The 2 people who cared about the dark universe are devastated

the 2 people who cared about the dark universe are devastated

Who dunnit better? Oh wait, Dark Universe didn't even got the chance!

It's like they just wanted to flush money down the toilet or something.

Maybe if they took the hint that these were monster movies and not summer blockbusters, it would have worked, instead we were getting unwatchable action flicks with actors who hadn't been relevant since the 90's.

>I know, let's cast Tom Cruise! People will watch crap just for Tom Cruise!

>I got it! Let's cast Johnny Depp! I mean like everything he's in lately is a flop and he has no range, but little girls still love him right?

wait, mortdecai was par tof the dark universe?

Yag sbarro was

>like tears in the rain

What the fuck is the Dark Universe?

They should have cast EL JUSTO

Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan leaving (GOOD NEWS HERE!). Dark Universe promotion cost them too much to fully abandon project. They probably gonna get more experienced high-profile filmmakers.
Kurtzman goes milking TV series and Morgan back to Fast And Furious (+spinoffs)
>"We are not rushing to meet a release date and will move forward with these films when we feel they are the best versions of themselves."
>"This affords Alex Kurtzman more time for a project that is really working well: Star Trek Discovery,"
>"There's no way to give up on this. This is Universal's legacy,"

Just think in another universe this would've been DC last November

It's over user

>we could've had the Yag Sbarro Extended Universe

thank god its dead, why cant disney kill off jj?

how did he even get popular?

Does this mean that The Mummy ride at Universal is saved? I'll be upset if they get rid of that ride.
t. coffee

LOST

its dead jim!

>dark universe
huh?

I really don't know why they didn't keep Dracula Untold in continuity and let the same director make the Mummy with Sofia Mummy as the tragic antihero. Use Tom for something else.

Dracula Untold was great tho

>dracula: superhero

it was shit

It's one of the best theme park rides in existence. They will never dump it.

Put Del Toro in charge, limit the budgets to $20-35 million and use Val Lewton's 1940s horror run at RKO as a bible for tone and character.

It wasn't Dracula as capeshit. It was Dracula as capekino.

>how did he even get popular?
LOST and Mission: Impossible III.

Lewton made a movie called Cat People about a lady who thinks she turns into a cat an arthouse masterpiece that made bank for reference

>how did he even get popular?
he weaponized test marketing

Great idea. Director and cast would be nuts. Tilda Swinton in a Universal Horror film would be interesting.