What the FUCK happened to Pixar?

What the FUCK happened to Pixar?

They don't need to try anymore. Once you captivate a generation with a gimmick like "First CGI animated film" you have them for all eternity and know that all awards and praise are automatic no matter what. Doesn't help their fanbase is very much composed of retards. The only bigger retards are videogame fans.

Most of their veterans and staff moved on to the Disney Animated Canon.

I noticed a sharp decline since Cars 2, any movie after that wasn't as good as the films released prior to it. I just hope The Incredibles 2 is an exception.

Cars 2 was quality going off a cliff.

I'm given to understand the primary talent moved with Lasseter after the acquisition

They used up all of the good ideas they had in that one lunch meeting 20 years ago.

Strangely, I'm interested in Cars 3 even though I think that franchise is trash.

Disney.

That trailer for Cars 3 hit a lot of good notes.

I'm a sucker for sports-comeback movies, though.

They're not as consistent as they used to be but their track record is still good enough for me to care. I just don't really understand how they pick their projects. I get that they keep making Cars movies even though everybody hates them because that franchise prints money, but why would they make sequels that nobody wants and then make us wait fucking 15 years for the Incredibles 2? Did they just not have any decent ideas?

Lost a lot of original people.

Disney moved in and took over.

Last I heard it was because Brad Bird had way too many ideas for a sequel and wanted to start on it when he would find out how to make most of those elements work together.

They're carefully setting up the Incredibles/MCU crossover animated cinematic universe.

>High school basketball state finals
>Team down by 1 with possession with clock running out
>The captain gets the ball from the team's ace
>Half-court setup double teams him
>But he's not the shooter
>Passes
>The geek in glasses hits the game-winning shot at the buzzer
>Triumphant music

It's cliche but the good kind of cliche.

Inside Out was good you faggots

It was good but it wasn't the quality that people used to expect from Pixar. Feels like any disney animated film desu.

>The only bigger retards are videogame fans.

CoD is actually losing fans. Pixar is still as big as ever.

They belong to Disney!
Which they stay busy!
Cracking out magic and assembly-line whimsy!

The same fans that reacted with universal disdain at the announcement of this movie?

>tfw ERB will never have a battle as good as that ever again

They should have ended the series on that, honestly

Where on Earth can "Toy Story 4" go?

It's not like they can just tell Andy their life story, and he's been a constant in their lives.

It was hilarious to see ERB make fun of their own boss.

The toys have to deal with the fact that the growing accessibility of entertainment electronics is swiftly making many forms of childhood recreation completely obsolete, most notably playing with toys.

The same ones that made BH6 and Zootopia?

>it was good but not Pixar good

That's stupid though, and it's exactly the problem. Pixar was so killer right out of the gate that people now get angry at anything less than perfection and pretend like Pixar has lost their touch.

Toy Story 2 > Cars > Monsters Inc=The Incredibles > Toy Story > Finding Nemo > A Bug's Life > Ratatouille > Monster's University > Up=Wall-E > Toy Story 3 > Inside Out

this isn't to say that any of them are bad. just which i prefer over the others by no specific degree. anything not listed i haven't seen

Honestly disagree, I think Inside Out is one of Pixar's best in years. As soon as I heard the concept I was intrigued and I think the execution held up

You get that fucking list out of here. If you think for one second that cars beats Ratatouille or UP, you have a double digit IQ.

What if it's good?

Then we'll see all the exact same threads, but replace the "4" with a "5"

Rinse and repeat

>Film has them smashing all of the evil electronics in the house
>Parents replace all of them
>The toys are now on suicide watch

Inside Out was great

Toys 4: Uprising

>Cars that high

>ranking Cars and A fucking Bug's Life higher than half of that list

>An ancient toyset awakens.

>not knowing how to quote posts

Okay, I know we all have opinions, but that's a doozy.

then again, it's probably b8

it's not
:(

well then ... good for you, I guess.

Although wall-e that low and cars that high -- wew lad

I think we can all agree on this

>Cars that high
>Wall-E that low
>Inside Out on the wrong end of that list
kys my man

No, that's retarded

>God tier era
Bug's Life is good, but it earns its reputation solely by being surrounded by great movies. It's nowhere near as "top notch" as the rest.

>ratatouille that low
kill yourself

>wall-e and up
the line is shown as a trend line between ratatouille and TS3, even though it should shoot right up for Wall-E (Well, really, it should be for Ratatouille)

>brave and Monsters U lower than Cars
No

>"Sequels plague this era, also cars 2
Autism

>that assumed trajectory
fucking kek

Honestly this chart is just straight garbage

Zootopia wouldnt happen if not Pixar reminded WDAS that they were supposed to make a family movie.

how could that happen..?

>you will never get a mature dystopian cartoon animal people film from gisnep
>Disney will never again consider making a movie with a darker tone

>mature

from what i saw it was dark, but definately not mature.

The same thing that's made Disney go "Yeah just make a live action Aladdin prequel focusing on the Genie despite Robin Williams being dead and him probably hating that idea regardless. The people really want to see that"

>Rataouille
>Shit happens era

Rataouille will always be the most underrated Pixar movie. That movie made me cry like a bitch.