/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Star Wars Land Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.14: Legacy of Mandalore (February 18)
Poe Dameron #11 (February 15th)

>Rebels 3.13: " Trials of the Darksaber
mega.nz/#!ZIlFXRgY!OqC3-RV8vZ1pcD8k-mkn4IvTeGp23PyrY13gbyj5xsE

>Rebels Recon: Trials of the Darksaber
youtu.be/netG0u3D2F0

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUTwOijt2eY&t=9s
youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5mgjjfaeg
missangestgames.com/star-wars-avatar-creator/
twitter.com/starwars/status/832229306080169984
youtube.com/watch?v=bFu2IFdjCaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is she, /swco/?

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

Or die either is fine

Hail Mandalore!

>Oh what a cool looking Mando
>*quick look at filename*
>Nevermind.

YES IT'S TRUE AND HONEST CANON NOW

No, he probably just felt he'd been too harsh on them

>*quick look at filename*
Embarrassing, you're just embarrassing.

>Sith supposed to be gone forever
>People bending over backwards saying somehow there aren't any Sith artifacts out there
>New book confirms even Palpatine just left entire bases laying around full of them

LOL

At least I'm not a sabinefag :^)

>:^)
You still get worse. Amazing.

I think we covered that new Star Wars and the "no Sith" rule is pretty fucking stupid.

Prophecy should have just meant their line was broken for the first time in like...a thousand years or something and they never fully recover.

I don't even fucking like the Sith, if they could be gotten rid of I would masturbate furiously and wait to go knock over kids dressed as Maul on Halloween. But as it stands they can't realistically be gone. You got fucking magic fake-ghosts and shit that can teach you the dark side just waiting for people to find them and talk their ear off about how cool the darkside is and how their mom sucks and they should move out and become a Sith Lord.

i-is that lava?

Nobody has ever said there aren't Sith artifacts around.

We've seen dozens of them in the Lando comic, that were on Sheev's ship.

The reason the Sith are gone is because the Rule of Two requires the Sith to gain power and knowledge through the passing down system of Master and Apprentice. The Apprentice kills the Master once they are strong enough, making sure that every generation of Sith is stronger than the last.

So even if some rogue dark side force sensitive and his kid finds all the Sith artifacts they need to try and be Sith, they'd effectively be starting from the very bottom, and having to work their way back up. They'de have to make sense of the artifacts and powers, of which they're surely not even close to as powerful or smart to comprehend, and they'd need to begin the cycle of training and replacement for generations before the Sith are even close to as refined in ability as Sheev culminated as.

THAT is why the Sith are gone. That's why the Knights of Ren are a new faction. (Even if, admittedly, the only one of them we have actually seen is just a Sith fanboy)

>Nobody has ever said there aren't Sith artifacts around.
Tons of people in threads here said they are either magically dead, all collected or get "turned off" or some stupid shit like that.

>they'd effectively be starting from the very bottom
Nah, fake ghosts and holocrons can teach them. There are surely some failed Sith attempts at immortality that got trapped and bound to places like Lucas was going to show in the Clone Wars series too.

Also the new generation of Sith are just Sith that use the light side too. Just like the new generation of Jedi are Jedi that use the dark side too.

First comes the day
Then comes the night.
After the darkness
Shines through the light.
The difference, they say,
Is only made right
By the resolving of gray
Through refined Jedi sight.

I feel like this might all be Hidalgo's doing so that Jedi can throw Force lightning

>we never got Imperial Commando
truly this is the worst of timelines

The culmination of several thousand years of Force practitioners is merely: Just be a normal person, use the Force and don't be too much of a dick and abuse the power. But you can be a dick sometimes and abuse the power because that's what normal people do...THE END

Really seems lame to be honest.

>It took them millennia to come to this conclusion

>There will people saying religion held back its development and it was all the "dark times" of the Force and tons of religion bashing

Fuck my life.

>we are stuck with EA instead of Lucasfilm choosing developers based on what type of game they want

how does this make you feel /swco?
youtube.com/watch?v=XUTwOijt2eY&t=9s

rate my waifu why not

Made in 2012

nice find

The Jedi Order was screwed up and directly played the galaxy into the Sith hands.

It's not the religion what needs to go and it won't. But the church was indeed responsible for what the Galactic Republic devolved into.

Luke's order, whatever it may be after IX, won't be a collection of fedora-tipping nothing personnel gray Jedi edgelords. Pablo and the LSG understand what the dark side really is and that you can't freely flipflop out of it, but they also know how wrong the Jedi dogma was.

Good morning /swco/, I hope everyone's days go well

You know what they should bring back?

Force Wounds. The idea that the Force can be broken and wounded by a great many lives being killed off all at once is genuinely novel, and could open up new storytelling possibilities.

