Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnjSVSykNsA
youtube.com/watch?v=xPWGCC_BYE8
youtube.com/watch?v=3IfeuQ6Ayos
youtube.com/watch?v=N21l6sIASiU
youtube.com/watch?v=4yw0bLHTOb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>get him back
There was nothing to "get", he never stopped being under Disney copyright and trademark.

But his character design makes him very hard to differentiate from Mickey Mouse anyway, so the only thing to do with him is cater to underage edgelords like you OP.

I liked how they used him in Epic Mickey, but I really wish that didn't drop the ball so hard. When I think wasted potential, I think Epic Mickey.

I think it'd make for a great movie, though.

Epic Mickey wasn't the hit they wanted it to be.

>20th Century CalArts dot jay peg

Got a mug of him from a disney store last year, so at least there's that.

they had a DVD of his shorts once. What would his personality be outside of his two games?

I just want a good Felix the Cat revival, at least Mickey Mouse 2013-current short quality

>he never stopped being under Disney copyright and trademark
Except, you know, those 80 years he was under Universal copyright and trademark.

>There was nothing to "get", he never stopped being under Disney copyright and trademark.

Yes he did, because Walt got jewed, he lost the rights to Universal Studios

tell me more abot what you mean? i heard of epic mickey. how was the ball dropped?

They should of used him in the Mickey Mouse Shorts.

I just feel like they had a GREAT idea, but never really used it to its full potential.

I like the first game well enough, but it's kinda clunky and doesn't really use the "forgotten, obscure Disney characters" thing to its full potential.

Then the second game came out and instead of fixing the problems of the first game, it was even worse. It bombed and Disney closed down Junction Point and never used the Epic Mickey series again.

It could've been REALLY awesome.

Well, he isn't "back"! Canonically he can only appear in the games, Lore wise he is stuck forever in Eurodisney (Get it? Because the place in the game is all forgotten, dirty and boring, HA!)

>I just want a good Felix the Cat revival
I feel you, user. Unfortunately Twisted Tales (up until they changed Felix's VA) is probably the best we're ever going to get.

He needs an updated post 1940's look like the rest of the Disney gang.

Holy shit, no.

Fuck that. For a character that's basically proto-Mickey, it's gotta stick with the rubber hose look.

Why? Couldn't Oswald's rubberhose look just be his "thing"?

It would definitely help him stand out more when paired with Mickey, at least from a marketing perspective.

The second game was a real cheap sequel, with an even better premise. It was advertised to be a musical like the Disney classic animated movies...

and in the end the only character who sang was the mad doctor and it was bad.

I remember being very surprised when I was casually playing through an uninteresting level full of cars. Then suddenly the final boss of the game??? Very sudden ending reeks of slashed budget and pushing out half finished.

I think he looks good the way he is

He'd fit perfectly in the New Mickey Shorts

>Very sudden ending reeks of slashed budget and pushing out half finished.
Apparently the developers were only given a year max of development time.

I feel, user

is epic mickey worth playing? the story seems intriguing.

That really sucks.

I think an animated movie with the story of the first game would've been amazing. Just keep the important story beats, Mickey destroying part of wasteland, Oswald being resentful, the blot and Mad Doctor, then the ending. Keep the important locations like Main Street and Mickeyjunk Mountain.

I think they made a graphic novel based on the game that had a really nice art style, too.

Yeah, the second game shat the bed by too much inward focus and only really expanding on the setting by going "What parts of Disneyland did we skip last time?". The game was really short and it also just made the world feel too small.

Oh the Mad Doctor's stirring shit up again, think we should have some Gottfredson villains helping him like the monkey scientists from Blaggard Castle? NAAAAH, let's just use some random Gremlin.

We have this idea for a new Pirates of Wasteland adventure where you help the Pirates take back their home after being kicked out! Fuck that, just make it into a sidequest.

Should we bring in more forgotten characters and fix some cast issues from last time like how we had no Fifinellas among the Gremlin characters? No, just model the Three Little Pigs and throw them in there for some reason.

The refusal to dig deeper and offer a richer experience in the process killed the franchise and if those concepts for Epic Mickey 3 that were just straight up normal looking Jungle Book and Robin Hood levels were any indication, they didn't learn a thing.

The first one has its flaws, but I still think it's an enjoyable game with a great story.

Second one, ehhhh...

I liked their idea of using unused versions of characters, I think that could've been really cool, but when it's just "Shmee with a different colored shirt", that's lame. If it was, like, a WILDLY different design, then yeah, cool.

>What would his personality be outside of his two games?

Mickey's grumpy older brother with 420 children

I think Spector just lost the plot too. Like when it was coming out, he was talking about how because he was getting older, he felt like he was tired of making long games.

Also, he kept selling himself as more knowledgable about Disney then he actually was. Like I remember one of those Facebook AMAs where he replied to someone asking about Disney World's Orange Bird with something like "You mean the Aracuan?"

