STARLIN & DAVIS WILL BE ON GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

STARLIN & DAVIS WILL BE ON GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
GET FUCKED BENDIS!

> Pic related really isn't Davis's best work.
> I appreciate the cleavage but Marvel REALLY fucking needs to drop the movie-ish street cloths on Gamora.

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Starlin is a has-been. Yawn.

Starlin shat all over them during his Thanos OGN trilogy. They are doomed.

duggan gets the main ongoing, this is a 5 issue mini

gamora looks off

I swear to god, ANNOUNCE SOMETHING NEW MARVEL THAT ISN'T MCU SYNERGY!

If the new relaunch is all like this, I'll be bored out of my mind!

But how will he function without Deadpool being on the team?

Wouldn't you shit over Bendis' work too?

>But how will he function without Deadpool being on the team?

Deadpool...in space!

who says he isn't

It looks like her hairline is receding

>lol Starlin get ready for hamfisted conservatism amirite?

t. Neo Sup Forums

>Mother Entropy

But I thought Entropy was a dude

No, he was specifically shitting on the DnA stuff the whole time

It's his mom

Davis' art has been off for the past 20 years or more.

In the late 80s he was the absolute best.

Something happened afterwards where he started drawing everyone with the same face and then everyone with the same face started to get ugly face.

Thanos and Adam shit on everybody, especially when they're together. To them the GOTG (and I assume mostly Quill) are just a bunch of losers that picked up the slack when Thanos was dead and Warlock was amnesiac. And frankly that's not incorrect. If things had been normal for the two (read: Starlin writing) then they would have been knee-deep in the Cancerverse before Quill even got the team together.

There is no reason to get butthurt about it, he'll it might even make for some good character interplay since this is a GOTG book and not a Thanos/Warlock book.

classic alan davis 2

classic alan davis 3

>STARLIN
Considering that he made Nu52 Stormwatch readable, I may give this a try.

All the women have the same fucking face.
Britain's is mostly concealed, Nightcrawler isn't even human looking.
Davis was never THAT good an artist.

>MUH FACES
Commit suicide please.

>he made Nu52 Stormwatch readable
No he fucking didn't.

its because they're all smiling, douche nozzle

It was more tolerable than Cornell's run.

That's like saying he shat out solid shit instead of diarrhea. At the end of the day, it's still shit.

>Guardians of the Galaxy by Starlin and Davis.
Great!

>Guardians of the Galaxy by 2017 Starlin and 2017 Davis.
Oh...

You didn't like Starlin's Infinity OGNs?

>Starlin does BIG cosmic stuff
>the GotG might be way out of their league
Yes, this may actually work just fine

yeah thats the rub bub

X-Men by Byrne and Claremont = fuck yeah so amazing

X-Men 2017 by Byrne and Claremont = canceled after 2 issues.

Eh, Starlin's guardians apart from Gamora and Drax (because of their relationship with Thanos and AW) aren't anything to write home about.

Yeah I'm not sure Starlin is capable of writing a good Star-Lord. Which is a shame because Quill also makes a good foil for Adam without being a mopey sadsack like the Surfer.

His Quill came off as pretty generic in his recent series. Better than insufferable fratboy but hey those were just extremely short scenes which gave us no insight to the inner workings of his mind so he might make him deeper.

Let's be honest, nobody's Star-Lord is as bad as Humphries'. Not even Bendis'.

>As for Pip the Troll, his inclusion in the story came from needing an even number of characters. “My original idea for the story involved a switch around, which required an even number of characters, so Pip was enlisted to round the cast off to a half-dozen,” Starlin said. “Kind of surprised Pip didn’t have more contact with the Guardians over the years. They seem like such a natural fit for each other.”
This is Starlin's way of saying he's mad that nobody at modern Marvel wants to use one of his favourite OCs. Bendis, DnA...none of them used Pip or even acknowledged his existence.

>aren't anything to write home about
still better than bendis

Isn't Pip appearing in GotG 2?

>nobody at modern Marvel wants to use one of his favourite OCs
More or less, he was in Peter David's X-Factor some years ago. It was actually pretty cool.

I mean, it is kinda weird that a third of DnA's roster was Infinity Watch characters but Pip never once showed up. Not sure why you think he's mad since Gamora and Drax are his other favorite OCs.

>Alan Davis
gross
just give him more Killraven to keep him busy and not shitting everything else

>Cornell's run
What a fucking disappointment that was. Up until Stormwatch, I've liked everything Cornell had written.

>Starlin
>Guardians
Not feeling it. In his latest Infinity trilogy Star-Lord was fucking terrible, Rocket was just your usual angry movie Raccoon and the guy doesn't know what to do with a non-mentally retarded Drax. He returned some personality to Gamora at least.

