Riddle me this /t/v - if Hulk's powerlevel is practically incalculable why is in every movie and cartoon he gets his...

Riddle me this /t/v - if Hulk's powerlevel is practically incalculable why is in every movie and cartoon he gets his ass handled?

Could you please go and discuss this back on reddit? Thanks.

It's called the worf effect or something and it's a shitty trope used by talentless cuck writers.

Sorry, I'm interrupting the Sup Forumsposting and BLACKEDposting?

>imply capeshit is better
It really isnt.

probably a way to show how strong the character fighting him is

>search "worf effect"
>first result: a tv tropes page
Fuck off.

He wins the fight in OP's image, though.

Worf effect doesn't apply to the Thor vs Hulk fight, not only because Hulk wins, but also because Thor isn't a character that's just being introduced to the audience. We already know Thor. They've even fought before.

Worf effect is when a new bad guy steps in and proves how strong he is by one-punching the pre-established strongest good guy. They haven't used Hulk like this to my recollection.

Nope. Thor does

>thinking tvtropes invented their tropes

Brainlet as fuck.

Because Thor is a god

Superman could clearly overcome Hulk by tackling him with supersonic speed and then just flying to the Sun, where Hulk would either be frozen to death or get burnt to ashes

Technically yes, but they're also introducing how strong Thor's thunder powers are.

Because hulk is one of those characters where if they actually used his full power level he'd just decimate whatever threat/enemy they face. Same with people like the flash, he's so fucking strong if they had him at full power he'd solve every problem within seconds so there's no story to be done. Bringing down OP heroes to lower power is the only way for it to make sense.

because the Hulk is one of the most childish characters in an already inherently childish genre, so no matter how much they pretend otherwise no writer ever wants to write the Hulk seriously because its just retarded. So they take every chance they can to have heroes who are marginally less childish to beat him up to try and justify their obsession with picture books for ten year olds.

His power level is how angry he is. If he's not that angry he can be knocked out.

So you are saying he want very angry at the arena? Really?

fuck off nerdfag

> Incalculable power level

Hyperbole

Fucking queers.

Thor doesn't win. The Grandmaster intervenes and he loses.

That's his standard rage, he gets his biggest boosts from more personal things.

In Infinity War Hulk beats Thanos after they show him a video of Black Widow getting spit roasted by Cap and Thor while Tony sips wine in the corner.

Well, he WOULD win easily in his powered mode
Hulk didnt stand a chance which is precisely the point of OP

TV Tropes came up with "Worf Effect." It's very much a TV Trope term.

>he WOULD win
Except Thor doesn't (which means I was right).

And, no, we don't know that. Hulk could have also gotten a second wind and pummeled Thor on his own.

>Except Thor doesn't
Well, we dont know for sure. When Hulk descends we see a farme where Thor comes to senses and extends his hand. And after that NO ONE (besides thor and Bennet) ever addresses actual outcome of the battle so we DONT know who actually won.

Therefore your statement about Hulk winning is incorrect.

No.

Based on what we see, he lost the fight.

>Based on what we see
>based on what I want think
doesnt work like that

No. Based on what I saw, and you saw as well (assuming you saw the movie).

You were wrong, I pointed it out. You can't let it go, so I will. Have a good one, dude.

No, you didnt I explained and backed up my stance that we dont not have definitive answer who actually did win in the end, the match purposefully ended with cliffhanger (last frame)

So no, no matter how many times you repeat it, liek a retarded autistic broken cassete recorder, you dont have answer, only assumptions

Hulk wins that fight

This.

that last frame was a meaningless, desperate attempt. Hulk knocked him out with that last blow. There's no ambiguity in how that battle ends.

That's how it should be. Making Hulk this limitless powerwell of smash is what's stupid.

If a sniper blew off Thor's head right as Thor was about to win, Hulk didn't win.

If Jeff Goldblum prevents Thor from being able to fight, Hulk didn't win.

Superman’s the worst. And Snyder messes up everything by making him overpowered in MoS.

Think you’re so smart. Samson and Hercules and Frankenstein’s monster and Mr Hyde and Lennie Small are all childish, too, I guess. Just grow the fuck up before you post this shit.

Hulk got the parade. That’s all you need to know.

Dex>Str

>thor
>dex

Pfft.
His main attribute is DUMB

Hulk's power is proportional to his anger, and is therefore inconsistent, depending on how he's feeling.

There is no upper limit, but in practice his average is finite.

