MST3K COMIC INBOUND

darkhorse.com/Blog/2469/not-too-distant-future-dark-horse-reveals-partners

Seems like they're going all out with this reboot. What d'you guys think, will the show translate to comics well?

It would be great to see them riff on old bad comics... Dark Horse certainly has a few of them in their catalog or they could even license some. Basically reprinting them with added dialogue as commentary. More likely it will be something far more boring though, just comics about Joel or Mike or greasy new guy and the bots.

I'm mostly interested to see if we're getting Joel or Mike

Are they going to mock movies in the comic or comic based movie or what? How is it going to work?

Probably not as much, if they stick to their usual riffing formula. Adding riffs through captions will probably fbe a lot more clunky than with audio.

Also, depends what the content would be. Would it just kind of be like a comic spin-off based on the mid-show segments, just showing daily life on the Satellite of Love? Or would it be more like the Awful Storytimes we do here?

No. Franchising MST3K will prove to be a mistake, mark my words. The show is a product of its time and I see no good coming out of this reboot. Rifftrax is more than serviceable in this day and age.

Way to completely miss the point.

Who gives a shit?
This is just more merchandise for Joel to jew off of.
I hope he gets fucking cancer and I'm glad Patton's wife died.

What am I looking at, and does it have a rifttrax?

>I hope he gets fucking cancer and I'm glad Patton's wife died.

I read somewhere that during the show's Sci-Fi channel revival, there were plans on making a MST3K comic, but they fell through

Have no idea who was publishing or writing, it could have been in-house at Best Brains for all I know

Animated series where they review bad cartoons when?

Joel.
Mike, Kevin, and Bill are still doing Rifftrax and have nothing to do with the new MST3K other then giving it their blessing.

Octaman, no.

Yeah, I remember someone did a MST of some old David Gonterman comics years ago, and it was pretty hard to read. (Granted, the comic itself was in black and white, so that made it even more difficult to read)

My guess is that if they were to do riffing, I could see them going after public domain stuff from the 1940's-1950s, like Stardust or something.

Kevin and Bill are going to do a guest spot on one of the new episodes.

That's the type of shit they should be making. I got gypsy and servo from the collectors edition dvd's but I'd love to have a complete set sitting on my shelf.

Is it Joel or Jonah? If they're tieing it into the reboot, I would assume they'd want to have the new cast in it, including the hipster beta male we're getting for a host.

But how is this going to work

YOU'RE GETTING SHITTY GODAWFUL OFF-MODEL FUNKO POPS SHOVED DOWN YOUR THROAT AND YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING LIKE IT, YOU CUNT

I hate that you're probably right. Funko's were a mistake and I hate that I actually own a few.

Boo
They should riff on some of DH's awful Comics' Greatest World stuff. But DH will never admit that those comics and characters are bad.

It happens user