Is Lanning even writing anymore? I'd like him to try the team again.

Serious question, why exactly do people complain about Rocket being angry? He really doesn't have much of a character otherwise. And it's not like Giffen's version was a ray of sunshine either.

This only shows how much of a casual you are buddy. When writing Thanos/Warlock Starlin shits on everybody to make them look better, did you forget how the Annihilators were repulsively brutalized by both in the beginning of the story ('cept the girl, because m'lady and armor bondage, that gave me a boner)?

Look, I also didn't like he made Peter shit his pants everytime Warlock was brought up when the fucker took him one on one when he was the Magus back in DnA, but on the bright side I liked he acknowledged the continuity from the Annihilation era for both characters without retconning Thanos Samaritan and Annihilation with loldoombot. It was a yet another Thanos wankfest complaining because characters get shat on so he looks better is silly.

Shit tier post deserves shit tier reply. Here's (you)rs

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

> Starlin added that his “instructions were to come up with a Guardians story that could be read by fans of the movie Guardians or the Marvel Comics Guardians.”
At least they're honest

It's not to make them look better, it's... look, you have to understand about Starlin, he doesn't like his stories to be resolved by punching (not in a shallow power level way at least) and the ultimate conflicts faced by his characters are usually internal. And he's been doing that for decades at this point, with Thanos and Warlock typically at the center because yeah, they're his favorites, they're the ones that he's grown and grown.

So when Starlin "shits on" other characters like the Annihilators it's not because he has something to prove, he's proven that Thanos and Warlock are on a different plane numerous times over the years. It's to make a point. Starlin's Cosmic stories aren't about Annihilators stomping the bad guys with their awesome power. He whups them to show that Thanos and Warlock can easily contend with their physical prowess, but are beyond it. The real battle is within.

If you don't like the focus he places on Thanos and Warlock I can understand but it really shouldn't be surprising after all these years.

See I don't remember Rocket having any depth during Giffen and DnA's tenure. He was the bristly, wise-cracking talking Racoon with the big tree and the big gun. Not much has changed aside from Bendis trying to force an awful catchphrase.

I don't appreciate the smartass response either by the way. Linking to to TVtropes doesn't make you clever. If you want to argue the point then argue.

Chill out, dude, I wasn't complaining.

I understand he needs to present Thanos/Warlock in a way that makes them believably go against giant cosmic treats hence making them look better by beating up known powerful treats, though you can't deny there's always some self indulgence in there. I don't mind it though. I like Starlin. I've read his Thanos stories and I know how they usually unfold. If you read a bit more carefully you'd realize I basically was trying to get that user to understand the last line of your post.

>Not much has changed aside from Bendis trying to force an awful catchphrase.
It seems that reply was more than appropriate.

As I said before: "make a shit tier post, get a shit tier reply".

I'm chill user, I'm just explaining for anyone that doesn't understand. A lot of people think Starlin just has their favorite characters job to make his own favorites look good and I've never found that to be the case. It's just the nature of the stories he likes to tell.

Who is the man-cut redhead?

I really don't understand why you're being such a dick or how my post was shit-tier. The fact that you refuse to engage with me when I had a genuine question just makes you come off as a smug ass.

If you change your mind the topic stands and I would love to hear your thoughts.

It's a mini-series, dumbass.

>Starlin
Hard pass.

Jean grey.

Rachel Grey

Just like her actress counterpart.

1. It's a miniseries
2. It's 2017 Starlin, who belongs in the trash with 2017 Claremont, 2017 Levitz, and 2017 Wolfman.

Writers who are still better than current Marvel ones.

Nice coprophilia, bro.

>Starlin
lel

This is a 'desperately trying to win back cosmic fans book' eh. Don't think Starlin even likes the gotg.

He likes Drax, Gamora and Pip at least

>Star-Lord is back to wearing his movie costume after having changed it in his solo
Disappointing.

So basically an Infinity Watch reunion oh and star lord and rocket and groot are there too.

sounds like a modern GOTG book to me

This is so much better than Bendis current run it's not even funny.

Diarrhea is way worse. People die from that shit.

>First Iron Man
>Then Captain Marvel
>Now Deadpool
He's also funding the team with his giant stash of space money.

Might not be that way in the interior art. These are their costumes circa Grounded and the solicits for this went up back in the fall when Grounded was just starting.

And that Mary Sue shit makes it okay?

>meaningless buzzwords

You're a power level retard if you think Adam and Thanos are Mary Sues solely because they beat the Annihilators together. That wasn't even the point of the story.

Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about, so just shut up before you embarrass yourself further.

