As a 20 year comic (CAPE comics mostly, yes...

As a 20 year comic (CAPE comics mostly, yes, before you indie dunderheads start virtue signalling) reader who eventually settled into a steady diet of Morrison, Busiek, and Miller, am I allowed to voice the opinion that this movie is an interesting take on the mythos?

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/2016/5/2/11565932/zack-snyder-justice-league
batman-news.com/2016/03/26/jesse-eisenberg-jimmy-olsen-batman-v-superman/
youtu.be/eCfU44cnbCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're allowed to say anything, it just won't stop the trolls and naysayers.

You sound like a pretentious dork. There's nothing interesting in this movie, unless you find it intriguing to make the characters dumb, grumpy and unreasonable.

>pretentious
there's that word again

No you can however say it's a horrible take on beloved and iconic characters and the worst movie ever made

Normal people don't talk like
> yes, before you indie dunderheads start virtue signalling) reader who eventually settled into a steady diet of Morrison, Busiek, and Miller, am I allowed to voice the opinion

dumb phoneposter

>Normal people don't talk like
But they do.

Anyway, this thread is a bust.
Maybe i'll try American hours next time.

>this thread is a bust
So you wanted an echochamber. You won't have it.

No, I wanted discussion.

>this is shit
Is just boring.

Ok.

How about these words:

Pseud
Poseur
Try-hard

Ask me how I know you're posting from a phone.

What's there to discuss? You didn't present anything to discuss. All I've got is how dumb it is. And I guess how bad I feel for Ben Affleck, Jason Momoa and Dwayne Johnson for the shape DCEU is in.
Maybe you could start by explaining WHY you think the movie has an "interesting take" on jack shit.

user have you ever stopped and listened what other supporters of this movie talk like?
Have you ever considered the tone and the volume BvS supporters used in the last months on this board?

>his movie is an interesting take on the mythos
Sure. But "interesting" isn't enough when the movie so very poorly constructed. There's idea and then there's execution OP.

No, I meant that I found the execution to be good.

Not that user, but I want to know as well.

Well it fucking wasn't.

Proofs?

Ask me why I don't care

Gimme a moment.

You can't use proofs for something like this, it's not fucking math.

SO AM I
STILL WAITING

You can; but you won't get any real discussion about MoS or BvS here on Sup Forums because a) it's clearly a marvel leaning board with movies and b) people on this board have autism so bad that they can't see characters doing/being anything different than what they read/watched.

Good films though

>am I allowed to voice the opinion that this movie is an interesting take on the mythos?
Why wouldn't you be? Do it. Post as much as you'd like about how much you enjoy it. I'd like to see it.

Well?

3 things
1. Of course you can have an opinion
2. This doesn't mean people cannot disagree with you
3. Your statement does not indicate that your opinion is more valid than anyone else's.

All in all, the criticism for BvS goes far beyond the deviation from source material,and the deviation itself is not seen as bad from the ga as long as the characterisations are good (for example audiences loved Nolan's Joker, Burton's Batman etc.

interesting =/= good and/or well executed

next

That's the thing though, it isn't an interesting take. It doesn't do anything new with the mythos. You can find literally all the aspects of the movie done better in other comics.

see
Why can't phoneposters be bothered to read threads before replying?

>ou can find literally all the aspects of the movie done better in other comics.
Hit me with the comics that do every aspect of the movie better.

>audiences
shiggy

>Maybe i'll try American hours next time.
We don't want to hear your self-satisfied preening, either.

t. Dave Sim fan

>it's clearly a marvel leaning board

Laughably untrue. You can't possibly be serious here.

Literally who?

are you fucking illiterate mate?

lrn2read

What's wrong with general audiences?
If you're gonna disrespect everyone's opinion, why do you ask us to respect yours? Are you here for hugbox and circlejerking only?

I don't dislike it for the way it treats those characters, I dislike it for not being good as a standalone movie.

Interesting take how? The forced "man vs god" analog that's abandoned in the resolution? The on-the-nose symbolism? The fact that they kill people entirely because Snyder thinks darkness and shock equals maturity? You're gonna have to help me out here.

>am I allowed to voice the opinion that this movie is an interesting take on the mythos?

Absolutely. You're allowed to voice whatever opinion you want. Just as I'm allowed to say it was a dour mess of a movie that wasted some of the most iconic characters in the world on angry growling while completely missing what makes those characters iconic and loved in the first place.

