That episode where Stinky turned down a $1 million dollar contract for Yahoo Soda

>that episode where Stinky turned down a $1 million dollar contract for Yahoo Soda

Just drink it.

> it's a Sup Forums doesn't understand some people have self-respect thread.

You say that as if literally anyone on here has self-respect in any way, shape or form

>it's this guy doesn't understand what this would mean for his family reply.

You wouldn't run with the joke for a million dollars to give your family a better life?

I'd suck an unwashed dick for a million dollars, so maybe I'm not one to talk.

I can buy self respect and a lot of other things with a million buckaroos

money is worth more than self-respect in almost every way

You're right, user. Let me tell the debt collection company, repomen, landlord and insurance agency about all the self-respect I have. I'm sure they'll care.

Did Stinky's father ever speak to him again?

The episode was about racism, but instead of race, it skirted it by using the stereotypical redneck hillbilly. Stinky refused to sign the contract for the good of his fellow folk and culture.

Would it be okay for an Asian guy to sign a contract where he for the rest of his life be known as the short immasculated asian nerd?

So I totally agree with this user. People need to realize that Stinky doesn't care about his image, he cares about the image of people similar to himself.

He literally says he has a million dollars worth of pride at the end of the episode. He did it for personal pride, nothing more.

I'm not the guy who you are replying too but having more money into your family wealth is not the best thing you can do for them. I came from a rich family that didn't have strong values and when that money went away everyone went to separate ways without looking back. I met several families in my life but the happier and the most comfy ones were those who were in need but never gave up their values. The amount of respect, love and strength they had was something out of this world. I've never met one healthy person that had any of those values higher than those heartwarming families.

Million dollars is a million dollars, innit?

Maybe this site isn't for you
I hear Reddit is more accustomed for people like you

It sure is, Karl

>freaks of nature have pride

Fucking Craig and his bullshit views

The Jungle Movie is going to suck, isn't it?

>I'm not the guy who you are replying too but having more money into your family wealth is not the best thing you can do for them.
Are you legitimately retarded or just baiting for (You)s?

>Corporate guy making fun of voice / mannerisms (I think that was it or something)
>Literally going to give me 1 million to advertise product with said voice / mannerisms I can use to support myself and family easily

barring any shenanigans with the contract it seems I am really fucking winning here. Who gives a fuck if some corporate assholes make fun of my voice. They are the ones paying top dollar for it in the first place

Fucking this.
I'd have PLENTY of fucking self-respect once I used that money to pay off my family's debts, maybe upgrade to a nicer house, put me and my siblings all the way through college, etc.

Stinky basically fucked his family in the ass in order to preserve his personal pride. Fuck that noise.

Oh it was Yahoo soda? All these years I thought it was Yoohoo.

Willikers!

>I came from a rich family that didn't have strong values and when that money went away everyone went to separate ways without looking back

That isn't money's fault, it's your parents shitty handling of their finances. Don't blame an inanimate object for your family's failings.

>I met several families in my life but the happier and the most comfy ones were those who were in need but never gave up their values.

I'm in the working class void where I make just enough money to not be considered poverty level but I still have to live paycheck to paycheck. I have medical problems but can't afford insurance and my employer keeps me part-time so they don't have to offer any benefits.

You have no idea what 1 million dollars is worth. Even 1 percent of that would be a fucking windfall for me.

You have to go for reddit for having some moral that are beyond money?

>I came from a rich family

Well, there you go. That's your malfunction.
Trust me, if you grew up as a poorfag, you'd think that Stinky should have accepted the money, too.

Do you think Craig Bartlett would turn down a million?

Bro. Nice quints.

It's easy to people that big sums of money don't matter when you've always had it.

I'd do it for a thousand dollars.

>shit parenting
>shit money skills
>boo hoo money is baaad!!!
No, anonymous, your parents are just trash.

No
I bet he was forced to put in some bullshit "morals" like this because Nick suits were breathing down his neck

If I had a million dollars I'd pay my bills, get my teeth fixed, new glasses so I can see again, a cheaper apartment, then invest it in a Roth IRA so I don't die in a ditch when I'm 80.

