Pitch and compare cartoon ideas

Let's all post our ideas for cartoons and other anons will tell us what cartoons they remind us of.
I'll Start

In a fictional northwest city in a cyberpunk future, a loser biology student finds a viking forge made by the Norse gods who were actual aliens and "magic" sword which gives him amazing abilities putting him under a threat by the mildly totalitarian government. He is then forcibly teamed up with a female clone of Anubis and an edgy marital artists to solve mysteries which all lead up to one huge paranormal conspiracy involving everything from ancient aliens to Roman cults controlling the business world. Also Kaiju.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1J2CzNnS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll post one I've posted in a previous thread like this.

Great Depression Hobo adventures, but with supernatural elements. 22 minute episodes with mild continuity, mainly for humor but with occasional serious moments if the situation calls for it. Episodes would sometimes feature around supernatural elements, sometimes not.

Six main characters, with ages ranging rom 19 to 82, with equal focus, none of them really being the 'main' main character.
Episodes would sometimes

Mother 3 but, like, a cartoon.

The best comparison I can come up with is a mix between Ed Edd and Eddy and Gravity Falls.

Sounds good. what do you think of my idea?

Funny thing is, one of the planned antagonists were, appearance-wise at least, essentially older male versions of the Kanker Sisters.

Day-to-day chronicles of six teens in 1980's Holland, surreal humor with occasional pathos.

One of the teens belongs to a multi-cultural athletic club, another works a number of odd jobs.

11 minute episodes, no continuity between them (one character could die in one episode, be OK in the next etc.)

Pfft, I dunno. Just off the top of my head.

What parts of the idea reminds you of the two shows?

inb4 kek-ai

The magical realism and continuity and the fact that a lot of episodes of Ed Edd and Eddy had a hobo adventures type feel to me.

Combination of Six-Teen and regular show but definitely better than the former.

I'm not familiar with the term magical realism.

More of a comic but the adventures of a girl and guy in post apocalyptic rust belt region. the girl is depressed and the guy is overtly upbeat.

Sort of like magical and fantasy elements applied to a modern (or at least post industrial revolution) setting while not relying on fantasy or supernatural horror style narrative tropes.

Oh, okay. Yeah, that's pretty much what I was planning.

Browsing of Sup Forums with host commentary and roundtable discussion. Animate the whole thing. Aim for an extreme late night spot on adult swim.

squiggle-vision (like Dr. Katz) comedy show set in the studio of an 'action news team'

a lot of improv comedy that riffs on current events & pokes fun at the news media. alternates between the style of delivering satirical news reports from the PoV of a viewer & the behind the scenes hijinks & mishaps of the characters as they struggle to get things right

Young woman learns that there's been a temporal war fought over her life by time travelers from the future since the day she was born. Each faction that appears in the present is from an alternate future than the faction that appeared before or after, so they all have radically different agendas.
Fed up by the fact that she's never had control over her destinry, the young woman decides to take her life into her own hands and does whatever she wants at the expense of everyone and everything she used to hold dear.

I guess it's sorts of like those old somethingawful Beesst Weekeend of the Web cartoons and MST3k.

A really edgy Teenager after they just read Stirner. Oh and I guess Time Squad

Yeah I was kinda thinking like a cheaply animated MST3K that people could just veg out to late at night. Maybe get some volunteer guest stars every once in a while like space ghost coast to coast.

You should totally have John C Reilly as Steve Brule, Eric Andre and Gilbert Gottfried as guest voices.

MC gets recruited into a gang of transhumanist not!yakuza, who are locked in a three-way gang war with alien-hybrid not!mafia and arcano-tech not!triads.

her ambition is to unite all three gangs under her banner and turn the megacorp owned shithole they are stuck in into an independent city-state. However the only reason she was able to get this far to begin with is she agreed to be a double agent for the Megacorps' private police. So she has to keep her secret benefactor a secret from her gang-mates, keep all three gangs from realizing she's plotting to size control of them, and keep her secret benefactors from realizing the full extent of her ambitions.

SPESS MEHREENS the Saturday morning cartoon

Motor city and a lot of 80s animes

Warhammer 40k.

Adventures of invincible, immortal being who, despite being tens of thousands of years old, looks just like the boy next door.

Comes across a wide variety of colorful characters, each one more bizarre than the last.

Has psychic (among other) powers he uses for both good and evil (as means of paying evil unto evil).

His origins are unknown, but will be explored in future episodes. 22 minutes.

Black comedy with strong elements of horror and the supernatural.

