How long until Disney buys Games Workshop and makes a Warhammer 40k movie?

How long until Disney buys Games Workshop and makes a Warhammer 40k movie?

Within the next 5 years I would guess, its the last holdout now.

why would they?

Because it's time to run another franchise into the dirt.

like 40k ever crawled out of it?
i mean i like it but it has only 2 good games and no movies
it has such a massive lore it will hard to put any of it into a 2h movie, tv show could work and it will probably cost fuckton to make
+ it should be gory and scary and all that shit
not a disney style

How long until one corporation finally buys out or merges in all the others and literally becomes America Inc? Who's it gonna be, Apple? M$? Google? FB? Amazon?

Never, Games Workshop is for retards. WB will buy them.

Marvel was bankrupt in the 90s. When people get tired of dumb fun and edgy dark shit is popular again 40k would be a brand worth owning. It already has toys Disney could make money from if they lowered GW prices to something not insane.

Myspace comes back in a big way in 2020 and gains enough momentum to buy fb google and amazon
T. The time traveler

how long until JJ ruins it and how will he ruin it with his perverted agenda of filth>?

that feelio when you never were able to get into D&D or 40k or any of that stuff because you never had anyone to play with and the miniatures were expensive

I only know about the stuff from some video games but 40k seems pretty NC-17 to me, just obscene violence. Not the mention the incomprehensible lore.

Same. Always thought that stuff looked fun as hell but I never knew anyone that wanted to get into it.

i felt those feels

>tfw No Ciaphas Cain series
>tfw No Gotrek and Felix series

>ciaphas cain series
>LITTLE DID I KNOW every seven fucking seconds

Even with that admittedly irritating writing trait, as well as the last 2 books having basically recycled plots, it's still among the best BL series.
False Hero syndrome Commissar beats daddy issues and beating off Abaddon every day of the weak

You just put more thought into it than Disney ever will. Not saying fhey won't milk it for whatever they can get, but you're talking about the same guys who just raped all the soul out of one if the best moments in all of Marvel Comics.

that says more about the shit quality of most of black library's books more than anything else
you want a good fucking film, you adapt Eisenhorn

For real, a warhammer fantasy game of thrones style show would be sick

I just bought the minis and painted them for myself.

Oh god no, could you imagine how much they would fuck it up?
>Ooops, we can't have no good factions whatsoever, so let's change the Imperium of Man's entire structure to make it understandable to general audiences
>But let's also have a sub story of the Imperium being rac- I mean, speciest to Xeno that dindu anything wrong (Keyword is Dindu)
>Female Space Marines (Ignoring the sisters of battle for no reason again)
>Everything must be "HUMANITY, FUCK YEAH" for the most part rather than a grim future
>Subtly imply that Horus did nothing wrong
>Make the battles seem like there are millions of Space Marines per chapter rather than just 1000 like in the lore

Disney would change 40k for the worse.

w40k is too over the top for normies to like it

What armies do you guys have?

I've got a Tau and Necron army that destroys Chaos fucks (Except berserkers, fuck those guys)

>>Subtly imply that Horus did nothing wrong
I don't know how to break this to you, but the HH series has been doing this for years now, albeit by making the Emperor a dribbling retard.
All because one faggot can't get over his daddy issues.

I don't keep up with HH for a while now but really? That's stupid. All followers of Chaos are evil (Well... followers of Nurgle are the least evil because they just want love I guess... in form of diseases but still love)

It's really sad.
The TL;DR is that The Emperor was actually a complete sociopath that didn't give a single solitary shit about the Primarchs and their legions. He allegedly didn't even think of them as names, only as numbers, which is why he didn't address the blatant problems of ones like Angron, or address Magnus in a reasonable way.
It's amazing how they missed the original point of him falling because of human fallibility, despite being a God.

If anything it's bonzebuddy

This is just an undercover cunny thread you dirty fucker

No please.

Dan Abnett doesn't write about 40k, but no one has the heart to tell him.

>walking to your class IV-hub after a 14 hours shift in the hive manufactorum
>Sister Valryka of the Little Space Wolves lands in front of you
"HEY FAG, YOU STINK LIKE HERESY! ARE YOU CONSPIRATING AGAINST THE ALL-FATHER?"

What do?

Decide she'll make a fine gift

*unzips chainaxe*

Chaos Marines, with plenty of berzerkers

Because it's a inconsistent, bloated, and juvenile setting, not a narrative to be adapted.

I know you autistic people don't realize this, but you have to understand that functional adults would have no interest in a film that is nothing but vapid exposition about unrelatable collective groups that engage in giant CGI battles.

they wouldn't even touch it because*

40k don't need anyone to do that
It's already super shit

true but SJWS are such cancer they had peta force games workshop to remove all furs from the space wolves citing animal abuse

Okay guys, fetish time, what would you do to op's image?

