Image Week 3 Storytime: Morning Glories

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

Now it's time for what I like to call the Pre-Saga era, when Image was trying to shed away their "extreme" 90's self and not many were paying attention to them. There were some break-out hits, but not as much as today.

Next up is the new LOST :^), Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma's Morning Glories

The Walking Dead:
Invincible:
Chew:

Did he ever fucking finish this, or did he just publish a special that was the "end"

It's still going.

Ah, I see spencer put out issue 50 as a "season 2 finale" and seems to be taking a break for the last seven months. I assume that Marvel (and bitching on twitter) is keeping him busy

Clearly a guy who's got his priorities straight.

Love this comic so much, i got the omnibus. Feel bad because I haven't read anything after it because I would be confused

That's a really weird statement.

I...think he means that stuff gets really hard to understand after the end of the first omnibus?

I liked this book when it first came out. but it felt like it was going in circles for 20 issues so I stopped.

Yeah, but it's still weird to say "I love this comic even though I haven't read or even understand all of it"

I heard the latter issues have fucking annotations by another guy, as if this is a Morrison comic or something

I'm a few trades behind now, but when I do a reread, I need to pay more attention to scenes like this, because of all of the time travel bullshit that happens later on.
We get it Spencer, you liked Lost

>Doing the entire Morning Glories
You're a MADMAN Luthor!

I'm not, I'm only doing the first arc as usual.

dun dun duunn

f

op dead

Sorry, an emergency came up

That's not what I said. I said i read the omnibus, but I haven't kept up with the single issues afterwards and that's why I am confused.

Ah gotcha, my apologies