A dog is sucked through a magical portal to the mystical land of Bryar where he is the chosen one and must defeat the Dark Lord Skog, a wicked cronomancer that has used his wicked power to usurp the ruling kingdoms. There he must travel the lands, facing the dark lords hoards in search the four hidden temples of the eternal goddesses that grant magic to the world, within each temple lies a powerful weapon to aid in his battle. Along the way he is joined by the Princess Vippo, who is the daughter of the fallen King of Bryar and Eart the wizard who summoned him.
Also he's not a magical dog that can talk or anything, just a regular ass dog.

A school for young circus perfomers.

I like this one

Cartoon about a sprawling family of secretly rich, supernatural rednecks.
Guys who stay super buff and girls who stay beautiful well past old age due to pagan worshipping. They don't really lose energy as they age and they communicate with long dead relatives like drinking buddies. When I say they're a big family I mean they're a damn big family, they take up about 1/3rd of their backwoods, surprisingly populated town. The Clan has a couple dozen billion between the entire family and most of the town are either in debt to them or in their pocket, but they live relatively humble lives and don't care much for showing off. Most live in trailers, RV's, and other trashy looking homes while staying up to date on electronics and splurging on anything neat they find.
The show's comedy relies on the newest generation trying to talk to the non family members of the town, dealing with tourists, being in such a huge family, pagan worship, fighting a rival family that used to be much bigger but has since dwindled down to one feminine guy and his sassy but traditional grandmother, and just trying to pass the time.

So what you're saying is
>Her dream is to become a Gangster Star!
I dig it.

has anyone ever called into adult swims development meeting show?

Neat

Hopefully just as depressing as the game.

Maybe more, somehow

Three kids work after school in an abandoned silver mine. Two brothers and the middle sister try to gather enough low-quality ore to make their dreams come true. (pure silver is $18 per ounce, $582 per kilo) Living in a gas-stop town, what can they do when everything costs so much to ship to them? What will they buy, anyway? Ice cream? They try to maintain their normal lives while they spend half the time covered in mud and rock dust and being about as financially successful as a lemonade stand. Lots of arguing. Lots of double-dealing. Some mineralogy and geology. At least one "found a dinosaur skeleton" prank ep.

this sounds terribly mundane and boring.

what are you trying to get across with this plot?

Anything can sound boring when you explain the idea wrong.
Three children in a hole in the ground, hitting things with hammers. That's a lot of time to get distracted. To figure out a way to motorize a mine cart. To get involved with back-room shenanigans with the local pawn shop. To get into trouble over mail-order silver. To find they spent all their profit on butane to melt the silver. Think the Gravity Falls kids in a non-magic cartoon reenacting the Malcom in the Middle episode "You stole _air-?!". They've still got to go to school, in a low-population bust-town. How many shovels does it take to do your homework? Why are so many of them on fire?

It's like Community, except the protagonist is a human in a study group of animals, like Gym Partner is a Monkey. The llama girl in his group wants to plow him.

By Season 4 she will have plowed him.

It's a 80's american family sitcom satire but magic and aliens exist but it's seen as a nuisance and nobody cares

I will try to make this quick because I need to get to work.
In the future a corporation opens a ancient Egypt burial site and takes the mummy of the Pharaoh.
Sometimes later the mummy servant wakes up and finds his lord missing.
He leaves to find him, at this point in time earth has a considerable amount of aliens living on it so the people just assume that the mummy is a alien.
Anyway the mummy gets hired as a janitor on a spaceship while searching for the Pharaoh, the crew is our main cast as we follow them taking odd jobs and getting into the cross hairs of the corporation.

I think that's been done

Literally part 5 of jojo, except with multiple gangs and takes place in the future
I fuck with it

its a cute girl doing cute things and occasionally a hot gril bullys her inspiring hundreds of yuri fan art on tumblr

Three kids, a skateboarder an artist and a gamer, who are friends and hang out around a local gas station. They have crazy little adventures, think a mix of EENE and FOP.

In the last minute of the first season one of the friends is just gone, the other two question it but don't really do anything about it. Season two starts with a timeskip, the kids are now teenagers and are still dealing with their "missing" friend.

It's like tinder but for people who want to fight

it's like naruto but with street gangs

it's like Sonichu but Chris is now obsessed with Steven Universe

Are all of those one show?

no they are separate, but the first and second could work

Little bit of the Boxcar children in there as well?

So Reverse Beverly Hillbillies meets RE7

The Year is 2525. Humans have colonized most of the Solar System, with colonies on most major moons and planets. AI is a massive part of life at this point, with many regulations and rules regarding it's creation and use.

