NARNIA NEWS: Joe Johnston will direct the next Chronicles of Narnia movie–The Silver Chair

What you guys think of it? What is your favorite Narnia movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

crisismagazine.com/2008/tolkiens-no-to-narnia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How much longer are they gonna try and make this a thing?

The best book is the first one and I was salty they skipped it.

Susan in the movies was EXTREMELY attractive to me.

It's always been a thi

I always thought the Golden Compass was part of Narnia for some reason. I have watched neither

True, the chapter where the kid first arrives at Narnia and the sun comes up was so beautifully written, would've made a good movie moment.

They were going to do it in publication order, probably still are going to do it that way.

I just hope that they bring the original actors for the last book. They just show up in the end anyway.

Reminder that the Chad Tolkien bullied the Virgin Lewis for making a fantasy world that was an incoherent mishmash where Santa Claus existed besides Greek gods and Nordic dwarves and Jesus manifested himself as a fucking lion.

call me when they get Terrence Malick or Zack Snyder to direct one of these narnia films

OZ > Narnia > Potterverse > Middle Earth

Fuck off with this bulshit, tryint to taint a huge friendship between some of the best fantasy authors of their time with this chad/virgin obssession of yours.

FOR NARNIA

Fucking retard

crisismagazine.com/2008/tolkiens-no-to-narnia

>OZ > Narnia > Potterverse > Middle Earth
> Potterverse > Middle Earth
>Potterverse
>verse
>er
>re
>reddit

I thought they gave up on this franchise.

Its true. Middle earth is boring as fuck. Tolkien is the best writer on a technical level, but those other worlds are just better.

Nigga, I know this already, this is common knowldge. The point is not that they have disagreements and discussions, the point is that you are a meme spouting faggot that can't comunicate without memes. Even worse, you get the memes wrong.

name 1 good joe johnston flick, ill wait

user is right, characters, motives, moral lessons and themes are all sub-par, what truly makes good literary art is

world.

Narnia and Pottshit don't even count as worlds, they are more empty and one-dimensional than a video game. They exist for the sake of the story and bend over backwards to accommodate it, instead of the story taking place in a real authentic place.

Why the fuck you have to turn this into dick measuring contest?

Captain America and Rocketeer

Narnia has been in Middle Earth's shadow for decades. And more to the point because these very bad movies were clearly trying to sweep up the same popularity as the LOTR trilogy.

Hack or not they are more interesting. Heck you can throw Wonderland, Fantasia and Artemis Fowl up there too.

The Hobbit and TLOTR are special DESPITE the boring setting, not because of it.

You keep treating it as a competiton. Why?

Are all the movies in the same continuity? I know the first two are...

Yes

These movies are the definition of “oh yeah, that happened”
soundtracks are nice though

but they went to heaven didn't it end?

Still mad they're half rebooting it and recasting all the actors.

You're right that they skipped the best book which is the Horse and his Boy

Why couldn't they start at The Magician's Nephew tho, renew the franchise?

How the fuck are they going to handle The Last Battle? That shit is bizarre and so heavy handed even in book form much less in a movie.

There is no other way, Eustaquio is almost 25.

Be glad that it is starting right after the last movie.

MY NIGGA
picked that shit up not knowing it was part of the series, read it over & over a million times

It;s really good even if you are reading them in order because you think "oh hey, it's another slice of Narnia that's vaguely connected to the franchise but starring all different people" then the Pevensie siblings come in about 3/4 into it as the aged nobles they are right before the end of Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe and it's a really cool re-introduction.

Could've at least kept Liam for Aslan. Still hoping they will.

arent these christian movies? how can hollywood ruin them since they hate christians.

when we get more?

They start filming next year

I thought they were gonna reboot this?
first movie was amazing though, had some great visuals and the CGI was pretty good too. second one was ok as well. third was kinda messy and rushed, not even worth watching

>Horse and his Boy
This is the only good Narnia story.

They didn't skip The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe though dude, that was the very first one they did.

I bet you watch Star Wars chronologically too you braindead moron.

I rewatched the third one and I quite liked it, there is a lot of heart there.

Actualy, I cant think on a "family adventure movie with young protagonists in a magical land" that tried to capture a similar feel since there. Reminds me of Nerverending Story.

>potterverse

when will they make more christian movies due to how profitable they are?

>They were going to do it in publication order, probably still are going to do it that way.
then why is there no comic adaptation of any of the films?

What is has to deal with anything?

say it with me, Sup Forums:
F L O P
L
O
P

ok name one more nad nothing big budget since that is how he survives.