For me I just want to punch a whole in that front box and barely submerge my dick in her cunny while mostly fucking a layer of cardboard. id cum right on her cooch and she'd have to tell her dad why her costumes dirty!

Nerds: They should make a live-action movie out of (anime, video game, or tabletop game)!!!!!!
Hollywood Studio: *makes it*
Also Nerds: WAAAAAAH NO THAT SUCKED!

>Because it's a inconsistent, bloated, and juvenile setting, not a narrative to be adapted.

This. Honestly i tried to get into the Lore etc. But its really just edgy shit with nothing interesting at all besides " Hurr durr Heresy we are at constant war ".

>I only read "spcae marine battles™" books

Also humans are pretty much fascists to the extreme in the 40k universe. There's no way Disney could sell that would effectively destroying the entire cannon which cause a massive shit warpstorm that would blow Ghostbuster 2016 out of the water. You wanna piss off fat nerdy men? Tell them their Space Marines are problematic and must be changed to make them more marketable to women and minorities.

>tfw 40k gets bought by WB
>tfw we get a 2 hour long animated anthology ala the Animatrix

>like 40k ever crawled out of it?¨
That's right my man. Fantasy was superior, too bad GW killed off the world.

>Subtly imply that Horus did nothing wrong

No no no. You make Horus an allegory of the alt-right and how all this was done to preserve "human culture" which was being destroyed by the Emperor becoming allies with aliens and making human worlds open to them for settling along side humans. Also give him Trump like hair, you know, for subtlety.

Well if they show humanity in any light, they're doing it wrong. Humans in 40k are a fascist group that promote human superiority above all other races regardless. They're also very staunch about removing any kind of mutation even something as simple as an extra digit. Get caught being a mutant and you're dead. Also human psykers are enslaved into service either though working for the military or being a living battery to keep the emperor's corpse "alive" so it can remain a beacon in the warp and keep the psychic barrier around Earth going so Chaos doesn't instantly invade and destroy it.

this is the correct take. It would be hard to make it acceptable and good for mainstream

nobody cares about wh40k

everybody cares about star wars, even normies

>Because it's a inconsistent, bloated, and juvenile setting
Kinda like Star Wars, huh?

>Well if they show humanity in any light, they're doing it wrong. Humans in 40k are a fascist group that promote human superiority above all other races regardless.

Jesus Christ the Marxist brainwashing really got to you didn't it? It's a fictional universe that literally spans a galaxy and you're calling the fascist white supremacists.

Turn down the shilling for 5 fucking seconds you fucking SJW.

>Well if they show humanity in any light

What did this retard mean by this?

Poor kid got dragged into the autism.

>It already has toys
they are not toys. they are figures that cost lots of money

I never said white supremacists. Fascist =/= white supremacist. It's a type of politics.

Part of the appeal of the Imperium is that they are authoritarian. I don't know about the white part though.

The imperium spans millions of planets that are governed by every system from paleolithic to neo feudalism to anarchic. The IG is apolitical. They simply don't give a fuck who you are or where you're from. They only demand that you die for the emperor or die trying. The Astartes are modeled after the militant monastic orders of the crusades. They're religious fanatics, not political fascists.

And the reason they're so xenophobic is because every single fucking species they encounter wants to rape them to death and legions of chaos are trying to subvert them and then rape them to death. Their behavior is entirely rational.

They are closed-minded and zealous but that's part of the "over the top" lore and tone of the entire franchise. It's supposed to be GRIMDARK to just about the point of parody.

Take off the fucking SJW problem glasses and have some fun with it.

I know that. If anything they're kinda like humans in Starship Troopers which isn't surprising at all seeing how space marines in that also wore a power armour.

I also think people are misunderstanding my original post. I said it would be wrong to show humanity in a positive way because how they are in the lore of 40k. They're not a positive looking outlook for humans much like the world on 2000 A.D isn't a positive look at the future.

FYI I'm actually the user that created the Angry Marines, so I have a fondness for the universe. Proof? Here's the original design I made during DoW Winter Storm which was my first real exposure to 40k.

Of course humans aren't the good guys. They're just a bunch of retards with flashlights facing the horrors of the universe. You don't have to have a clear "good and evil" for a conflict. Relatable villains are the best villains.

>There'll never be a nids movie with a squad of guardsmen dying to the last one with the planet being firebox bed from orbit to end the movie

>they're kinda like humans in Starship Troopers
eh, I'd say those lads are manufacturing conflict for the sake of maintaining control a la 1984 whereas in 40k it is literally kill or be killed

You do know the Emperor's purpose for going to the stars was to go on crusades and conquer other alien worlds for humans to settle, right? Humanity also likes to kill off other non-space faring intelligent species for colonization. I mean they did plan on wiping out the Tau when they were still a tribal species for that exact purpose but their ships got destroyed in a warp storm saving them from extermination.