Pictured left to right:

Mr. Shine
Stitches
Jackie the Blade
Mr. Pibbles
Knuckles

One protects you, the other four try and kill you

choose wisely

I'd probably take Knuckles, he looks like he knows a thing or two about roughing people up. Mr. Shine looks too goofy to actually accomplish anything, and Mr. Pibbles looks like a stiff breeze would knock him out. Stitches would be my second choice, but he strikes me as the "pretty boy" of the group and probably doesn't have much combat experience. Jackie is pretty clearly the newcomer and out of all of them he'd probably be the least useful in a fight.

Mr pibbles is the smart choice as he has the highest CHA score

I sincerely doubt a high CHA is enough to stop four gangsters with murderous intent.

this nigga never played tabletop games

OP specifically stated "the other four try and kill you", which I assume means they've moved past the point of talking and are going straight to guns.

Yes, and?

Jesus Christ those Hanna Barbera dwarf designs are jarring compared to Jack.

Jack looks downright creepy with those reptilian eyes.

Mr. Shine. Everyone underestimates him, so I'm sure he has some skill that could come through in a life or death situation.

Which one of them knocked Jack out when he almost solved the plot of entire series?

Who the fuck would ever pick Jackie.

Pretty sure it was Stitches.

So I'm supposed to choose between a skilled warrior and four manlets?
Stitches.

Stitches looks just like Genndy. Are the ithers charicatures of various crew members?

I hope no chooses Jackie. That 10 foot lanklet freak would probably have a heart attack just from pulling a trigger

I wonder what the odds are that Jackie is actually a really badass warrior who just happened to join up with the others and is biding his time?

One of them is not like the other. Which one is it?

Knuckles is on a unhealthy diet.

Mr. Shine can't bother himself to stand up for a second which greatly offends his companions.

Mr. Pibbles looks like someone who has studied the blade. I wouldn't be surprized if he secretly turned out to be a samurai or some shit. Easy pick.

What about Matches Malone?

Mr. Pibbles.
A gangster that scrawny has to be a hardcore motherfucker.
Mr. Shine looks too wacky, Stitches is all talk, Knuckles'll probably kill you to save his own neck and Jackie is the token new kid.

Mr. Pibbles, easily. Behind that dopey look, you know he's got a few cards up his sleeves. Bet he would make Demongo look like easy-mode.

*Jack looks downright creepy with those ASIAN eyes.

ftfy, no need to thank me.

For real though I actually really appreciate how this show doesn't shy away from including/emphasizing ethnic traits in character design.

It was really refreshing to see it in the first episode and is still fun to see later. You're kind of reminded that Jack's an Asian guy, and it overlaps with how he doesn't really fit in.

It for the most part works with the style. Like, having a black guy be actually black (i.e. your pick) is more of a homage to actual African art than it is a racial depiction.

*your pic

that's what really makes it work I think, most of the "caricature" aspects were taken from that cultures historical artistic representation of itself, which also adds to the "this is a legend that includes all Legends!" vibe quite nicely.

The fact remains that it's still a positive depiction even though its characters can be ethnically distinct from one another.
Something I think people can still take away as a positive

I can't believe people didn't know about the striking resemblance of Genndy HIMSELF in this..

>Mr. Shine

HIM DIAMOND

Don't be ridiculous

Stitches no question. Most likely the Lancer of the group. Good in almost every situation all around.

This is more a caricature of Golden Age Hollywood mobsters than anything else.

I really love that Jack went around the world as he grew up learning from a dozen different cultures and becoming a well rounded person in all aspects of his training from the people of the world to fight an evil that would end up preying upon the entire planet.

He's not just Japanese dude who trained in the mountains with an old master for 20 years and then came down to fight Aku. He's really one of those citizens of the world type deal and adds more legitimacy to being the one who saves the entire planet from Aku even if all those civilizations are replaced with weird future ones.

___ THE GAME_____

Knuckles. He looks like he doesn't chuckle.

>This was a positive depiction and was not at all a derogatory racial stereotype.

They were worse than the cats in The Lady and the Tramp.

Was referring to just the first episode.
After all I'm only just bingewatching the series for the first time now. I'm even on this very episode.