It's never coming back edition

It's never coming back edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.14: Legacy of Mandalore (February 18)
Poe Dameron #11 (February 15th)

>Rebels 3.13: " Trials of the Darksaber
mega.nz/#!ZIlFXRgY!OqC3-RV8vZ1pcD8k-mkn4IvTeGp23PyrY13gbyj5xsE

>Rebels Recon: Trials of the Darksaber
youtu.be/netG0u3D2F0

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/5ub9gb/spoilers_empires_end_snoke_and_ben_solo/
starwars.com/news/quiz-which-droid-are-you
getcomics.info/marvel/star-wars-the-thrawn-trilogy-marvel-edition/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can't use the Dark Side for good.

What could they do to Finn to redeem him character wise?

I feel like someone should change the op to say, "In the name of Moraband".

No particular reason.

Hail Mandalore!

Zucchini karate, oshi o keyo

What if Snoke is Ziro?

>Who will lose their hand/arm? Kylo or Rey?
Neither
>Which of the four new main characters will die (Rey, Kylo, Finn Poe)?
None. Hux and Phasma and Snoke will die but no main characters. If any of them were, I'd say Poe for dramatic effect but they like making comics about him.
>Will they actually make Poe gay as some have rumored?
Yes. He'll mention having a boyfriend in one throwaway line for progressive points.
>Will Snoke end up being a character we have seen/heard of before or simply a new character?
New character. He's the ancient dark side force from Jakku that has taken over a body.
>Will Luke die? If yes, who will kill him?
No. They won't risk fan anger over that. Only reason Han is dead is because Harrison probably insisted.
>Will there be a romance between any of the new four? If so, between whom?
Rey and Kylo, unironically. Didn't believe it before but now it makes the most sense. Finn will get with the new Asian chick.
>How will Phasma die?
Finn blows her arm off out of anger.
>Will the new trilogy end with another reestablished Jedi Order-in-training?
Yes, but it won't be a "Jedi Order". It'll be some new, unique thing that the oh-so-enlightened Rey will come up with.
>Will there be another trilogy eventually?
Probably. Disney won't be able to help themselves eventually. Though I think they'll pad a good at least half-decade with anthology movies and other media before that happens.

Hail Maul, the true ruler of Mandalore!

Despite being the guy from the other thread who pointed out the dark side being negative and hate by definition, I'm not sure I agree on the whole.

The Jedi propped up a weak and corrupt government, one that turned a blind eye to places like Tatooine and the suffering there.

Now I'm not saying slavery was abolished under the Empire, because 'muh evil faction', but Mos Eisley gained a garrison of Stormtroopers. The galaxy as a whole became far, far more stable.

The Rebellion just destabilized it again, and the New Republic seems as ineffective as it took the Old Republic 'a thousand generations' to become. Certainly, no one cared about people like Rey or Finn, or noticed the rise of the First Order.

Despite being ruled by a horrific eldritch abomination of a man, the Empire does seem to have been a general force for good. Dark siders seem to upset things when they start to stagnate.

my super special grey jedi EU character can

I want to watch the CGI clone wars series
Should I start with the 2008 movie?

starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
Use this.

>the Empire does seem to have been a general force for good

b-b-b-but corruption of the force

How did Sheev explain his weird deformity after becoming emperor

what did they even do for propaganda

>no subject heading

Thermal urself my man

The empire was a force for order as long as you were a human

I'd imagine they just use his Supreme Chancellor look on posters.

Maul surviving his fight with obi wan is the most retarded thing in Disney Wars

That includes the sabercopters too

Actually yes you can

I'll delete it if someone wants to make a new one

>one that turned a blind eye to places like Tatooine and the suffering there.

The Republic wasn't something that was spread throughout the entire galaxy. Tatooine was not apart of the Republic and was well outside of it's border. Basically like 97% of the Outer Rim was outside of the Republic's border, which was almost half of the known galaxy. You can't fault the Republic for not doing shit in the Outer Rim because the Republic had little to no expansion into that region.

That was actually Lucas's decision.

I agree
Obi-Wan was fast tracked to knight because he killed a sith lord
So now why he was fast tracked to night?

Are you underage faggots even Star Wars fans? In RotS Sheev clearly states that the jedi attack on him left him horribly scarred and disfigured.

You're wrong

>Maul surviving his fight with obi wan is the most retarded thing in Disney Wars

There's no such thing as 'Disney Star Wars'. And Maul was brought back years before George sold Lucasfilm.

I'll admit I haven't watched the prequels since the un-cheesed versions were taken off youtube

>"The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed. But, I assure you, my resolve has never been stronger."

