Why does Sup Forums pretend to like the prequels?

Why does Sup Forums pretend to like the prequels?

2 possible reasons:
>Gen Z fags were raised on the cartoons and shit and probably have more of a connection to the flat boring horribly written characters than people who only saw the movies.
>Sup Forums is the heart of internet trolling, nothing pisses off sane people more than shitquel apologists answering every valid criticism with a RLM or Disney insult.
I think the latter is the larger group.

I unironically like Episode 1, Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor make that film, plus duel of the fates and Darth Maul? Fantastic shit

Episode 2 sucked, 3 was a bit dull, 7 was alright but didn't feel anything like Star Wars to me, I didn't really care for it but it had its moments

The spinoff film though was fantastic, liked it better than Force Awakens

Patrician

As i've learned recently, there were people that were 5-10 when the prequels came out that genuinely think they're great movies from their childhood.

I also think that episode 1 is the best out of the prequels. Yeah, child Anakin fucking sucks, but he sucks much less than adult Anakin.

As a kid I liked the duel with Maul just because he was a cool looking character with a cool saber. Watching it now its boring as fuck way too choreographed the place is too much like a videogame, not as bad as the horrible III duel.

That being said, I is still he best of the shitquels, still leagues worse than any of the OT though. And everything about the Jedi or Anakin is fucking dumb.
If they had swapped out Liam's character with Obiwan and had Anakin already be his apprentice, but not a faggot like he was in II. It would have been a great movie.

Yeah but they have to be 18 now to post here.

they shoulda made jarjar the sith lord

bluray hold so much, why not put all movies on one?

Episode 3 was 12 years ago

id buy dat

PM had Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley

Because most of Sup Forums grew up with them.

how is that a good thing?

edgy contrariasm

Nostalgia and/or autism. They are unironically terrible.

The only thing the prequels did right was create new worlds and lore and some cool looking designs. NuWars can't even do that right.
>lol it's even BIGGER

>They are unironically terrible.
Fuck you Empire strikes back was great.

How can anyone say it isnt?

Sup Forums is now filled with people who grew up watching the prequels. It's the same reason why people here jerk over the Raimi Spiderman films.

He was talking about the prequels bud

this guy got it
however..
>the podracing part