Batfamily as family

So between Batman 16 and Nightwing 15, it seems like DC is wanting to push the Batfamily as actual family instead of people who mostly work together through the same mentor. Maybe its just me, but it feel awkward and forced. What do you guys think?

Bat senpaitachi been a thing for a while now,it grew into its classic model during batman inc with all the robins and Bruce working together,Tomasis batman an robin,Both eternal books have pretty much built up a family unit.I like it,it let's each robin stand out among each other and brings out Dad Bruce whom I love

>TFW you remember Bruce with a beard and a firm ass
That Bloom arc was weird but that fanservice...Mrrrrowrr.

Why do the bodies look so strange?

When was this? During Inc?

>supervillian themed resteraunt
>joker and zaaz themed food

Thats fucked up

People in Gotham dont care about super villans. if they did, then they would just move.

As for the Op, I like it, but it was strange to see Jason ask Dick about his love life.

Gotham gives zero fucks about the victims

Endgame.

That's because no one has ever tried to write the two together having a normal conversation.

They only ever interact during whatever big Bat-event is happening. Robin War literally shows them just chilling with Tim and Damian like they do that all the time.

Well, it's nice to see the robins getting along and it's good for Batman to have his family together. So yeah, I actually really like it.

I'd like more slice of life issues like what we saw in the recent Batman/Nightwing issues to be honest.

Once again, I ask why DC wont give us a Robins book. Like how can they see the potential in Supersons but not that?

To be fair, Jason and Dick were enemies for a long time. Only Tim understood Jason. But now hes yeah so its either putting Jason with Dick or Duke.

It's a bat-themed restaurant. BatBurger.

Why does being around Dick instead of Tim make Jason much cooler?

I dunno why I cant remeber anything that happened in Endgame

Amnesia Bruce was best Bruce

Why would they put him with Duke? Jason and Dick are friendly with each, but I'm pretty sure that Tim is still the closest to him.

Well that was my point. Putting Jason with Duke would be dumb, so they have to go for Dick instead. Which is sorta awkward since they rarely talked before this I know some people hated it, but I miss the Tim and Jason dynamic.

Best part. I got a laugh at it. Also good to see good trigger discipline.

Speak for yourself. Jason and Dick are cool together, but Jason and Tim were pretty fun.

>but Jason and Tim were pretty fun
This, I really enjoyed their moments together and they were honestly the best thing about BRE.

Why they have to go for this or that? Why do you think that they have to stuck Jason with someone?

Don't worry, they get royalties.

More /Jason/ is what I need

This guy get it.

Cause Damian was usually with Dick and Tim was usually with Jason? Its not about getting stuck and more about having someone to bounce off of.

Yep. RHATO is only once a month so more cameos is what I hope for

Maybe I just hate Tim then. But yeah they were the best part of BRE, but that is a low bar to clear since it was trash.

Cause Tim is kinda lame and Jason seems closer to Dicks age range

Seconded. I'm really liking Jason and I want to see more of him.

> Jason and Dick having a normal conversation about girls

Why is this so hard for writers to do properly?

Indeed and I want more of Jason and Bruce moments because they are simply the best.

Pretty sure thats Quitely's style

I'm liking Jason ore after Rebirth too, so yeah more of him would be good. If it happens to be with Dick or Bruce then double good

Jason looks really innocent here

Where is his knife and fork?

Because Jason is gay as Christmas.

He doesn't want to trigger a poorfag like Jason.

Wut? Also I legit saw someone say that Jason talking about poetry was more evidence for him being gay. Tumblr is the worst.

In his other Batsuit you moron

That's crazy. Robins are just naturally inclined to homolust. Poetry has nothing to do with it.

Bad time for this during JayTim week

This is true. TimKon,JayRoy,DamianJon and DickWally are all prime examples of this

Poetry from Dick wouldn't be gay, nor Damian.

The difference is poetry from an adult edgelord streetrat seems pretty gay.

>JayTim

Tim is fucking dead. Change that shit to DickJay week. Its the superior ship and their increased interaction is the best. Thank you King and Seeley!!!!!!

Ontopic: I like the acknowledgement of the Batfamily, unlike the Superfamily or Wonderfam.

There's a week?

I disagree. I love it and think it is long overdo. Why we still haven't got a "Robins" book where we get teamups and bro moments between the various Robins is beyond me. I would buy the fuck out of that.

Jason only pretends to be edgy though.

Oh yeah you're right.
Never mind then.

Yep. Its where fan artists and fanfic writers do a bunch of stuff dedicated to a ship, like on Tumblr or Ao3. Great if you like a ship, shitty if you wish certain ships cough JayTim and Klance cough would go away.

Not to mention, I think Jason is just a fan of reading and English right?
TimKon shouldve been canon though. JayRoy is terrible and one sided on Roy's end.

Well, I guess there are worse ones. I know JayTim has been around in various forms for almost as long as TimKon. And they had waffles.

Me too. Who would right it though? Gotta be someone who likes all the robins.

Are you kidding? RedArse was borderline Supernatural-tier homoerotic.

If JayTim had less of Tim being a sad uke who liked being treated like a girl, then I would be fine with it. As it is, thats the majority of the ship. It hurts being a Tim fan.

Roy is a robin whore, so it doesnt count. His homoeroticism towards Jason was just an extension of his former homoness towards Dick.

As a Jason fan, this scene was good. I hate that some are calling it ooc. I want Jason to have fun with the Batfam.

It's funny how fandom has changed. When TimKon was the big thing, you didn't get as much feminization and trans garbage and the jock/nerd cliche was just as likely to end up with the jock getting dominated.

The strange part is that n52 Tim was less homo than pre Tim so it makes even less sense

I'm going to baselessly assume most people who actively write about Tim just plug the original version into their story. Surely nobody actually became a fan of the character through new 52.

