Here's an odd question:

Here's an odd question:

What's a comic or cartoon that would benefit from having LESS lore and world-building?

Steven Universe.

The rock cocks

I think op meant less as in a lower amount, not less as in lesbian.

To lazy to find a >pic related but gravity falls could of gone either direction, with more plot & lore, or less. Adventure time too. They both have weird dynamics when crucial plot stuff is in a dilemma of the week thing like susan strong/marcy's intro or irrational treasure.

The LEGO Movie
Third act twist was gay.

The Sandman

Nice. But I do really think SU was better when there was less homeworld stuff in it.

most likely the simpsons.

You'd probably enjoy Lego Batman more. Less self awareness and overall more straight forward.

Legend of Korra

You know what needs less lore?

Give me the diamonds.

Adventure Time is the one show I can think of right now that clearly fits this for me. I always thought that from the beginning, it was just supposed to be wacky adventures in a nonsensical, but DnD-inspired world.

Soon as they started making things serious, both lore-wise and muh shipping wise, the show flew off the deep end and never recovered.

None

There's plenty that would benefit from BETTER lore, but no stories are improved by being less of a story

This post is super cool! I bet the guy who made it is handsome and great. Almost too great...

If he were out of the picture, all the glory would be mine! Come and find me, user! I'll be waiting

Obviously I wouldn't want to be straight dumb unconnected murder humor, have continuity throughout but fuck it got way too heavy handed with the bullshit later on.

I'd agree in a lot of cases, but some stories do well with more emphasis on minimalism and atmosphere than on dialogue.

Ambiguous settings rather than clear-cut exposition.

It was dumb but it was fun before.

All of this bullshit.

Bomango. Shit went south the moment the author decided a cute comic with a gimmick needed so much backstory exposition that it garnered a reboot

Also this.

Came here post post Questionable Content.

QC used to be a decent soap opera with comic relief robots. Everything went downhill once JJ started trying to flesh out the world.

CAD

Grabbity Balls

This. Adventure Time lore is a mess but they showed how good the show can be when they use lore the right way in the Islands mini series.

Marvel.

Here here.
Get rid of the Golden Age shit. It's pointless.

Lore and world-building is always good. Exposition isn't. Work them in more organically.

A million times this.

/thread

Its become overbearing in the recent seasons.

South Park. Season 20 was a mistake.

What's odd is they are building the world in the worst way possible. Also they can't name anything worth shit.

>The city on the beach where they all live? Beach City

>The homeworld of the gems? Gem Homeworld

>The cluster is just literally a cluster of broken gems

>Steven Universe
Don't really agree, but I do think it shouldn't be bouncing back and forth so much between homeworld, the diamonds, corruption, Steven/Rose, the cluster, Jasper, etc. without resolving much of anything.

>Adventure Time
Yes. I still like the show, and like that it can be a romp and be serious. But when you have lore about a crown, and lore for the lore, and lore for the lore's lore, and a backstory for the lore's lore's lore, you need to stop adding stuff to your design documents 200 episodes in.

I think
>Star vs Evil
Introduces multiple dimensions, features it in the intro, does nothing with it. Magic gets more and more complicated (first a wand, then just... spells, then spells are alive) for no reason. Characters like Toffy exist for 40+ episodes with no depth except for a single hint. On top of the fact that a lot of the most boring episodes don't even use the lore even as a joke. Exceptionally bad SU episodes like Restaurant Wars does this too. Not everything needs to be 2deep, but if it's bad filler either scrap it or be pretentious and fill it with background stuff; all or nothing damn it.

Didn't they say they were not going to do story-arcs anymore?

I certainly did for that alone. It was a rollicking fun romp that had me grinning from ear to ear like an idiot for a little over an hour and a half.