Who is the best comic book writer right now?

Who is the best comic book writer right now?
Who is the most successful?

Definitely not Kirkman.

I'm still mad about how Invincible turned to shit.

Kirks not the best but he's certainly not the worst it really depends on what your preferences are Morrison for meta-comics Bruckbar for his gritty thriller books and bendis for nothing

>Who is the best comic book writer right now?

Still Morrison.

>Who is the most successful?

Kirkman.

Is Kirkman that successful? And doesn't Morrisson live in a fucking castle or something?

Kirkman has a wildly popular television series based off one of his comics, and said television series has spawned another popular television series.

His net worth is 20 million dollars.

I don't know about Morrison but Kirkman is pretty fucking successful.

Ewing da god

>said television series has spawned another popular television series
?

>Ewing da god
Mediocre as fuck, only "good" if you only consume superhero media.
>>said television series has spawned another popular television series
Outcast.

This, basically. Kirkman's living the dream while Millar (using the analogy because it's not any huge secret most comic writers want to break into Hollywood) keeps coming up with tryhard embryonary movie scripts in comic form, that if we took him for his word would have already spawned a wildly successful movieverse.

Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead.

Kingsman was pretty good tho

>Mediocre as fuck
You're mediocre

>Outcast
>Fear the Walking Dead

Which one is it?

Hickman

Probably Millar.

>no u xD
So these are the debating skills of your average Ewing fan. Can't say I'm surprised.

Fear the Walking Dead is the one that shows the start of the disease and the immediate fallout. Takes place on the west coast.

Millar writes 5-issue comic books that are all basically an idea with a rushed ending, gets an amazingly talented artist to carry them, and options them before the first issue comes out.

He might not be a great comic writer all the time, but he is amazing at what he does.

Hick-man or Mignola for the first.

Unquestionably Kirk-man for the second. It can't even be close if he's getting a reasonable slice of the merchandising.

That's what I was talking about, though. He can brag that "it was optioned!", but most of the times it doesn't go anywhere else than that.

The only things that did turn out were Kingsman and Kick Ass. He talked like Superior was a done deal and kept carrying the attitude but at this point he's not fooling anyone.

Millar isn't getting paid millions for comics posing as script-treatments, even when they DO get made into movies.
Kirkman is unquestionably at the head of an empire that makes McFarlane look smalltime at his apex.

Probablt Chris Onstad is the best.

Some day Sony will be stupid enough to option The Unfunnies and the studio will burn to the ground.

Warner is trying to make Batman unpopular in your lifetime, which is a more amazing and awful achievement.

I can't disagree with you. Touché.

I love how he swore Hollywood had jumped on this despite the ending being a massive impossibility and the infamous "her womb is rigged" bullshit.

Carrie Fisher couldn't script doctor this into a coherent story if she were alive and given 8 bricks of cocaine.

>Carrie Fisher couldn't script doctor this into a coherent story if she were alive and given 8 bricks of cocaine.
Is it really that much less plausible than The Dark Knight Rises?

Best is subjective. Kirkman is the most successful

>but most of the times it doesn't go anywhere else than that
That doesn't really matter though, he still gets paid. Maybe not as much as he would have if it got made, sure. But I bet he makes more off the film option than he does off the comic sales.

> The only things that did turn out were Kingsman and Kick Ass

That's still three movies, and Kingsmen is getting a sequel.

>Tony Moore couldn't draw a little faster

If this dude could've just stayed on top of deadlines for a couple years, he would've been nigger rich by this point. I'm sure he still got a good amount of money out of it, but man sucks to be him.

Also Charlie Adlard is the luckiest man in the world. The dude is legitimately not a good artist, but he does well enough and he'll never miss a deadline.

>Is it really that much less plausible than The Dark Knight Rises?
Did you read Nemesis? It's got one of the worst ass-pull endings I've ever seen.

Mark Millar formula for success:
-Have a decent idea
-Make sure it's not too unique or original
-Come up with a cool way to kick off the story
-Hire an a-list artist
-3 to 4 issues of buildup
-oh shit time to make up an ending
-sell your script to hollywood
-make money