Seth Rogan to helm The Boys adaptation

Amazon Picks Up “The Boys” Comic Adaptation with Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg Directing! : bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3469018/amazon-picks-boys-comic-adaptation-seth-rogen-evan-goldberg-directing/

Just fucking kill me. It wasn't enough that these cunts ruined Preacher. Now they've gotta trash The Boys as well. I Wish they'd fucking die already. So how do you think they'll fuck this up? Think they'll get Simon Pegg to play Huey?

Other urls found in this thread:

crazydaysandnights.net/2017/11/todays-blind-items-island.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pegg is too old and I don't want to think about how they'll ruin it, because I know it's going to be pretty fucking bad.

wtf happened to the HBO watchdogs?

The character is literally based on him

Jesus... Rogan is not the right choice to lead the boys..

He's not the right choice to lead anything. How could anyone trust him and Goldberg after Preacher?

yeah, and around the same age he was when shaun of the dead came out. pegg himself said he was now too old to play the character, and that was in like 2009.

Visually, sure, but Pegg isn't scottish and he is too old to play Hughie.

>inb4 annie is now black for reasons

DUDE

The Boys was edgy garbage anyway.

I’ll expect lots of Drumpf (they won’t be able to help themselves with the subplot about politicians wanting to weaponise heroes) and lol weed shit I will probably skip this to be honest

Im happy for Kripke but he needs to come back to Supernatural

How bad do you think they're gong to pozz it?

>Homelander is now portrayed to look like Trump
>Billy Butcher is now a Muslim refugee
>the Boys now have to defend Jews against a racist superhero team

As long as they let it have the adult or at least R rating it needs and stay loyal to the subject matter, including this scene, my heart and penis are both ready.

Pegg writing is crap hope hes not involved at all.

crazydaysandnights.net/2017/11/todays-blind-items-island.html

>BTW, I'm thinking back again and again and again to a not too long ago, mature/adult audience targeted comic book series by Garth Ennis called The Boys, which at first I thought was just a brilliant but crass send up to all of the big superheroes of both D.C. And Marvel. But no, it parallels sooooo much of the disgusting pervs and the expertly tailored facade constructed for public consumption - in particular a storyline involving a parody of the X-Men called the G-Men, run by a child rapist grooming his tween and teen superheroes...even the G fits for the mogul and the franchise fits for the director. Another story arc features an annual convention (called "Herogasm", which at the time of reading one would have thought was a send up of Comicon...but no) the superheroes and the highest echelons of government and business at a tropical island where anything would go with zero consequence including references/allusions to this sort of perversion. Highly encourage everyone to read the 72 issue series as well as a couple of limited series particularly the one dealing with the island retreat.

>"In a world filled with caped superheroes and masked vigilantes, the boys, a secret CIA-backed covert black ops team, protect us from the super-powered "heroes"."

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)

>The series is set between 2006–2008[1] in a world where superheroes exist. However, most of the superheroes in the series' universe are corrupted by their celebrity status and often engage in reckless behavior, compromising the safety of the world. For this reason, a superpowered CIA squad, known informally as "The Boys", is charged with monitoring the superhero community; the name is Butcher's contribution, a reference from his neighborhood that those in power would send "the boys" to handle anyone causing trouble.

Well they are also helming Invincible I dread they might fuck it up.

which is the anti-thesis of what the boys is all about right up their alley of crass bloody shit making superheroes be all mentally ill pervs while Invincible isnt about that at all.

What's that scene

So he's raping Garth Ennis' work one by one.

For initiation in to the super team she was made to blow three different superheroes as their super base think issue 3 or 4 of the paperbacks.

New member of the 'not Justice League' is a qt and somewhat innocent blond girl from a bible-belt Christian themed super-team like the Titans, and is given an ultimatum all new (hot) female heroes get. On her knees for them and stay or back to the boonies and a dead end career. She sucks them off (off screen, but there are a few none explicit angles, and an attempted rape later) and has her costume slut-ified.

She hasn't had it the worst. Hers is just the norm for female heroes, a lot of them as promiscuous as the men, with hero orgies. Arguably the Wonder Woman expy has it worse, photos of her being fucked later coming out that had been used as blackmail material.

>Some of the notWoWo panels.

See, I'm wary of whether that would get away with previous post and this stuff. And it's all part of the tone that made The Boys special. Very few characters get a happy ending.

Guys, Preacher was all right, its not "raped" I thought this season was pretty good.

Garth Ennis is literally the Seth Rogen of comic books.

AINT NOTHING STOPS THE A-TRAIN!

Why does Ennis allow Seth to jew up his work he seems like the kind of guy who would be headstrong and controlling of his work

EDGY
D
G
Y

As fuck. It's one of the joys of The Boys. You should know what you are in for if they stay faithful. which I doubt. Can you imagine the outcry? Comics get away with it because no one (or at least so few people) read them that it's barely a concern.