DC Comics To Do To Looney Tunes What They’ve Done To Hanna-Barbera

Last year, DC Comics published a new line of Warner Bros-owned Hanna-Barbera titles which radically transformed the characters. A post apocalyptic Scooby Doo and Wacky Raceland, a universe of Future Quest, a post-modern prehistoric Flintstones and, to come, a gay southern playwright Snagglepuss and WWII fighter aces Dastardly and Muttley.

Now, announced to retailers at ComicsPRO, DC Comics is to do the same to the Looney Toons, also owned by Warner Bros. So that’s Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, the Tasmanian Devil and many others.

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/16/dc-comics-looney-tunes-theyve-done-hanna-barbera/

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/33203-dc-superheroes-looney-tunes-crossovers-coming.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHAT A TIME TO BE A DCFAG

so who's going to be gay? i'm betting Tweety, Sylvester, or Elmer. i would say Daffy but he's too much of a prick to them to make gay (poor representation you see)

Is the Old Looney tunes comic getting cancelled.

DC - LOONEY TUNES CROSSOVER INCOMING!!

ARE YOU READY FOR TAZ-MANIA?

The Scooby Doo comic wasn't, so nope?

I WANT HIM AS THE NEW MATTER EATER LAD IN LOSH

Bugs is already gay

I can see it now: Mark Russell pens a new miniseries starring Wile E. Coyote titled "My Dinner With Road Runner".

How many imprints does DC need?

>The Scooby Doo comic wasn't, so nope?
Thank god

newsarama.com/33203-dc-superheroes-looney-tunes-crossovers-coming.html

Can't wait for daffy to turn into a cuck and bubs to come out as trans and stop making jokes I guess

The Hanna-Barbera books aren't published under an imprint. They're still under the DC branding.

Only Young Animal, Vertigo, and Wildstorm are actual imprints.

>With André the Road Runner
Fixed.

>DC is making great things from WB's properties
it's supposed to be the other way around!

Wait are these real covers? I don't care if it's a Looney tunes crossover I will scrape my dick over shattered glass for more Jonah Hex

Your dad is gay

Amazing.

>Elmer Fudd shot Bruce's parents because he mistook them for rabbits
The pieces are all coming together after all these years.

I want Daffy and Porky Pig as Gotham Central detectives.

FUCKING HYPED

That was the joke, but at least you got it.

What else does WB have that DC can exploit?
Good gravy, could you imagine the bank they'd make if they published a comic book version of "Harry Potter"?

>There will be a Ralph the Wolf and Sam the Sheepdog book about the struggles of the working class
>There will be a Yosemite Sam book where Sam is a morally ambiguous bounty hunter in the old west
>There will be a Coyote and Roadrunner book where the Coyote and the Roadrunner are the last living beings on Earth after a great disaster and are in constant competition to survive as well as constantly trying to interact in order to stave off their crushing loneliness

>Good gravy, could you imagine the bank they'd make if they published a comic book version of "Harry Potter"?
never ever ever. j.k. said it will never happen so we will never see a wizard shit themselves and magic it away

Will serial rapist Pepe Le Pew finally be brought to justice?

See These are going to be actual crossover specials.

>What else does WB have that DC can exploit?

Anything from Cartoon Network I would imagine. I see no reason why PPG and Samurai Jack should have been published under IDW

>a comic book version of "Harry Potter"
The Books of Magic

Because DC had no interest in publishing them, user.

This reminds me: Has there been any expansion to the HB books supposedly existing in one single universe?

It wouldn't have to be an original series. It could just be ripped straight from the novels. Hell, allow J.K. Rowling to oversee the project and add/edit old stuff she doesn't like anymore. It'll be the Special Edition of Harry Potter, right down to a black Hermione.

Shame shes so against it. I can't see anyone making something worse than that Cursed Child piece of shit

And Adventure Time is over at Boom Studios.

For some reason, Cartoon Network wants anyone BUT DC to work on their properties.

I meant logistic reason

Wow, this...this sounds terrible.

Doesn't WB own them both? Can't they just slap some sense into the CW execs?

Tamaranean justice, yes.

So the hipsters who like those series can buy the comics without feeling like traitors, user.

was cursed child that bad

>Loony Tunes news out of ComicPRO has more people hyped than Marvel Rebirth.
What a fucking time to be alive.

kill yourself boco you piece of shit it sounds amazing

It's gonna be THIS all over again...

The last one sounded like a Twlight Zone episode

Will you fuck off Boco you fucking cunt. Seriously just fucking kill yourself.