Meanwhile, on a remote mining colony on one of Jupiter's moons, A group of licensed scavengers are salvaging a mad scientists laboratory, left behind after a failed revolution against the Earth government. Inside, they find a robot of extremely dangerous capability.

This robot:
1) Does not have the three laws of robotics programmed in. He has complete free will.
2) Contains a miniature Anti-Matter reactor, which if destroyed could take out a large chunk of a planet
3)Contains methods of manufacturing self-replicating nanites, creating a possible grey goo scenario
4) Can look at and edit his own programming, making him singularity capable.
5) Contains Gene Editing software that can easily create deadly diseases (or heal injuries and plauges)
6) An almost childlike personality

Now the crew of the savage ship have to find a way to get rid of the robot before the government finds out they have The Most Illegal Single Creation Ever Made.

I'm not creative enough to come up with a full cartoon premise, or original characters, but I've tried thinking of what I would make. Best I've got is a few scenes and episode ideas. I don't even have a good reason why these two kids (older brother and younger sister) are travelling in this fantasy world. The older brother is basically Wirt from Over the Garden Wall, and the sister is basically Mabel,

The show itself would be about the brother and sister travelling the world, for some reason.

Ideas:
>Brother and sister hear of a nearby fire monster
>Try to avoid it
>Get lost
>Sister encounters fire monster
>"Maybe if I'm nice to him."
>Says hi to it
>He tells her that she should avoid fire
>Stay away from him, he's fire
>I'm a fire man
>Fire doesn't have friends
>Fire only destroys
>Fire man
>She... I don't know, says something about how if he destroys everything then there will be nothing left to destroy
>Whatever she says takes the wind out of his sails and he decides "Okay, maybe I shouldn't burn stuff just because I think that's what I'm meant to do."
The "Fire Man" is basically just a culmination of two ideas: That one bit in the Bionicles movie where the fire guy gets infected by evil (??) and acts like because he represents fire, it means he has to act like it, and someone describing Ulysses from Fallout New Vegas as someone who went overly autistic about the courier delivering a package that went badly.

I had this one other idea I was fond of. They go in search of a necromancer's old sword. They and someone else are looking for it, but somehow the girl and her brother get separated. The guy and the girl find the sword at the same time, and fight over it (she wants to destroy it, but he wants to use it or sell it). Somehow he accidentally stabs her with it and runs. (cont)

I feel a bit embarrassed sharing this these.

I think I forgot to mention that the necromancer who owned the sword had been vanquished and the sword was hidden in a cave or something. Anyway

She dies, only to come back to life. A ghost then explains to her that the necromancer designed his sword to steal souls and increase his own power, but since the guy never worked with necromancy and didn't mean to hurt her, her soul just went back into her body (or something).

The rest of the show is her and her brother trying to hunt down the sword. Him because the sword is evil and it needs to be destroyed, her because she hopes that finding it is the first step in fixing her. She does what she can to hide her condition from her brother. He questions why she isn't eating the food he's giving her, and stuff. Also there's one bit on the first night of her being dead where she suddenly gets out of bed, goes outside and whispers "The dead don't sleep", indicating that the can't sleep.

There was also this little joke I had planned where the ghost gets a skeleton to lead her outside, and she asks if his name is Skeleton Man (because of the Fire Man monster) and he acts offended.

It's a good thing no one cares enough to read these posts.

absolute fucking shit

People kind of already do this with stuff like /sug/ simulator

Weirdly sounds like some Rankin-Bass shit

The Mummy with hints of Rick and Morty

Alright, here's mine:

Basically there's this woman who is the protector/spy of a collection of villages ran by a dictator cat named Mr. Meow, who wants her dead since she represents the culture of the village prior to him taking over. He can't outright kill her however, due to the fact that she is so beloved by the villagers, so he attempts to get her killed by sending her on highly deadly suicide missions, only to have her escape them and complete them unscathed each time. On one of these missions, she meets a protector/spy from another set of villages, who she was sent out to assasinate. Instead, they realize they're on two sides of the same coin, and kind of end up teaming up. They end up learning that their villages are on the brink of war with one another, a war which would cause the destruction of the world as they know it. The only way to stop this war from occurring would be to find the Millennium Wizard, who only comes around one every thousand years or so to change the course of history. They venture around the world and meet up with a vast array of characters.

amnesiac guy and his friend who takes care of him can both do minor magic tricks. nothing to big just knocking over cans and shit. Then an imperial unit shows up and occupies their small town. They try to take his friend to which he tries to fight back. best friend takes the bullet. he flees, but decides he'd rather die fighting than be a coward. so he goes back to fight and that's when he hears a voice in his head telling him to just let it out. so he makes the "knock over a can" gesture and releases a giant blast that completely wipes out the imperial unit. The next day the woman responsible for the voice in his head confronts him and tells him that he is in fact that he is the 4th coming of christ, destined to change the world. Empowered by this he decides he's going to destroy the empire and unify the continent.