Stinky was a 9-year-old redneck who was perfectly happy with his current life. He wasn't at that age or background when he could realize that a million dollars could really help. Plus, he was always hanging out with the dumb kids like Harold anyway.

>new glasses

LASIK

well it's clearly based on Yoohoo, just carbonated instead(I'm actually surprised a proper chocolate soda isn't one of the big brands in real life)

Just because your family is trash doesn't mean Stinky's family wouldn't have been happier

This.

Once you start bringing money to your household your self-respect is bound to increase.

Kids shows always undermine the value of money but in the real world that shit matters.

That situation is completley different to a poor family where the money could greatly improve their lives.

They look like they live in a log cabin house with no heating.

>perfectly happy with his current life.
But he wasn't. The whole impetus of the episode was that he didn't feel special. Then, after he turns down the dosh, he says that it made him feel special. After thinking about it, his decision makes even less sense.

Poorfags are mad as hell.

richfags pls go

revolution soon

If I had 1 million bucks I'd move to the US- niggers, Can-Trudeau, well maybe Ger-rapefugees, Fra-rapefugees, Swe-lolno, Aus-SPIDERS,Jap-Xenophobic fucks

Well, fuck I guess I'm upgrading my PC.

How is Uncle Stinky going to get his surgery now that Trump took away his health insurance?

>He wasn't at that age or background when he could realize that a million dollars could really help
Yeah he was
In fact, his father was begging him to take the money

LOL
*upvotes*

When I was that age, a million dollars sounded like "filthy rich"

>for the rest of his life be known as the short immasculated asian nerd?

To have a nice house in a good neighborhood and if he played his cards right, bought all the cool shit he always wanted and will never have to work another day in his life.

He was a fucking retard. I would have done anything to help my family's situation out.

He has visited the other kids's houses, particularly Arnold. Even a tard like him must have known something was off about his living situation.

desu using large sums of money to help out family usually results in greedy relatives but I'm sure I'd bite that bullet if need be

Self-respect>>>>money

>The episode was about racism
Tumblr, pls

Should have told them he knew why they wanted to sign him on, then asked for 20% more.

That's self-respect.

>poor people
>self-respect

Good one.

No way. The glasses hide the wrinkles under my eyes and help me look younger than what I am.

>Would it be okay for an Asian guy to sign a contract where he for the rest of his life be known as the short immasculated asian nerd?

The trick is hiding the money yourself, buy shit your family needs (one at a time otherwise it'll be suspicious) and only lend it when it's absolutely necessary.

Plastic surgery

Maybe even ask for a very small portion of sales from Yahoo soda to be included in the contract to be set for life.

Then keep your fucking values and the money, it's a million dollars that won't last forever but it could help his family either get to a better place or live a better life for a short time.

God damn if it meant a better life for my family I'd do a lot of things I'd never be proud of.

Not dying of hunger/having a good life/dont have to worry about bills insurance/having a good upbringing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> self-respect

This guy makes a good argument

Jesus christ, i know this is Sup Forums but how can you guys not understand that some people think things like self-respect worth more that money?

>i know this is Sup Forums
and yet you still asked your retarded question

Because thinking it doesn't make it true

9 year old poor kids don't have self-respect, you mong. They might not rob, but they would be willingly to do a lot to fix their station in life.

You wouldn't be asking this question if you were born poor.

The thing is that Stinky throw a gold opportunity just because the Yahoo guys call him ugly and them he say to Arnold something about his self respect or Self-esteem... but self respect is about what do YOU thing about yourself not what the others thing about you, in the end you are gonna still be ugly, so why not take the money...

Something similar happen in that episode of the Simpsons when Mr. burns became poor and Lisa help him with the recicly thing, and in the and she refuse to accept the money because my feels.

what exactly was the message of this episode?

Pride is worth more than money, I guess

It's a feel good, easy to swallow moral that kids will eat up, I suppose.

Just look at this thread. Some retarded cunts took that convoluted moral to heart.

