Venom #150 Preview

Venom #150 Preview

>VENOM #150
>MIKE COSTA, ROBBIE THOMPSON & DAVID MICHELINIE (W)
>TRADD MOORE, GERARDO SANDOVAL & RON LIM (A)
>Cover by GERARDO SANDOVAL
>Variant Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
>Young Variant by SKOTTIE YOUNG
>Variant Cover by ADAM KUBERT
>Variant Cover by JAMES STOKOE
>VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
>SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
>VARIANT COVER BY GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

>REUNITED, AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!

>Or, feels so bad? However it feels, Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote have been reunited, and they’re web-slinging their way around New York again. Featuring a host (hah!) of Venom creators from the character’s near 30-year history, this monstrous anniversary spectacular welcomes guest artist TRADD MOORE for an oversized and brutal main story AND a lethal story featuring fan-favorite creators David Michelinie and Ron Lim, reunited! With questions still lingering about how the symbiote was separated from Flash Thompson, and what lies in its future now that it’s reunited with Eddie Brock, this is one issue you can’t afford to miss!

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/33197-venom-150-brings-back-eddie-brock-legacy-numbering.html
comicbook.com/2017/02/15/spider-man-clone-conspiracy-marvel-dan-slott/3
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZpZr3Cv7I
youtube.com/watch?v=GDTMtt12-j8
amazon.com/Venom-Lethal-Protector-David-Michelinie/dp/0785158472/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gabriele Dell'otto variant.

Is that Miles' hand? Kaine's?

>Dat Ann Weying
>Dat Scream
>Dat Lasher
>Dat 90s Carnage look
>Dat not-Sondaval artwork

Is that She-Venom in front of Lasher?

Miles, Kaine doesn't have webs

Its X-23, Nova (Sam) and Miles' hands.

newsarama.com/33197-venom-150-brings-back-eddie-brock-legacy-numbering.html

>Venom #150 will be written by regular series writer Mike Costa, with art from guest artist Tradd Moore. The Flash Thompson back-up story will be written by Robbie Thompson, with art from regular Venom artist Gerardo Sandoval. A second back-up by classic Spider-Man writer Dave Michelinie and artist Ron Lim will flashback to Venom's "Lethal Protector" days.

>“[Issue #150 is] going to be the first adventure Eddie and the symbiote go on once they’re reunited and free of Lee Price and the FBI’s symbiote task force," said editor Devin Lewis. "Eddie Brock and Venom, swinging through the concrete jungle. There’s a lot of ‘Lethal Protector’ in the DNA of Mike’s current run and his approach to Eddie, and, like that story, Mike’s has a lot of heart. But I’ve been adamant about the fact that the symbiote has to be a threat. Not necessarily to Eddie or anyone in particular,other than Spider-Man, but certainly to the world around it. It can and should be a destabilizing force. Regardless of its mental state or the fact that it’s been cleansed, Lee has proven that the symbiote can be dangerous in the wrong hands, and we’re going to see the ramifications of that play out in Tradd’s story.”

comicbook.com/2017/02/15/spider-man-clone-conspiracy-marvel-dan-slott/3

>Comicbook.com: “Switching gears slightly, Marvel recently teased the return of Eddie Brock as Venom in the pages of the Venom ongoing series from Mike Costa and Gerardo Sandoval. Brock as Venom is one of the few classic, iconic Spider-Man villains you haven’t written. Do you have plans or desires to do so?”

>Dan Slott: “Hm, actually, every time I’ve used Eddie he’s been Anti-Venom… This is going to sound weird. Who doesn’t like Venom? The stuff they’ve got planned for the new Venom series is amazing. I don’t want to spoil any upcoming twists they’re doing - or future things we might be doing that are Venom-y - but I will say one of the things I’m really looking forward to is that now that Flash Thompson is no longer Venom we will be folding Flash back into the cast [of Amazing Spider-Man]. I’m very excited to have Flash rejoin the title and one of the things we’ve been doing in Amazing Spider-Man is we’ve been slowly bringing Betty Brant back and letting Harry have a more prominent role. You’re going to see a lot of the classic Spidey cast make their way back into the book.”