>The forced "man vs god" analog that's abandoned in the resolution?
how was it in any way abandoned?
>The on-the-nose symbolism?
like?
> The fact that they kill people entirely because Snyder thinks darkness and shock equals maturity?
Now you're just making stuff up.

Then you don't have to act like your opinion is the definitive objective one, duh

i love how i keep seeing new replies to the OP, yet the ip count remains the same.

Passive aggressive marvelfags i swear.

>> The fact that they kill people entirely because Snyder thinks darkness and shock equals maturity?
>Now you're just making stuff up.

didn't they kill off Jimmy?

BvS is a clumsy attempt to win back affection for Snyder's wretched take on Superman by incorporating Batman and elements of Miller's TDKR.
But instead of a very old Batman settling business with old enemies and facing off against a Superman who is literally a stooge for the White House, we get a vicious reactionary middle-aged Batman who is willing to murder people to get at Superman.

A Superman who is clearly and objectively trying to help people in danger, including thwarting a deadly alien invasion Batman was helpless against. Civilian casualties ensued, but because the collateral deaths were Wayne employees and not Lexcorp security mooks, Batman is driven to murderous rage against a guy who is doing EXACTLY THE SAME JOB HE IS.
This leads to a fight to the death that is inevitable only because both of them are angry, hot-tempered asses who refuse to discuss anything.

Luthor is there for practically no reason at all except to provide someone for Batman to steal Kryptonite from (rather than get it himself), and to hold MARTHA hostage.

How he convinced a group of thugs to abduct the dear mother of a guy who can fly at mach 10, see through walls and has shown that he will fly you through a wall and give no fucks is beyond me.

Snyder seems intent on driving home the point that Superheroism will drive you crazy, which was adequately explored in Watchmen, a film who's atmosphere he seems obsessed with reproducing in the Director's Cut Extended Universe.

Yes, but what makes you think that that was done to be "mature"?

it didn't go up with your post either.

maybe you should stop falseflagging

I don't know how they could ruin a supposed instant hit like BvS. And turn it into this mess.

>Luthor is there for practically no reason at all
>what is entertainment
Luthor's pathology is one of the most interesting things about the film. His rooftop monologue is captivating.

Superman comics in the 90s managed to do a better Lex than BvS
Death of Superman did Doomsday better
Golden Age Batman did Batman killing better than BvS
Frank Miller did Batman better
Paul Dini and Alex Ross managed to portray Superman against the government better than BvS
Grant Morrison did a better Superman in general, even a re-imagined one he did was better
Lois Lane was better in pretty much everything else she's been in
Jeph Loeb managed to give a better reason for conflict between Batman and Superman

The fact that it comes from the same guy who thinks it would be cool to have Batman raped in prison.

>ruin
In what way?

>to provide someone for Batman to steal Kryptonite from

And let's not forget they don't even SHOW that part. We seem him try, and fail. And then when they NEED him to have the Kryptonite, he just steals it offscreen, easy.

In what way is that proof?
e made a Batman movie and DIDN'T have him raped in prison.

Basically it also took vits of "whats funny about truth, justice etc." by making superman disagree with batmans methods but instead of outsmarting or even trying anything it goes to a boxing match that last 5 minutes, the titular bit of the film then its taken from one of the worst arcs of superman.

In every way. Superman, Lex, Doomsday, Batman. Ruined. Like if I actually had the script right now, I would just throw it in the garbage type of ruined. I want a masterpiece that would actually make people want and like to see it. Something more. I didn't get any.

>how was it in any way abandoned?
Because they humanized Superman and threw him into a generic team-up showdown, dingus.
>like?
The painful scene in pic related.
>Now you're just making stuff up.
I'm not. Snyder got into comics through Miller and Moore and liked them because they had sex and violence. He thinks that's what makes a comic good.

Snyder wanted Eisenberg to play Jimmy Olsen so he could kill a major actor to shock the audience. He only cast Eisenberg as Lex because he complained.

It's a bunch of "boo-hoo, I don't like my Daddy and God is shit", rendered even more moronic when it's revealed that he's literally working FOR an alien space God.

I have less issue with Superman's arch-nemesis being a twitchy spazz than with Snyder adding this completely nonsensical plot development to "set up" his next film.

The initial chase is a segue into Supes stopping Bats.
How is that a flaw?

because i had already posted in the thread you clever boy you.

maybe you should be upset about getting caught out.

>The painful scene in pic related.
That scene is great.
What didn't you like about it?

And a shot load of people thought that it was shit.

So just man up and learn how to live liking shit movies, instead of crying that you doesn't have a echo chamber.