>It's like tinder but for people who want to fight
I would watch that.

The school setting's a little cliche, but it might work. I love the idea of fledgling circus performers, and seeing the characters grow into their talents.

wouldn't be very entertaining since the main character is indestructible, experienced, and attractive. what reason do we have to care? When you pitch these kinds of things there has to be some kind of human element. For example, alucard is the face of hellsing but if you remove integra and seras the series falls apart. Where's your mortal element? Don't have it be a stereotypical love interest either.

To add on, the soundtrack would consist of Asian psychedelic rock and shortwave radio sounds.

>It's like tinder but for people who want to fight
That actually sounds pretty awesome.
>in a world where magic and super powers are common some people just want to legally test their strength without waiting for yearly tournaments. the pocket fighter app is a godsend. Be ranked, challenge fighters of equal or greater rank, make teams to move up the ladder together. No evil conspiracies, no ancient evil, no gods. Just a battle show purely about doing battle.

In a sleepy New England town a young introverted girl discovers that she has the ability to travel into dreams due to her legacy as the latest in a long line of witches. She quickly discovers that some force in the town is causing unusual and supernatural events all throughout town, events directly tied to the emotional states of people in the town which has been devestated by the suicide of the star soccer athlete teo years ago. With the help of her small group of friends she attempts to keep the town safe and get to the bottom of the conspiracy involving several prominent members in the community, including a few teachers, with the purpose of awakening an elder god from beyond the stars, all while emotionally breaking from the pressure to keep everyone safe and discovering her own connections to the beast. .

It would be a mix between lower stakes slice of life and character development, higer stakes mystery worldbuilding with the inhabitants of the town, and absolutely batshit crazy dream sequences that run the gambit from hilarious to depressing to terrifying to incredibly hype.

It's seems like a mix of Hot Fuzz and ParaNorman

A story about five people in their late teens trying to get through life, each other, and their passion to make an electronic music band.

yeah i know it's pretty good a idea, i've been wanting to make it into a comic, but i'm so lazy.

i did make a short comic of it a long time ago, but it's really cringy, you can find it on /i/, i just recently added it to the thread.

i don't know if i would add magic and superheroes into the world, but the general of the idea is that most of the people who have the app are pretty much just teens and young adults, who think they're tough and like to talk shit, kinda like how tinder really is, the service is kinda full of swag fags and wannabe gangsters.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx1J2CzNnS8

>kinda like how tinder really is
i mean how most social media is

NEO NEW YORK/ N.N.Y: A continuity based comedy/adventure children's cartoon about a future in which New York is launched into space and transits round the solar system on its own orbit, visiting all the different planets once a year. A bit like a modern Jetsons-cum-Gravity Falls or a more continually sci-fi Regular Show, lots of send ups of modern metropolitan culture but its in space. Also the Subway is now a Superway with flying rocket trains.

Mississippi Mud Pies: Another episodic comedy show, about a restaurant in Mississippi that serves food that should be inedible and disgusting but is actually delicious, and is in a running battle with the PH-Men (pronounced Ef-Men), men-in-black like public health agents trying to shut the restaurant down, being heavily bribed by The Slow Council of Fast Food.

Cowboys Vs Ninjas: Janey "Red" McDead comes from a family of cowboys but wants to be a ninja. Tim "Shadow" Oshiro comes from a family of Ninjas but wants to be a Cowboy. They are best friends and teach each other their skills and go on wacky adventures, each wielding one of the others training weapons given to them by their parents (so they each have a foam katana and non-branded nerf gun). They fight cattle rustling yokai.

I essentially want a cartoon version of Mushishi

Hogs in space

MC has a near death experience and starts seeing crazy things others can't, monsters and other worlds through portals and the like. She encounters an old dude on a bench who explains the situation, since she's been so close to death she can now see and interact with other planes that others simply can't.

Being a fucking teenager she's not really into all that jazz and just deals with "rifts" or whatever if they interrupt her day. She gets a rep as a weird kid and just abstracts herself from high school and home life. After one encounter with a rift she finds she can, in riftspace or whatever, manifest drawings or sketches to aid her.

TL;DR- Emo chick with a art pad takes on eldritch horror while her life falls apart around her. 11 min format episodes with mild continuity that grows as episodes go on.

