Plot is ramping up

>Plot is ramping up
>Characters are growing and doing cool things that effect the other charecters
>Actual "stranger things" are happening
>People are dying, the entire town is at stake

>Ok now have an ENTIRE episode with characters you've only seen for 5 minutes that don't effect the main plot at all

What the FUCK did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_fEWQBQo9fE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The answer lies in the credits.

DUDE KIDS ON BIKES LOL

>plot is ramping up
The entire first season was the plot ramping up, im tired of that shit. I was hyped for season 2 but i hear its boring as fuck and barely anything happens, on top of other problems, so im probably not going to bother with it

This really did fuck me off, almost skipped the entire episode.

Wtf I love anarchocommunism now

>What the FUCK did they mean by this?
Backdoor pilot for a spinoff. It's pretty obvious, even the fact that the second season is one episode longer than the last.

>its boring as fuck
Yeah the first few are a little slow, but then it gets pretty nuts

Just finished season 2, what did I think of it?

garbage show, really

It went exactly as I thought it would. Cool first season, then falls of HARD when it tries to add to the idea

season 2 of Stranger Things makes me see how overrated season 1 is. Remove the 80s Nostalgia goggles and it's fucking complete garbage

a mid-season extravaganza can be great, if done right.

It should have been episode 6 (if they had to do it at all), then had fake outs throughout ep seven where Eleven might come back (to help Bob for example) but doesn't until the Byers home

Not only unknown characters, but literal SHIT tier ones. Absurdly bad 1 dimensional knock off suicide squad

This season was even better when I watched it a second time, skipping episode 7. The transition between episode 6 and 8 is completely seamless as though they never intended for there to be another episode, with episode 8 picking up mere seconds after the conclusion of episode 6. It actually increased my appreciation for the season.

If you skip that episode, how would the chage in El's appearbe explained?

Just leave it a secret, tons of old movies did that.

or just don't do it.
Leave her in the upside down for a longer time. have episode 7 be about her escape.
or leave her out of the season pretty much at all until that time, like you almost kind of forgot she exists.

They should have showed her meeting her sister in episode 6 and that's it. Nothing else needed to be explained since her appearance later implies what happened.

I just skipped it

Are you ADHD autistic fucks so retarded you can't handle one episode that follows Eleven outside of Hawkins?

It was abrupt and completely killed the momentum

My thoughts exactly. They really should have saved that episode for season 3

I keep saying this, the fucking episode should've happened right after 11 talks to her mom

It literally had no connection to the plot, and taught eleven nothing. The indian girl didn't even know about the alien monsters, which seem like a much bigger threat, especially since we have one as a more sympathetic character then last time.

It was a pointless waste of time and I would recommend skipping it

She taught Eleven how to use more of her powers.

it's literally just that one scene from x-men: first class, and Matthew Vaughn managed to do it in two minutes tops.

It's literally Gravity Falls Roadside Attraction-tier in how horribly placed it is narrative-wise.

Jesus christ. Why are some of you so fucking triggered? Move the fuck on.

By the way, it was purgatory all along, you fucking dumb faggots.

Stop using literally incorrectly, you goofs.

The director of the episode wouldn't have written it; just been chosen to helm it. The Duffer Bros are responsible for that episode 7 crap.

Would have made more sense, and seeing Hopper in danger without context would be good foreshadowing for (now) episode 7

Don't use those homophobic slurs or get the fuck out.

Ok but I bet the people who are so triggered by Episode 7 also thought it was purgatory all along after 6 years

>story about a guy who fights monsters
>he's about to start really kicking ass and go to the main big bad monster to kill him
>but then instead decides to go on a leisurely stroll around the town 20 miles away from where all the main monster fighting happens to look for a relative he forgot existed
>he has another, unrelated adventure there, while the main threat of monsters eating/killing everyone in the main town is constantly looming over the viewer's heads
>in the end his unrelated adventure doesn't teach him anything new, other than maybe meeting his old/new relative who doesn't do anything for the current plot of monsters threatening to kill people
>upon rewatch, it's discovered if you skip this episode the whole entire rest of the show flows a lot better
Why wouldn't we complain about something as shitty as this?