He is actually on a the lower scale of his power in terms of comics. He does some crazy stuff but nothing that Reeve's Superman couldn't do back in the original movies. His greatest feat in the Synder movies is his speed which is demonstrated to be pretty fucking ridiculous compared to anyone except maybe the flash. Flying from one end of the world to the next in just a few moments is really fast.

There’s no reason to fight about it—it’s plot driven. Read the old Stan Lee stuff and every fight was compromised with plot, which made it more fun to pick your favorites. In Ragnarok, if Hulk doesn’t turn into Banner, he is still in the game, fyi. Banner shows up, Hulk lost.

People buy tickets for Thor not for Hulk therefore Marvel will make Hulk appear shitty in order to promote other heroes as stronger and fulfill all their wetdream fantasies

It is because Hulk movies have not really performed all that well. Even in avengers2, he gets KO'd by fucking Ironman in a new suit.

That’s where I’m getting at. The speed. But the strength could have been reined in, too. Batman standing up to him later, it’s a lot of suspension of disbelief. As a character, Clark has nowhere to go power-wise, either. The primary theme in the MCU has been, it’s not the X, it’s YOU (Spidey, Quill, Tony, even Banner in the end of Avengers, et al). Snyder boxed the DC universe in.

Nah. I bet Feige considers Hulk a bigger draw.

Hulk doesn't start at infinite power, the angrier he gets the powerful he becomes, you can technically suckerpunch him (hit him hard enough to remove him from combat before he gets angry enough). He's pretty much unkillable though so you at best only sent him far enough with the hit

It’s from the source material. Unlike Superman, though, Hulk has other drawbacks.

>Unlike Superman, though, Hulk has other drawbacks.

You're not reading closely enough.

Stop and ask yourself why Superman doesn't just 'fix everything'.

Superman is powerful but that doesn't upend the plot or destroy the setting because he has limits on what he will do -- and those come from his personality.

"Will not" is effectively the same as "Can not" when it comes to plotting.

Superman's ridiculous powers are offset by his personality.

That sucker punch was a really shitty choice to end that fight. I like the original concept design where Stark forced Hulk to eat a sleeping gas bomb and change him back to Banner. It was clever but I guess Marvel were afraid it would be their own 'Kryptonite' for Hulk.

Both hulk and Thor can for from falling from a fucking plane inside a killer box.

>Being this concerned about the muscles of a cartoon character.

So why doesn't Tony just build Iron Man suits for everybody?

how is that stroke treating you

Because the only people who wouldn't be handicapped by an iron man suit are black widow and hawkeye

>Superman could clearly overcome Hulk by tackling him with supersonic speed and then just flying to the Sun,
OH YEAH REMEMBER WHEN HE DID THAT TO DOOMSDAY? GOOD TIMES

Okay, well then at least give them suits.

>in-universe
Banner probably has some subconscious limiter effect during the Hulk's manifestation and also DUDE INSTINCTUAL MATH LMAO

>out-of-universe
He can't star in a solo movie and Disney doesn't want to scare the kiddies

This is also true in the comics by the way. The only exceptions are pic related, The Ultimates 1, and Future Imperfect.

Which Superman
Which Hulk
Hulk managed to out-fight Sentry, a Marvel clone of Supes.

Even if TvTropes invented that term, why is giving a name to a common occurance within TV a bad thing?

Are you forgetting avengers 1 you dumbfuck?

>so autistic you don’t understand that cutting to black when Thor is about to get punched = Thor lost

Incredible.

It's actually film related so yes it is better. Go cry somewhere else

I'm pretty sure Hulk is only as strong as he is angry. When the fight starts he's not using his full strength.

It's literally open ended and the characters even argue about who actually one in the movie

The strongest Superman has ever been versus strongest Hulk has ever been would put it in favor of Superman which is kinda strange to say when Hulk has some some seriously stupid feats but Superman is tied for biggest DC draw so his comics have been truly ridiculous.

it's just fake cartoons

It's fucking capeshit for chrissakes.

Also, it's a Thor Movie and Hulk's just a jobber.

Want a brainlet explanation? Hulk knows it's Thor, his friend, so he didn't went full World War Hulk.

Are you actually that dense?

Screen cuts to black after a blow is aimed at someone is universal for that person getting knocked out. Thor even wakes up in bed in the next scene, implying further that he got knocked out.

The bit about arguing who won with Bruce is Thor's arrogance being played for laughs, Bruce doesn't remember the fight so Thor claims he won.

I'd literally rather have those than cape/starshit. Fuck off

the story revolves around that plot point user

Trekkies invented it