Do we like this?

Do we like this?

It's ok, but it's not Archie.

Essentially it's Degrassi with Archie names

>Do we like this?

It's okay.

Legion is the best of the new 2017 comic book shows so far. Followed by Riverdale and then Powerless.

It would be better if they focused more on the plot and the noir trappings.
Most of the tangential b-plots are very weak.

I want to fuck that Ronnie.

>Relying on a others to form your opinion on something.

I'm an abusive relationship with it: it does horrible shit to me, but then it gives a nice Jughead moment or something like that, and then I just stay with the jerk even if I know it's not healthy.

After an episode I'm usually left wondering if you could cobble together a version using only Jughead's scenes and his narration.

Call it "The Murder of Jason Blosson: A Jughead Jones Mystery"

If it wasn't for the fact that it has Archie characters there'd be nothing separating it from any other CW drama

Or maybe use the main plot scenes as well and just edit out the b plots and the filler scenes that dont matter

Oh well yeah, you'd need some to help with transitions.
Like so far the only worthwhile thing with Grundy in relation to the main murder plot is Archie saying he's going to tell and arguing with her.

Which segways nicely into Jughead finding out.

>segways
segues*

That's kinda the hallmark of Aguirre-Sacasa's stuff.
He writes something in a genre and then adds Archie stuff as trappings.

>we

It's standard godawful CW but I can't stop watching. High school teen drama is like heroin.

Do it, do n edit with only Jughead & the murder plot in mind

bonus if you can do the whole season worth of scenes within 120 minutes for a movie format

I am actually planning on doing it, but can't really start anything concrete until the entire season is out.

That way I'm not surprised by any development that puts a wrench into structure.

Yeah I hear ya

Jughead is best girl as usual.

Jughead is twice the man you are

That's why he's best girl.

True, but I'll be pissed if we don't get OT3
Jughead, Burgers, and Ethel

But all girls are failures otherwise they would be called men

>Essentially it's Degrassi with Archie names
rly CW?

I'm pretty sure the guy in charge of Archie storytelling knows more about how to Archie than some faggot on Sup Forums.

It's a guilty pleasure.

He knows the mythos, but Afterlife and Sabrina are good for reasons that have little to do with them being Archie.

Right, though that doesn't really conflict with what I'm saying. Not trying to sell dated content to modern kids doesn't mean you don't know your material. The company's been explicitly attempting a brand revamp for years now, so this strikes me as an expected divergence in tone.

kek

Oh, yeah, that I agree with.

I think that what really hampers this and makes Riverdale a "miss" after the two hits that Sacasa was in charge of is that it doesn't believe in itself as a teen drama.

It's like the Scream tv show.
It spends an inordinate amount of time trying to reassure that it's not following trite cliches, when it really should just go for it. Cause the namechecking of cliches just brings to light how badly you're using them to begin with.

I can see that. I guess it doesn't really rub me the wrong way for the moment because I went in expecting it to be more like a high camp version of a teen drama. The cliches are sort of there, but everything has a veneer of unreality to it. The main girls in particular are clearly intended to be cartoony in presentation. That's a harder trick to pull off with guys beyond making sure Archie's hair doesn't make sense.

Honestly, the camp isn't there for me.
It just seems unsure of itself.

That said, the camp is definitely there for Jughead's noir subplot. It's like a ridiculous version of Brick.

By camp I'm thinking more Polyester than Hairspray. It doesn't always have to be completely in your face. But it's definitely not quite comfortable with its presentation yet. Jughead works best because he's not trying to repackage a Dawson's Creek storyline from 50 years ago with modern awareness that that was totally statutory rape.

Oh, well, I can see why our takes would diverge haha.

I'm fine with them trying to be this cliche storm of teen dramas, but don't have lines like "so you're the gay best friend", and "you're the mean girl from every teen movie".

And exactly.

Jughead haven't eatten a single thing in the first two episode (Haven't seen the third one yet). So 0/10 it shit but I will still watch.

I'm willing to give this a pass in light of episode 4, but he needs to eat more later.

Yeah

Is episode 4 any good then. I stop watching at 2 because I haven't ahd any time to watch the later episodes.

>not jughead/burgers/hotdogs
I cant believe i ever respected you

It's been no secret that when it comes to Jughead I always put Ethel into the equation.

Especially in the "Life with Archie" days.

Well, it seemingly finishes Archie's dumb subplot and gives Jughead stuff to do, so it has that going for it. Also tunnel snakes.

What happened to jellybean

>Well, it seemingly finishes Archie's dumb subplot
Fucking finally, also I'm gald that Jughead is finally doing something.

Sacrificed to provide protection to the rest of the children of Riverdale. If they go with the occult angle from Afterlife.

Ha ha ha. Yea no. He got lucky.

You're an idiot.

new ones

>talking to the cashier

These are gold.

But Betty said both of those lines.

It's It's a small town murder mystery story with decent production values and the Archive name tacked on at the end for marketability.
It's good, worth a watch, but it only shares the names.

>implying her mother hasn't just been Betty in an elaborate wig all along

>mfw Betty is also Alice and Polly

>Everyone in town is in Betty's imagination
>She's actually the one in the mental hospital not Polly.

I want to protect that smile

Too late!

Really no twist can go as far as Gabe Newell being a drug dealing sex machine running a dungeon club.

Why even try.

I vaguely want to fuck Cheryl.

It's not that she's a bitch. It's that she's having so much fun being a bitch.

No vagueness about it.

Last episode was pretty boring.

>That panel

What the fuck, Betty?

Eh, it set up some stuff and moved some plotlines along, better than 3 at least.

I like it. Don't really care if the rest of you do.

I was so excited about this when it was first promoted, then I tried the 1st 20 minutes and I was just not in the mood for it. Is it worth a retry, or is it just a boring Degrassi spin off with a murder mystery?

That's kinda just it.

I'd say watch at least 1 and 2.

Yeah, this would be a cool season recap

I'll wait for it

Nah, Betty's always been like that.