If you're doing a game built on obscure stuff in the Archives, growing your power levels or working with people that have huge power levels to help curate stuff to include should be a priority. Oswald, Gremlins, Mad Doctor, and Nature's Wonderland aren't thaat far down the iceberg.

They're stuck to making mediocre shorts for Mickey, what makes you think they'll do anything with Oswald if Mickey himself has fallen into obscurity?

To be fair, the original game had some really big flaws.

Like how "every cartoon iteration spawns a new Pete" but no other character had forgotten doppelgangers in the game. Plot breaking design just to force Pete as the bad guy in near all of the boss fights.

Showing the concept art before the actual game was finished was a really bad idea, but it's also clear Disney mandates ruined a lot of the game (plas being on the under-powered Wii). Like, I tried to be the most evil possible, and I still got a very good ending. It is so obvious Oswald is supposed to steal Mickey's heart and take his place in the real world if Mickey it too evil for a bad end, but they wimped out.

>mediocre
Mick's recent shorts are hilarious though.

>mediocre
>Mickey has fallen into obscurity

The new shorts are fucking amazing what the fuck are you talking about

Mad Doctor is kiddie pool, albeit a good choice regardless.

I'm willing to bet I got the same one a few years back. It's my favorite mug.

>Mick's recent shorts are hilarious though.
And I feel like they missed the boat, because it was the perfect place to include Oswald. Could have written his personality however they wanted and reestablished the character.

It's grown in popularity since the rise of the internet and people always bringing it up as the cool black and white Mickey cartoon, but it's not on the "What the fuck is this Mainstream shit doing here" level that throwing the Lonesome Ghosts into the game was.

I can get the idea that they had them there because Lonesome Ghosts was tossed around as possible residents for the Haunted Mansion, but there's so much Haunted Mansion concepts you could have used anyways. Between Hatbox Ghost, the Museum of the Weird, and the Captain Gore lore, you have a ton of good material and characters to work with for a Haunted Mansion level

>We could've gotten an Epic Donald game based on the comics had Epic Mickey 2 not bombed
FUCKING HELL!

Makes me so mad, it remind me of this old Scrooge Mcduck game that I used to play.

>buying into an obvious lie

I saw a few Oswald toys and mugs in a disney store a while back. I think thats the most they can do really, though if you look closely he does show up at the end of Get A Horse. So at least they're making some effort to get him out there.

Another thing that's strange is that, now that they have marvel, they could make a series of comics that emulate the early disney shorts. Like before Epic Mickey came out I was going on a Classic Disney binge and fell in love with some of those 1920's and 30's adventures. The galloping Groucho is the most hardcore thing I've ever seen mickey do. The guy smokes, drinks and sword fights Pete.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnjSVSykNsA

That would make an awesome comic if they keep that general feel but put Mickey in new situations.

Make one for the characters Mickey gets Adventure stories, Donald gets Action, Oswald gets Sci Fi, and Minnie gets Comedy. Make them all form their own universe and make them feel like these:
youtube.com/watch?v=xPWGCC_BYE8
youtube.com/watch?v=N21l6sIASiU

There's some pretty crazy stuff in these cartoons. Like, Oswald avoids decapitation by removing his head and tossing it over the bad guy, so it can pop right back on again after. That's pretty creative

It was going to cover everything too.

Classic shorts, DuckTales, Barks and Rosa (with a Life and Times of Scrooge section), Darkwing, PK...

He's usually written as a slapstick kind of guy who finds creative ways to solve the plot. Usually ends up as the butt of a joke, but always comes up in the end. Sort of a proto-Deadpool type character.

It was a publicity stunt for the EPIC MICKEY series.

Look it up.

He has been in the public domain for the longest time now.

Funny, seeing as Mickey was supposed to be, but Disney used their Jew magic to get Congress to extend their singular copyrighted material through what as known as the "Mickey Mouse Act".

Look it up.

>now that they have marvel, they could make a series of comics
Marvel doesn't give a shit. Read the IDW Disney comics.

>Darkwing and PK meeting
Now I'm even more mad.

Reminder that Disney traded an actual living human for Oswald back.

>Darkwing Duck
WHY, this game would've been perfect!

They traded some irrelevant ESPN newsman for a chunk of the company founder's legacy.

>80 years after Oswald was lost, ESPN gained the rights to broadcast Monday Night Football, while NBC acquired Sunday Night Football, anchored by John Madden. “At the 2006 Super Bowl, a colleague informed me that Al Michaels wanted to get out of his ABC contract so he could join Madden on the Sunday night team. If true, this was a big development, as Al had been with ABC for 30 years,” former ESPN president George Bodenheimer wrote in his book Every Town is a Sports Town. “Sure enough, when we spoke after the game, he told me it was true.” Bodenheimer then got a call from Iger, explaining that he’d be willing to let Michaels go if Bodenheimer could deliver Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back to Disney. “Who or what is Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?” Bodenheimer asked Iger, who told him about Oswald’s legacy and importance to the company. Bodenheimer then called Dick Ebersol, his counterpart at NBC. “I’m willing to talk to you about letting Al go to NBC, but I gotta have Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back,” Bodenheimer said. Ebersol had never heard of Oswald either but Bodenheimer filled him in, restating Iger’s commitment to having the character return to Disney. “Within a week, Ebersol had run the traps at NBC’s sister company, Universal, received approval, and the deal was worked out,” Bodenheimer said in his book. And like that, Oswald was home.