Sounds like a reverse version of XXXHolic

After years of smoking, drawing and playing Solitaire on his own in his comfy little cottage up in the stars, God is finally awakened to the outside world when a Martian arrives at his doorstep.

Explaining to him the vast Universe that has lived without him since it's creation centuries ago, he agrees to accompany her on an intergalactic Road Trip across the stars.
As they jump from planet to planet (of which there is exactly 99 with living life forms, called the Generations) they realize that a mortal God will soon face various enemies and rivals along the way.

Among them, the false Gods, near deity like beings whose constant infightings have left most of the known universe ravaged over several Wars.

Conquest, a Warlord who wishes to restore his planets former Empire to it's fabled heights, and unite the Universe to finally achieve Universal Peace for all Men.

Finally the Accuser, the devil like figure who has turned his homelands formerly divine religious nature into a twisted mockery of it's former morals.
At first he appears to be Pure Evil, but as the series goes on it's revealed that the Accuser himself is just a twisted version of what he once was, leading to a divide between Conquest's Empire and the followers of Accusers dogma.

Got a few other notes lying around somewhere, but the general Season idea would be just one episode for each Generation, save for an Arc for one or two Generations near the end of each season.

It's a lot of work, but I can get there.

Here are some random episode synopses for these shows.

Putting the Doom In Doomsday (Part 1 of 2): A huge rampaging sea turtle attacks the city, forcing the entire state into a state of mass panic. The government is at a loss for help, and recruits a team made up of previous fan favorite monster-of-the-week villains, led an alien that masqueraded as a student and befriended the protagonist, but also including some cultist businesswoman, an ancient Egyptian evil, the works. They get their asses whooped, forcing the protagonists to step in.

Three Strikes You're Out: An old friend of one of the protagonists, around 26, has managed to reform and become a mildly successful minor league baseball star on the west coast. The entrance of the protagonists is seen as a huge issue in the batter's life, as they wanted to completely forget that time in their life. The gang works together to try and help melt the batter's life, but it only succeeds in ruining the batter's chances at major league success when he becomes outed as a former hobo. However, the guys running the minor league still keep him around, as the people of the town still think he's a good guy, but his relationship with the gang is forever damaged. Sort of a downer episode. Throw in a subplot about some ancient baseball related curse affecting the region.

The Night of the Fire (Part 2 of 3): His wife dead and his son missing, Flint heads out with Alec, his father-in-law, to Drago Plateau to find him, in the process discovering new things about the world he lives in.

Cleaning Spring: One of the friends takes up a job as a maid for an unusual hotel out in the middle of the woods, with no walls, or floors, just beds and cabinets laid out in the dirt. It becomes increasingly clear that, though no people ever use the hotel, it is in fact home to a great many guests of supernatural origin. Their friends drive out during the night to get them to quit.

The Miners of Rollin' Hills: The guy, for some contrived reason or anther, decides to become a rock star. He decide to go full edgelord, playing in an abandoned mineshaft. However, the mineshaft isn't entirely abandoned, and is still operated by an army of almost entirely mechanical workers (who are actually regular people after decades of gradual organ/limb replacement), who don't take kindly to all this ruckus.

What'ya Playin': An episode all about ranting about the modern gaming community, filled with long humorous tangents on the quirks of the AAA gaming space.

Breaking News: A parody of the modern media impulse to report everything as BREAKING NEWS. It's a relatively boring day at the studio, except every few seconds the show is interrupted by BREAKING NEWS on either an incredibly minor and pointless occurrence or a rapidly escalating natural disaster that quickly becomes comic in its absurdity.

A Rose is a Rose is a Rose is a: A time traveling notebook comes to warn the protagonist that a close friend of hers, Rose, is in fact Space Hitler due to last week's temporal changes, and that if she doesn't stop Rose from dropping out of art class she will probably be assassinated by the end of the week. The protagonist puts it upon herself to reinspire Rose's love for the arts, going through extreme lengths to do so.

The Boy Who Cried Megacorp: A young child from the wrong side of the tracks is taken in by the alien-hybrid mafia. Through a strange series of events, the boy comes into contact with the transhumanists and MC. However, this young child is also an incredibly lucrative prospect for the Megacorp. As such, the MC has to decide between doing what's best for the gang (killing the boy), what's best for the company (killing the boy), what's best for her own ambitions (killing the boy), or her own loose sense of morals which tell her that killing a child is probably a not good thing to do.

Neat

Happy Tree Friends, but hard core porn instead of gore. Each ep. a different kinky fetish.

8/10 would watch it

Interesting