WB has never even TRIED to get their divisions to work together. Remember how CN fucked over D.C. Universe?

What? Why?

>Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner

My niggas

Still waiting for my 70's Hong Kong martial arts movie inspired Hong Kong Phooey series, prohibition era Top Cat, Captain Caveman, All-Star Western styled Quick Draw McGaw, Tom and Jerry, Horror Funky Phantom and Cold War era Yogi Bear.

Hell throw Sealab in there somewhere.

Wb doesn't control Harry Potter, JK Rowling does.

>not filtering that pathetic tripfag
How new are youse?

HMMMMM?

>Starfire out-hornied Pepe Le Pew.

Bitch be horny.

So these will be an actual book like the DC/Hannah Barbera crossovers right? Cause I definitely wanna read Lobo/Road Runner.

Please don't publically agree with me, Boco.

I don't want you on my side.

i mean you cant possibly ruin looney tunes like what LTS and wabbit did

loonatics was not that bad fuck you

yes

If they have freedom to write established characters in homosexual relationships then it's time to make Hanna-Barbera biggest OTP canon.

lts was good

Hermione is minister for magic, they have time turners that conveniently work under different rules. Harry's son Albus Severus makes friends with Dracos son and they fuck things up so bad with the time turner trying to bring Cedric Diggory back that they create a timeline where Harry dies and Voldemort won. Turns out this was all an Ebin scheme by Voldemorts daughter who he had with Bellatrix. Yeah Voldemort has a daughter now. And they all end up going back to the night Harry parents were killed for some reason

Its even worse than I'm describing

Starfire can out horny a tentacle monster

>making the looney tunes gay
nah dude

Noir Inch High private Eye

fgs boco even I'm not this bad...

Boco, I swear to almighty moot, your taste gets shittier every time you post. Just shut the fuck up.

To be fair, we don't even know if "Guardians" is going to be "Marvel Rebirth". There's a difference between "Here's some artwork by Alex Ross for a future Marvel project" and "You know the Hanna-Barbera books? We're doing that again, but with Looney Tunes" in terms of the actual information being given.

I think they're just variant covers, unless I missed a news article somewhere.

>moot

Who?

It's Loonatics all over again. You know I'm right.

Because Marvel's "Rebirth" will be no such thing. They will throw a few older guys back into roles but all the other problems will still be there. They're aren't genuine about any of this and they're going to charge $5.99 for the privilege

Him.

how old is the daughter like 20 because albus was born a few years after ol tom died, so the daughter should be older

Will that lead into Nu Tiny Toons I wonder.
You could write some sad shit with Furrball

I recall you saying the same shit about the Hanna Barbera line so no. You've never been right about anything

She is older. She passes herself off as Cedric cousin if I recall

>Duck Dodgers vs. The Green Lantern Corp
Fund it!

What did he compare the Hanna Barbera line to? Yo Yogi?

I remember reading that another minor plot point is people think malfoy was cucked by voldemort via time travel? I never read it because the play script format put me off

No I didn't. I love the HB line.

>be vewy, vewy caweful. We'we hunting Jokew
This crossover won't end well.

Shit I knew I forgot someone, also Swords and Sorcery Mightor.

Do you enjoy being wrong all the time?

Eat shit Boco

The only way this could be even better is if they also involve John Carter's Mars and the Mars Attacks Martians

It's something like that. There's loads of dumb shit in it

The rights to those franchises are in other hands.

I know.

That your default response when you're wrong?

boco what the fuck have I told you about having a backbone.

Why are people excited for edge-dark reboots?

John Carter's rights are a little complicated. I think that technically, he's in the public domain (along with Tarzan) but the trademark or something like that is still owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs' estate.

You know, Gwen Poole.

That should be anyone's response when they talk to you

Oh, shut up, Boco. Have a little faith.
It's your kind of attitude that nixed "Wacky Races" from an ongoing to a six-issue mini.

>Edge dark

Yeah I'm sure that's what this will be

>Why are people excited for edge-dark reboots?

They're being "ironic".

The only thing bad about Wacky Races (Hell, the whole HB line) was that the cars talked.

I'll give this the benefit of the doubt, since HB Beyond turned out so well, but if this doesn't at least have comical overtones...then they're totally missing the point.

Already happened m8

That's what the Hanna Barbera reboots are literally.

I'm sure it will. You don't pit Elmer Fudd against Batman and try to play it straight

Scooby Doo and Wacky Races were but Flintstones and Future Quest aren't

Here's hoping.