>Passion, yet emotion
>Serenity, yet peace

What?

It's Hutt for "Nothin personnel kid"

It's actually kind of funny. Under the Republic and New Republic, the only examples of 'civilian' life we saw were police-monks, rich people and their servants, aristocracy, slaves living in terrible poverty, criminals, kidnapped children turning into soldiers, and the resistance fighters who don't give a crap about slaughtering.

In comparison, at the height of the Empire we saw farm kids on Tatooine who longed to be taught to fly at the Imperial academy and living in relative safety, missionaries doing sanctioned mercy missions to desperate places, millions of jobs created through new military projects (heh), independent mining projects with entire flying cities that looked comfy as fuck to live in, and the native peoples of a occupied planet generally left alone despite being cannibalistic little monsters.

Because to our knowledge they never fucking tried. It was known enough to be gangster space that at least one Senate meeting should have involved absorbing them into the fold.

>inb4 muh peaceful democracy.

More Empire's End spoilers: reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/5ub9gb/spoilers_empires_end_snoke_and_ben_solo/

Snoke has been pretty lackluster. Dude's just a stalking pedo.

Barriss was right

The Empire did seem like a pretty poppin' place if you were on the right planet. There was a lot of horrible things going on, planets rich in minerals were being stripped and the native populations forced to work in them. Similar situations on fertile planets for farming. We've seen in Rebels that locals were being forced to work in factories to build weapons for the Empire. Labor camps like on Wobani, and whatever spice world that caused Thane to defect. Organized crime like the Hutts with smuggling was on the rise. Slave trade was still going on.

DELETE THIS THREAD AND PUT /swco/ IN THE SUBJECT TITLE RETARD

My bad

Yeah, aside from blowing up Alderan, Lucas kinda failed to make the Empire evil.
Which is why we got additional shoots of people rejoicing in the special edition of Ep.VI, because a majority of viewers were favorable to the empire.
The PT didn't help, between the deliquescent republic and all the civil servants that are supposed to make a moral 180° as soon as Palpatine proclaimed the Empire.

Yeah, I don't know what I expected. This is basically Sheev/Anakin only happening even earlier.

>Because to our knowledge they never fucking tried.
Because the Republic has no standing army and angering the Hutts is not a good idea.

That part was so fucking shit. There was absolutely no reason for Imperial Center to celebrate the empire's demise especially since it meant that the era of it being the center of the galaxy will be over.

...Imperial Center? What?

"Galaxy became more stable"

Looool
So stable they had uprisings spreading literally a year after the Empire was created and this super stable lawful government pissed people off so badly that it got overthrown within 20 years despite insane military spendings.

There is another organized crime group at the time of the New Republic and no one does anything again

Ransolm Casterfo was right

The Tarkin Doctrine backfired in the worst way.

>It was known enough to be gangster space that at least one Senate meeting should have involved absorbing them into the fold.

I don't think the Republic 'absorbes' worlds into their fold. They invite worlds to become part of their community. If a world didn't want to join, the republic's constitution, or whatever they operate by, probably prohibits them from interfering. Tatooine, for example, was ruled by Jabba. He sure as fuck isn't going to join the Republic, so there's nothing they can do about it. He wants to promote slavery and whatever else he wants, then so be it. Logically, there should be nothing the Republic can do about the state of a planet they're not responsible for.

I hate the fucking concept of grey Jedi.

Its edgy bullshit.

Rejoice, for they will NEVER be canon

And it's not like the Empire changed anything, Jabba didn't seen to be bothered by the "change".

I feel so fucking old. Hold me .

I like. Redemption arc confirmed, or even more fucked up writers confirmed.

Bless Pablo the Wise!

I like the concept, but not as a unified order, but rather in the sense of a Ronin. Like a Jedi who refused to conform to the rigidity of the Jedi Order, but who also had no desire for power so they wouldn't end up falling to the dark side.

Not shabby.

Namefag is also a casual what else is new?

Basically Kyle, or more recently, Ahsoka.

While there is nothing physically stopping anyone from doing so it tends to go a bit monkey's paw at the best of times, and does the whole mental corruption bullshit.

So like you CAN use it for good, but the RESULT will be bad EVENTUALLY.

What do you want to see in TLJ?

I think the qualms people have with the concept of Grey Jedi, is that you aren't a Jedi if you don't conform to their beliefs. So rather than the designation "Grey Jedi", the individual is just a neutral force user.

>And it's not like the Empire changed anything, Jabba didn't seen to be bothered by the "change".

