Why do certain characters become the basis of the shows shipping? Is it self-insert, or something different?

Why do certain characters become the basis of the shows shipping? Is it self-insert, or something different?

ITT: Find characters who fit this and describe why.

Depends on the character.
Sometimes a character is hot and that's it, sometimes a character just interacts with a lot of other characters.
Marco is the main bordering on sole male in a show full of females.
Plus he's actively romantically pursuing one of the girls in the picture, there's tons ofromantic tension between him and star and Heckapoo and his interactions were 99% flirty banter and she's hot.
Peridot I'd say has a lot of close interactions with most the cast and her whole arc was basically about her gaining trust and basic empathy and in the case of Lapis finding kindredness.
Never watched Voltron so no clue.

I see a pattern here. It seems that the character most likely to be dominated are shipped with everyone

This. Marco is spineless, Peridot's sudden weakness without her limb enhancers is documented, and though I haven't seen voltron I bet Keith fits the pattern.
Ron stoppable from Kim P also works

Aka the one Sup Forums self inserts as

Lack of plot structure and writing capabilities.

>the character most likely to be dominated are shipped with everyone

Try again

So it's either the character most people can self-insert as or the character most people want to fuck

Didn't Marco spent 16 years trying to beat a demon in a multidimensional hide and seek. Got a sixpack and is highly likely he did it with that demon?

Raven fits that category too since she also sees herself as a shut-in loser.

>"Why doesn't everyone realize I'm just different!"

Why not both?

No, you don't get to say someone who victimizes themselves = most likely to be dominated. This isn't your undergraduate English class.

>Marco self-insert
>Dipper self-insert
>Lincoln self-insert

>It's going to happen, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

In Marco's case it's more or less part of the show.
In Peridot's case it's generally a lot of self-insertion on part of the fandom.

>Self victimized
The other Titans calls her out on her shitty behavior multiple times. As for not being dominated, let's not forgot the episode where an evil dragon takes total advantage of her.

We need more characters in media that get shipped with everyone because they actually act very bisexuality.

Generally, it's usually tumblr

Like 90% of the time

>Is it self-insert?

i always figured that was the case for most people at least in the case of something like zutara or bubbline.

but like said it really depends on the character.

I think it depends on the show and the cast.

Some characters are sort of central; they interact with everyone so the connections could be made, and are preferably single and available and attractive yet flawed enough to make them sympathetic