But that makes it worse, since its N52 Tim whose in a good place with N52 Jason. I just want consitency dammit

Im with you user. Nothing wrong with Jason being friendly with Dick. Using his relationship with Roy for calling ooc is dumb.

>consistency with two characters who have been retconned in the recent past

Did they make out on the roof? Like BatCat except RedWing

This isn't new. Batfamily being family goes in and out of style, it got built up throughout Morrison's run and the other comics surrounding it, then it got trashed when Inc. ended and Snyder did Death of the Family, now they're going for it again.

Eating with gloves on seems gross

Tim was dragging the whole family down clearly

I agree. The problem with it for me is Jason. Dick and Damian already have a close relationship. Dick and Tim have considered themselves brothers for decades. Tim and Damian have a sibling-like rivalry. Meanwhile, Jason's hated all of his "siblings" and the feeling was mutual. There wasn't any build-up before he was suddenly best buds with everyone. I also hate that Jason's using guns while wearing Batman's symbol and still no one has addressed that elephant in the room.

I agree, it needed more Scarecrow

I agree, mostly because I hate the Batfam, especially Jason and Damian.

Batman being a loner is dumb though.

For me, it could easily be addressed. The reason why Batman doesn't use guns is because he's triggered, psychologically the gun represents something for him. BUT, he is an intelligent man and he understands that there are good people using guns, even his pals in the GCPD. What Batman doesn't like is seeing someone die in front of him, but he's not autistic, he understands that people die every day.
Also, the gun shtick for Jason doesn't work, nor does the Red Hood persona. He needs a new name and a new weapon.

I think you are a retarded casual that started reading in 2011. The Batfamily was always meant to be a family, Snyder was just a colossal faggot that went on record as not liking it.

I think it could be argued that Jason and Damian also have a sibling like rivalry that has less hate between them than Tim and Damian. Its Dick and Jason thats the odd couple out.

Not if you aren't a casual. When Jason was first introduced Dick, gave him a phone and told Jason to call him to talk.

Yeah, but they havent been close since he came back, unlike Jason and Tim

Jason has always viewed Dick as his older brother, albeit begrudgingly so.

Also yes they have, it's like you didn't even read Grayson.

Or Robin War.

So all those points of him saying he only liked Tim or how much he wants to punch Dick should be ignored?

Snyder was given way too much time to shit all over the Batfamily

Do you not have brothers? He loves Dick but fundamentally their personalities and approaches are different.

It's his older brother, he is going to be annoyed or angry with him most of the time. Their relationship has always been Dick is perfect and it pisses Jason off but Jason respects him.

It's really caused a lot of issues with people like OP just being really confused on what the Batfamily is suppose to be.

He fucked new readers heads around something awful.

Too bad his legacy continues since we have to continue to put up with Duke

Duke is fine under King. I actually like that he is the laid back reasonable Robin who actually obeys Bruce for once.

It's an interesting take on the Robin mantle.

So he can get over Tim replacing him, but be pissed off at the made up image he has of Dick? Sorry I get your point, but their lack of one on one interaction just makes everything strange

I actually think Dick and Jason are more alike than say Tim and Jason. They are both very emotional people prone to mistakes from it.

Jason and Dick are very similar. They are the two oldest so they always approach the situation tactically and apply their training but they both love to play it by ear.

The difference is Jason, much like Bruce, has a very hard stance on right and wrong and believes that those who commit wrongs should be punished to the full extent.

Dick has more compassion and operates more in a grey area of just because they are a criminal it doesn't make them less than human.

But Duke doesn't do that. His whole schtick with the RobinZ was about not needing Batmans approval or permission to help people

With Lark he's not afraid to disregard Bruce's orders to stay behind like he did in this issue and in the Monster Men crossover

Yep, I fully agree with this.

At least Tynion understands not to use Harper too much.

He occasionally disregards Bruce's orders but the Robin War was all about Robin needing a Batman. Those kids were proven to be wrong.

King's Duke listens to Bruce 8/10 times, which as Dick points out in the previous issue is something most Robins never do. Duke recognizes he is inexperienced and needs training.

>So between Batman 16 and Nightwing 15, it seems like DC is wanting to push the Batfamily as actual family instead of people who mostly work together through the same mentor. Maybe its just me, but it feel awkward and forced. What do you guys think?
I think I heard Sup Forums arguing for years that is exactly how DC SHOULD be writing the Bat-family. Every fucking thread, the Robinfucks would come out and go "They should all live together and have cute boy shenanigans like in my Laotian fap rags."

So, I mean, you can't really blame DC for giving the people what they want. Of course, the problem with pleasing whining fans is another contingent of them will start whining in response, like you do.

I think King writes them well enough, at least in this cutesy comedy context, but I also agree with what another user noted, that you could have just said they were busy in their own books and the story would still work about as much.

Although frankly, I'm still surprised that they committed to the Robins getting all fucked up. I never thought for a minute the hanged-figures-in-Robin-costumes-whose-faces-are-all-in-shadow would actually be the Robins. Thank Rao for Kryptonian healing pods I guess. Comics.

Jason and Dick look like Bruce is their actual Dad who had sex with 2 different women.

One day a shit writer will make the Robins biological half brothers.

Hmm, a small part of me wants this. The other part is disgusted.

A gypsy and a methhead arent people who would be sexed up by billionaires

Speaking of Kryptonian stuff, and apologies for being a pleb, how was Batman in the fortress before Superman? My understanding was that the fortress' lock can only be opened with a key that's basically dwarf-star dense. Is there a service door for Superman's non Kryptonian friends to use?

Must be cause I remember Superman giving Bats a key