Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/npjOSLCR2hE
youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c
youtube.com/watch?v=H_Jb2gqu5xw
i.4cdn.org/gif/1510215302339.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best ever. I learned what was actually funny growing up on MP. Mainstream comedy is flat and shallow compared.

Fantastic but more of a Gilliam showpiece. Life of Brian is probably the best Python collaboration.

Ending pissed me off

Was this a direct send up of excaliber?

I didn't get this scene

youtu.be/npjOSLCR2hE
Agreed, this shit formed my comedy taste growing up.
>tfw when my parents got my Flying Circus tapes for my birthday when I was a kid

>Life of Brian is probably the best Python collaboration

monty python in general is the embodiment of reddit

Mel Brooks did history kino better, Life of Brian has its moments though

not entirely false, but it's more like reddit is a weak copy of MP without both the wit or the bite.

1. Terry Gilliam
2. John Cleese
3. Eric idle
4. Graham Chapman
5. Terry Jones
6. Michael Palin

It's great, but I cringe when anyone quotes it IRL

so sry 4 u

>The Reddit Grail
no

I cringe when anyone quotes any movie or tv-series irl.

I always preferred life of brian as their best.

>I don’t like something
>REDDIT REEEEEEE
neck yourself

Yeah that doesn't apply here, reddit's entire sense of humor is based around this shit

I like yellowbeard more

t. Sup Forumsedditor

If you think Life of Brian is a lolatheism rant and nothing more than it's you who and only you who are reddit. Life of Brian only works if you have a working understanding of the bible, and it treats Christianity remarkably fairly for a group who are atheists. If anything Christians with a sense of humor appreciate Life of Brian more than your strawman.

I guess that's the common consensus, though I don't see why. I think it was pretty flat.
Brian

I picked the the wild west land perk in new vegas, it's basically just a lot of references to this. But I've never seen any of these, so I feel like I'm missing out

I never even said anything about religion, you're the one who's bringing this up.

>a movie entirely about religion
>'hur why you bring up religion'
What's your non-meme point then

that cannot be true.

I was simply stating that it's s Reddit movie, you're the one that started ranting about some strawman

So you redditposted without even knowing why. Good job dipshit.

>Go off on a rant about some strawman for no reason
>get called out
>"durrr you're just a dipshit"

I can't respect someone if they don't appreciate the hilarity of that opening act in Meaning of Life

Trash birts have better stuf

Explain clearly why preferring one Python movie over another is "reddit." It's your time to shine bub.

basically cs 1.6 teleportation

>6. Michael Palin
Fuck you too

MP tv show has its moments. Holy Grail is a quirky tedious crap with a low production value.

This is underappreciated.

>it's a redditor pretends to hate reddit to fit into Sup Forums episode

Come on don't leave me hangin

wait till bigus dickus hears of this

Well, since it predates Excalibur by six years....

This.

Plus there's this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

>So, your father was a woman?

Still lose my shit all these years later

>not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans
Kek

Was this the best scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=H_Jb2gqu5xw

Based. started watching again a few days ago. Officer Crabtree is probably the best character and the Italian is the worst

yes

>monty python
>being called reddit

Newfag: The thread

i.4cdn.org/gif/1510215302339.webm

I love this guy.

Very enjoyable and funny. Some jokes stuck in my head forever.

The ending is literally a cop out.
Holy Grail isn't about a real narrative. It was a convenient excuse to have jokes with the Arthurian backdrop.

Life of Brian is a better fit for a more logical narrative, but still with absurdist humor.

>intelligent people behaving like idiots
This is always the best type of comedy.

>I'm not he messiah!
>I say you are, Lord, and I should know; I followed a few

That line kills me everytime

was so boring i couldnt be arsed finishing it

painfully unfunny

Same. Closest I've ever come to pissing my pants from laughter was the killer cars animation and the episode where everyone kept turning into scotsmen.

...hey

The Meaning of Life is the best one you retard.

>tfw you can easily tell which scene is directed by Gilliam or Jones.

Monty Python is shit, just like all those "classic" SNL skits. If you're under 40 and think any of that is funny you either have a terrible sense of humor or you're just trying to earn your geek cred.

Graham Chapman > John Cleese > Eric Idle = Michael Palin > Terry Jones = Terry Gilliam

I like some of Gilliams work but he's not funny here. His animations were occationally funny but mostly they were just links between scenes.

Or maybe you just happen to be a humorless twat with an exaggerated sense of importance

What do you find funny?

In terms of skit comedy? Mr. Show and WKUK are still great if I go back and look at sketches. MadTV used to be what my family would watch when it was on, but a lot of those skits haven't aged well.

Keeping up Appearances was always funny, too. My mom enjoyed watching that and I thought it wasn't bad, which might be odd considering I have less connection to working class British life than the slapstick humor of Monty Python.