You too brother

go

That StarWars Park looks like fun.
Is this planned? That would cost so much, i think it has to run one generation to pay off.

Sure its lava. How else would you experience the full anakin->Nooooooo transformaton ride. And How would the medi-bay pay-off if not by repairing customers?

>they also know how wrong the Jedi dogma was.

Was it tho? They were guarding peace and justice in the Republic for a thousand generations, that's a pretty impressive record, much more so that the failed whatever Luke was doing.

What if Snoke is the canon version of Abeloth? Empire's End certainty teased it.

Does snokes identity change the story at all

I think it's just fanart.
>We will never have death star trench run version of Taron
youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5mgjjfaeg

I really love the art direction of the PT.
I love everything else about them too, but I really love the design choices.

Another picture.

It's a damn shame that PT planets won't be in any more movies.

>The Apprentice kills the Master once they are strong enough, making sure that every generation of Sith is stronger than the last.
That doesn't follow though...

I enjoyed the game, but sometime I wonder if I didn't get a bootleg version or something because I really don't understand what was so memorable about it.

>It's a trick, send no reply. Send no transmissions of any kind.
>Sounds like bait, to establish a connection trace.

next scene

>Tatooine is sparsely populated. If the trace was correct I will find them quickly master.

?????

What trace?

This is not PT bashing btw. The OT has massive plotholes too (why did Leia lead the Empire right to the Rebellion's main base etc...)

where?

I still don't get why Coruscant isn't the Republic capital anymore.
Its destruction in TFA could have been a real emotional stake, but no.
Let's destroy a literal where planet instead and hope people will care about it.

pt?

penis toucher

Prequel Trilogy.
I don't mean any offense but how new are you ?

Coruscant and Mustafar were in Rogue One, what makes you think they wont use any more PT planets?

Another little known fact is that Lucas's original TFA plan was going to include Felucia (obviously JJ cut that)

Dave Filoni even drew concept art for it, it's where the Rathtars would have been introduced.

With the rest of the movies being made by Lucasfilm, and more closely following Lucas's plans, there's no doubt in my mind that they'll make use of the Prequel planets again. I'm almost certain we're going to see Kashyyyk in the Han Solo movie even.

What do you mean?

>Keep your cartoon trash away from my cartoon trash.

what do you think of my waifu

to this general, rather new

>Another little known fact is that Lucas's original TFA plan was going to include Felucia
Sauce?
Sauce on Lucas's sequel ideas in general?

Destroying Coruscant would be seen as an ultimate fuck you to PT.

Also, destroying Coruscant is not worth a shitty movie and it wouldn't make it any less shitty.

welcome, make a waifu missangestgames.com/star-wars-avatar-creator/

I believe it's the Art of The Force Awakens book.

Sadly Lucas's original ideas aren't public (possibly because they're still following them for the rest of the ST), so we only have a few little details here and there in the TFA books.

>Destroying Coruscant would be seen as an ultimate fuck you to PT.
I still like the theory that JJ wanted to blow up Coruscant and they made him change it at the last minute.

>Sadly Lucas's original ideas aren't public (possibly because they're still following them for the rest of the ST), so we only have a few little details here and there in the TFA books.

Were there any hints on what the new trilogy might be about back in the 80's? I keep seeing people claiming the Thrawn trilogy is what was originally intended to follow up the OT but I don't know if it's true or not.

Post your favourite Star Wars wallpaper

Seconding this.
I'd like to have some infos about what RotJ could have been too. I heard a lots of rumors about it, including a finale on Coruscant and wookiees instead of ewoks.

Also here, take this pic related.
This early General Grievous concept art is my contribution to the thread.

>Were there any hints on what the new trilogy might be about back in the 80's?
Absolutely, it's called Return of the Jedi.

And I am serious too, Lucas did jump about with ideas for 7-9, and even 10-12. But when he decided to just call it quits with Return of the Jedi, he took the main story ideas and twists and threw them into the final movie. (Luke having a sister, who Lucas retconned to be Leia, the secret Emperor ruling with a new Death Star, ect)

I think Lucas wasn't even originally going to have Han be rescued in 6 either.

But once he made RotJ, for a long time he considered that to be the end. He'd told his story, even if he had rushed the ending. Post-PT interviews have him insisting there would never be an Episode 7, even with someone else making it. It wasn't until about 2013 I guess, did he change his mind and came up with the idea for another Trilogy.

Coruscant didn't actually exist when RotJ was first made though, so I don't know about that.

But the Wookiee's thing is absolutely true, Lucas was thinking about Kashyyyk for a long time, with it even coming to life in the holiday special.