I got a pretty sick plush oswald when I went Disney land last year! Was all I could find however!

The character himself was still under copyright since Universal was using him up until at least 1961, even if visually he no longer resembled the Disney version (legally they were still considered the same character).

hes a magnificent asshole!

Best Bit of merch I got!

Fucksake

That's neat.

The VA was never right but it was still the best Felix thing to be made after the 50s show.

If Mir did Felix instead of Voltron:LD they would of not been trashed has badly as what they do would be a improvement over Baby Felix.
They are a insult to Disney, but I find them a guilty pleasure.
Also 2011's Hop is Lantz Oswald in everything but name.

Mine is better

is he knitted?

Kek

Yeah. Its a pretty nice doll. Got it from California adventure

That would be so nice .

Public domain is fucked now because of the mouse.

load of shit

There is plenty of cool old Oswald merch at Walt Disney World.

I picked up a baseball-sleeved shirt with him on it last year when I was down there.

They also do "rabbit ear" hats to go along with mouse ear hats.

>Disney has Jew magic
>Walt Disney hated Jews
Which is it, Sup Forums?

No that was Willard Bowsky as Walt would of never hired The Sherman Brothers if he hated Jews.

Oswald is pretty cool as a sort of Easter Egg character. Disney currently pretty much does that only really using his character as merchandise. I visited Walt Disney World for a week last Thanksgiving and you could meet his character in sudden random areas. So it seems they'll treat him as just a rare treasure.

P.S. Don't visit Disney World if you have the option during Thanksgiving, crowds are SHIT! Much better during Spring/Summer.

If oswald isnt in kingdom hearts 3 ill be really upset

I'd be surprised if he would be.

It's not so much about getting him back so they can use him. It's so no one else can use him against them.

I feel like most of the complaints come from what happened during development, the concept art for the game is so fucking dark compared to the final product, i remember having my mind blown and expecting at least some of that in the game just to end up disappointed

Small World was awesome though, and some of the dark scenery were kept intact

Jews can't get jewed

Jews can get jewed by other jews, its the cycle of Kike

youtube.com/watch?v=4yw0bLHTOb0

I'm with you about Phil. One of things that I liked about the initial Epic Mickey concept was that the games was being built around obscure Disney properties and shorts. And while the final product had stuff I'm sure most casual Disney fans don't know about, to me they could've digged much deeper. Make more use of the Silly Symphony shorts, for instance

>Go to Disney World for marathon weekend
>Don't run marathon, but cheer on marathoners
>Later discover Oswald made his goddamn park appearance not even a mile from where I was cheering
Life is tough. And the half-marathon ended up being canceled because of a storm.

Epic Mickey is one of those games that I think is pretty impossible to call a "good" game, but I really liked it all the same. If you like platformers and Disney history, it's worth a try. You'll decide pretty quickly if it's not for you.

It's pretty cool when you can get a shot with him

>tfw I will never get a shot with Goofy's son, Max

I've only ever seen him on parades or that night show at Hollywood Studios. Have not heard of him visiting outside of that.

Roger Rabbit is also on my list.

Oh, it's you famicom

seriously. Jewish lawyers constantly lose to other jews. Hollywood is jew vs jew.

Apparently they bring out lots of rare characters for the marathon. I know the Maleficent dragon float was at marathon this year too. How great is that?
Won't be able to do the marathon next year, but I'm hoping in 2019 to make it. I don't even like character stops, but some things were worth it. At least I got Scrooge and Launchpad at the 10k.

>Scrooge And Launchpad

That's fucking amazing

They had the plane, too.

No, it's not.

I only Brought up Felix because the only good thing to come out of the character after the 50s show was The Twisted Tales of Felix The Cat (And the NES & Game Boy game) and if Mir would of done Felix if wont be as bad as when they butcher Voltron (as it will be a improvement over that movie, Baby Felix and that X-Mas special).

You fujos are the death of us, we are not going to give up.

Also please use a much more attractive woman next time as nobody wants thats transgender woman, pic related as she is not trans and she is attractive.

MUH

I'd post a picture, but I'm too lazy to scribble out myself and my sister. But it was great, and that was just the 10k. They go bigger for the half and full marathon.

Disney races are kind of ridiculously expensive, but damn if they don't make them fun.

wat?

I got that one too. Kinda wanted but just couldn't justify the price.

Famicom just stop

I went to Disneyland last year. They have him walking around in California Adventure, and he's got a store

That was not from Famicom, you stop as other people do like Laura too.

Hopefully he'll make an appearance in Kingdom Hearts 3 or at least a bit cameo.

>tfw i got the golden oswald.

What's the rarest oswald merch you got?

In this world is jew or be jewed