Actually, they did. Yeah, slavery was still big. But for folks like Owen Lars, the Imperial presence in the Outer Rim (where they weren't actively fucking shit up) was actually welcomed. Organized peacekeeping kept bandits and other lowlifes (and Tusken Raiders, in the case of Tatooine) from stealing, murdering, vandalizing and extorting from the more less-fortunate folks trying to eke out an existence. Granted, there was no guarantee a squad of Stormtroopers would not come in the night and make some family disappear for whatever reason.

It was an imperfect security, but it was still a much needed security that they probably hadn't ever had been getting beforehand.

Basically this. Hell, the poster boy Katarn fell to the dark side, quit after being redeemed, and then made sure to at least stay involved with Luke's order afterwards to keep him grounded.

Well they need another name besides Jedi, since they're not part of the Order. It's like calling yourself a Knight of the Templars when you've been kicked out of that monastic order for not being crusader-ish enough. We really need a canon term for an unaligned force user so no one will use something silly like Grey Jedi

The people shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of its people

>Freedon Nadd

>There's no such thing as 'Disney Star Wars'.

Yeah and le not canon shitposting don't either

I don't know, his argument was a bit weak at least in terms of "you either are a Jedi or you aren't" given we already have examples of very different kinds of Jedi. Sure if we consider there is an idealized form of what the Jedi should be, but we've seen too often that the Jedi stray from that. We also had wildly varying individuals such as Mace compared to "rogue Jedi" like Qui-Gon. We know the Jedi underwent a reformation at the birth of the Galactic Republic when they thought the Sith were extinct where they became peacekeepers suggesting the Jedi before weren't. I'd imagine they were probably what the Jedi became during the Clone Wars.

At some point we have to just admit that what a Jedi is/means has evolved over time, and varies depending on who you ask, even in-universe. Conceptually I agree with Pablo, but in practice it's a helluva lot messier. I mean if we go Full Wook the term "Dark Jedi" is still canon because it was used in a Star Wars Insider to describe Ventress once. Though it raises the question at which point did Barriss stop being a Jedi, or did she ever? She certainly used the skills they taught her, but did she compromise their philosophy? Even while we know they did? Hell, compare PT Yoda to OT Yoda where the little green machine's concept of a Jedi is rather changed due to what he learned from the war. There was time when he would have forgiven a little adventure, but sure as hell not to Luke.

>not including /swco/ in the OP
despicable

You can have entirely good intentions but they'll gradually become very warped along the way. In short order more often than not. Case in point, Anakin. But the cost of such was so heavy that he didn't fully comprehend the weight of everything he'd done until he silently started crying on Mustafar after the slaughter of the Separatist council.

This actually happens again after he slaughters the Tusken Raider camp and just as he makes the decision to intervene in Palpatine's arrest. Seems ro be a theme with Anakin - whenever he ends up compromising his morals for the percieved good of others, he dies a lot inside. Tusken Raiders being animals aside, he did say that he knew he was better than to act on primal emotion - which is only half true

If someone wants to make a new thread, feel free but it was too late for me to delete it by the time I noticed

sorry

>I still haven't got laid yet.

Lies! Delete this.

What if Snoke trained Kylo wrong, as a joke?

It's actually looking more and more like those of us who grew up with Legends are likely always going to turn to Legends if we want a fix of Luke, Leia and Han having post-RotJ adventure.

It's shaping up that Leia is a full time politician, Han a legitimate business man who might occasionally get dragged into shenanigans concerning his past, and Luke is off doing Jedi stuff and then adventuring for Jedi lore with Ben (which sounds fucking amazing, but we'll have to wait years to see.)

I was just re-reading the Thrawn Trilogy comics, and Luke meeting Mara, and it's so comfy. But it's also looking like something we will never get again, at least not post-RotJ.

A lot of his argument is that the order itself started losing its way. People like Qui-Gon defied the council but still adhered to the Jedi code. The issue there wasn't that Qui-Gon was "grey" or somehow a borderline Jedi, he was still very much a Jedi but didn't always agree with the council because they had become too focused on politics and obeying the senate.

It's hard to train someone to be strong and keep them completely mentally fucked at the same time for your ends.

>wrong
>implying training someone to actually use the force in practical ways, like freezing blaster bolts and paralyzing threats before they can become such, is wrong.

The psychological effect alone of this would be demoralizing as fuck.

>Thrawn trilogy
>comics

WHAT
H
A
T

It's recycling an old theory that Sheev had been manipulating Anakin and keeping an eye on him since he was in the womb (going hand in hand with the belief that Sheev and/or Plagueis had directly and intentionally created him). So not only is it just a more extreme version of Sheev's grooming, it brings in one of the dumber ideas people had back on 2005.

