Image Week 3 Storytime: Haunt

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

Now it's time for what I like to call the Pre-Saga era, when Image was trying to shed away their "extreme" 90's self and not many were paying attention to them. There were some break-out hits, but not as much as today.

Next up is the 21st Century Spawn, Robert Kirkman, Todd McFarlane, Ryan Ottley and Greg Capullo's Haunt

The Walking Dead:
Invincible:
Chew:
Morning Glories:

Wew, that's one hell of a creative team.

Check it out, it's ghostly notVenom!

No, Spawn was notVenom. This is notAnti-Venom

Fair enough.

Sorry bout that, it wouldn't let me post

I read this one when it came out. I really dug it at the start. Spawn and Spiderman in one guy, liked the premise, and sweet Moses was the villain smooth.

But then it got to the point where they changed artists (I think) and then some super duper hippy shows up and it feels like it jumped the shark. And then they cut the title to incorporate Haunt into Spawn.

Overall it's a good series, but it ended just as it was losing steam.

There's two kinds of Haunt fans in the world: the ones who like the original run, and the ones who like Casey's run.

Fuck, that is a great design. Please tell me this is good.

It's good if you like violence, good art, and mindless plots. I like it.