Problem is, finding a bunch of 7'' tall guys to fit the expensive Wookiee suits is a lot harder than finding midgets and childrens to be little bears, so they settled for Ewoks.

Wonderful, fresh meat!

How will Maul suffer next?

During his duel with Kenobi he will trip and fall into the Pit of Carkoon

I'm hoping for the humiliation of getting done in by Owen Lars.

Speaking of that pit, didn't one of the new novels suggest Boba escaped from there?

Obviously they replied the second Obi-Wan walked into the next room.

No. Maul and Boba will be stuck in there.

Maul is suffering even more because Boba constantly tries to tell him he is 100% Mando and Maul has grown tired of calling him out for his bullshit.

Thanks for the keks

>Jar Jar's Log Flume

i missed the days of season one and two getting uploaded a week early. on their app

>tfw we will never get this

Episode description makes it seem that Ezra goes to Tatooine without Kanan. I have a feeling things won't play out the way we expect. I'm not sure how I feel about Luke potentially appearing, unless it's so he can witness Owen blow Maul's head off. But Luke hadn't seen a Lightsaber until he gets Anakin's.

Maul's suffering will probably and sadly soon be over. The sweet release of death is upon him.

twitter.com/starwars/status/832229306080169984

Rey has her hair down now

I don't care about NUwars at all, I just hang out in this thread to huff the fading fumes of childhood happiness.

gross.

thanks for the update

She looks much better like that.

What's swayed public opinion on the prequels lately?

TFA being meh, and RO being good

I know it sounds dumb, but it really did make people think, and re-evaluate things.

RLM going full retard didn't help the Plinkett drones, either

god dammit we gotta wait a whole 'nother movie for her to get a double sided saber

>meh
You're a more generous man than I.

I just love how the last two movies showed how much of a one trick pony RLM really are.

That as a dogfight ride would be cool.

Has it been swayed?
I wouldn't know.

I've (almost) always loved the PT though. I went through a phase when I first started going on Sup Forums and found out that the PT wasn't looked at as as good as the OT where I thought that I was in the wrong and that the people who "know about movies" (critics/older people) were right.

Of course, watch the world for a few years and you realize that critics and the gen pop don't know anything about evaluating art.

Also I became a fan of Lucas more than SW when I watched his other films.

Contrarianism and prequel critics often make them sound like the worst movies in existence, not to mention parroting RLM constantly.

youtube.com/watch?v=bFu2IFdjCaw

I think it's a combination of the core fanbases less-than-satisfactory reception to TFA, while Rogue One (an original story that utilized prequel elements) was much better received.

But also, the generation that grew up with the Prequels is now old enough to have their voice on the internet heard.

Plus TCW is widely watched and appreciated in the core fanbase, even gaining a cult following since it ended

>Tons of people in threads here said they are either magically dead, all collected or get "turned off" or some stupid shit like that.

Did they provide scholarly sources to back up their claims? If not then you have literally no reason to belive them. The comics and books already show there to be troves of Jedi and Sith artifacts strewn about the galaxy or scrounged up by the Jedi, Grakkus or Sheev.

good morning pablo

Why haven't we seen a humanoid character in the films dual wield light sabers?

We saw Anakin briefly.

This, also Grievous is you consider him as humanoid

Anakin, and a random background Jedi in the Geonosis Arena

And Obi-Wan in TCW briefly

And Sheev (worth noting that he explicitly had two lightsabers in RotS too, even though he uses one at a time in the movie)

Greivous is a cyborg, but he's not really human at all, he's half Kaleesh/half droid.

>the generation that grew up with the prequels

If you were born after 1985 you would have been in highschool at the oldest when the prequels were released

Likewise after 1995 you would have been in elementary school when they were released or younger

The bulk of Sup Forums both now and even 10 years ago would have been born in the 1980s and 1990s and yet the opinion has consistently been that the prequels are shit.

The only reason people are turning to favor the prequels is because people are retarded cunts who hate new things and now have TFA to project their hate on. The fact that TFA is less about telling a story and more about cashing in on Star Wars just makes it more hateable.

>and a random background Jedi in the Geonosis Arena
I know exactly who you're talking about lmao.
I've watched these movies too many times.

I was meaning more like a character who always uses two like Ventress (only posted the Kit Fisto cause he's the best)

>but it really did make people think

I was born in 96 and i'm very vocal about my love of the PT.

Also my now 55 year old dad was the one who first showed me the VHS of The Phantom Menace, so SOMEONE liked them even back then.

yea
for the record, I don't like the prequels but at least they tried to tell a story and be unique
TFA is a blatant cash grab

>I don't like the prequels
Why?
Specifically, what about is it about TPM that makes it worse than ANH?

ITT: We guess the name and plot of the remaining ST movies

The Last Jedi.

Star Trek movies?