>>slott will be writing flash thompson

>AND a lethal story featuring fan-favorite creators David Michelinie and Ron Lim

Woah. Going full 90s, huh?

I'm actually excited to read that.

QUICK, BACK TO STATUS QUO!

>I'm
>I
>I'm
>I

It appears the leaks about Marvel ditching all the diversity pandering shit are true.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYZpZr3Cv7I

Also, in this case (among a few others) it's a good thing

It makes sense with Ann, but not Eddie.

Writers have always flip-flopped on that. Yes people recognize that Venom typically refers to itself in the plural regardless of host, but that's not always the case.

>regardless of host

Yeah, not the case at all.

That was only really applicable to Eddie. He and the symbiote shared the closest thing to true symbiosis for the majority of their time together.

>No Mania

No Interest.

Eddie is usually the only host who refers to them as "we" pretty much constantly, I think it may have happened with other hosts once in a while but that was a trademark of Eddie, since part of his whole shtick was that "Venom" was two individuals bonded by similar goals, Eddie and the symbiote, with the others it's usually just a super suit

>Trade Moore Venom
YES PLEASE

>regardless of host

It only ever did that with Brock, mostly because with Gargan and most minor hosts, the symbiote was usually in the driver's seat and with Thompson and Price, the hosts are in near-total control. Brock and Venom were more or less perfectly balanced.

Might be in the Thompson story.

It'd Better!

Otherwise, I'd just be on board for Tradd Moore art.

>People are going to buy this, confirming to Marvel that pandering > quality

I hate every single one of you.

Why is pandering a bad thing
I've wanted Venom to come back ever since he left....I will never buy a comic that isn't pandering to me, the buyer, I only support comic books when they do what I want them to, and in this case they're bringing the real Venom back, my Venom back, this is literally the only way they could get me to buy a Venom comic again

Who said I was going to buy it?

I'll read it. But threw piracy/theft. They ain't getting a cent of mine. Unless this is actually good (doubtful, since, well... Costa).

>I only support comic books when they do what I want them to

Which is exactly what you should be doing.

>150
How does that add up?

Counting all the various 90s minis, the Way run, Remender's run, Space Knight and Costa's current run.

Because the writer is fucking terrible, the series has been shit so far, characterfagging is nonsense, and by paying for a shit story with Eddie as Venom you're telling Marvel that you'll pay for garbage as long as it's Eddie.

Even if you want Eddie to stay Venom, buying this doesn't help. They'll always, inevitably come back to this. The MacFarlane variant sold very well. THEY KNOW you want Eddie. Buying into this is just going to give you shitty Eddie stories instead of encouraging a creative team switch, which MIGHT get you a GOOD Eddie.

Probably counting all the minis, Way, and Agent Venom/Space Knight chronologically to now.

Might also include Sinister Spider-Man.

Nice attention to detail. I like the change in Brock's physique through the timeline.

>Appealing to logic in a superhero thread
You're screaming at a tornado, user.

>The MacFarlane variant sold very well

The 1:1000 variant? Got a source on that?

Ok well Eddie's return hasn't even happened yet, so you have no basis for these claims you're spewing as objective fact

I will only ever buy a Venom comic if Eddie is Venom, whether it ends up being good (to me) is all up in the air. I've gone my entire life getting shit for being a Venom fan, and admittedly not all Venom stories are great but you can't pass judgement until you've actually read the whole story, and so far we haven't even seen Eddie

>I've gone my entire life getting shit for being a Venom fan

The fuck? Why?

