If the Amazon LOTR gets off the ground and doesn't go full KANGZ what would you actually like to see...

If the Amazon LOTR gets off the ground and doesn't go full KANGZ what would you actually like to see? What do you feel were lacking from the trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg
youtube.com/watch?v=nM0gHCu-FmQ
forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2017/11/08/adapting-the-lord-of-the-rings-to-television-could-be-a-costly-mistake/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The grey company.

The songs

youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

youtube.com/watch?v=nM0gHCu-FmQ

Is LOTR supposed to be colorful? Because the movies are pretty colorless and GoT and Sykrim have made it even more hip for fantasy to look like shit.

There is nothing, NOTHING, I want to see. I want it to not exist. That is what a true fan wants.

Only thing I would be interested in is like a short mini series about literally just Gandalf journeying around the world doing cool Wizard stuff. I don't want anything about Bilbo or Frodo or the ring. There's no way they'll tell that story better than the movie trilogy did.

If they're hellbent on doing it, I would like them to not touch any of the characters in the book. The milieu is fair game, maybe have the story take place in the Second Age? Make some random Númenórean a POV character etc..

This. You can't improve on perfection.

>If the Amazon LOTR gets off the ground
Why fuck with something already great? Fix the Hobbit if you want to remake a Tolkien property. That's one that actually needs to be a miniseries rather than a movie trilogy.

THe hobbit completely missed out on showing real dwarven society like their halls and stuff ,i want to see dwarven cities

The world is grey, the mountains old,
The forge's fire is ashen-cold;
No harp is wrung, no hammer falls:
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;

I want a scene where Aragorn is about to get fucked up by trolls but then Eowyn, played by a black woman who is possibly trans, shows up to save him and says something like "Let me show you how it's done."

it did show some of their civilization but it was cartoony bullshit like the rest of the movies

lords of Gondor, Denethor being less cartoony

they are going to have bombadil and its going to suck

yeah , the dwarve army awas a complete joke ,the orcs in lotr movie had more soul

yeah also in the beginning of the first movie when it shows Erebor in it's prime the dwarf holds up a gem and two giant fucking Looney Tunes hammers come down at just the right time, unbelievable how badly Jackson deteriorated, the Dwarrowdelf in Fellowship told you so much more about the dwarves and evoked your imagination a thousand times better than the whole intro to Hobbert. The ONLY good shit from Hobbit about the dwarves was the design of the front gate and the small part where they show about 4 or 5 dwarves hammering one thing in perfect rhythm.

exactly

Just do the time where Sauron is fucking about as an Elf and end it on the climatic battle where his pinky gets severed.

I never liked Tom Bombadil. It was just a bed time story that Tolkien told his kids that be managed to put into his book. It's not that interesting at all in my opinion.

HEY DOL MERRY DOL RING A BOM DILDO

A more fantastic depiction of the story. Make the elves really efly and the dwarves really dwarfy.

> white elf calls a dwarf by male pronoun
> dwarf flips out but won't say if it's because he's a trans dwarf or actual female dwarf
> greatest mystery of the series
> finally revealed in season 4 that Xe was a trans dwarf all along
Please don't let this show exist, I can't think of anything good I want included because all I can think about is ways they can fuck it up, I mean just look at the recent tv/cinema trends fuck me dead please spare my eyes.

Aw.. Cheer up user.

A much closer adaptation of the book, a movie length episode per chapter. It'll still be shit but hopefully nowhere near as shit as the movies.

To be totally fair, that sort of language exploration is the one thing that would really fit in with Tolkien's obsession with language and language construction although I'm sure the producers wouldn't be doing it for such a thing.

Just leave it alone.

If Idris Elba doesnt play aragorn then im not watching

You don't deserve any happiness in life

Should try to be more serious, aimed at adults like game of thrones.

This, really wanna see Aragorns tax policy
Would love to see Gimli rape some poor elf as well

oww, why so mean?

What we want to see=Not this shit
What we're going to get
>Gandalf the brown
>Mohammed al baggins
>Legolatisha

No epic war stuff, just comfy adventure like Fellowship. Though I cant think of a single person who'd be suitable to show run it.

what a crazy bitch

Try and stick as close to Tolkien's dialogue as possible

Its waaay too soon for them to remake it anyway even if it wasn't current year.

The twin towers battle is literally still better then anything in game of thrones.

Come back to me in 2040, hopefully by then western society has either collapsed or we have a white ethno state that won't niggerfy fucking Tolkien.

i think they should go KANGZ.
As far as adapting source material to the screen LOTR is a monumentally difficult task and Jackson did about the best job you could possibly do. Rather than try to improve on that, because it is true that Jackson wasnt perfect, they should just avoid comparison alltogether.
Make the whole cast black and then you can approach the material in a way that makes it very distinct from jacksons work.
Its going to be terrible no matter what they do since they are going to try and turn it into Game of Thrones 2.0 but if they're gonna try and redo something that has essentially already been perfected going in a radically different direction is the only option.

I swear to god though if Donald Glover and Idris Elba are anywhere near this production im boycotting it.