You can say whatever the fuck you want
It'll have the same credibility and credential as every other cocksucker at this place

Isn't anonymity great

>It's a bunch of "boo-hoo, I don't like my Daddy and God is shit"
Reductionism is not an argument pal.

>His rooftop monologue is captivating
That's a funny way to spell grating.

I Supreme Court scenes interesting, so there's that, OP.

But the movie is a mess, they definitely didn't execute it well at all.

>maybe you should be upset about getting caught out.
What the fuck is up with this turbo-autist post counting in every thread?
Do you want to have a conversation or just play thread monitor? A conversation isn't going to have 400 unique posts in it. Get over yourself.

>And a shot load of people thought that it was shit.

>ad populum
At least try m8.

>Supreme Court scenes interesting, so there's that, OP.
...you mean the Senate scene? With the jar of urine? That scene?

Civil War was a better movie. It was better structured, the finale actually was dramatic, and its villain didn't make me cringe.
BUT that doesn't excuse many stupid fucktards who point out Martha scene as one of the key flaws.
The only flaw in this scene is that Snyder tried to make a parallel too hard.
Batman didn't let Superman live because their mothers shared the same name, but because it was the first time he ever saw him as a human being with his own goals and worries, not as a dangerous force claiming to be a god. How is that so hard to understand you morons?

The fact that the dialogue and symbolism had the subtlety of an atomic bomb and that Eisenberg's character is an obnoxious little shit whose obsession seems to be shoehorning basic "poetic" observations into everything that happens.

Speaking of which, all the meaningless literary references like Lolita and Icarus; more examples of how bullshit Snyder's vision is.

>Because they humanized Superman and threw him into a generic team-up showdown, dingus.
oh i see you're retarded.

Nigga the man v god thing wasnt abandoned, it climaxed with his death and the afterwards funeral sequence.

>The painful scene in pic related.
I'm not sure you understand symbolism

>I'm not. Snyder got into comics through Miller and Moore and liked them because they had sex and violence. He thinks that's what makes a comic good.
You really are mate, i mean

>Snyder wanted Eisenberg to play Jimmy Olsen so he could kill a major actor to shock the audience. He only cast Eisenberg as Lex because he complained.
this is absolute bullshit, only truth to it is Eisenberg auditioned for Olsen.

Relax Socrates, you need to come up with some arguments at some point instead of just being a faggot.

"I've baited the hook, now to shitpost easy-mode!!"
This is your last (you) from me, Troll-san.

You know what would had been interesting?
has the actual scene instead another boring cog on luthors plan.
Let Superman talk, he wasn't discredited by that bit, he just seemed ineffectual, but that didn't tell or do much we have seem hin be that the whole movie.

i honestly have no clue what you're talking about but Christ you're retarded, its not difficult to notice constant (you)'s to the OP and see the ip count staying the same.

I mean shit why do you act so defensive, pretending to be different people isn't discussion, its just sad.

I agree. I personally find other recent comicbook movies to be uninteresting. Maybe because they have pretty showed their hand and have nothing different or new to offer. I feel like they play everything too safe and predicable.

>It's a bunch of "boo-hoo, I don't like my Daddy and God is shit", rendered even more moronic when it's revealed that he's literally working FOR an alien space God.
Everything Ledger's Joker said was a bunch of "ha-ha, the society is stupid, chaos rulez, I'm an edgy rebel"
Everything Hiddleston's Loki said was "boo-hoo, mah father didn't love me enough, my brother is stupid, I wanna rule"
Everything Mckellen's or Fassbender's Magneto said was "boo-hoo, humanity is shit, kill them all, I am superior"

>Nigga the man v god thing wasnt abandoned
Yes it was. In every way. The whole point of the Martha bit is that Superman was as human as Batman. Then he teamed up with a regular person who was shown to be as powerful as him.
>I'm not sure you understand symbolism
I do, I just understand it without a fucking caricature pointing at it and saying "see? Symbolism!"
>You really are mate, i mean
vox.com/2016/5/2/11565932/zack-snyder-justice-league
>this is absolute bullshit, only truth to it is Eisenberg auditioned for Olsen.
batman-news.com/2016/03/26/jesse-eisenberg-jimmy-olsen-batman-v-superman/

who needs "arguments" when you have objective facts that every single thing about the movie is shit no matter what any loser on the internet says

No one is "pretending" anything you incredibly dense motherfucker.
90% of the people on this board won't touch these threads you make.