>how can you guys not understand that some people think things like self-respect worth more that money?
And those people end up dying miserably in poverty

It look like this because some desperate retard is samefaggoting his opinion.

>some desperate retard is samefaggoting his opinion

You mean you?
Here is your 4th (you). I know I shouldn't feed you, but you seem desperate for them.

>it's an user doesn't understand that selling out to a company rarely works out in the end reply

If they're giving youba million dollars or ANY amount of money they're getting as much if not more out of you. A cartoon is going to simplify things but that company would find a way to fuck Stinky over and make him wish he had the self-respect to say no to begin with. Nothing is handed out for free.

You can't eat pride.

That same money she could have used to better the lives of her family heck if not them she could donate to whatever hippie pledge green peace crap she's all into if she wanted to feel better.

I'm not surprised. I've had several different chocolate sodas, and honestly, the reality doesn't really live up to the idea.

I suppose dying is better than slaving your life away just to survive.

My bet it's on OP and his inability to make an enticing thread being pushed on resorting to simple baits for posts like yours

Because if it was stinky on his own that would be fine, sure I'd disagree with him but it's fine.

What he did though was deny his family a better life, which is frankly absurd and a damnable act.

>which is frankly absurd and a damnable act.

If your family is able to live happily despite knowing that they owe it to your self-loathing, they're a shit family.

>is better than slaving your life away
But that's what poorfags do, if I had a million dollars and knew how to use them I wouldn't have to worry about money problems ever again

I know he is baiting, but I can't help myself. Desperate guys for attention are my fetish. Nothing gets me more off than a guy with daddy issues. This guy boipussy probably tastes like nectar.

>knew how to use them

Look at Stinky's family and tell me, honestly, that they wouldn't be one of those "blew away the child star's money" types.

It wasn't free. It was a simple business transaction. Stinky looks and sounds like the goofball he is on national television, and he is in turn compensated for his time and effort. Meanwhile, Yahoo soda rakes in more dosh thanks to their hilarious new ad campaign.

It's a job. Plain and simple.

Like when Notch got 2.5 billion dollars for his shitty game?

Pride is pointless if you life a miserable live.

People with power, with knowledge or even with something like a guarantee "happiness" can have pride, but if you are an average joe that haven't archive anything special in your life whats the point of it.

Anyone can have pride. Not everyone can have money. Stinky is an idiot.

Do you not fucking understand what raising a kid is?

You know what the most stable and least happy family model in America is?

It's married with a child, they are choosing suffering to help their family. You are a fucking moron if you don't think your parents suffered to raise you. They would statistically be happier without you ever existing, you can argue fulfillment and reward all day but people are happier without kids.

He had the chance to give back and help, and he chose to feel better about himself. Fuck you, and fuck your bumper sticker philosophy.

>life a miserable live

Giving a lot of money to a poor family rarely works out well. They haven't developed the skill to manage it well and end up spending it all and being more broke afterwards.

That said though, Stinky could have given that money to a charity, selling his self respect literally to save lives.

Well rich user I hope we never meet, because I would do anything to get in your pants. Anything

>but if you are an average joe that haven't archive anything special in your life whats the point of it.
Not archive anything fate worse than nolife

You're being too easy. Charge him a million to get in YOUR pants.

Children don't ask to be born, idiot. That's parents making a concious (or not, but I suppose the most extreme case would be dumping the child somewhere) and the expectation is that children will take care of their own parents when they're too old to do shit.

>if you are an average joe that haven't archive anything special in your life whats the point of it

That's what we're all trying to figure out.

>Stinky could have given that money to a charity, selling his self respect literally to save lives.

You're giving way too much credit to Stinky.

I guess I'm the only who was more angry that he didn't explain anything to his father when refusing the money.

What do you mean?

Fuck you, achievement is an empty phrase. You live and then you die, sure you'll be remembered for a generation, maybe two, but not forever. Your not an Egyptian, and even if you were they won't be remembered forever either.

When a character doesn't do something painfully simple for a ton of money its just kind of frustrating ok. Its not even about the damned message its just plain stupid and not how people behave in real life.