Tell me it isn't Gravity Falls Roadside Attraction-tier.

I thought it was great but you seem pretty determined to not like it so

This is the only likeable kid.

I wouldn't know, I don't watch kid's cartoons.

Literally worthless in season two

I don't like the kids.
Or the teens.
I mainly like the adults.

they were testing the waters for a spinoff

Literally least interesting kid other than W i l l.

am I the only one that likes Dustin the most?

We needed to see what El was doing and she needed to have a character arc. At least you don't miss anything by skipping it.

>Move that thing.
>You need to be more emotional
>The student has become the master.
And not a fucking montage in sight. Rubbish.

Would have been better if they sprinkled the scenes from the episode throughout the whole season instead of having one episode break the flow. Have Eleven take off earlier so it fits in with the time apart. Have Hopper worryingly splitting his time between trying to find her and still look after the town.

Yeah. Episode 7 was bizarre. It felt more like a mini movie about a run away than part of the actually narrative. I guess it wraps up 11's search for family storyline and makes her realise that her real family is in Hawkins. But it should not have been all 1 episode. They should have combined 6 &7 and recut them.

I'm on s02e04, what is the epiode so I can skip it?

Well i liked punk eleven and i think they did it as an omage to the warriors or something and as a way to delay her cool reunion with the rest of the group.

I am really more concerned about Will and Winona being used the same way they where used on season one you know... intead of lights he uses a map and morse and she still goes crazy about it.

Everyone else kind of moved to a different place but they kept doing the same.

Eleven meets her sister and gets a makeover. That's the whole episode.

7, but don't skip it. It adds backstory and character development to Eleven. The only real complaint is how it suddenly breaks away from the serious shit that happens at the end of episode 6.

honestly I'm not liking season 2 that much. The kids were great in season but now they feel like they're just kinda there. Nancy and Jonathan hanging together isn't fun anymore and even Jonathan isn't as cool to watch as he was in season 1. The adults are kinda bland as well. Best things right now are Steve, Max and that turbochad that appeared out of nowhere.

Home Decorating with Stranger Things, Starring Winona Ryder.

Sorry I thought you meant what was it about. If you're not sure, just try going directly from 6 to 8 for a little while to see if you care, but I guarantee you won't go back to watch 7

Has anyone called S2E7 "weird"? Because I sure as hell haven't seen that reaction. I've heard it called pointless but, certainly not weird. I thought it was rather boring myself. Reminded me of a less fun version of those 90's cartoons with the forced diversity. or just imagine this with none of the charm:

youtube.com/watch?v=_fEWQBQo9fE

And yeah sometimes saying "forced diversity" just means "too many non-whites i am uncomfortable here" but, fuck, i think anyone who wants to call this episode forced diversity is fully justified in doing so.

Buddy, give me a show with a lot of "diversity" that's well written and has great characterization and I'll eat it right up (The Wire is still one of my favorite things ever made). Anyone who actually cares about "brown people representation" in television and other media should want better than and not blindly embrace bland soulless bullshit like Stranger Things season 2 episode 7.

It shouldn't be in the official season 2. What they should have done was leave Eleven's return in as it is in episode 8, then release 7 as a standalone episode a couple months later. That way her return feels like a much more interesting/unexpected moment, you're wondering what's up with the new look, and people aren't upset with the episode disrupting the flow of the season.

>episode 7 was boring
>WHAT ARE YOU SOME KIND OF BIGOT??
kek

it's what happens when you cram the hero's journey into one episode
>tfw no one on a board dedicated to storytelling picks up on this

Netflix should hire you.

If that did happen, I imagine there would be way more shitposting here though

I skipped episode 7 but now I kind of want to watch it . Seeing that the Paki girl had an Indian accent despite being raised by white scientists made me curious to see how bad it would be.
Is it worth watching at all? I HATE Eleven btw.

>forced diversity
>bunch of criminal hobos living in an abandoned warehouse
Yeah, no way a bunch of minorities in the 80s could be homeless.
Let's recast them all as white males instead.