What went wrong?

What went wrong?

evil speedsters every season

Season 1 went great, and they were too scared to deviate from the formula.
Also too many Speedsters spoils the Speedforce.

Caitlin's not a nudist.

>tfw no patty

Fucking bottom-barrel love interest 'drama' that was the same regurgitated hash from every other piece of super media ever

And that was just season 1

tried to be too clever with Zoom's identity, wrote themself into a corner and had to resort to the least clever answer anyway after wasting half the season

Season 2. But 3 hasn't been too bad and the Gorilla arc looks great.

Gave up after s2, is this seasons baddy a Speedster?

>Started off the series implying major time travel shenanigans and then suddenly said "okay, no more time traveling because a spooky ghost doesn't like it and also Jay told me time cracks like a tea cup"

>Barry isn't fast. In fact, in a recent episode him and Wally can't even catch up to a SUV full of thugs. He's constantly getting his ass kicked because people who move at normal speed can still beat the fucking shit out of him

Its basically boiler plate CW show, lol.

Speed God.

So yes, absolutely, he's just like...super fast guys. Like even faster than fast.

It's dumb.

They were using speed dampenning weapons + Barry wanted Wally to win

>using live action actors means you can't just kill off characters or introduce new characters or have characters only show up a few times in an episode
>being live action means super power moments are limited
>because it's live action the writers have limited access to DC lore
>all references to the Justice League will just be foreshadowing, if we do get see the Hall Of Justice it will probably be in an epilogue where we see every CW superhero in their new costumes
>all references to major DC characters will just be Easter Eggs. We'll never actually see Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Batman
>because it's live action well never see heroes in costumes that look like the comics. All the costumes will look like normal clothes with murky colors

Well... when your main character can move almost as fast as a bullet I do imagine writing legitimate threats is difficult.

Continued after the literally perfect first season.

Literally the only good season 2 episode is Flash Back and that's because we see Zoom-Wells again.

It's dumb, but I really do feel like Rebirth has killed it. Like I was only watching it for a Flash fix because I was so bootyblasted about comics but now Wally is back so I just don't give a fuck.

>Literally perfect first season

It was mostly good, and the hype train with Sup Forums was fun, but there were still plenty of problems with the characters and their damn relationships. These problems were only exacerbated in later seasons.

But this is what writers don't understand. Superhero shit is about more than whooping a bad guy's ass. Superman doesn't spend all day going around giving beatdowns. He catches a plane falling from the sky. He stops a bus from crashing. He saves people right in the nick of time. It's rare that The Flash series has Barry use his powers in that way, and when he does have to rescue people from a disaster it's because a metahuman just took a meta shit and knocked a building down. It shouldn't always be about some bad guy, and the fact that they rely on the bad guy of the week formula actually makes it worse every time they do it

That too. No nudist Patty.

One of Wally's greatest issues was about him and some woman falling out of an airplane.

This, just bugs the shit out of me every episode. Why did they choose to have Caitlin wear clothes?

>villain of the season is always a Speedster that's faster than Barry

But Barry is the fastest man alive. He says so in the intro...

It's not a bad show, but after a while it just seems like it's the same shit over and over again.

The flash is running in circles.

Same person?

Yes. Why let the hot women wear clothes?

They keep forcing LGBT & interracial "diversity" and keep making terrible modern culture references to let the kids know the show "intolerance" is uncool... Ex: Beyonce being mayor in one episode in the future. Constant snappy black ebonics twists on words to seem snappy yet inclusive over Barry's intercom from Cisco and Wells' daughter and Caitlin.

>speed dampenning weapons
Uh.... huh.

Not just this but also Barry shouldn't need a peanut gallery either and only serve purpose of padding out episodes where they don't even need to be.

He needs people to tell him to go fast. Explain.

this. like season 1 is still the gold standard, i think the only other season that has been as good across dctv is arrow season 2. but s1 was also not without its growing pains. it had an ok beginning (ep 1-6), a more solid middle (ep 7-16) and a fantastic end (17-23). that fantastic end is pretty much the most remembered part of the series, as everything they built up with thawne finally begins to pay off.

they pretty much tried to replicate that same feeling with jay zolomon, but failed to realize what the appeal of thawne was. season 3 is doing better on that end - savitar is kind of a lame CG villain but you can't say he's a reverse flash knockoff like zoom was

>Beyonce being mayor in one episode in the future.
she was a senator on earth-2, you philistine.

in all seriousness, you're wrong. back to Sup Forums with you.