>objective
How can you be objective when you talk about movies and anything other than their technical side? Critic are just people with their opinions.

im not OP you stupid fuck

>Luthor
>working for ayy lmaos
Did brainlets really get this interpretation?

Lex is literally ranting about how Superman thinks he's "God on High" doing whatever the fuck he wants (which is ostensibly rescuing Astronauts and fire victims).

Then we learn that he's working for an Alien God who wants to dominate humanity.

Goyer and Snyder had no fucking idea what to do with Lex Luthor. And why even HAVE Lex Luthor at this point? He's been a villain in seven fucking Superman movies.

Why they didn't use Glorious Godfrey is beyond me, instead of turning Luthor into an unrecognizable pile of cringe.

>Batman and Superman are assholes
Why is that a flaw now? This movie just tries to portray them more realistically. It seems them nerds don't wanna have their pink glasses taken off...

YOU'D BE CORRECT

Superman interfering with international incidents to save Lois and then being held accountable to it.

The jar of piss, not so much.

>Yes it was. In every way.
but it wasnt

>Then he teamed up with a regular person who was shown to be as powerful as him.
Which is why he stood on the sidelines occasionally shooting kryptonite gas right?

>I do, I just understand it without a fucking caricature pointing at it and saying "see? Symbolism!"
The painting in that sequence isnt symbolism, something isnt symbolism when its explicitly stated as to what it signifies in the film. Some of the visual allegories like pic related is however.

I stand corrected on the Olsen point however, apologies.

>Goyer and Snyder had no fucking idea what to do with Lex Luthor. And why even HAVE Lex Luthor at this point? He's been a villain in seven fucking Superman movies.
because rest of Supes' rogue gallery is fucking retarded
a guy made of metal and kryptonite who somehow doesn't kill Superman instantly?
a mentally challenged comic relief clone of Superman?
a fucking interdimensional imp?
an alien who shrinks cities and collects them?
a guy who makes dangerous toys?
When I decide to go to cinema after a week of hard work at the cash register I expect to see awesome stuff not kiddy shit

You smell like Sup Forums

>This movie just tries to portray them more realistically.
That's the funniest shit, because Snyderverse Bats and Supes are in no way "more realistic" than any other version of them.

Supes is still a handsome completely human looking deep space alien who can fly through the sky because of "yellow sunlight" (completely fictitious).
Batman is now even less likely, he's a lawless vigilante who's allowed to attack whomever he wants with advanced military ordinance inside of a major American city, and no one, not even the newspapers, can be bothered to give a single fuck.

It's angrier; but it's just as cornball as the 60's.

He was not entertaining. He functionally was also not Luthor in anything but name.

I will go out and buy BvS on the most expensive Blu-ray collector's edition I can find if you answer me one question:

How did Luthor know that Batman was Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent was Superman, before / during / in the aftermath of the events of Man of Steel?

don't watch kids movies then

aka cape movies.

>Why they didn't use Glorious Godfrey is beyond me
Because then people would bitch about using a literal who Jim Jones parody instead of a recognisable character

Lex Luthor is "recognizable" as a bald middle-aged genius, not some giddy long-haired flake.

Doomsday is no more familiar than Godfrey or the rest of Darkseid's crew. Better to build up a new villain since you already have Batman as the marquee antagonist, than to butcher Luthor.

>Why is being an asshole a flaw?
youtu.be/eCfU44cnbCc
A puppet is gonna school you.

>Everything I know about these characters comes from Superman: the Animated Series
>Because they appeared in a kids show, they are kiddy characters
This is what casuals actually believe.

>When I decide to go to cinema after a week of hard work at the cash register I expect to see awesome stuff not kiddy shit
You got to see two guys in padded muscle suits wrestle in green space gas and then fight what would be the silliest looking CGI monster of the year if Suicide Squad hadn't been made.

while i think the guy you're replying to has a very poor argument, this really is no better. Just because a character can seem conceptually silly, does not mean they cannot work well. Just look at Batman's rouges for comparison, or fucking Black Manta.

>Lex Luthor is "recognizable" as a bald middle-aged genius, not some giddy long-haired flake.
But BvS Lex was based on the younger Lex, specifically Birthright, who had long red hair, same coat as well. By the end of the film you see him looking more like his typical look anyway.

>Doomsday is no more familiar than Godfrey or the rest of Darkseid's crew.
I do hope you're not serious.

Do I even need to explain why it's stupid to morally judge FICTIONAL CHARACTERS on the same level as we judge real life people?