I'm good with the Thanos blowjob books desu

Dude, it was fairly obvious he was shitting on Bendis specifically.

I don't think Starlin shills Adam as much as he does Thanos. Hell, he has totally thrown Adam under the bus to make Thanos look amazaballs.

I think it's balanced by the fact that Thanos is his own worst enemy though. You read enough Thanos stories and you realize the guy is caught in a pathetic self-destructive loop. There's a lot of psychological undertones in Starlin's work especially regarding Thanos.

I didn't know the Annihilators were a Bendis creation.

>turns Adam Warlock into the Living Tribunal
>throwing Adam under the bus
...?

I just read the Giffen mini last night. Rocket and Groot's relationship is pretty well done and does lend both characters some depth.
>and the I read The Wraith.
Gah.

I liked his stories about an AU Adam Warlock becoming the Living Tribunal.

I ought to reread it, it's admittedly been awhile. Still, I feel like a lot of the complaints leveled at the GOTG these days, particularly Rocket and Groot, just aren't that valid. Bad writing is bad and I don't mean to defend Bendis, but there's something to be said about the legions of rabid fans who cry "not muh" at the slightest deviation from what they believe the character is all about. And I just don't feel like Rocket and Groot, even under Giffen and DNA, were ever well-defined enough to really warrant that kind of response.

I mean every Rocket page that ever got posted on Sup Forums was a snarky quip. Every Groot page is him growing and smashing. I just don't see what great character traits have really been lost.

>I ought to reread it, it's admittedly been awhile.
Not him, but sounds like you should. Rocket may be snarky, but not an angsty hothead. That's not how he managed to be chief ranger in his planet. He's good at keeping his shit together.

The "I AM GROOT" thing may be a flanderization of sorts, but he still had nothing to do with innocent sweet Groot from the movie. Humbled as he might be, he started as an arrogant alien monarch, with more power than is usually shown, and possibly way more brains than you can imagine.

Seriously, avoid bendis GotG like the plague, forget the movie, and go read the Starlord mini from Annihilation: Conquest and DnA's GotG. Then maybe you'll get all the "not muh".

>and the I read The Wraith.
That bad, huh... I mean, I remember it being kinda forgettable, but not TERRIBLE terrible.

I've read all of it pal, most of it when it was releasing, and much much more Cosmic than just the Giffen/DnA stuff. That includes suffering through Bendis and Humphries as well. Doesn't mean I agree with every little complaint and criticism that gets levied at them. A lot of it still feels like a really severe case of "not muh" to me and I've read all of Rocky's tales from Halfworld, most of which was ignored by Giffen and DnA regardless. These characters have never had a solid foundation and yet folks around here still seem unable to roll with the punches. When you've been reading comics as long as I have you realize that you can't carry a torch for every little thing about every depiction of every character you like cause they're bound to change and contradict one another eventually.

At any rate, I didn't dislike Bendis' run because he changed the characters, I disliked it because it was boring and poorly written. Forcing the raccoon to have a stupid catchphrase is much worse than playing up his anger and loneliness, which the movie proved could be a satisfying take on the character.

>playing up his anger and loneliness, which the movie proved could be a satisfying take on the character
that makes him a different character, basically

I think it depends on how you approach it really. For instance, the movie retained the fact that he was an experiment, but played it for sadness instead of just humor or whackiness. That was a good fit for the story and themes of the movie and gave him a little more depth. He's also still a snarky tactical genius with a penchant for big guns and his only bond in the galaxy is with Groot. That makes him recognizably Rocket to me.

Obviously this is all subjective and I ain't tryin to preach my taste or nothin, just offerin my perspective as I've cultivated it. I personally got tired of being hung up on continuity a long time ago.

Isn't she shorting out everything she is doing?

>Starlin

And that's supposed to be better how?

Davis' art has not aged well.

He's drawing Gamora like how he usually draws black women because she's played by a black woman in the movies. Unfortunately, the way Davis draws black women has always been questionable.

Pip was replaced with Groot and RR as comic relief character.

Also, didn't really fit since Pip's a "I don't give a fuck" hedonist who probably wouldn't get along with the team, save possibly Gamora.

Guess that's getting old for you.

wut

>2017
>barely ANY competent cosmic writers available
>Ewing is busy and is becoming obscure-continuity-autistic to the point of grotesque
>complaining about Starlin

WEW LADDIES

You know what's weird? Right after the events of Siege, he did a series called Avengers Prime where his artwork just knocked it out of the fucking park. I looked at that and was like "WHERE THE FUCK HAS THIS DAVIS BEEN HIDING SINCE 1990?"

It was fantastic stuff, and then he went back to doing bland squishy crap again right afterwords.