No one in the team as any idea of science or science fiction (Neither does Johns and he had a great run), it's on the CW a channel aimed to teen girls, too many niggers, pathetic attemps at diversity, bad actors, bad acting, a flash that isnt really fast. And "you gotta go faster varri"

Seeing colored people on television upsets him.

>Its on the CW
>Forced teen tier drama
>Costumes are wildly inconsistent like they cant decide whats too silly, varying from good, to shit, to no costume at all
>Barry is fucking retarded because he forgets half his powers, needs constant coaching, makes repeated mistakes, and his forensic background is practically forgotten
>About a dozen people know his identity, and team STAR Labs doing everything for Barry is fucking dumb
>Rogues are nonexistent
>Reverse Flashes characters are all mixed up/OC
>Every season big bad has been an evil speedster
>Iris is annoying
>Caitlin has to find new ways to become relevant, whether its about a failed love interest falling for her poison womb, or her afraid of becoming evil because of reasons.
>I want to punch Cisco in his fucking face, Vibe powers are whatever the plot needs them to be
>Characters are forgotten entirely like Dr Light and Pied Piper
>Completely wasted the Jay Garrick mentor thing season 2
>Not ginger Wally

>Running in circles
Thats practically how he sloves every problem on this show

Its a bad show, it's just that you are a dumbass that only watches cartoons, capeshit and popcorn movies at the cinema and crap tv.

Flash was always a bad show, but it used to be a fun interesting bad show.

>Decide to use Music Meister for a musical episode
>Dont give him an over the top outfit that compliments his ridiculous but fun ability, but instead hes just another guy in a suit
This is just as fucking retarded as Mirror Master (or the rest of the Rogues for that matter) not getting a decent costume. You have Wally running around in that dumbass yellow getup but somehow we cant get half the villains to suit up? Someone over at CW has a leather fetish

Fuck off, and that is retarded, i was pissed when in the dr strange movie they named her, she isnt big outside america. for some reason American media seems obssessed into make her the new Madonna or Cher or something like that, She is a known pop star, why pretend she isnt a dumbass?
If that user finds that pandering he is right, shut up about Sup Forums not everyone who dislikes that is from that board

the outfit is bad but no NPH is worse

NPH is busy with Series Of Unfortunate Events

Dr. Light is still running around naked.
Pied Pier is supposed to be their friend now, but he is never seen hanging out with them.

Well that's...unfortunate.

wow you're a fucking idiot dude.

Calm thine tits.

Wait what? Did we watch the same show? I'm a pretty big Sup Forumsack myself and saw nothing SJW in entirety of 3 seasons. Of course judging by how characters are written, especially Iris, you can try to imply that but it was never actually shown. Are you alright?

>BLACK
>FUCKING
>IRIS
I want my fucking redhead you bastards. How would you mother fuckers feel if we made Mr. Terrific asian or made Luke Cage white english. You fuckers and your damn race cards.

Yes, white redhead nudist Iris please.

>Cher

Who? Even I know who Beyonce is.

But Iris is brunette not redhead. She's not even a natural born West, she's adopted from the future.

Fucking casuals.

>Focusing more on cheesy garbage than actual powers.

Throwing the Rogues away to Legends

And to wherever the other living villains went.

I know Cold and Heat Wave are currently unavailable to the Flash show, but why not use Mirror Master and Top more? Or Weather Wizard? Or Tar-Pit?

Nothing really, it's fun. More than I can say for Supergirl, Jessica Jones or Luke Cage

I've been wondering that a lot myself.

Everything.
I don't understand why people like season 1. Barry is constanly beat up by usual people with unusual weapon. In one episode the science guy was held hostage in some mansion and build a ice gun out of shit and sticks, after that he was asked to build a gun that turns everything to gold, so he did, and guess what they did with it. They went robbing bank, with a gun that shoots gold.
The show was garbage from begining and you know that.

It wasn't actual gold and they established in that episode that robbing banks was just a bonus. The real prize was the thrill.

