So what exactly were these? Some kind of Facetime service?

So what exactly were these? Some kind of Facetime service?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m93JgyI_eUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I realize you are trying to be funny, but no they weren't.

Yes, but it connects your mind and spirit

is that a wolfd testicle?

LOL, upvote kind sir!

Pretty much, but they also were used for money laundering to evade the kingdom taxmen since the transmissions couldn’t be tracked.

deepest lore

Thanks bae

Tolkien actually goes into pretty exhaustive detail on the way these things function in the appendices. They work a lot like camera drones or something, but the viewpoint can "travel" or "zoom" great distances rapidly. You can also rotate the view by physically walking around the palantir. It also acts as a psychic amplifier, given the user a certain degree of telepathy or "spiritual awareness" if you want to think of it in fantasy terms. This ability was similar to that afforded by the Three Great Rings and especially the One Ring. The Master Stone, in particular, possessed by the Dark Lord, gave dominance and authority over the view of the others and, those who used them.

IIRC, Feanor himself was the one who wrought them, pretty much the most badass thing he made other than the Silmarils.

Why wasn't he invisible?

youtube.com/watch?v=m93JgyI_eUc

Feanor didn't died and got turned into a swamp or I'm confusing him with someone else?

The "invisibility" works by shifting the user from the physical world to the spirit. It's more of a side effect, I think, than an intended use of the ring.

Sauron already exists simultaneously on the material and spectral planes. It's a question of interest whether an elf would disappear if he put in on, either. I doubt that Gandalf would.

Transcription error. He didnt quite die, he was tortured by Sauron and turned into an orc. And he didnt beocme a swamp, he lived in one. The hobbit bard Brokejaw sang of this in his long poem Everystar.

Is this some obscure meme I haven't heard.? Feanor was hacked to death by nine Balrogs outside the gates of Angband.

because invisibility was only a side effect for anyone who wields the ring besides sauron, the true power of the ring is released when wielded by the dark lord which is control over all other rings and immense power.

The fight scene between Sauronman and Gandalf was terrible

giant anal beads, everyone knows wizards are raging faggots

I thought it was alright. What was your problem with it?

Uh wow... someone doesnt know his Silmarillion I see.... This thread is for experts only, please leave

Noncanon fanfic garbage

Its two wizards going at each other
make some explosions instead of that force bullshit that Gandalf never uses again

If Sauron is so powerful why is a sword able to hurt him?

I thought it was because the ring multiplies the abilities one has, like the hobbits are afraid/evasive creatures and thus they turned invisible.