No-kill policy

>no-kill policy

Wow. What a cute rule.

There is a difference between dealing with criminals, like most superheroes, and explicitly fighting a war against an empire like the Paladins do.

If you don't immediately spot the difference, there might be something wrong with you.

Works for Batman. Mostly.

>we only steal from criminals

>killing is wrong but it's a-ok to send people off to be tortured to death or a similar horrifying fate

Tell that to Batgirl, Robin#2, Two-face, And 90% of Gotham

Only straight up killing I can recall is Sendak's. Only robots get "killed", others are either caught up in explosions, go on suicide-missions or die a Disney-death.

to be fair, the low chaos route was less about being morally 'good' and more about being politically expedient

like, having someone get politically disgraced or mysteriously disappear is less likely to cause society to break down than having their body turn up with a knife in their head

>Don't kill a pair of corrupted twins, accomplice npc will have the twins abducted, their tongues cut off, their heads shaved, and be forced to work in their own silver mine
That's my favorite one

Tell Aang that.

did dishonored 2 have non lethal be more dickish or less?

Dishonored also believes that repeatedly slamming a person's head against stone pavement until they're unconscious is 100% humane

and I believe Batman games do the same

Aang is also a pacifist monk. So its not like he's going to abandon a lifetime of conditioning. Also it never came up but its likely a few people died because of him, as he did take down a few airships filled with fire nation soldiers, and while they always land safely, I doubt everyone was unharmed. Then there was the episode in the desert where he was angry and killed that giant Bee with his airbending

Significantly less. Only Kirin Jindosh gets a fairly cruel fate (though this also can be seen as particularly dickish since he's basically the only one not directly involved in Delilah's plot)

kind of a mix

there were a couple that were genuinely humane, but there was also one that was imo much crueler than anything in the first game (sticking an evil genius in his own electroshock machine until he's a gibbering retarded person who's just barely smart enough to understand what happened to him)

at least the twins had a hand in killing the empress & setting corvo up

weren't there people like the viscount's girlfriend who had nothing to do with the assassination/coup other than dick riding the dick of the guy who was behind it and you basically sell her into sex slavery

>tortured to death
I haven't played 2, but the fates in 1 were
>branded and exiled (ending in his death by disease)
>muted and forced labor
>sent off with her creepy stalker who she wrapped around her finger, had killed, and usurped his estate
>tried and executed
>tried and executed
All of which are completely run of the mill criminal punishments except the muting and the one that ended up being totally not a punishment, whoops.

>and you basically sell her into sex slavery
The books reveal she came out fine and she financed everything, m8.

>muted and forced labor
It's said explicitly that slaves are worked to death in the mines.

Yes, and?

Had they been formally arrested it would have been tried and executed. They could potentially live long, unhealthy lives in those totally illegal off the books mines staffed by kidnap victims from the islands off the coast of the continent if they don't get crushed in a cave in or anything and forced labor, even forced labor under unsafe conditions, is a totally normal punishment for criminals historically.

>tried and executed

Maybe Emily was a good girl and pardoned them

Why is every frame in this cartoon so boring
Empty just like legend of Korra

Seriously compare it with the last airbender
in that show every frame was well composed, nice to look at , had good shading ect

I really like voltron but the artstyle and cinematography is dull

It's enough of a difference that they kill at all, and intentionally, and often when you count people crewing space ships they attack. How about we just keep OP's goalposts where they are and stick to discussing NO KILL vs. KILL rather than playing semantics with which kills don't count?

>It's alright to kill as many people as you like as long as it's offscreen

t.american cartoon

Prepare to have people nonsensically rage at you.
Can't have their waifu's name slandered even though it's true.

It's the music I found dull. Who the fuck thought pseudo ambient synthwave was the right call for an action adventure cartoon? Where is the catchiness, the feeling, the MELODY. Just bland electronica like somebody slapped a synthesizer a few times and collected a check.

I mean shit, they use cartoons like Robotech and Gundam for inspiration and then use vaguely spacey meditation music for the soundtrack? Those shows had songs dammit. They had music that enhanced the action and drew you in, shit you'd find yourself humming years later and want to watch the show again. Pay homage to the era my ass. Pay homage to cutting some costs.

Mostly..

No.

Because killing causes more corpses which spreads the disease. More importantly the people you kill are part of the actual government and running of the city. No point in putting Emily on the throne after killing half of the ruling class and all of the guards who are the only ones willing to deal with the disease-spreading dead bodies piled everywhere.

Not to mention the more ruthless you are, the more ruthless those who need you out of the way will be resulting in even more chaos and destruction.

Since their brother promised to keep them alive it would have been a better end...until he dies in every ending.

But then with no heir to their holdings Emily would gain it, leaving the Corvo not interested in killing to keep them alive.

Really?

Crime doesn't pay, user.

It's fiction! It's a controlled environment! Why does everything have to be in a "real world scenario"?

Let it die.

It sure as shit doesn't. It's called fantasy for a reason. It can be whatever the author wants. Yet people still demand "muh realism" for some reason, and try to place arbitrary restrictions on make believe. It's a pain in the ass.