulk prepping for something
> We see Star-lord in his DnA Look resolve on his face he puts his helmet on
> "TO EARTH AND STEP ON IT!"

She's cameltoeing the shit out of her uniform.

Thanks god you're not a writer

But in exchange we've now got a sexy Star-Lord.

I swear Kris Anka is trying to kill me by drawing him like this.

Fuck that, give us DnA Star-lord back

Not happening, DnA deaged and then killed him first. Stop crying about it.

DUDE NAZIS LMAO

>You feel it too, don't you?
Not really. I'm more a DC cosmic man. I'd be on suicide watch if I liked Marvel at fucking all, though, so you've got my sympathies.

Star-Lord will use his red costume on Infinity War though. It's on that preview video.