"Venom" is going with legacy numbering with May's issue, #150

"Venom" is going with legacy numbering with May's issue, #150.

That's nice but what I really wanted to mention was Tradd Moore is on art because holy shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/33197-venom-150-brings-back-eddie-brock-legacy-numbering.html
newsarama.com/32138-venom-returns-to-classic-1990s-form-with-new-host-back-to-basics-mentality.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DAMN SON. His style is perfect for Venom.

Will my boy Edward be good? I hope so, it's been too long that he was relegated to a nobody

> Venom #150 will be written by regular series writer Mike Costa, with art from guest artist Tradd Moore. The Flash Thompson back-up story will be written by Robbie Thompson, with art from regular Venom artist Gerardo Sandoval. A second back-up by classic Spider-Man writer Dave Michelinie and artist Ron Lim will flashback to Venom's "Lethal Protector" days.

56 PGS $5.99

newsarama.com/33197-venom-150-brings-back-eddie-brock-legacy-numbering.html

>tradd moore
Oh yes!
>mike costa
oh no!

Shaddap

Feel bad for Tradd, I'd pick this up if it wasn't a huge piece of shit.

>Original numbering.

Soooo, we can expect ASM to follow suit once they reach 750, right?

>Tradd Moore is on art
Maximum erection.

>guest artist
It was too good for this shit world.

>Guest artist
LOL

>$5.99
LOL

So I can make out Scream, Carnage, Anti-Venom, Lasher, Toxin, Scorpion/Venom, and classic Venom

Not sure who that is behind Carnage. She-Venom?

There's a bigger version of that picture right here

>Not sure who that is behind Carnage. She-Venom?

Probably, since it looks like it has the spider symbol.

Guess we'll know when it's colored.

>I'd pick this up if it wasn't a huge piece of shit

Well it IS a Venom book.

Speaking of She-Venom, there's Ann with Brock at their wedding in the second panel and again in the fifth panel with the cracked wedding photo. She-Venom was also pictured in a spread in Venom #3 and Devin Lewis mentioned her in an interview. What if they're bringing Ann back?

bump

...why? WHY would they waste Tradd Moore on the absolute garbage that is Costa's writing?!?

At least they're being honest about it.

>Devin Lewis mentioned her in an interview

"Venom’s had a lot of incarnations and hosts over the years– be it Eddie Brock, Ann Weying, Patricia Robertson, Angelo Fortunato, Mac Gargan, or Flash Thompson. Everyone has their favorite, but there’s one common denominator: the symbiote."

newsarama.com/32138-venom-returns-to-classic-1990s-form-with-new-host-back-to-basics-mentality.html

>WHY would they waste Tradd Moore on the absolute garbage that is Costa's writing?!?

I don't, I don't even know man.
I don't want Eddie anywhere near Costa. Or flash either for that matter.

Well it looks like Robbie Thompson will be writing the Flash part, not Costa.

Huh....you might be on to something. In the, what 10 years since she's been gone, this is the most she's been mentioned or even seen. Could there be hope for a bright future for Eddie, or are we just in the niceer part of the dumpster fire?

Here are your futures:
Venom is a huge hit lots of sales and good story but Bendis now wants his piece of the pie and ruins Eddie in such a way that no one will want him as Venom anymore

Sales are poor and they take that as a sign Eddie Venom isn't popular, thus they will write him out in a horrid way and move to host #15

Mediocre sales keep the story good but cancellation still hits the book and Venom bleeds to the background likely to only pop up when remembered

well.....crap

I'm getting a sneaking suspicion this whole progressive crap Marvel has been doing following this 180 of nostalgia service is some New Coke to Classic Coke scheme.

Shit I want to disagree with that but Bendis has injected himself to every character and book the moment they reach that peak interest in the market for the last 6 years. I worry about Nova now too.

So...Costa promised brains will be eaten?

Will Eddie be the one eating brains?

So does this mean army ranger guy is gonna fuck off?

I hope not, the ride has been crazy enough as it's been to do that big a heel turn after trying to make the suit goody two shoes for the last 2 years would make a huge mess.

Who the fuck knows anymore. For the last decade both Venom and Eddie have had a serious clusterfuck of story telling that I wouldn't bat an eye at 4 Venoms coming out of this story.

Well this *is* Costa we're talking about, and if there's one thing Costa knows how to do, it's edge. I wouldn't put anything past him now that I've read pic related.

An unfortunate side-effect of Alonso's "offer every book to Bendis first" policy.

Here's the thing, once it's Eddie at the wheel, Costa can't write anymore of his The Darkness/Venom crossover fanfiction. It might not be good but it should at least be better.

Unless he makes Eddie completely OOC and just the Darkness with blond hair. I mean just look at Eddie in the Carnage book, since when as Eddie been an Oohrah soldier guy?

Since they wanted Flash but he was in space so they used Eddie and just turned him into Flash instead?

So if Costa wants Zack Flair but can't write him because he was killed by Eddie or whatever, then he'll just write Eddie like that.

O-oh jeez

I mean they paired Mike Allred with fucking Dan Slott for almost 3 years

I e-mailed Gerry Duggan recently to point out that Deadpool would be getting very close to issue 200 right about now by this same logic and asked if Marvel had any plans along these lines. He took about five days to get back to me by saying "You better believe it," which makes me hope that he spent those five days talking to Marvel, doing the numbers and making it happen before confirming.

I really like the aping of McFarlane's style of drawing Venom in the upper left there. It's a nice callback to the roots of the character.

>Reading mail more than once per week

>A second back-up by classic Spider-Man writer Dave Michelinie and artist Ron Lim will flashback to Venom's "Lethal Protector" days.

Maybe we'll finally get another appearance by the Jury.

WE ARE VENOM

Bump

>Wanting stupid wank numbers
user please.

Bump

>Tradd Moore is on art because holy shit.
PICKED THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW.

>guest artist Tradd Moore
Well, I'll pick up this issue at least then.

>guest artist
>$5.99

Goddammit why does this board have to be so damn cynical?

>Ann gets brought back
>She becomes the new Anti-Venom

Okay so I know that some fans feel that only Brock should be Anti-Venom but I still think the above happening would be awesome and since She-Venom is obviously off the table Anti-She-Venom would be the next best thing for Ann.

I'm gonna keep an open mind. The fact that we don't actually know much about what'll happen plotwise has me intrigued and even a bit excited to be honest.

>Moore's guest artist
Well I guess I'm a guest reader.

>Goddammit why does this board have to be so damn realistic?

>Tradd Moore
It's really a pity he wasn't born 20 years ago, the 90s needed someone good at art to be this edgy

Maybe to boost sales? People like Moore, but not Costa.

It works if it's a homage to The Hunger story and they mention the need to consume chocolate.

>Tradd Moore on Venom
interest risen by 50%
now if only Costa is gone i can go full hype

>Costa is taken off Venom
>Bendis takes over

I'd prefer Zeb Wells take over.