Venom has always been hated by comic nerd elitists, my friend who was a big comic buff, mostly DC, huge comic collection at his house cause his dad was a collector

This guy and other similar types always gave me shit for liking Venom, to a certain type of comic fan Venom is edge incarnate, why would you like Venom when you could like Superman, Venom has no good stories because he's just monster spider-man, you only like Venom because he looks cool, blah blah blah

The user sounds like one of those "It's not Eddie that's Venom? It's automatically shit, not muh Venom, WAAAAAAH" fags.

I've been following the symbiote since before Reed told us it was a living being. And for the most part I've liked the development both Eddie and the Symbiote have had. Having them get back together and going back to eating brains after Eddie finding God (Again), becoming Anti-Venom, Agent Toxin, and the Venom Symbiote being with Flash and trying to be a hero on its own without Flash. I just can't see it being done well unless there's some mind wipes or full reboots involved.

>to a certain type of comic fan Venom is edge incarnate

Anyone who legit thinks that has no idea what the term "edge" even means then.

> I just can't see it being done well unless there's some mind wipes or full reboots involved.

The symbiote once again after being bonded to Lee gets it's rage back and learns that some people are utter shit and deserve to die, Brock just had his latest Carnage adventure so maybe a similar revelation

>The user sounds like one of those "It's not Eddie that's Venom? It's automatically shit, not muh Venom, WAAAAAAH" fags.
Why does that make me a fag? When I was a kid I read Venom comics and he was one of my favorite characters....Venom to me is more than a moniker, it's a character, and I get mad when companies mantle swap regardless of if I like the character....I don't care about Falcon, but him becoming Captain America was stupid, etc etc

>And for the most part I've liked the development both Eddie and the Symbiote have had

You liked the 10 years of the symbiote just being a generic hulked out monster post-Spectacular Spider-Man v2's first arc?

While I would have preferred Flash keep Venom, it being the best thing to happen to both characters in years, I would much rather it be back with Eddie than with Not Important.

>I just can't see it being done well unless there's some mind wipes or full reboots involved.

Have you considered that the entire premise of the story might be the symbiote and Eddie finally coming to terms after they both had their worldviews changes from so much time apart?

>The symbiote once again after being bonded to Lee gets it's rage back

His edge rubbed off on the symbiote, huh?

Is that why its getting stupider while bonded to him?

This is Costa we're talking about. That's not going to happen. The symbiote is already reverting to its old, dumb personality. People want edgy 90s Lethal Protector Venom back. They've been wanting it back for years.

>to its old, dumb personality

That was literally never a thing. The symbiote has always been intelligent.

>People want edgy 90s Lethal Protector Venom back.

That wasn't edgy at all, dingus. Do you even know what "edge" is?

How was the symbiote dumb?

It wasn't. The user is just a filthy casual.

It's that one particular autist who does exactly that in every Venom thread. I wouldn't be calling him out if it wasn't for his telltale massive victim complex.

The symbiote was never dumb and Lethal Protector wasn't edgy. Actually read some comics before you spout shit.

You sound pretty paranoid, user.

They probably meant that era, where some writers had Eddie act like a goddamn slasher villain as he massacred baddies, rather than "Venom: Lethal Protector - Vol 1" specifically.

No, autists who stick around certain threads are easy to pinpoint, they repeat stuff constantly. This guy always brings up how he's persecuted for being a Venom fan.

>that era, where some writers had Eddie act like a goddamn slasher villain as he massacred baddies

That never happened, user.

Again, actually read some comics before you spout shit.

>Venom: Lethal Protector - Vol 1
>Vol 1
>Being this casual

There is only one volume, dummy.

No he's right, and he's probably the same idiot I've had arguments with before in like every Venom thread previously for a while now, he's a Flashfag

That being said I don't have autism but I was always mocked by nerds for being a Venom fan, it happens on this board too still...I mean the same thing happens and happened if you're a fan of any anti-hero type character despite their popularity overall , there are certain comic fags who really hate anything that doesn't adhere to their old school visions of heroism and what a comic character NEEDS to be

No, I feel pretty confident about this. It wasn't terribly COMMON, mind you, but it happened.

