Why did he fade into obscurity? He deserved better

Why did he fade into obscurity? He deserved better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWCFjNtQJZo
youtube.com/watch?v=mXBIdEfxccA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shame he couldn't pull a lasting career outta that bag of tricks, eh?

I do love me some Vavoom, though.

Name one thing Felix has going for him that any cartoon character from the past 90 years doesn't have.

He still gets referenced in Heathcliff every now and then.

>Why did he fade into obscurity?

He's existed for almost a hundred years and was still in the Macy's Parade last year. Even as a nostalgia figure that's not a bad track record.

And most people remember his magic bag and the fact that he's a smart aleck, so he hasn't even gotten to that stage where no personality is left.

Good transition from being a mute animation character, then technicolor came but he got stuck there, never really evolved further, unlike other characters that came to life in the 20s and 30s and are still present today.

>Why did he fade into obscurity?
>Felix

Lol, that's not how you spell Gumby.

He's still going strong in japan, I hear

he's still immortalized as a chevy dealership in my area.

>Felix
>Chevy

ayyy two things no one remembers

Almost every adaption of the character from after the original shorts (from nearly 100 years ago) is terrible; in fact I think the shorts themselves had gotten pretty stale by the 30s. For what it's worth, though, I think those original shorts get every bit as much recognition as they deserve. And I'm pretty sure they were quite popular in their day.

I live near a weapon monument that has this logo from 1948 on it

>He deserved better
Twisted Tales were as good as one could get. That show deserved more recognition, but super old characters like Felix need to be gradually forgotten so new ones could be created in his place.

I loved Gumby so much as a kid. That was my early childhood jam.

He can change into anything
With his pals, Pokey Prickle and Goo
He can walk through the wall if you want him to

Me too.. I'm very puzzled on why Sup Forums hates this guy. Wonder if he touch them in their sleep.

Sup Forums hates Gumby? That's a pity. Gumby is awesome. I should watch it again and ride hard on that wave of nostalgia.

Remember, when a poster tells you Sup Forums hates something, that is definitely true, every single time. No way is that ever an opinion, or a lie.

Well I can't say all of Sup Forums, but I do remember stumbling across a stop motion thread while back, someone posted Gumby, poster got several negative (you)s saying how "gumby's a shit" or how "lack luster" his cartoon was or whatever.

Felix had many flavors but the Magic Bag era is the one the current owner wants us to remember most because of his dead dad or something, what with the comics and animated Christmas special from some years back reflecting this.

It's a character and an IP with serious Cerberus Syndrome and unlike the Looney Tunes characters, probably isn't going to be challenged any time soon.

Sucks, because they struck up a great balance with Twisted Tales and that scrapped CGI cartoon might have been something worth looking at.

I think he has an anime.

Because Mickey replaced him obviously.

well it was pretty experimental
that uncommon

Sup Forums hates everything. We are the new Sup Forums.

claymation always creeped me out as a kid, still does. But, for some reason, I still enjoy it.

>Felix had many flavors but the Magic Bag era is the one the current owner wants us to remember most because of his dead dad or something
>Dedicate your life to Felix to make your dead dad happy, thus living in his shadow
What a sad person

It's been implied in a few interviews with Dreamworks/Netflix showrunners that A Felix reboot Netflix Original is on the horizon at some point.

Twisted Tales of Felix was actually pretty good, especially because it's a fusion of Felix and Fleischer Studios on a 90's ambiance.
youtube.com/watch?v=BWCFjNtQJZo
youtube.com/watch?v=mXBIdEfxccA

нeт

user, what does Sup Forums actually like? This board is horribly self-loathing about its own thing. It hates for the sake of it, and lets way too many nonsensical little things cloud its judgement.

Still a better place to hang out than a number of other boards, though.

WHAT?! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?!

The NES game was kind of okay.

Batman TAS

He's got those funky clocks. Name one other cartoon character that's been made into a tacky wall clock.

They also mixed in the magic bag and the bad guys from the other eras.
Twisted Tales to me is the definitive version of Felix.

I legit think that the fact that he doesn't wear white gloves meant that animating him wasn't as easy as other classic cartoon characters.

Do the gloves really make a character easier to animate? Genuine question. It's jointless sausage fingers either way, it seems.

Yeah. If you character has black fur and black hands the hands won't be visible if the hands in between the character's body and the screen. Felix the Cat typically used a white outline around his hands if his hands ever needed to be visible while in front of his body, but back then it could make his hands ambiguous if the film was at all grainy.