Did you just say the "TWIN" towers...

it's gonna be like the hobbit series, really cartoonish movie with lots of silly action and random romances that weren't in the books

ITS A MEME YOU DIP

This.
The move to remake this series smacks of desperation.They're not making this because LOTR actually needs a reboot- they're doing it for the sake of (((diversity))).

delet.

keked hard though

This.

I wish they could start with the Silmarillion, but they can't, right?

They should just do their own original Fourth Age content desu

There's so much room for post War of the Ring content... But I hope they treat their OC with more respect than Shadow of Mordor/War

Also I'd like to see some cosmic horror (as Tolkien hinted with Ungoliant and "the old world")

Even the numales at Forbes thinks it's a bad idea albeit for all the wrong reasons

forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2017/11/08/adapting-the-lord-of-the-rings-to-television-could-be-a-costly-mistake/amp/

Nah, the Rohirrim will be white in order that Eowyn lusts for Aragorn's BBC.
And he is not going to dismiss her in this version.

Lords of Arnor

Set during the waning of the northern kingdom in the 3rd Age.

It could be very Game of Thronesy with the kingdom fracturing into 3 seperate kingdoms, and the Witch King of Angmar would be a great series antagonist.

They are going to fuck it up guaranteed

Literally the only thing I'd change is the reference to menus

Comfy gif bro

nigger

Post yfw LOTR is BLACKED

Quality post, friend!

No, they're doing it for money

BLACKED LotR casting:
Gandalf: Morgan Freeman
Aragorn: Idris Elba
Boromir: Ice-T
Frodo: Kevin Hart

Everytime i see this gif this tune comes to mind
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

Morgan Freeman and Idris Elba are unironically inevitable.

Neither of them will be cast

Will Smith as Gandalf. His son as Frodo.

>Remake
gahhhh
Wake me up when there is a Silmirillion adaption
After the sjw age is over and the numales die
from my grave

>There's no way they'll tell that story better than the movie trilogy did.

And for exactly this reason whoever came up with the idea of a remake should be executed

I'm all for expanding the story, but fucking retelling what's already been told perfectly is so retarded

I want this to be so sjw and lefty propaganda that it has nothing to do with actual lotr so it ends up being another thing completely and I can just have a laugh at idris Elba as aragorn

As long as we get more black representation I'll be happy.

I wanna see some puffy, blonde-pubbed hobbit pussy

The movies have plenty of colour what are you talking about? It's a riot of colour compared to current GoT or Skyrim.

Fuck that's comfy

call me a pleb but i hated the tom bombadil chapters so much

i love this song

I agree with leaving Tom out of the films.
It doesn't fit with the tone and narrative very well and I just know that they would try to include him in the new LOTR just to make it "closer to the books" but they will half ass it and fuck it up.

Modern CGI in all its glory like in WoW movie would be nice. Also some sex maybe, the trilogy feels too much like a kids movie.

i really can't imagine anyone but Ian McKlellan playing Gandalf

Who thinks there should be a remake of Lord of the Rings? Who actually thinks this? Who are these people? Fucking hell. PLEASE literally kill yourself if you want that to happen.

Cant wait to see asian hobbits and black elves

talion's storyline would be good for that, at least they're just putting shit over the canon instead of straight up destroying it

>Making a show about some garbo fanfiction from a mediocre game series

you'd rather have them rewrite extensive parts of the real canon and put out for everyone to see?

How about they do neither? Is there a genuine necessity for people to continue pissing on Tolkien's grave? Of course not. It just sells. Fuck 'em.

unfortunately that doesn't look like it's going to be one of the options user

We wuz wizards n shiet

Who is the the obvious black character in the remakes ?
i would say gandalf since in the books the istari were described as only being old

Make all the orcs black.

lol

Clearly the Elves should be black.

>Make

Bill Cosby as Gandalf.

In the books half trolls are literally niggers
I would be ok with black uruks though

Journey of the Blue Wizards when?

They can go have OC donut steel adventures in not-Egypt with noble black kangs fighting against Sauron from the East or some contrived shit.

A SILMARILLION tv series, holy shit, that's what I want.
I want to see Feanor burning ships, soloing Balrogs and dying while combusting from pure rage

It will be Galadriel, just you wait

no fuck off

No u, it'd be KINO
But I want an animated series and Alan Lee as the illustrator

Budget constraints and brainlet audiences would fuck a Silmarrillion TV series. Silmarrillion should have been a big budget movie trilogy, after Del Toro was left alone to make his single Hobbit movie.

There is literally no way a TV series set in Middle Earth won't suck dick.

The world is not ready for this type of epicness
And for it to be as good as lotr is nigh impossible

>and doesn't go full KANGZ

it will
also gays
and lots of sex and nudity

It depends, Christopher Tolkien is involved in this and he treats his father's work like a religion.
He was his number 1 fan and critic to the point he disinherited his eldest son for like the movies.

Silmarillion anime would be cool. I want to see Feanor's oath adapted before I die

>All elves are gay
>Insert a duo of gay elves
i can already see it

i also expect a lot more high fantasy magic bullshit like in the shadow of war games.

didn't he allow WB to make that dumb shitty canon killing game?