Not quite the same, but he also got pretty brutal at times. Not the best page from it, but I'm on my phone, so just have this sample from The Mace.

I am aware, friend.
I put it in big ol quotes and included volume (was thinking of saying "issue one" at first but thought I'd get nitpicked! Irony!) so you would get that I'm saying the book vs the period.

youtube.com/watch?v=GDTMtt12-j8
Thread theme

>It wasn't terribly COMMON

One page of him gutting some gangbangers does not make him a horror slasher. Hell, read the rest of the issue that page came from.

cbr broke it down, here it is:

“Venom: Lethal Protector” (1993): 6 issues
“Venom: Deathtrap – The Vault” (1993): 1
“Venom: Funeral Pyre” (1993): 3
“Venom: The Madness” (1993): 3
“Venom: The Enemy Within” (1994): 3
“Venom: The Mace” (1994): 3
“Venom: Nights of Vengeance” (1994): 4
“Venom: Carnage Unleashed” (1995): 4
“Venom: Super Special” (1995): 1
“Venom: Sinner Takes All” (1995): 5
“Venom: Separation Anxiety” (1995): 4
“Venom: Along Came A Spider” (1996): 4
“Venom: The Hunted” (1996): 3
“Venom: The Hunger” (1996): 4
“Venom: On Trial” (1997): 3
“Venom: License to Kill” (1997): 3
“Venom: Seed of Darkness” (1997): 1
“Venom: Sign of the Boss” (1997): 2
“Venom: The Finale” (1997): 3
“Venom” (2003): 18
“Venom: Dark Origin” (2008): 5
“Venom” (2011): 47
“Venom: Space Knight” (2016): 13
“Venom” (2017): 6

Keep it up, casual scum. You're not fooling anyone.

Math checks out.

So many of those 90s minis are great. Kinda want to go back and reread a few of 'em.

What, do I need to tell you that LP was recollected into Adjectiveless Venom to regain some epeen?
Like, what's your deal? You're not even discussing things anymore, you're just talking shit.

Are you illiterate or something?
You're quoting a post where I said that pic related was about him being brutal, and said pic wasn't even a good page of it.

>that LP was recollected into Adjectiveless Venom to regain some epeen?

The fuck are you even talking about? Stop being such a clueless nigger.

amazon.com/Venom-Lethal-Protector-David-Michelinie/dp/0785158472/

>You're not even discussing things anymore, you're just talking shit.

That's a pretty ironic statement. You're spouting off shit you make more and more clear that you have zero understanding of.

As said, read a fucking comic. Then come back and discuss.

Fuck me then, I don't know what was up with those ones I sorted years back. Could have sworn they were adjectiveless reprints, but I guess I was wrong. My bad.

>That good old Venom classic design on the lower right.
Its like im 8 years old again.

You know, I wonder why they did a bunch of minis? I mean for all intents and purposes it was an ongoing just renumbered for each arc.

>I mean for all intents and purposes it was an ongoing just renumbered for each arc.

Not really. While the different stories referenced each other on rare occasions, they were pretty self contained.

This was way, way before Marvel's #1 craze.

They were still trying to get out as many Venom #1s as possible. Shit, they stopped right about when the speculator bubble burst.

>They were still trying to get out as many Venom #1s as possible.

No they weren't. They are separate, mostly unconnected stories.

We rebirth nao.

>slott still in the main spider-man
Well fuck.

Someone needs to just straight up assassinate Slott.

And Bendis, and paralyze Waid..

That way Waid can finally be what he most loves!
Sorry, so sorry.

>paralyze Waid
But I like Waid when he isn't pulling diversity pandering garbage. He writes a great Spidey and a great Daredevil.

>Mike Costa still writing

i wanna be excited for this, but...