What happened?

>found them
>Thrawn looks dumb as shit

unreadable

Post pics please

starwars.com/news/quiz-which-droid-are-you
Which droid are you /swco/?

>You're Chopper!
>You have a lot in common with Chopper for a few reasons. You’re guilty of teasing your friends, you like to complain, and you like getting away from people as much as possible. That might not seem so great, but although you make an occasional fuss, you have a devotion to your family just like Chopper’s love for the Ghost crew. We think that’s pretty Wizard. Congratulations — you’re the irritable yet indispensable astromech Chopper!

getcomics.info/marvel/star-wars-the-thrawn-trilogy-marvel-edition/

I own the hardback, and it is one of the rarer released, and was reading through (in digital of course, no defiling the physical) it again to decide whether to sell it. I decided against it in the end, at least for now.

>Tfw did that drawing of Thrawn in my sketchbook
>looking decent as shit
>opened up my digital art program to ink it
>my pad is broken
>It will cost $500 to replace
>mfw

I remember even Zahn was annoyed at some of the art, specifically stuff like Talon Karrde being drawn like a biker dude (he's meant to have more of a swashbuckler look) and Mara Jade's now famous costume being used throughout when that particular look was only meant for a small portion of the story.

>Luke's lightsaber is blue.
>Shots tend to focus on Leia and Mara's asses.
>Lightsaber slices result in gore.

It was a more enlightened time.

>which vehicle would you want to travel in?
>resistance x wing
>x wing

Fucking rebels, x wings are overrated

Oh no, user, I'm sorry

I bet it's amazing.

>still adhered to the Jedi code.
Apparently Qui-Gon did not, at least not all the time. That was specifically what Obi-Wan called him out on saying if he followed the Code he'd be on the Council. He tells Obi-Wan he will do what he must.

So in that sense, I think the most idealized Jedi, to him, and I think we could argue overall (not without debate, of course) is no Code but rather the Will of the Force. Once you start following the rules written down by members of the Council, however well meaning, instead of listening to the Force then you are being more Order than Jedi, as Pablo himself as phrased it.

I personally believe there is evidence that Yoda himself believed this, although yeah I believe this is hardly irrefutable. When Yoda was training Luke it certainly wasn't a conventional education for a number of reasons, but involved a much more spiritual (and according to what New Canon has been revealing) therefore a truer or at least purer path. Sure it can be argued that there would be no point teaching Luke the Code or the institutionalized elements of the Order since there wasn't an Order anymore, however when it comes to passing on what he knows and hoping Luke will do the same, neglecting to teach Luke the structure of the old Order is telling. I honestly think Yoda came to see it as flawed and hoping Luke could start again fresh without repeating at the start some of the mistakes of the old Order... But clearly new mistakes were made. Oh well, they're all only human, or near-human, or not.

I am going to bet it was my roommate fucking around with it

but i can't prove it and he most likely won't own up to it. I did it just for that married user I want to die

Agreed

It's kind of hard not to enjoy post-Rotj EU more when all we have in nu-canon is Aftermath and a shameless remake of the first movie.

Revan will never be cool again after what TOR pulled

You forgot Bloodline and Before the Awakening in your anger, user.

ToR was a fucking mistake!

Theoretically you can since the Dark Side is all about using emotions to fuel your power. All you have to do is use positive emotions instead of negative ones. So use love, hope, empathy, resolve, etc. instead of anger or jealousy. Basically you'll be the force using equivalent of a Green Lantern, Blue Lantern, or a Star Sapphire.

>You're K-2SO!

>You’re a quick-witted jokester with the ability to succeed under pressure. Some people may be bothered by the daily dose of reality you dish out, but K-2SO taught us there’s nothing wrong with being blunt. Just like the Imperial droid-turned-Rebel, you’d be a great addition to any team. Congratulations – you’re the lanky and lovable K-2SO!

True, and I bet it will have great stuff all it's own (I'm looking forwards to the adventures of Luke and Ben, as I mentioned - especially if it's a show like TCW and Rebels), but they have basically charted out exactly what Leia and Han at least did for the entire span between RotJ and TFA, and that there have been no really interesting conflicts or shit since the Battle of Jakku.

Luke is, once again, our only hope. His adventures are being kept a mystery, likely so they don't commit to anything.

>literal power of friendship
You become a shonen protagonist?

Obi-Wan was also a Council shill. To him, "the Code" was whatever the Council said it was, not its intent, which is what Qui-Gon followed.

As for Yoda, since it was under his orthodoxy that the Jedi Code was violated so badly it cost him the entire Order, you're damn right he'd better have been trying something different with Luke.