If there is one thing Supergirl is really doing right this season, it's utilizing the rogues gallery. Metallo, Livewire, Cyborg Superman, etc.

Hatley Rattwell confirmed for costume designer (remember his comment about leather?)

Season 2 ending shitting all over Barry's character development in that season.

Wally is the new Felicity.

Where the hell is Hermes in the midst of all this God of Speed bullshit?

They didn't understand what made Wells work.
Wells/Thawne was Barry's most personal enemy.
Zoom and Savitar are just boring one-note shit villains.

The ending didn't do that. The penultimate episode did that RIGHT after the development took place.

Ironically, the pace of each episode was too slow with tons of filler. I just want my fast runny man.

Why do these shows keep replacing redheads with black people?
Wally
Iris
Jimmy Olsen
Hawk Girl
I think I'm forgetting one or two others

Because the actors got other gigs.

Mirror Master and Top are supposed to return before season 3 ends anyway.

Why do people pretend Iris is redheaded when she's almost always had brown hair?

The Iris with red hair is Wally's daughter not his aunt.

ok, lets ignore hair colour
WHY IS SHE A NIGGER?

It's a mystery

We may never find out

They only thing you're right about is the interracial. The west kids like their lovers white.

Who knows man

That's brown

And this is just proof that normies should be seen and not heard. Cartoons are not the source material.

Black people everywhere see her as a god, friend.

No idea

Because they casted the dad first based on talent and wanted the actress to match. Still doesn't make sense to pretend like her hair shouldn't be brown.

>based on talent
based on "fuck you comic fans, white girls father will be now white because we say so"
fuck off, not muh Iris West

Looks pretty red to me.
And way more people know the shows than the comics. Either way, the point still stands

Hawkgirl was the biggest offense. A fucking CUTE redhead replaced by a straight up horse teeth having black girl made me sick

I didn't say it was wrong or right, just saying that was the reasoning behind it.

That's not what red hair looks like in Manapul's art style. And why would you use one adaption to complain about the other when they both are wrong?

Kendra was never a redhead and was always brown.

Seriously, Sup Forums, you're embarrasing yourselves.

>it's red
>that's not what red is in this guys style
>3 other pictures from 3 other sources of her with red hair
Hmmmmm
That doesn't look like a horse mouth African to me

>le casuls it doesn't matter if shes a half horse half black terrible actor because one time she was a little tan

Go fuck yourself nerd

That's kind of a bad example. It's pretty obvious they were only interested in using the Kendra incarnation of Hawkwoman.

Nothing went wrong, it was already on the cusp of bad.

But Professor Zoom was literally written and acted pitch perfect that no one cared.

We've already seen the Hall of Justice

ITT: A lot of people don't understand that actors work multiple jobs and shows have to work around that

>my name is Barry Allen and I am the fastest man alive
>literally every season some dipshit shows up and is faster than Barry.

I like the show but man this is getting stupid, can for once Barry actually be the fastest man alive and actually use his speed powers to BE the fastest man alive instead of the same old same old repetitive:
>X is faster that you
>you'd better get faster
> P E P T A L K
>Barry gets faster
>overcomes the obstacle in front of him
>next episode

It doesn't help that each iteration of Dr Wells is less good. S2 Wells was cool but S3 HR is fucking awful. He has some good lines but he's just annoying and there's no character reason as to why the Star Labs team even bother to keep him around. S1 Eobard Wells was a great rework on the Reverse Flash story and Dr Wells scooting around in his wheelchair being the mentor figure was just top /comf/. Also they ditched Captain Cold and without Reverse Flash the series is just scraping the bottom of the barrel for bad guy speed guys, but not having the og speed guy Jay Garrick as more of a regular character.

Well within the standards of entertainment that you mentioned, it's a good show. A good capeshit show.

>using live action actors means you can't just kill off characters or introduce new characters or have characters only show up a few times in an episode.

What does that have to do with live-action?

What went wrong? Eobard stopped being a main character. Which is ofcourse the reason for legends of tomorrow having improved

No, the reason LoT is improved is because they've (mostly) stopped pretending that the team can have any good ideas whatsoever.

I don't really have problems with race-bending, but it is starting to get weird that redheads are always the first to go when this happens. Wally West, MJ in Homecoming, Red in Shawshank Redemption...

What could it all mean?

>mj